PDA

View Full Version : Moara - Coops

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

screenpainter
04-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Thanks so much for the new gallery Coops. I suppose it was about time
to update and be held accountable for my outrageous slinging of the digital paint. that studio really needs to renovate. The walls are crumbling. :) :) :)

silvy
04-12-2012, 07:37 AM
WoW Katie:):)! Very cool gallery, it's a pleasure to look.
Great works Albert;)

coops
04-13-2012, 04:14 AM
So happy you enjoyed it Albert, its well deserved:)

Caesar
04-13-2012, 05:10 AM
Great to have Albert in here also with the secret identity and pseudonim he uses to paint in other and more abstract dimensions of the universe ...:p

RobertSWade
04-13-2012, 05:53 AM
Well deserved new digs for Albert's new voice.

justjean
04-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Albert, a wonderful gallery filled with an :) explosion of colours and shapes

Lima
04-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Ms Coops, I love the use of the painting as the wall.
Bravo!!!
For sure an abstraction within an abstract display of Albert's wonderful art. Congratulations dear Katie.

Albert your new and modern abstract art incursion is just beautiful. I specially like the relaxing harmony of the colors. Congratulations dear friend.

Also I can see Master Roberts Wade around. Hi Sir, nice to see you.:)

coops
04-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Christine's wild animals are a joy to view and together I think they look wonderful. She is such a great member of the forums and hope you like your well deserved gallery Christine:)

Caesar
04-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Saphire's painting are marvellous, but also the way You arranged them, dear Katie, are as much great!

Saphire
04-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Thank you so much Coops for including my work in the Moara Gallery, it's feels such an honor:), I am blushing now!

D Akey
04-19-2012, 04:48 AM
Sapphire, congratulations. What a marvel. The images reduced to look like perfect little photographs. It's like they're little portals into a woodland scene -- little screens like a reality show for woodland creatures. Excellent body of work. Still blows my mind that you have challenges with your vision. One would certainly never suspect based on your pictures. Brava!!!!!!!!!!

Ms. Coops, this is a brilliant design as was pointed out by Caesar. I love the continuation of the tile shapes carried into the ceiling. Thanks again for your energy so kindly directed.

eighty+
04-19-2012, 05:06 AM
My congrats. Saff well deserved. :eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D

coops
04-19-2012, 11:24 PM
It was a pleasure do to this Saphire so glad you liked it:)

screenpainter
04-20-2012, 08:00 AM
beautiful gallery of the beautiful artwork of Christine. congratulations to you both on this. awesome gallery.

shadowslake
04-20-2012, 08:13 AM
I have a ways to go to be worthy. Nonething posted on the net is ever truely forgoten or lost.

coops
04-24-2012, 02:38 AM
Barnburner is such a steadfast member of the forums and such a wonderful writer I thought I would do something a little different for him. Hope you like it Barnburner and keep on writing as your stories are such fun to read:)

limey-g
04-24-2012, 02:55 AM
Really nice tribute to barnburner who as you say delights us in so many ways.
Geoff

D Akey
04-24-2012, 03:09 AM
Barnburner, congratulations! A nice tribute to your writings and pictures. :):):)

mannafig
04-24-2012, 05:26 AM
Fabulous dear Katie A worthy tribute to our resident author and artist:):)

gxhpainter2
04-24-2012, 05:36 AM
Congratulations to Saphire a truly marvelous artist and BarnBurner our favorite author and artist...well deserved !!:cool::cool::cool::):):)

barnburner
04-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Wow! Katie, thank you so much. I am truly touched. (Well people have been saying that about me for years.... :D ) Seriously, this is just wonderful. Cannot tell you how much I appreciate it. :):):)

Geoff, D Akey, Amanda, and George - Thank you all very much for the very kind words. :):):)

Lima
04-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Saphire your work is really beautiful. Congratulations.

Barnburn, nice to see your talent here in Moara.

Katie, dear friend:)

Alexandra
04-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Congrats Saphire and Mike!

screenpainter
04-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Great tribute again Katie! Congrats to you both.

barnburner
04-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Sandy and Screenpainter - Thank you both very much. :):):)

Caesar
04-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Great tribute to Barnburner, a mate who needed both a museum pavilion for exhibiting his illustrations and a shelf of a library for reading his novels and stories (hopefully he'll take soon on the moon again ...)

Saphire
04-25-2012, 12:53 AM
Thank you everyone for your very kind comments. Congratulations barnburner I love reading and viewing your painting this is wonderful tribute.:):)

barnburner
04-25-2012, 02:06 AM
Caesar - Many thanks. I hope to start work again today on the next chapter of the moon story. I've had a few too many things to take care of recently. :):)

Saphire - Thank you very much, and congratulations to you also. Your work is just splendid and certainly deserves to be honored. :):)

coops
05-01-2012, 01:58 AM
Cesare has done so many beautiful paintings of ladies that I thought a new gallery was called for and I hope you enjoy this one especially Cesare:)66576

limey-g
05-01-2012, 02:32 AM
A fitting tribute to a good friend and skilled artist, who gives us all so much pleasure on the forum.
Well done coops
Geoff

gxhpainter2
05-01-2012, 04:01 AM
Katie. a great idea to have this special gallery for Caesar and his ladies!.... a fitting tribute to one of the most solid and talented forum mates here...:):)

silvy
05-01-2012, 05:04 AM
Katie:), a superb work on new masterpieces of our great artists: Saphire, Barnburner and Cesare.
Brava!!

Caesar
05-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Ohhh.... Thank You very much, dear Katie, also for the presentation in Spanish. It may imply there's some of the Argentinian tango passion in my works (not a casethen that Argentina has got half of its population made of my fellow countrymen descendants)! You were so kind!:o:)
Thank You all other mates appreciating.

pat1940
05-02-2012, 08:17 AM
A little behind but very well deserved Saphire, Barney and Caesar, congrats, you are all wonderful artist:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

justjean
05-02-2012, 09:32 AM
What delight for the eye in strolling through the Moara Galleries of Albert, Saphire, Mike and Caesar, each has their own beauty and charm :)

D Akey
05-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Fantastic Caesar! You definitely are one of the foremost driving forces behind the dynamics of the forum. This place would not even be close to the same without you, shipmate.

Your work has really taken a major jump in quality, presumably because you have really found your voice. Whatever it sounds like in Italian, it certainly comes through with subtlety and erudition in English. And your Puckish sense of humor is endearing. You have many dimensions, my dear fellow and what doesn't come though in your paintings comes through in your comments. I must confess that painting ladies in heat is far more fun than hearing about how Cicero expounded on lancing a boil on his backside, but both are ever entertaining. I confess I have even had to go to the English dictionary with your extensive vocabulary and thought provoking concepts. Be that as it may, nothing says 'loving' like a lady's beautiful backside. So go ahead and exercise your vocabulary if you must, but keep the naughty yet so eloquent pictographs coming.

I think Ms. Coops really did well to have the museum visitor so close up researching the details of the lady's midsection. Ms. Coops, you do seem to know our dear friend Caesar. Hahah. I fear if he would ever get into 'Scratch n' Sniff' pulp magazine art, what that could possibly bring us by way of a sensual experience.

All that aside Caesar, as I mentioned, you have found your painting voice. And it's more visual and far more entertaining that ever was in the realm of your paisanos, Pavarotti or Caruso. You, sir, have an unmistakable vernacular voice.

Bravo! Keep driving the life force home, lad.

Love your paintings. Congratulations on your new gallery. Well deserved treat for one and all.

Thanks, Ms Coops. As ever, you rise to the occasion and cause us to celebrate this group of friends.

screenpainter
05-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Katie. I loved to see Cesare's gallery. Congratulations to both of you on this addition. He is such an inspiration to the many artists of this forum and an amazingly prolific artist. I am sure you had your work cut out for you in selecting just some of his many excellent works. A great addition and a great idea to update some whose work has grown so much over the years. Well done indeed!

Weeks
05-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Excellent ! :cool:

Best,

Weeks

barnburner
05-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Katie, such a splendid tribute to the works of Caesar. Well done, and congrats to him. :) :)

Caesar
05-02-2012, 11:37 PM
I would thank again all friends so kindly appreciating the usually outstanding work of Katie and the monographic exhibition she made out of my ladies paintings. :o
I therefore would humble bow from the stage where our dear D Akey and Katie put me.
As Mr. Jobs invited us to do (at least the young ones, whatever its meaning), I find at least my creative way "to stay hungry and foolish" ... :D
The truth is that I would have never been vaguely the same without the warm friendship and art I found in this Forum. feel so honored to have met here so many great artists, wonderful persons, excellent professionals and a sort of "summa theologica" about graphical art and humor as D Akey who, I'm sure, I would have enjoyed to be my boss, agent and consultant should I have made the career or taken the direction he's now suggesting for my attitudes.
Like the stilnovo poets (Dante, Petrarca etc.), I certainly would have been much diminished, should I have not been inspired, liked, enjoyed and loved the feminine presence in this world (and in this Forum as lovely friends and mates).
Therefore: GRAZIE MILLE again to You all! :)

coops
05-03-2012, 01:46 AM
You so deserve every word dear friend Cesare, and I totally agree with you about the warmth and friendship that the Artrage forums excude, its like a home from home.:)

Lima
05-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Completely amazing. Caesar's art is a treat for the eyes. Parabéns Caesar.
Katie:cool:

Caesar
05-03-2012, 08:24 PM
Obrigado, caro Oriane! You make me feel like an oculist! ;):D

eighty+
05-14-2012, 09:41 PM
from the south gate to the east gate not to bad not sure sort of half and half the wind feels stronger :eek:

sat in the garden when i got home I've got a face like a ripe tomato now :D :Dok enjoy your day Katie Katie Coops

eighty+
05-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Hello east gate have the viking's Landed as haven't heard from you they any good at Ballet ??

The only one I liked was the elite syncopations music by Scott Joplin the great Afro composer

Seen on tv never to be forgotten but being a buff you must know all that ok.

Well east gate I'm not really worried as I know what a hard Dour lot the Yorkshire tribe can be

........... Ok. Keep smiling. Katie. Katie. Coops .........Slainte

eighty+
05-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Yuk. Yuk. O Caesar O Mighty One. More a Bycyclist. I should think. ;););)

coops
05-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Hi there dear Eighty, is this a hint for another gallery. hehehehe. Hint taken.:)

eighty+
05-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Hi. East gate at last. You've responded No no no not my entension:( just. My way

Of praise to the two people on their thoughts and hard work for our enjoyment

Just like to see it brought to the fore. Ok

Doc Lim'e. ..... Katie. Katie. Coops. ...........Slainte

D Akey
06-07-2012, 07:23 AM
This is one show I am definitely going to take in. Beautiful work, Ms Coops. It was time to pay homage to the one doing all the tributes. But you know what they say, the cobbler's children go barefoot.

Like with the woman walking by who is into her shopping apparently, it may simply be over their heads, hahahah. Oh well.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

coops
06-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Dear Mr Akey you brought tears to my eyes when I saw this. Thank you so very very much for this honour it look wonderful and again I thank you from the bottom of my heart.:):o:o:)

Chaseart
06-08-2012, 03:27 PM
How the hell did he do that??? I know photoshop is a great program but dangggg...

D Akey
06-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Thanks Chase, but this is Ms Coops' moment, or should have been. :(

And yes, Photoshop is awesome, but like all art programs, the time spent attending to details, and the more you do it, the results show. This one is like the previous that I removed, only wee less shogun and humor. Technique is basically the same.

I couldn't quite figure out why nobody was complimenting Ms Coops. Had to have been my doing, for which I feel chagrined. The star was getting upstaged by the extra, and that will never do. Sorry Katie. It's a formidable series with a lot of heart and artistry.

Caesar
06-08-2012, 09:04 PM
A brilliant idea, dear D Akey, and a most deserved thank and tribute to both Katies's Art and her uncomparable service to this great MOARA institution.
She's kind, artful, masterful, sweet, charming and always joyfully super-smiling :), even if she's probably got, as anyone else I guess, her good share of sad moments.
This Artform Dance is most likely representing how she's gracefully acting in and crossing her fruitful and hopefully long lifetime.
I'm really glad and honoured to celebrate such a marvellous person, artist and friend.
Dear Katie, I really wish You all the best.:)

coops
06-09-2012, 02:30 AM
Dear Mr Akey, I really like this one too but the other one was terrific and I dont think you should be sad. Many years ago there was a program on TV called Shogun which I am sure you will have heard of and I loved it. Bought the boxed set and watched it last year. When you put in the Shogun I really was delighted as I thought Shogun had come to see my paintings and I had got the thumbs up from my hero. Please may I ask that you also put that one back in apart from the way it made me smile I thought you did it terrificl job and I thank you once again for your kindness in doing my paintings for MOARA.:):) :)
Thank you Cesare for your very kind words and I am honestly blushing, I am blessed with such good friends here in Artrage. Many thanks once again Cesare:):o:o:)

D Akey
06-09-2012, 04:57 AM
The Shogun must go on. . .

He shows up, hits his mark and we have a show at your show. . . sho 'nuff.

:D:D:D:D:D

Chaseart
06-09-2012, 12:06 PM
I meant nothing wrong. I guess I shouldn't have posted that. It's a beatiful piece from a skillful artist that was complimented by another skillful artist.

D Akey
06-09-2012, 02:30 PM
I meant nothing wrong. I guess I shouldn't have posted that. It's a beatiful piece from a skillful artist that was complimented by another skillful artist.

No worries. More my general comment about the lack of response. That and things have slowed considerably overall.

coops
06-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Thank you dear Mr Akey for putting in the Shogun its great and I love it:)

Lima
06-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Hey Mr. Akey, great tributes to Katie. Love both versions, the magical one is just great. Terrific contribution to MOARA displaying those wonderful paintings by this great ladie. Katie wow.

justjean
06-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Katie, it's been awhile since I've been on the board but what a pleasure to see your wonderful dance series being honored.

silvy
06-10-2012, 03:50 AM
A beautiful tribute to the wonderful work of our Katie:D. great D Akey!!!:D:D

coops
06-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Dear Oriane so good to see you and hope you are well. Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind words:)
Thank you Jean and Silvy your kind comments are really appreciated and once again thank You dear Mr Akey:)

screenpainter
06-12-2012, 09:43 PM
cool tribute to Katie Cooper Mr. Akey.

pat1940
06-13-2012, 04:16 AM
What a beautiful display of our dear Katie's art, so well deserved from a lady that has given so much to the forum and all the wonderful support she has given everyone here, congrats Katie for your fine work;);););););););)

gxhpainter2
06-13-2012, 04:56 AM
HOORAY... thanks D Akey for honoring one of the best...Caesar says it best and your tribute is glorious and wouldn't we all LOVE to see Katie's works in a NYC gallery!...or maybe London and Paris and Rome as welll..:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

coops
06-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Thanks Albert, Pat and GX your comments really made me smile and I appreciate each one of them:)

coops
07-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Its so good to have a great artist like Tinzo back amongst us again and I do hope that your recovery is well on its way Tinzo. Your skill and pure artistry is amazing.68554

barnburner
07-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Such a richly deserved tribute to our Coops (Katie). What a great talent, and an even nicer lady. :) :) :)

D Akey
07-12-2012, 01:30 AM
Wonderful paintings, Tinzo! Congrats on this room at MOARA. Boy, those paintings reduce into little gems, don't they. Your self-portrait is a hoot! Love the smock with all the paint smudges. :):):)

Well done, Ms Coops. Grand idea. :cool:

pat1940
07-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Tribute to a wonderful artist and a most welcome back one to say that we love Brians artworks, so very nice Katie

coops
07-12-2012, 05:54 AM
Glad you enjoyed this and his wonderful artwork, hope Brian likes it too:):):)

tinzo
07-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Coops sent me a post and told me about a little surprise for me in MOARA. I asked her what MOARA was?. I'm such a fool these days.
Anyway, as the title says Gob Smacked is what I am. I thank Coops and all of you my friends for making my return so easy. This tribute
moved me greatly and I can't believe someone would go to all this trouble, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart, you honour me.

RobertSWade
07-12-2012, 06:38 AM
Well done, Katie. A fitting and well deserved tribute to a rare talent.

Shibui
07-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Well deserved Tinzo and good job Katie!

Caesar
07-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Well done, dear Katie! Brian is certainly in the bunch of the most outstanding artists and professionals (AR or not) deserving the main Hall of MOARA and I guess us all of the old guard had a duck-like imprinting effect when, joining the Forum, we met his marvellous paintings and fantastically friendly and useful tutorials!

tinzo
07-12-2012, 09:48 PM
Congratulations dear Katie, on your own honour in the MOARA. It's so very well deserved for the ART you've
brought to this gallery and the helpful and kind comments you've given to so many. So a
BIG WELL DONE KATIE.:):):):):):)

tinzo
07-13-2012, 03:34 AM
It give me great pleasure to post 2 more galleries.
Tinzo's art is astounding. I found it very difficult when I had gathered all his work together to decide which ones to put in so I put as many of his wonderful paintings as I could in. This artist is an inspiration to us all.
Cedric's work made me smile all the way through making his gallery and again choosing was so difficult so lots and lots went in. His art is so amusing and excellent.
I hope you like the wonderful works of Tinzo and Cedric.:)

Katie, browsing Moara I came across page 69 and was amazed to find my galley here. I think it's lovely and I'm so honoured by this tribute.
You are a lady in a million, always thinking of others and making DeviantArt, what it is today. Once again, my deepest thanks to you and
my friends here on DA....Love to you all Brian (tinzo)

coops
07-13-2012, 08:37 AM
It was my pleasure Brian, Artrage really welcomes you back:)

tinzo
07-17-2012, 03:37 AM
It was my pleasure Brian, Artrage really welcomes you back:)

Thank you sweetheart.

D Akey
07-17-2012, 03:46 AM
Well done Katie, indeed! :):):):):)

gxhpainter2
07-17-2012, 04:46 AM
Katie... wow you did a great job on Tinzo's new gallery, I love the antique frame on one of my favorite recent works and the image he did with the paint smock add's a great touch of humor.. and It seems once again you have touched someone deeply... well done..:):):):)

coops
07-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Thanks all but it is such a delight to do these galleries and I am so happy when it brings a little joy:)

tinzo
07-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Katie... wow you did a great job on Tinzo's new gallery, I love the antique frame on one of my favorite recent works and the image he did with the paint smock add's a great touch of humor.. and It seems once again you have touched someone deeply... well done..:):):):)

Yes I agree gxhpainter: "The girl did Good". :D :D

coops
08-31-2012, 07:21 AM

Hope you like This gallery which combines WooWoo sheep as well as some other lovely paintings:) Hope you like it Matey:)

pat1940
08-31-2012, 09:28 AM
Have always loved Fraser's talent and enjoy seeing his name in the gallery with a new painting, a well deserved gallery for Fraser and such a wonderful job our Katie has done again
and again and again she is such a pleasure to have here.......congrats Fraser for your beautiful art

D Akey
08-31-2012, 10:01 AM
Nice stuff, F-P! Quite a range. I still love the woo sheep walking through space with your paintings floating all about them like the world from whence come your paintings.

Too bad so many of your older works got jettisoned. But this anchors these fine works. You could easily have filled this exhibit with some pretty groovy stuff were they all still in play.

In spite of the silliness of the woo sheep references, I think this shows a lot more dimension of the artist. And let us not forget the photography and music and little film making endeavors which were tributes to some of those still hanging out here. I remember the one you did of Ms Coops' paintings some time back. She returned the compliment with this gallery, and very well deserved, my dear fellow.

These paintings here are very cool. Good on ye Jimmay.

Ms Coops, thanks again for yet another wonderful tribute to one of the artists here in ArtRage, in this case, an old friend.

RobertSWade
08-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Surely it's not possible that this is the first MOARA room for the wonderfully strange and hugely talented Mr. Paice! :confused:
Isn't it amazing that the MOARA building has expanded to the point where you get lost trying to find your way around?
Why, I remember when it existed on one floor of a run-down former textile manufacturing building with a handful of rooms. Now it has more floors than those initial rooms in a downtown location that is the envy of the art world.
In such large part this was made possible by the seemingly inexhaustible energy, talent, and altruism of Ms. Katie Coops.
So, hearty congratulations to Mr. Paice and heartfelt thanks to Ms. Coops.

byroncallas
08-31-2012, 02:42 PM
Katie, I'm a few months behind and see you've been busy acquiring more great works for the MOARA. All the new entrants are stunning. You've about mastered the art of letting everyone shine, continuing to make this the very best spot in digital artland to come visit, savor, and leave enriched and inspired. Beautiful stuff from everyone, both the art and insired words. And your presentation of everyone's work arise sublime.
:):):):):):):):)

fraser_paice
09-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Aww thank you Katie and thanks guys for the kind words, I think my work is so diverse because of this forum, I see so many inspiring things from all you talented people and have to have a go myself. Needless to say my hard drives have a very mixed bag of paintings of varying degrees of success on them. Thanks again matey!

screenpainter
09-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Moara lives! congrats to both Fraser for the excellent work and Katie for another fine art gallery.

jibes
09-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Just a great show going on here!

silvy
09-02-2012, 03:50 AM
Katie:):):)another two wonderful gallery: Tinzo's and Fraser's.
A great artist for two artists:D.
MOARA forever!

Steve B
09-02-2012, 04:11 AM
Ok, I officially feel like a dunce. How do I view these galleries? I read the last 5 pages, and people are talking about the galleries, but I see no links. I read the first post, and also saw talk of the galleries, but no links..... ???? I'm sure its very simple and straightforward, but as a person who's not looked at MOARA before, I can't figure out how to find these things. Sigh.

justjean
09-02-2012, 04:51 AM
Ok, I officially feel like a dunce. How do I view these galleries? I read the last 5 pages, and people are talking about the galleries, but I see no links. I read the first post, and also saw talk of the galleries, but no links..... ???? I'm sure its very simple and straightforward, but as a person who's not looked at MOARA before, I can't figure out how to find these things. Sigh.

Scroll through this thread and you will see them :)

justjean
09-02-2012, 05:03 AM
Well I just scrolled back and see that there is two more wonderful galleries of Fraser and Tinzo's paintings, congratulations fellows they both are outstanding and thankyou Ms Katie, for all your time and efforts

gxhpainter2
09-02-2012, 07:36 AM
F-P a fine and very creative mind the fruit of which we get to share here thanks to katie's fine efforts.:):)

kenmo
09-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Damn cool....

coops
09-05-2012, 02:32 AM
So are his painting eh Kenmo and a gallery is well deserved:)

byroncallas
12-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Just pulling up the MOARA again, because it's such a great thread.
:):D:cool:

coops
12-18-2012, 01:17 AM
I agree Byron and in the New Year I really must add to the thread:)

coops
01-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Well I see that MSIE has emptied her sewing box with all the wonderful stitching paintings that she has been doing. I think they are so beautiful and she is very talented. Hope you like this one MSIE enjoy your place here in MOARA it's well deserved.:)

RobertSWade
01-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Great job Katie. Congrats, MSIE.

eighty+
01-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Hello Katie Katie Coops you never fail to amaze me, :eek: the stairscase makes such a perfect sitting for MSIE painting 's I feel as if I'm in there Viewing Congrats Katie

Missie you should be pleased congrats

Mairzie Dotes
01-11-2013, 08:17 PM
coops,
What a stunning presentation of MSIE'S works of art. I would
definitely be spending much time on that grand staircase ... if
only to enjoy the captivating view before me. :D

byroncallas
01-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Wonderful, Katie. MSIE's work is terrific, and your tribute is a lovely salute.

justjean
01-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Katie, such elegance on the setting and Congrats Maise your paintings are all wonderful

limey-g
01-12-2013, 01:57 AM
Katie you have created a wonderful setting for the gorgeous artwork of MSIE.
I would certainly take lots of time climbing those stairs.
Geoff

kenmo
01-12-2013, 03:09 AM
Damn cool thread...

Lima
01-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Very nyce, Katie. MSIE certainly produces one of the finest digital works in the net. We can say it is a unique work, unequaled and very beautiful. Katie, congratulations your tenacity and passion keeps Moara alive.:cool:

MSIE
01-12-2013, 05:06 PM
wow, thank you Katie for including me and my paintings in MOARA - I definitely feel honoured! :o
the addition of the sewing box is such a great idea ~ although I've hidden another sewing box (filled with sticker spray presets :cool: ;)) beneath the stairs!

thank you everyone for looking and commenting - you all make me blush! :eek:
... if you now please all come upstairs so we can have a cup of tea? :)

eighty+
01-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Thanks. Missie. Just black. No. Suger. If I can clime up the Stairs. :D :cool:A

MSIE
01-12-2013, 05:37 PM
aww Eighty, I am sure we all will lend you a helping hand! :)
... but I wonder - are you sure, no milk? even I am drinking tea with milk - and I'm german!!! :p
(psssst there's also some whisky on offer, but don't tell anyone!) :rolleyes:

eighty+
01-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Hey Missie. Arn't we all Europeans Yeah , As for tea must be drunk. As is to get the

Flavour ok. Skotch. A bit fiery for my old palate but if you have some Plum Schapps

I'll. Be up those. Stairs. Like a 5 year old. But you might have to carry me out. :eek::D:D:D

sabena
01-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Hi coops you are a great artist and you do a great job, to be continue theses galleries. thank you for your work;)

D Akey
01-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Yes, this is wonderful. The art work in one place like this is wonderful MSIE!!!! I've been admiring the brocade style for a while now. Sew Clever! ;) Fractal Brocade. I like it!

Coops, you're amazing as well! What a wonderful tradition you seem to be carrying on your own shoulders. That sewing kit is a pip!

Brava to you both!!!!!!!!

So uh, now then. . . Where's the cheese and wine?

coops
01-14-2013, 03:25 AM
Thank you all so much for your wonderfully kind comments, I really enjoy doing these and MSIE and all the others in MOARA deserve their place there. Remember anyone can do someone a gallery because MOARA is everyones. Thanks again:)

RobertSWade
01-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Katie, how does it not surprise me that you have adopted this forum and supplied it with the nurturing it deserves? Thank you, Dear Lady. We are all a little richer by way of your efforts.

I hope that it has not been lost that anyone can honour anyone else here by way of creating a "room" for them. The walls and floors and ceilings of MOARA are immune to the usual constraints of time and space. Like the Universe, it expands in four dimensions.

Saphire
01-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Congratulations MSIE Katie has done a wonderful setting for all you artwork they look fantastic.

Thank you Katie for your hard work in keeping the MOARA thread alive.:D

pai
03-01-2013, 08:47 PM
hello coops (i still get used to call you that name, katie :) )

this thread is so awesome from what you did and it's the best place i can browse through lots of beautiful paintings from the past in very creative ways you presented here. love it. :D

byroncallas
07-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Six months is too many months for the MOARA to linger in the background. So here's a bump to a great thread.

eighty+
07-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Hi. Byron. Thanks Madam. Katie of the Moara. Is a shy girl. , so it's good that you show the

Moara. Museam. In all it's glory. As a tribute to Doc Lima the founder and to Madam Katie who

Took over on the Doc's. Retirement. Once again. Thank You. E+

coops
07-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Thanks everyone, must get another one done:)

eighty+
07-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Hey Hey Hey Madam Katie We can't let you get away as easy at that let put up the top where you belong ok ;):D:D:D sunny SLAINTE

byroncallas
07-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Yes, more more more. :)

D Akey
07-11-2013, 12:24 PM
moara moara moara. . .

byroncallas
07-11-2013, 03:57 PM
moara moara moara. . .

Truer words have never been spoken. :D

eighty+
07-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Good. Morning. Madam. Katie. Of the Moara. Sunny. Looking good. A slieght haze. Ok

Have a nice. Week-end Chio. SLIANTE. :D:D:D

coops
07-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Well Geoff I dont know what grass seed you use on your lawn but they really produce some fine species. Dont forget to pick them before you cut the grass. Hope you enjoy this bit of fun and that it brings a smile to you and your wife's faces. Wishing both of you all the very best and all the of luck in the world

(See Eighty you pushed me into it lol):)

eighty+
07-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Yes madam Katie of the Moara but that is only the back garden of Geoff garden :D:D:D

limey-g
07-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Thank you Katie and eighty it is a lovely thought.
Life has been quite stressfull since Robbie's cancer diagnosis , it was the first day of chemo today which turned into a very long day.
Having spent the last four days at the hospital we are looking forward to a break until the routine starts again in two weeks time.
Thank you friends on Artrage
Geoff

eighty+
07-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Hey Hey Hey Geoff just as well you cut the grass :D at least Madam Katie didn't get her feet wet when she danced the light fandango on your

Lawn :D :D :D, Madam Katie the Sun is still Shineing :eek: :cool: :D:D

D Akey
07-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Good to see you were cheered up, Limey-g. Looks like the wind blew in some rare seeds, including some Beans. May be a stalk growing shortly and you can climb up and bring back some magical items.

Well done indeed, Ms Coops! Your visual illusion prowess is getting keener all the time. Going to have to call you a surrealist pretty soon at this rate. Well timed and a grand tribute to a deserving friend and artist. Look at all the cool art our Geoff has painted, eh?

Bravo to you both!

limey-g
07-19-2013, 12:07 AM
Thanks everyone and yes Katie's work really gave me a lift in spirits, I always find a few minutes during the day to come onto the forum to give myself a break from chores and the reality of everyday life.
Taking over most of the chores now does not leave me too much spare time in the day but hopefully as I get more adept at things and a better routine I will find a little time to pick up my tablet and pen once more as it is something I miss at the moment.
Best wishes to you all
Geoff

Caesar
07-19-2013, 12:47 AM
I think the artistic production of Geoff did deserve very much this tribute in the MOARA and by the marvellous creativity of Katie who always magically builds fitting, astounding locations.
There's obviously a not negligible part of Geoff's production which could hardly be presented on the main gallery, unless very far away in the countryside, I mean his wonderful nudes we may only admire here on his naked woo sheep painting on the left Neil would surely appreciate ... LOL:o;)

Saphire
07-19-2013, 07:11 AM
Love the lawns and the artistic setting Katie, I wish my grass looked that good. Geoffs paintings are a lovely tribute in the MOARA, well done to you both. ;)

limey-g
07-19-2013, 07:35 AM
Thanks everyone , many of you already know that my wife is going through a tough time at the moment having been diagnosed with colon cancer.
This is something that was a shock to the both of us and certainly something that we were not expecting.
We have always tried to live a healthy lifestyle, never smoked and only the occasional glass of wine and what makes it more difficult to understand is there is no cancer at all in Robbie's family.

So much of our time now is spent at the new cancer hospital that we have and she had her first chemo session last Tuesday.
A diagnoses like this sure turns your life upside down and for sure it becomes a family illness not just for the person suffering with the disease.
I hope you do not mind me sharing this with you all as I have come to know so many great friends here on the forum.
Regards Geoff

dpallee
07-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Very creative. I love it!

D Akey
07-19-2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks everyone , many of you already know that my wife is going through a tough time at the moment having been diagnosed with colon cancer. . .
I hope you do not mind me sharing this with you all as I have come to know so many great friends here on the forum.
Regards Geoff

Heck, I insist you do share it. Medicine's a wonder these days. Hang in there.

Not saying what you and Robbie should or shouldn't do, but when I got diagnosed with MS, my son said, "That's bad isn't it?" And I found myself trying to figure what to say, knowing it would be the impression he would carry through life with him about such things. So I said, "I don't know. We'll see." I actually listened to what I said to him. And I've adopted a position of actually watching what is happening rather than making it worse in my head. It's honest and it's easier, not to mention healthier, I'm finding. There's still stuff, but not nearly as bad as I might have imagined.

May your guys' situation be gentle and nothing more than that. Speedy recovery. I should think that having been health conscious will really pay off for beating this thing.

RobertSWade
07-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Very possibly the most imaginative work you've done here. Out in the back yard of the MOARA building?

justjean
07-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Geoff,, how lovely to see your paintings all together , I'm sorry to hear of your wife's illness and hoping the best for she and you.

coops
07-19-2013, 11:44 PM
It was such a pleasure to do this one Geoff, hope all is going well for you both. Thinking of you and sending lots of good thoughts:)

pai
07-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Like this Moara of all great paintings of Geoff. Feel with sunshine there. And, my thoughts are with you, Geoff, hope your wife gets recovery soon with all the right treatments for her.

Alexandra
07-21-2013, 10:36 PM
Beautifully done Katie, and a great tribute to such a fine artist and forum friend.
Geoff, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

AT-TA
07-22-2013, 05:50 AM
Beautiful Geoff's paintings and good coop's idea. I like those picture strawn all over the loan, looks so natural and bio...:-)

Geoff,do not despaire about your wife's diagnosis. I know two people, who got the same diagnosis, last one my best friend and they beat the beast and are now continuing to live their happy lives.. just changing their diets a little. But it is very stressful to go through this and i pray that you will have enough faith in a good result. Will be thinking of you both.

limey-g
07-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words and your words of encouragement of experiences of people you know.
We are certainly trying to keep a positive frame of mind as we come to grips with this condition.
Regards Geoff

pat1940
07-23-2013, 06:52 AM
Lovely tribute to a great artist, so well deserved

eighty+
07-25-2013, 09:13 PM
Morning Madam Katie of the Moara weather cooler and cloudy still suffering hay fever if it doesn't clear by the week-end looks like down to see the Doc :D:D

Are you flying the flag for St George :cool::cool:

byroncallas
07-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Another winner Katie.
And Geoff, great to see your wonderful paintings through the eyes of Katie's wonderful tribute.
And sending best thoughts for both you and your wife as you face these health challenges.

eighty+
08-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Good evening Madam Katie of the Moara Sunny at the south Gate Whats it like at the North east Gate Raining Floods ??

arh its good for your flower's save you dashing around with the water can :D:D:D SLAINTE

eighty+
03-14-2014, 02:22 AM
Ok. Thought. It's time tosee. Moara. ;). :D:D:D. Kia. Ora

coops
03-14-2014, 03:21 AM
Thanks dear Eighty, must get my thinking cap on:)

pat1940
03-14-2014, 03:38 AM
A fine tribute to our friend Geoff, dear Katie, I love to view his wonderful works, I hope this cheers
Robbie and Geoff up a little, I know we are all thinking of him and his family and send our best and prayers for them

eighty+
03-14-2014, 05:13 AM
Yes. Madam Katie. Of the Moara. I did think U where. So Busy weeding. U had forgot your dooties

As chief. B/W. and there's been such a good intake recently thought its time to show the. Flag.

Ok. I wish well. As its a hard choise. U have to make. I will watch with awe. And trepertasion. ? ;):D:D

:D :D :D. KIA. ORA. SLAINTE. STATTE. BBUONE...SI....SI

D Akey
03-14-2014, 08:23 PM
Yeah, for some out here among my people, weeding is legal for glaucoma and such with a prescription. Myself I haven't weeded since high school but it worked since there's no trace of glaucoma.

So if it's for your health, Ms Coops, go for it. Just watch out for the bobbies, though I've heard tell more than a few of them are into weeding. . . in their own yards if you can imagine. Weeding. . . bah! Brassy lot.

eighty+
03-15-2014, 06:32 AM
Hi Cap'n Mac yeah just spent at least 2 hours, looking at Moara from the beginning! made the head Rock and Roll, but I must admit I would never had thought you where

A Poet just goes to show U can never tell, can U Jimmey! what going on behind That Aggiss Bashing Boonze ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA

coops
03-15-2014, 09:14 AM
Wandered around MOARA and came across this little room of SILVERO'S paintings. Whilst your looking just keep the noise down as you might frighten the cats hehehehe.
Welcome to MOARA SilverO, hope you like your gallery:)

screenpainter
03-15-2014, 09:33 AM
very nice tribute to a splendid artist Silver O. excellent to see the Museum pop up again. great job Katie showcasing another amazing artist.

SilverO
03-15-2014, 10:09 AM
omg Coops Thank yuu:o:o:o:o:o:o:o That's so sweet.

I LOVE IT

THANKIES:eek:

Saphire
03-15-2014, 10:32 AM
A wonderful tribute of SilverO's Gallery Katie, its lovely to go through the thread again and be reminded of all the brilliant Artists that are contributing to the forum.

D Akey
03-17-2014, 07:54 PM
Holy mackerel SilverOMG!!! I guess this is not unlike Harry Potter where the gallery (wand) picks you! Here you are with your own!

What a pleasant surprise to see our SilverO getting her own room at the MOARA Museum! Great collection of portraits! Love them. . . even if I don't watch that much TV to know all the actors. But they're cracking good paintings that make me feel like I'm going down the hall at a movie studio. Best tuck in your wings though with all the foot traffic and narrow corridors. Brava!

Oh, and Ms Coops, this is brilliant. Well done you as well!!!!!!!!!

WOOOHOOOOOOO to you both!!!!!!!!

Caesar
03-17-2014, 10:14 PM
Congrats to SilverO, one of the youngest masters to exhibit in this fantastic Moara and a big thank to Katie who so artistically go on arranging rooms and paintings for each of the masterful and unique contributor to this Forum along the years after Dr. Lima ignited this amazing initiative. I must say that Mrs. Katie-Coops made an art of its own of how to best display ArtRage mates and exhibit their artpieces into the most appropriate space!

eighty+
03-18-2014, 12:51 AM
Hael O Caesar O Mighty One. I must Say for a man of a few Words you've hit the nail on the Head

Congrats O. Mighty. One. :). :). :). STATTE. BBUONE. ......Si....................Si

coops
03-18-2014, 01:17 AM
Thanks for all your lovely comments, it always a pleasure to do a galley and if anyone has an Artrager in mind please feel free to give it a go. This is everyone place. Thanks again and another gallery coming soon lol:)

gxhpainter2
03-18-2014, 05:11 AM
This has to be one of the best threads on any art forum, and Katie has done all of us a wonderful service in keeping it alive and well, and presenting new forum mates with lots of talent :):)

coops
03-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Hope you like this little place Steve and welcome to MOARA, your portraits are so beautiful.:):):)

eighty+
03-18-2014, 08:45 AM
A good Choice Madam Katie Of The Moara next Andy yeah !! ;) :D :D KIA ORA

AndreaMG
03-18-2014, 08:54 AM
A good Choice Madam Katie Of The Moara next Andy yeah !! ;) :D :D KIA ORA
Ah ah, thanks for the nomination Dear E+ X)

stevemawmv
03-18-2014, 03:51 PM
I'am blown away....this is such a great surprise! I Was just browsing around, when I came across the thread...started looking at all the great galleries and all the wonderful replies. When I Went to scroll down to reply to you on this great thread...came across SilverO's..(looks great, by the way!) when something familiar caught my eye...Me and my pic's!
Thank you so much Katie,
I'am in good company!
Steve

pai
03-18-2014, 04:51 PM
Another great gallery for an amazing great artist. I like the way you did it, Katie. You're the greatest gallery artist :)

coops
03-18-2014, 09:37 PM
Glad you like it Steve, well deserved:):):)

Caesar
03-19-2014, 03:32 AM
Dear Steve, You finally got what You deserved and I see your precious artpieces were placed in a bank caveau and are kept under strict control with plenty of TV screens!:eek::cool::o;)LOL Your room must have costed a fortune to Katie with all that security equipment!

D Akey
03-19-2014, 08:00 AM
Nice gallery Steve! They really reduce into little gems, don't they. And all together it's pretty darn impressive. . . Good stuff indeed and getting better all the time.

Well done Ms Coops! You keep the Art Spirit charged up among our friends here. Good on ye lass. . .

copespeak
03-19-2014, 09:26 AM
That's brilliant Katie! I don't know how I've missed this thread, what a great idea!

coops
03-20-2014, 02:52 AM
Thanks everyone and he really deserves it:)

stevemawmv
03-20-2014, 04:43 AM
Just want to say 'Thanks to Eighty, Pai, Caesar and D Akey for their replies.
And another big 'Thanks to Katie' for keeping this thread alive and Eighty for
the occasional bump!
Take care all,
Steve

pat1940
03-20-2014, 06:25 PM
So glad to see Steve's art in Katie's gallery, we'll deserved, great work Steve and as always our dear Katie does a wonderful job at displaying our pieces, thanks Katie

eighty+
03-20-2014, 10:10 PM
Good morning. Madam. Katie. Of the Moara Yes hope you've got your woolies back on. As its.

Much. Colder down here at the South East Gate. Pertete you have sunshine at the North-east Gate or

snow. Even. Like Jean up in cunakieland Been told by the highest in the land ( me:D). That it's close

To the pole's swapping end's so fasten your. Seat belts as sometimes yuh Win sometimes yuh lose.

;). :D :D :D :D :D :D. Kia Ora. Slainte

coops
03-29-2014, 01:58 AM
I am afraid I have indulged myself with Robyn's gallery and selected some of my favourite paintings, Such a talented artist:):):)

Caesar
03-29-2014, 03:04 AM
A more than well deserved tribute to an extraordinary artist honorating this Forum. Well done, dear Katie!

justjean
03-29-2014, 06:45 AM
What a treasure trove here, thanks so much Katie for all your efforts on our behalf.

silverO, Steve and Robyn, it was a great treat to wander through your lovely galleries :):):):)

pat1940
03-29-2014, 07:58 AM
Katie, so well put together, love Robyn's work, thanks again for displaying a wonderful artist

copespeak
03-29-2014, 09:40 AM
Katie, I am just blown away by your kindness, thank you so much! This will go into my archives, and my desktop to enjoy! You're a treasure yourself. xxx

And to Caesar and Pat, thank you.

I can't wait for my man to wake up so I can show him! :) :) :)

stevemawmv
03-29-2014, 10:19 AM
Another great gallery Katie, Nicely done!
Thanks Pat and Jean for the mentions...
Take care friends,
Steve

SilverO
03-29-2014, 10:43 AM
What a nice collection of paintings you have Steve!
Awesome gallery Copespeak. I even spot some paintings I haven't seen:p

silvy
03-29-2014, 10:57 AM
Really wonderful new galleries dear Katie:)

D Akey
03-30-2014, 09:16 AM
Wow! I could spend a long while in here! I wonder if pets are allowed. . . I mean beside working dogs? Seems like they ought to be let in since they're in part so very responsible for these works. Oh, and let's let in the nude models also. The motorcycle gang are a little iffy. . . I recommend no wine for this particular opening.

What a wonderful assembly of pictures. If these are your favorites, Ms Coops, I have to admire your taste. These are fantastic. A splendid gallery Copespeak! You should be right chuffed. It's been a wonderful journey watching you trying out this style and that and all the while making each look great!!!!!

BRAVA!!! And thanks for delighting us with your wonderful work.

Thanks again and again and again Ms Coops for continuing to remind us that we have some really great art spirits here. What a delight wandering around and dipping into each and every room.

copespeak
03-30-2014, 12:19 PM
Thank you Mr Akey, and to Ms Coops again! :) :)

Alexandra
03-30-2014, 12:40 PM
Fantastic, Katie, and to someone so deserving. She is such a fantastic artist.:):):):):)

coops
04-01-2014, 12:40 AM
Thanks for your kind comments and I have to say this was so enjoyable to do:)

pai
04-01-2014, 09:56 AM
This is another awesome creative gallery of an awesome artist, Robyn. So many great drawings and paintings. You did it so amazingly. Love the way you put the little kitten and little puppy (also painting from Robyn) on the couch on each side. So clever and thoughtful :):)

coops
04-24-2014, 03:54 AM

Hope you enjoy this little gallery, your work is beautiful.:)

AndreaMG
04-24-2014, 07:57 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH Dear Katie, I love it! The "far west" font you used, the red wall, the woman contemplating, fantastic! Thank you again, I will upload it at the very beginning of my thread and I will treasure it!! :o Cheers :cool:

gxhpainter2
04-24-2014, 08:37 AM
Congratulations to AndreaMG for a well deserved gallery, Katie does such a remarkable job with this...:cool::cool:

stevemawmv
04-24-2014, 08:56 AM
Katie..thank you for continuing this thread and Lima for starting it, it's very unique and inspiring!
Andrea...Well deserved my friend, I went back and viewed them all again!
Take care the both of you,
Steve

eighty+
04-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Hi. Not much I can say. ;) Except. Forza. Toro. :D:D:D. STATTE BBUONO .....Si.........................Si

byroncallas
04-24-2014, 02:09 PM
Wonderful Katie. The recent tributes to Andrea, Robyn, Steve, and SilverO are all marvelous. Their work is terrific. You showcase each of them so beautifully.

D Akey
04-24-2014, 10:15 PM
Really cool tribute, Ms Coops, and to a most deserving artist! I love it. Makes me want to walk into the pic for a closer look.

AndreaMG
04-25-2014, 07:36 AM
Thank you all so much dear friends :o

coops
04-25-2014, 11:50 PM
It was a pleasure Andrea and well deserved. Thank you so much for putting at the start of your thread too:):):)

Caesar
04-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Fantastic and well deserved tribute! I expected also a penguin sitting aside and staring at the paintings in admiration of the chicks ... LOL:o

AndreaMG
04-29-2014, 12:45 AM
Thank you Dear Caesar, but I'm afraid penguins only stare at delicious fish ;)

copespeak
04-29-2014, 01:10 AM
It's wonderful to see all your work together Andrea, and so well deserved! Katie, you do a terrific job, it gives us such a buzz to see the time you take to make each gallery unique. xx

AndreaMG
04-29-2014, 01:51 AM
Thank you Dear Robyn, hope you're better.

Shezza
04-29-2014, 05:11 AM
I've never seen anything quite like this before and I thought I'd seen it all..only joking! lol

I too would love to step inside the gallery and while away a couple of hours looking at these lovely paintings. Just fabulous work.

vandra
04-29-2014, 12:15 PM
What a great idea for a tribute to great works of art!

pat1940
04-29-2014, 03:55 PM
A well deserved tribute to Andrea, love his work, thanks again dear Katie

Caesar
04-29-2014, 10:42 PM
It depends on the season, dear Andrea! ;):o

silvy
04-30-2014, 05:55 AM
Great tribute to Andrea, wonderful work dear Katie:)

AndreaMG
05-02-2014, 12:53 AM
Thank you guys, thank you Dear Katie :o

D Akey
03-31-2015, 06:21 AM
Well since this is an anniversary of sorts for me, where I finally hit 20,000 posts, something it took me since 2006 to accomplish, I could think of no more appropriate thread to plant this personal mile marker. it's rather mind blowing to know that nine years have passed since I started doing this. And I can't help but look back and think of all of the wonderful people expressing their creativity in this extraordinary shared space. My mind is still blown by the levels of personal contact that the global platform has provided.

One of the changes for me was that I started out typing by hand, but of late I have switched over to a dictation program that does the typing for me. Sometimes it works well sometimes it gets confused. But it's just another example of how technology has changed how we do things.

I was a traditional artist for many years, but I must say that since the digital revolution, my methods for creating marks, with the vast control and flexibility of provides, it's completely changed how I approach a painting anymore. The other thing that I've noticed, is how much of a leg up programs like ArtRage have given the beginning artist. It's been win-win up and down the line.

I realize that this particular thread, created by Oriane Lima with the participation of many good people was a place to acknowledge our comrades, and for me to come in here and post this misses the spirit of the MOARA Gallery. And for that I apologize. But it's the closest thread to something covering the activities in the forums of the last nine years, I just wanted to acknowledge everyone else's time and how much I appreciate all of your work. It surpasses the limitations of words. So I hope you forgive this one vanity of posting here in this instance.

Ms Coops, we don't see around here nearly enough, had spent years creating tribute pages, new rooms added to the ever-expanding Galleries, has been one of the standout proponents of this gallery, which was originally designed with an open invitation to make tributes by showing a collection of specific artists' work that they have posted here in these forms. And she was a workhorse at it. But the invitation has been open for anyone who wants to create a tribute page for anyone to invent a space and fill it with those people's work. I think anyone who's had a page created for them got the sentiment and encouragement from such a pat on the back. I'd like to acknowledge her work in doing so, and I hope that she comes back sometime soon.

Anyway it's been fun, and it has helped my typing skills beyond measure. but as I said here dictating it verbally, the keyboard falls away more, and it becomes more about what is being said. And I think that parallels what happens with artists with all the new technology that has come into play. It's so much more, for my money, about what's being said, because the technology is allowing for the techniques to sort of take care of themselves.

So paint on! Tell it like it is! Or like how you wanted to be!!! Onward and upward… And thanks a million for the years of Raging Artists and their individual joys shared!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

gxhpainter2
03-31-2015, 08:22 AM
WOW 20,000 posts, thank you Mr D Akey you have been one of the few consistant voices over the years and provided much entertainment, sage advice and encouragement to all us budding digital artists, I am sure we all give you a BIG THANK YOU for all your help!...:):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool::cool:

RobertSWade
03-31-2015, 03:38 PM
D Akey. it's good to see that you are still the backbone of the AR Forums. Your consistently honest and often humorous comments have been a boon to more artists than I'm sure you can remember or know. You very well should be proud of that and I hope you that are, although your modesty normally tends to preclude that. You're a good man, my friend, and a good friend to this community. Thank you.

eighty+
03-31-2015, 03:42 PM
Hoots mon our favourite scribe hath Spacken and I'll be in Scotland before yea

Gongrats Cap'n. Mac. From the Clan. D Akey

Caesar
04-01-2015, 12:38 AM
Well this is an absolutely great event, especially in Your case, with each of Your word and sentence valuable like gold for beginners, professionals and for having any kind of interesting cultural debate or just the most humorous and sophisticated kind of fun and laugh. My most heartfelt thanks, Mr. SuperMaster! You would be able to blow out even 20.000 candles with the erudite speeches and lectures breathed out of Your golden mouth! ;):oLOL
Hippiieee!!! God bless You, dear friend!

Lima
04-01-2015, 08:07 AM
Hi Akey, how are you Sir? Thanks for the generous words and congratulations for your mark.. Certainly it is a great intellectual and artistic achievement. Thats why you are a very importat and dear person for all.

Hi gxhpainter how are you Sir? And Katie you’re wonderful!!! And hi everyone!

I miss the forums… the reason for my absence is that I’m experiencing a gradual and severe loss of my vision, specially from my left eye. I can not tolerate the constant luminosity of the screen through the glass lenses , even for very short periods of time (but I still can slowly paint under natural light)

On my part, I’ll leave quiet that thread on Gzair. This is my tribute to Albert here in MOARA:

Gzairborn (screenpainter) an extraordinary “non-representational-abstract” painter. His abstract paintings, full of melodic colors, particularly the very soft (suaves) shades of blues (quite constant in all of his work), are like sound for the eyes, “kind of jazzy-blue art”, “singing” colors with incredible improvisation lines, full of melody, harmony and rhythmic changes, or, should I say?… shape, value, line, color, contrast, texture, etc…

As gxhpainter pointed out, with his deep knowledge of abstract art: the most sophisticated and wonderful color sense I have seen in any one person... (perfect… perfect analysis of one of the characteristics of Gzair’s impregnated color work).

Abstract art can actually be more challenging than traditional or classical painting. This is because abstract art defies rules and conventions. It's up to the artist to break rules, be expressive, and decide what is art. Gzair was very successful in doing that.

D Akey
04-01-2015, 09:57 AM
WOW 20,000 posts, thank you Mr D Akey you have been one of the few consistant voices over the years and provided much entertainment, sage advice and encouragement to all us budding digital artists, I am sure we all give you a BIG THANK YOU for all your help!...:):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool::cool:

As you probably know I already responded in the general chat thread, and I very much appreciate your taking the trouble to make sure that I got a chance to see your well wishes. It's been a very meaningful time for me, and I'm just grateful to all the people who've come around that I was able to inflict myself upon. I guess when you been doing this for a while, the faces change, the styles change, the dynamics change, and that keeps it interesting to be sure. And the other thing that happens is you that you never know just how people are going to take what you say, and I've had most of the responses that you might expect, both off-putting and inviting. I been working very hard to try to minimize the former from my end, but you know how goes. And comments like this make me feel that a few of the comments reach the recipient with the intended spin. But what did blow my mind, was just how sensitive and seriously people can take comments. But I was never one to just say, "awesome!" And be done with it. Welcome to the world. what a long strange trip it's been, eh?

I look forward to you running at making a go at Art in the world. And with all my heart, I wish you the very best.

D Akey
04-01-2015, 10:05 AM
D Akey. it's good to see that you are still the backbone of the AR Forums. Your consistently honest and often humorous comments have been a boon to more artists than I'm sure you can remember or know. You very well should be proud of that and I hope you that are, although your modesty normally tends to preclude that. You're a good man, my friend, and a good friend to this community. Thank you.

Holy mackerel! Robert S Wade! as I live and breathe! How the heck you doing, my man? you still got an amazing, graceful way with words I daresay. So where the heck you been? Have you been doing art? I really thought you were going to give it a go and I hope you have regardless of where you are doing it. That time in the early days of the forms when you were such a big presence was an amazing period. It was so dynamic.… And you are getting so darn good. I hope you stuck with it. And I hope you learned a little moderation with your cayenne pepper!!! I remember when you put one recipe up online here and the amount of cayenne pepper you suggested was enough to remove paint from furniture. Phew!

Well I hope we see you around a lot more, even if it's just to say howdy. Hope you've kept up with playing the drums as well. I've been spending some time with a guitar and loving every second of it, even though I don't subject other people to my playing. Still it's a gas! Be well my friend. And thanks for the kind words!

D Akey
04-01-2015, 10:14 AM
Hoots mon our favourite scribe hath Spacken and I'll be in Scotland before yea

Gongrats Cap'n. Mac. From the Clan. D Akey

Ach! Laddie! So kind of ye to pop in with a few Scotch words Mr. Ploos! and I bet you be in Scotland afore me – I just bet, where I just have an office chair on casters, while you got yerself a whole flippin' bus. Even doon a hill I can only manage about 5 miles per hour. . . and note, that's downhill. No contest who'll be in the highlands afore whom, you packing all them horses under yer hood and all. . .

But when ye get there, keep the beer cold and the haggis warm. Thanks for the well wishes, laddie. You're a right clansman with the goods. And just keep painting away into the next century. Your work has gotten really good. Time well spent. Hoot! Hoot! y iVaya con PloosBoos! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

D Akey
04-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Well this is an absolutely great event, especially in Your case, with each of Your word and sentence valuable like gold for beginners, professionals and for having any kind of interesting cultural debate or just the most humorous and sophisticated kind of fun and laugh. My most heartfelt thanks, Mr. SuperMaster! You would be able to blow out even 20.000 candles with the erudite speeches and lectures breathed out of Your golden mouth! ;):oLOL
Hippiieee!!! God bless You, dear friend!

Hahahahahaha! ROFLMFAO. . . Yeah, but I'm afraid with all of this hot air that I keep spewing, that rather than blowing the candles out, I'll make a bonfire. Either way, the wax in those candles will vaporize!

While you are the one who made it to 20,000 posts first and my hat is off to you for that – – sort of like the pot calling the kettle black as to the amount of hot air one has expended. Between us both, the hallowed halls of the art rage forums are like a blast furnace where it becomes more about metallurgy than aesthetics.

You've pretty much been here for the full nine years that I have, and I've been watching the devotion you've been giving to art all his time. I remember that you started out trying to emulate the old Masters, painting scenes of Jesus on the cross and what have you, which was just fine, but it was doing things in the manner of other artists. Since then you've come a long way and you put your own voice into all of the things that you do, and it makes for some of the most entertaining artwork we've seen around here, consistently bringing a friendly quality, and a conversational quality and the light heart to the art process. It's a very welcome quality without a doubt, and one that breaks down all the barriers between people because it's so open and honest and lighthearted.

Anyway I cannot take any congratulations for putting energy into the forms anymore than you have, so my congratulations go to you and my thanks as well. You're a wonderful presence and I seek out your work whenever I come to visit, because I know the posts will be brimming with your personality and a good chuckle, and something interesting on whichever level you address at that moment.

I'll see you in the trenches, as they say. stay well my friend.

D Akey
04-01-2015, 10:34 AM
I miss the forums… the reason for my absence is that I’m experiencing a gradual and severe loss of my vision, specially from my left eye. I can not tolerate the constant luminosity of the screen through the glass lenses , even for very short periods of time (but I still can slowly paint under natural light)

Oh dear. I'm so sorry to hear about your vision. I don't want to sound cavalier about it, since it is a very big deal, especially for an artist to be losing their ability to see clearly. But having known you as long as I have, and seen your vast range of interests and skill in every one of those areas of interest, from painting to poetry to dabbling with technological gadgetry to having been a career heart surgeon, I know that wherever your vast flowing of energy goes it will bring you great satisfaction because I have no doubt that you will bring who you are to it -- because you are the art form and the outer forms are merely incidental to your expression.

It's unfortunate for us who aren't able to have you participate with us because this is a specific kind of forum. But even if you're doing other things, I hope you will stay in touch and let us know what you're up to. I'm sure it will be an artform of one kind or another, and that something were all interested in is in it?

Be well Dr. Lima. Pour in a glass for me and open a book on poetry from one of your favorite poets and let's share the canvas within the mind. Cheers!

copespeak
04-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Congratulations Mr Akey. You have been an exceptional contributor over your 20,000 posts ... always kind and encouraging.

May you have many more to come! xxx

Caesar
04-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Hahahahahaha! ROFLMFAO. . . Yeah, but I'm afraid with all of this hot air that I keep spewing, that rather than blowing the candles out, I'll make a bonfire. Either way, the wax in those candles will vaporize!

While you are the one who made it to 20,000 posts first and my hat is off to you for that – – sort of like the pot calling the kettle black as to the amount of hot air one has expended. Between us both, the hallowed halls of the art rage forums are like a blast furnace where it becomes more about metallurgy than aesthetics.

You've pretty much been here for the full nine years that I have, and I've been watching the devotion you've been giving to art all his time. I remember that you started out trying to emulate the old Masters, painting scenes of Jesus on the cross and what have you, which was just fine, but it was doing things in the manner of other artists. Since then you've come a long way and you put your own voice into all of the things that you do, and it makes for some of the most entertaining artwork we've seen around here, consistently bringing a friendly quality, and a conversational quality and the light heart to the art process. It's a very welcome quality without a doubt, and one that breaks down all the barriers between people because it's so open and honest and lighthearted.

Anyway I cannot take any congratulations for putting energy into the forms anymore than you have, so my congratulations go to you and my thanks as well. You're a wonderful presence and I seek out your work whenever I come to visit, because I know the posts will be brimming with your personality and a good chuckle, and something interesting on whichever level you address at that moment.

I'll see you in the trenches, as they say. stay well my friend.

Hahaha;):oLOL thank You my friend and veteran mate! I must honestly admit it: You always blessed this Forum with You expertise, knowledge and genius, as anyone recognizes it, I sort of infested, overrun, haunted it in many cases, often happily breaching some rules and conventions for sheer fun and feeling sharing with so many many people from so many places in so many years .... sheeesshhh, just to discover that everybody eventually like to enjoy and share the kiddish, joyful, amusing, curious mood of child, not a wise, polite one though, often a disrupting or even naughty one, but always a friendly kind of sprite to anyone I hope. In doing so I felt I met at a deeper level of knowledge and empathy all kind of wondrous people among mates and earning the friendship of a lot of ladies and gentlemen I admired and admire and I grew affectionate to. Well, the art muses may probably forgive me for my repeated desecretion of fine arts, as You all likely did ...;):D LONG LIVE D AKEYYYYY!!!

Caesar
04-01-2015, 10:59 PM

Dearest Oriane, what I read about Your vision is so aching for me and such a grotesque fate irony! You are such a great, real artist I always admired in awe on this forum, such an unattainable painter whatever you did and such a kind, warm, great friend I am honoured to have, that I find almost unacceptable what happened to You, although You showed that Your wisdom may cope with the limitations You are suffering now. I wish You all the best even against any hope. Should any progress and technology solve your problem, there's hardly anyone who deserves more than You to benefit from it! Take care buddy! :(

D Akey
04-02-2015, 05:20 AM
Congratulations Mr Akey. You have been an exceptional contributor over your 20,000 posts ... always kind and encouraging.

May you have many more to come! xxx

AAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COPESPEAK!!!!!!! So great seeing you back! Kill the fatted calf. . . or milk her, at the very least!!!!!!! (I hear you have an 'in' with the milk crowd so that could work). . .

How the deuce you doing?

Thanks so much for your note. Things just aren't the same without you. Hope the animals are doing well, and that your health issues are sorting themselves and that you're painting up a stork. . . or storm or something creative. Mr Ploos was just now asking after you. Called you "The Aussie Bird Robin", 'e done.

Be well, and stop round again sooner than later.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

copespeak
04-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Hi back, and thanks for the welcome!

Health is crap, and I'm a bit disabled, but working through it for the much needed diagnosis.

I've been working on paper and canvas, and have had a lot of commissions to do (see below). I miss Art Rage, but it's nice to get my hands dirty for a change.

I'll be back!

eighty+
04-02-2015, 10:54 AM
Hi Robbie Great to see you hope your feelng better ok HOO ROO IVAYA CON DIOS

copespeak
04-02-2015, 11:29 AM
Thanks Eighty! Glad you're OK. I've missed you. :)

RobertSWade
04-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Holy mackerel! Robert S Wade! as I live and breathe! How the heck you doing, my man? you still got an amazing, graceful way with words I daresay. So where the heck you been? Have you been doing art? I really thought you were going to give it a go and I hope you have regardless of where you are doing it. That time in the early days of the forms when you were such a big presence was an amazing period. It was so dynamic.… And you are getting so darn good. I hope you stuck with it. And I hope you learned a little moderation with your cayenne pepper!!! I remember when you put one recipe up online here and the amount of cayenne pepper you suggested was enough to remove paint from furniture. Phew!

Well I hope we see you around a lot more, even if it's just to say howdy. Hope you've kept up with playing the drums as well. I've been spending some time with a guitar and loving every second of it, even though I don't subject other people to my playing. Still it's a gas! Be well my friend. And thanks for the kind words!

I'm out in the aether, DA. I'm not currently active at doing art but it's never far from my mind. I'm slowly restocking my Etsy.com store with old works and, I know, I need to get back to creating new works. Something happened to me and I hit some sort of wall that I can't explain even to myself. I'm pretty sure it's something that I have to behave myself out of but, that's easier said than done.

On the rare occasions (I'm sorry) that I do check in here, I am continuously proud of the supportive and nurturing nature of this community. I would like to think that I, in some small part, had a hand in that but, I know, that I was but a small part of a greater community effort to make this place so exceptionally accepting in ways that transcended every possible level of judgmentalism.

Caesar
04-02-2015, 11:12 PM
I'm out in the aether, DA. I'm not currently active at doing art but it's never far from my mind. I'm slowly restocking my Etsy.com store with old works and, I know, I need to get back to creating new works. Something happened to me and I hit some sort of wall that I can't explain even to myself. I'm pretty sure it's something that I have to behave myself out of but, that's easier said than done.

On the rare occasions (I'm sorry) that I do check in here, I am continuously proud of the supportive and nurturing nature of this community. I would like to think that I, in some small part, had a hand in that but, I know, that I was but a small part of a greater community effort to make this place so exceptionally accepting in ways that transcended every possible level of judgmentalism.

My Goodness, mylord Bob Wade! :eek::cool: Another one of the benign spiritual entity creating the original Artrage Forum World resurfacing here and even doubting to have been a great part in shaping this Forum into an encouraging, supportive, friendly, warm and experiment devout community! Dear Bob You can be sure Your image is among the sacred icons I keep in mind and stored in the form of my few idolaters attempts to portray Your seraphic and empathetic features. Actually the only AR deity I didn't try to represent is exactly D Akey, who is probably to handsome to stand visually or too terrible (and, like Medusa, would petrify (?) who looks at him) or just like the shape-changing Proteus ...LOL;):o

Caesar
04-02-2015, 11:22 PM

Health is crap, and I'm a bit disabled, but working through it for the much needed diagnosis.

I've been working on paper and canvas, and have had a lot of commissions to do (see below). I miss Art Rage, but it's nice to get my hands dirty for a change.

I'll be back!

Dear Robyn, I'm desolate to hear of Your semi-mysterous health problem and I wish I could do something, a search for similar experiences from other or looking into medical literature. I'm not a doctor though, even if sometimes I've been even effective to frame the symptoms and their aetiology.
Your artpieces don't show any defallaince anyway, on the contrary. Your horseheads are a master course on the subject!
I heartfeltly wish You a correct diagnosis soon, a most effective treatment, a prompt recovery and all the best.

Cesare

coops
04-02-2015, 11:26 PM
Its been a while since I have done a gallery for anyone so I hope you like this addition to MOARA. Enug is such a great and constant person in the forums with so many lovely paintings.
Hope you like this one ENUG

Caesar
04-02-2015, 11:46 PM
WOW, dear Katie! You found another huge exhibition space for Enug art! Should I ever set up a gallery somewhere I'd ask for you as curator of the exhibition ...;):o
Enug is just another marvellous art flower blooming in this Forum that You picked into MOARA to anybody benefit!
Thank You to both You and Enug if we can enjoy her artpieces in here!

Enug
04-03-2015, 02:44 AM
Wow! Katie, what an honour - I am humbled and at the same time proud that you think me and my art worthy of a place in your Art Gallery. You can't imagine what a wonderful gift you have given me. Thank you so much for the tribute in adding me to such an exalted list of exhibitors.

You have given me such a beautiful room to display my art. :cool::cool:

PS - I sent you a PM but your Inbox is full. :(

D Akey
04-03-2015, 05:35 AM

I'll be back!

Ah. . . Well, you know what they say about dirty hands… Aren't they like the devils playthingies or something? So what you're saying is you've succumbed to the temptation of mineral spirits and that demon Turpentine! <Ahem Ahem> I say unto you sister, that there is hope to aspire, to return to your digital roots and ye shall be healed!!! YEW can clean the filth and grime from under your fingernails!!!! say "Hallelujah!!!" Can I get a witness?!?!?!?!

Come back! Oh, and by the way, those horse portraits are fantastic! You have not lost a bit of momentum there. And it's always a pleasure to see your work!

;););););):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):)

gxhpainter2
04-03-2015, 05:55 AM
Hey Congrats Enug, your work is always improving and subjects quite varied it is wonderful to see them in your own MOARA gallery!...:):):):)

D Akey
04-03-2015, 06:12 AM

Yeah. Sounds a little like you're normal to me. Call it depression as a catch-all. Most people have experienced it in one form or another. I know I have and constantly have to fight through it. Age and a future has something to do with it, not that younger people don't have their version of it. I think that's one of the things that inspired the "Goth" movement, and the nihilistic Dada movement in the 1920s, and the beatniks and then too those pesky self destructive things like hypochondria and anorexia and bulemia and all those other words ending in 'ia'. I'm no expert, but I suspect it's a form of violence and frustration and anger etc turned inward. One of the cool things about art is that it allows for us to move energy that's clogged and gotten us mired. Sounds to me like painting could be just the ticket, recalling as I do some of the amazing work you did -- especially the expressive stuff, and not the tight stuff.

Technical skill is always something that will get people to tell one what a good human they are, but you, especially you, don't want to loose sight of your deep, and soulful expression.

The trick is to paint for yourself first. Painting to get approval from others is not always the best goal. It's nice to get people to appreciate it, but know your audience and their possible limitations. You're not necessarily a commercial artist and thus do not have those accursed restrictions of having to please.

The pitfall there is that if people don't react how you want them to, you're screwed. And you're giving your authority over to others, when it should be yours as the auteur. Express yourself for yourself, and let the chips fall where they may, and as a reward for that leap of faith, you may find that the joy will return.

My mind was seriously blown by some of your early expressive stuff. You later were working on technique, and that's great. But somewhere the look changed to what looked like you were chasing something less poetic. I sincerely hope you get back into it and let it flow if you can rediscover that voice inside you that has always been so elevated. Sappy sounding alert so be warned: But you have always struck me as an angel who is trying to hang on to earth because you keep floating up -- sort of like a diver who has lost his weight belt.

IMHO when you paint, let the ground go and when you come back down you'll have some paintings that are yours. The ground will still be there. And if you need a cheering section, you certainly have it here. And if you need to sell your work, I don't think it will at all suffer from you finding your personal voice. Risky in a way, but what a cool challenge. Try not to be judgmental of the expression right away and enjoy the personal journey. You may find that letting yourself be the poet you are, and the great heart you are in painting and drawing will favorably impact the rest of your world because you will flow.

Absolutely this is TRUE!!!!!!! And no shit Sherlock! You were absolutely one of the ones who set the tone from the get go of the supportive community energy. And when you left, part of that left with you. Should tell you something about the creative energy that follows you in your wake. Wade back in Robert. . . I mean paint it back in, my dear fellow. . .

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

justjean
04-03-2015, 06:26 AM
June, great to see your wonderful gallery filled with your lovely paintings

D Akey
04-03-2015, 06:29 AM
Its been a while since I have done a gallery for anyone so I hope you like this addition to MOARA. Enug is such a great and constant person in the forums with so many lovely paintings.

ENUG!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!! and a hearty HOO ROOO to yoo TOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic work! I love this room, and I had forgotten how much work you've done in that last while. Lots of beautiful pics. After visiting here, it's tough to remind myself that you're a relative beginner, at least measuring by time. These look really great -- and Congrats!!!!! Time to start the paintings to go into the next room, which I look forward to. Smashing stuff. . .

--------------

Ms Coops, you've done it again! I don't know whether to call you and artist, a curator, or a tributary! (come on now, no need to be Humber. . .er, humble. . .) Thanks so much for the constant injection to the community side of what we create here. MOARA! -- I mean MORE! -- well, I actually mean both. . .

byroncallas
04-03-2015, 08:34 AM
Wow D Akey. It's been ages since I've been able to get in here to post. But when I saw this come through my email notices I had to stop what I was doing to say congratulations. More important is to say thank you for your enormous contributions in support of all the artists here. You are an extraordinary guy. All best thoughts.

Well since this is an anniversary of sorts for me, where I finally hit 20,000 posts, something it took me since 2006 to accomplish, I could think of no more appropriate thread to plant this personal mile marker. it's rather mind blowing to know that nine years have passed since I started doing this. And I can't help but look back and think of all of the wonderful people expressing their creativity in this extraordinary shared space. My mind is still blown by the levels of personal contact that the global platform has provided.

One of the changes for me was that I started out typing by hand, but of late I have switched over to a dictation program that does the typing for me. Sometimes it works well sometimes it gets confused. But it's just another example of how technology has changed how we do things.

I was a traditional artist for many years, but I must say that since the digital revolution, my methods for creating marks, with the vast control and flexibility of provides, it's completely changed how I approach a painting anymore. The other thing that I've noticed, is how much of a leg up programs like ArtRage have given the beginning artist. It's been win-win up and down the line.

I realize that this particular thread, created by Oriane Lima with the participation of many good people was a place to acknowledge our comrades, and for me to come in here and post this misses the spirit of the MOARA Gallery. And for that I apologize. But it's the closest thread to something covering the activities in the forums of the last nine years, I just wanted to acknowledge everyone else's time and how much I appreciate all of your work. It surpasses the limitations of words. So I hope you forgive this one vanity of posting here in this instance.

Ms Coops, we don't see around here nearly enough, had spent years creating tribute pages, new rooms added to the ever-expanding Galleries, has been one of the standout proponents of this gallery, which was originally designed with an open invitation to make tributes by showing a collection of specific artists' work that they have posted here in these forms. And she was a workhorse at it. But the invitation has been open for anyone who wants to create a tribute page for anyone to invent a space and fill it with those people's work. I think anyone who's had a page created for them got the sentiment and encouragement from such a pat on the back. I'd like to acknowledge her work in doing so, and I hope that she comes back sometime soon.

Anyway it's been fun, and it has helped my typing skills beyond measure. but as I said here dictating it verbally, the keyboard falls away more, and it becomes more about what is being said. And I think that parallels what happens with artists with all the new technology that has come into play. It's so much more, for my money, about what's being said, because the technology is allowing for the techniques to sort of take care of themselves.

So paint on! Tell it like it is! Or like how you wanted to be!!! Onward and upward… And thanks a million for the years of Raging Artists and their individual joys shared!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOO!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

byroncallas
04-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Terrific Coops. And yes, Enug's works is wonderful. It's great to see it showcased here.

D Akey
04-03-2015, 11:58 AM
Wow D Akey. It's been ages since I've been able to get in here to post. But when I saw this come through my email notices I had to stop what I was doing to say congratulations. More important is to say thank you for your enormous contributions in support of all the artists here. You are an extraordinary guy. All best thoughts.

Hey Byron! Welcome back, and hopefully for more than a hello. Thanks for the very kind words. Missing your abstractions and our conceptual interactive commentaries. Be well my friend. Say hi to your lovely wife. Hope she's kicking your behind, making you paint. :):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):)

RobertSWade
04-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Yeah. Sounds a little like you're normal to me. Call it depression as a catch-all. Most people have experienced it in one form or another. I know I have and constantly have to fight through it. Age and a future has something to do with it, not that younger people don't have their version of it. I think that's one of the things that inspired the "Goth" movement, and the nihilistic Dada movement in the 1920s, and the beatniks and then too those pesky self destructive things like hypochondria and anorexia and bulemia and all those other words ending in 'ia'. I'm no expert, but I suspect it's a form of violence and frustration and anger etc turned inward. One of the cool things about art is that it allows for us to move energy that's clogged and gotten us mired. Sounds to me like painting could be just the ticket, recalling as I do some of the amazing work you did -- especially the expressive stuff, and not the tight stuff.

Technical skill is always something that will get people to tell one what a good human they are, but you, especially you, don't want to loose sight of your deep, and soulful expression.

The trick is to paint for yourself first. Painting to get approval from others is not always the best goal. It's nice to get people to appreciate it, but know your audience and their possible limitations. You're not necessarily a commercial artist and thus do not have those accursed restrictions of having to please.

The pitfall there is that if people don't react how you want them to, you're screwed. And you're giving your authority over to others, when it should be yours as the auteur. Express yourself for yourself, and let the chips fall where they may, and as a reward for that leap of faith, you may find that the joy will return.

My mind was seriously blown by some of your early expressive stuff. You later were working on technique, and that's great. But somewhere the look changed to what looked like you were chasing something less poetic. I sincerely hope you get back into it and let it flow if you can rediscover that voice inside you that has always been so elevated. Sappy sounding alert so be warned: But you have always struck me as an angel who is trying to hang on to earth because you keep floating up -- sort of like a diver who has lost his weight belt.

IMHO when you paint, let the ground go and when you come back down you'll have some paintings that are yours. The ground will still be there. And if you need a cheering section, you certainly have it here. And if you need to sell your work, I don't think it will at all suffer from you finding your personal voice. Risky in a way, but what a cool challenge. Try not to be judgmental of the expression right away and enjoy the personal journey. You may find that letting yourself be the poet you are, and the great heart you are in painting and drawing will favorably impact the rest of your world because you will flow.

Absolutely this is TRUE!!!!!!! And no shit Sherlock! You were absolutely one of the ones who set the tone from the get go of the supportive community energy. And when you left, part of that left with you. Should tell you something about the creative energy that follows you in your wake. Wade back in Robert. . . I mean paint it back in, my dear fellow. . .

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

Inspiring and thought provoking, DA. I have saved it to my desktop and will do my best to follow through. Thank you, my friend.

Enug
04-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Thanks Caesar, Gary, Jean, DA and Byron and once again to Katie for this wonderful honour.

Just a note to Robyn in case you look in this thread again - please come back soon - you and your art are very much missed. I counted you as one of my mentors. :)

byroncallas
09-01-2015, 04:52 PM
I'm bumping the thread following a request from Eighty.
Hi Eighty.
It's Katie Coops who for the longest time has been most engaged and vibrant continuing to build the thread.
I've been a bit absent for a while, pulled in too many directions.
But here's the thread. Maybe you've got some new additions to spice it up and prime the pump.
:-)
b

D Akey
09-01-2015, 05:58 PM
Yep. It's like an open source kinda dedication page in a yearbook. She kept the love fest happening through a lot of hard work and sweet thoughts.

It's an amazing thread started by, of all things, a heart surgeon. How's that for keeping the heart strings ticking away on the job and off.

Good one Byron and Mr Ploos!

Aaaaaahhhhwwww we needed the bump. . .yeeeooowwwww. . . gotta have the bump. . .

Thanks for the bump.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4nOHdUntyM

Edit: The heart surgeon and culprit who started this whole MOARA thing is none other than the good Dr. Oriane Lima. Sorry I didn't mention his name before. But it was like he was in the same room and didn't need an introduction. Shows how much his presence persists here. But it's been a while since he ran off to other artistic adventures. Hope he's doing well.

pat1940
09-02-2015, 11:02 AM
Congrats June, well deserved and thanks to Katie for such a great job, gallery look fantastic

coops
09-10-2015, 02:36 AM
Dear Eighty, I couldnt let your 1000 pages pass by without doing something so I hope you like this. Well done dear friend:)

gxhpainter2
09-10-2015, 05:08 AM
a great celebration of one of our most prolific painters! and great forum mate. My Congratulations to eighty+ as well. :):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):)

byroncallas
09-10-2015, 06:04 AM
Wonderful tribute Katie. Congratulations Eighty for all your remarkable engagements and contributions through your remarkable thread. The MOARA couldn't be whole and complete without representing you and your wonderful work in it. :)

D Akey
09-10-2015, 10:18 AM
HAZAAH!!!!!!! What a great room at the beach for these wonderful products of Brighton. I love it! And well deserving Mr Ploos! I should think the challenge for Ms Coops was picking some pics of yours over others. All very deserving of hanging in MOARA.

What a great thing to see this thread moving again!

Bravo to Mr Ploos!!!!! Go man GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Brava to Ms Coops!!!!! and Stay Missy STAY <gull durn it> STAY PUT this time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PoseDrawSkis all around, on me!!!!!!!!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):cool::c ool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):cool::cool::coo l::cool::cool::):):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool: :cool::):):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::) :):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):) :):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):cool: :cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):cool::cool::c ool::cool::cool::):):):):):):cool::cool::cool::coo l::cool::):):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: :):):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):) :):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):coo l::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):cool::cool: :cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):cool::cool::cool::c ool::cool::):):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::coo l::):):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):) :):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):c ool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):cool::cool::cool: :cool::cool::):):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool::):):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):) :):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):) :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):cool::c ool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):):cool::cool::coo l::cool::cool::):):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool: :cool::):):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::) :):):):):):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):) :):cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):)