PDA

View Full Version : Military Project

Juhoover22
05-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Please post any painting that you would like to go into a webpage (book) for a very good friend of mine's father who is in the US Army National Guard. He was shipped out for a year (after spending about 3-4 months at Fort Bragg right before he was shipped out and a year in Fort Campbell about a year ago) leaving his wife and three kids. I would like to dedicate the page to him and his family. He left at the first of Febuary 2009 and he will be gone for a year.

The one who was shipped out his name is Jon. His wife Judy. His oldest child is Sarah. Middle child is Anna. Youngest child is Jonathan.

Below is info on the family:

Jon is 42. Works a Army Nation Guard man.
Ideas for paintings to him:
US flag, fireworks, army stuff, etc

Judy is 42. She is a mother of three.
Ideas for paintings to her:
Bible related things, comforting things, she is pretty artistic.

Sarah is 16. She is a student.
She is very artistic, she loves army stuff, she love art in general.
*Edit - Sarah also love the little mermaid and any thing Disney.*

Anna is 13. She is a student
She loves army stuff, she is also artistic.

Jonathan is 11. He is a student.
Ideas for painting to him:
He like John Deer stuff and army stuff. He likes art also.

I would like to make it more for Jon but if you would like to make one for any his family I would love to put them in it. Please make sure to sign it and put where your from and please put a message on the painting. *Edit - Unless it will mess up the painting. In that case just post you message along with the painting and I'll put the message up in the page.* Also please post who the paintings are for.

After I get the paintings up on the site I'll post a link to the site here. Then I'll send a email to Jon and his family.

I would like to have this done before July 4th. (This will give alittle over 5 weeks)

Juhoover22
05-29-2009, 12:25 PM
To Mr. Jon From the Hoover Family

cathyd
05-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Wow, Juhoover, What a great idea! How sweet and thoughtful of you to do this for your friends. I'm sure they will love your gift book and your fireworks painting too. I will definitely try to come up with something. My favorite uncle worked for John Deere for many years. He used to bring toy John Deere tractors to my sisters and myself at Christmas. I was very much a girlie girl (though a bit tomboyish too) but I always loved this tractors. ;) I think you will get a very good response to this, Juhoover. Be blessed, Cathy

Juhoover22
05-30-2009, 02:48 AM
Thanks Cathyd for your kind words. I hope I get a good response. Can't wait to see what amazing painting you come up with :D

irishrose
05-30-2009, 04:29 AM
I have a heart for anyone in the military. My brother just got out after being in Iraq for 14 months. He came home at Thanksgiving last year, he has 5 kids. I know how much things that are bright and cheery can make their day. Will see what I can come up with. I feel for the kids.. and of course, the extra work for the wife... I am praying for him!!!

Juhoover22
05-30-2009, 04:39 AM
Dear IrishRose,
Glad to hear your brother got back safely. Can't wait to see what you come up with :D

- Justin

irishrose
05-30-2009, 04:40 AM
Justin, thanks.. he was pretty lucky to get out of there when he did. I pray for all our troops all the time. I will get more time over the weekend. Having a rough day today.... but will try to do something within your time frame. :) AR rocks, doesn't it?? :)

Juhoover22
05-30-2009, 04:46 AM
Aww sorry to hear your having a bad day. I'm sure what ever you come up with will be amazing :D and Yes AR does rock :D
I would have made the time frame longer but I'm going out of the country july 17th and will not be back till the 24th and I want to get it done before I leave :D

irishrose
05-30-2009, 04:49 AM
Justin, thanks for your kind words... ah, just another day in paradise... hehe

I understand the time frame.. will see what I can do. :) Have a great weekend!

Juhoover22
05-30-2009, 04:51 AM
No problem :D You too!

cathyd
05-30-2009, 08:49 AM
Okay, Justin, Here it is! I am posting two versions, one with an inscription and the other without it in case they want to print it out for display and don't want the inscription on that one. Anyhoo, I created a patriotic bubbles background and uploaded some public domain photos to use in the painting, which I gave various levels of opacity for special effects. It is my pleasure to create this painting, and send it to Jon and his family. I hope they will enjoy it for years to come. Blessings, Cathy

Here is my note:

Thank you Jon for fighting for our freedom here in the homeland. Thanks for every lonely, terrifying, and weary night. Thanks for every tear you have shed over the loss of your comrades and for more suffering than is humanly imaginable. *** Thanks to you Judy for being behind one of our country's finest and for all the lonely nights you spent without him. Thank you for your prayers to strengthen and keep him. Thanks to you Sarah, Anna, and Jonathan for being brave soldiers at home in withstanding the void of not having daddy at home for so long a time. God bless all of you. We love you and are praying for all of you! With that said I am leaving you in God's long outstretched, more than capable hand. Cathy DiStefano, New Jersey, USA

Juhoover22
05-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Dear cathyd,
What an amazing painting! I love it :D and I'm sure they will also. I'll be adding your painting and message to the site soon :D

Thanks for the painting,
Justin

cathyd
05-30-2009, 09:05 AM
Hey, my privilege and my pleasure, Justin. It's the least one can do for a faithful soldier who has sacrificed so much for us and our country. ;)

irishrose
05-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Okay Cathy, you truly WOWED me on this one. AMAZING!!!!! You did GREAT! I don't think this can be topped. I just picked my jaw back up off the floor. Wow again!

cathyd
05-30-2009, 11:59 AM
You are so funny, Rose. Hah! LOL! :D Thank you once again for your gracious encouragement. Love and hugs. Cathy

irishrose
05-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Welcome! I do tend to go a bit overboard when I like something! xoxoxo

cathyd
05-30-2009, 12:05 PM
Me too, so hey girlie, I don't mind. I really enjoy it. :D

Juhoover22
05-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Rose :D lol to funny :D Can't wait to see yours :)

cathyd
05-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Anyone who likes the above image that I created, entitled, "Thank You, Jon," can feel free to use it for their personal use -- like if you have a loved one in the military and would like to put your own inscription on it -- or if you are a soldier or veteran. Or, if you are connected to the military but would like to use it on your desktop or something. ;) And hey, Justin, I can't wait to see Rose's either. She so talented! Blessings, Cathy

Juhoover22
05-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Very generous you are cathy! :D

cathyd
05-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Awwwww! Tanks. Tanks a lot! :D

Juhoover22
05-31-2009, 09:51 AM
No Problem :D

Lee
05-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Dear Justin , what a wonderful and thoughtful idea,,,did this one last year, you may use it in your book, best wishes to you and your Holland Family friends, May they all be home together soon!! God Bless!!! xox:)

Juhoover22
05-31-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks Lee for the painting! :D

It awesome, I'm sure they will love it :D

cathyd
05-31-2009, 12:37 PM
Wow, Lee, that is a fantastic painting! You really captured to mood of the family there. Lovely colors. ;) Cathy

Lee
06-01-2009, 01:59 AM
Dear Justin and Cathy, thank you! a photo in our local newspaper last year used for reference,:)

cathyd
06-01-2009, 02:02 AM
You're welcome Lee, the comments were well deserved. You certainly did that photo justice. I love the little glitter touches too! ;)

Juhoover22
06-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Like the Jamaicans say "No problem mon"! :D and yes they were very well deserved :D

cathyd
06-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Hi Justin, This project is such a great idea! I hope you get a lot more posts soon! :D Cathy

coops
06-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Hi Justin, and thanks Cathyd for giving me the nudge to do something and I hope this is ok. I got the photo of the internet to put into my painting so I think it should be alright.
My thanks to all the troops of all countries who have help so much to keep us safe. The sun shines brighter. God Bless.
Coops

cathyd
06-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Woah, Coops! I have tears in my eyes. That is one awesome painting. So beautiful. Thank you, gazillions! I know Justin and the Holland family are going to be in awe, as well as everyone who sees it. ;) Cathy

Lee
06-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Dear Coops, double WOAH! word fail! spiritual comes to mind, BEAUTIFUl!:)

coops
06-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks, glad you like it and hope it it helps.

wenkat
06-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi Juhoover!
Now only I'm looking into this thread after a kind prompt from Cathyd. It's a thread with a purpose, I like it! Hope I would be able to contribute something worthwhile in a couple of days.

cathyd
06-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Thanks, Wenkat! I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Justin will be so happy. :D Blessings, Cathy

coops
06-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Hi Justin, changed the heading, hope this is oK. I would be honoured for you to put in my small message too.

"My thanks to all the troops of all countries who have done so much to keep us safe. The sun shines brighter. God Bless.
Coops"

mojo1975
06-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Here is my contribution. I hope you like!:rolleyes:

coops
06-02-2009, 07:22 PM
As I said in the main gallery Mojo its absolutely wonderful. Magnificent painting.

juliediane
06-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Hope this fits into a catagory you can use.....take care, I have a marine of my own, and a son already out of the Navy. I understand what the family is experiencing. They are in my thoughts,

Huggggggs, and take care
julie diane

Lee
06-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Dear Mojo and Julie, such beatuiful paintings!!!!!!:)

Eileen724
06-03-2009, 01:09 AM
Wow, what a wonderful compilation of beautiful and meaningful paintings so far! I guess I need to get on the bandwagon as well and get something posted here. I am not one to whip up anything "quickly" so I plan on posting something soon....we'll see!

Juhoover22
06-03-2009, 02:49 AM
Can't wait :D I'm sure what ever you post will be awesome :D

Juhoover22
06-03-2009, 03:08 AM
Hi Justin, changed the heading, hope this is oK. I would be honoured for you to put in my small message too.

"My thanks to all the troops of all countries who have done so much to keep us safe. The sun shines brighter. God Bless.
Coops"

Thanks Coops :D I love it and the message is great. I'm sure the Hollands willl love it :D

I'll be adding it to the site soon.

Mojo I love it! :D I'm sure Jon and his family will love it just the same :D
Would you like to put a message with it?

I'll be adding the paint to the site soon :D

Hope this fits into a catagory you can use.....take care, I have a marine of my own, and a son already out of the Navy. I understand what the family is experiencing. They are in my thoughts,

Huggggggs, and take care
julie diane

Lovely julie! I'm sure they will love it :D
I'm guessing "take care, I have a marine of my own, and a son already out of the Navy. I understand what the family is experiencing. They are in my thoughts" is you message to them?

I'll be adding it soon :D

Hi Juhoover!
Now only I'm looking into this thread after a kind prompt from Cathyd. It's a thread with a purpose, I like it! Hope I would be able to contribute something worthwhile in a couple of days.

Anything to brighten their day and to show that people appreciate what they are doing. Is more then worthwhile :D Can't wait to see it :D

God Bless you all,
Justin

cathyd
06-03-2009, 06:11 AM
Wow, guys, what a response! What magnificent paintings! Tears were welling up in my eyes as I looked at the new paintings. Coops, thank you so much for your beautiful work. I'm sorry I did not realize you were not from the US. So sweet of you to post a painting for our soldiers and all those who fight to protect us. Mojo, I was simply smitten in the heart when I looked at your masterful painting! It is absolutely amazing. And JulieDiane, gee what a lovely painting you posted too! I really appreciate your final words, "May this never happen again!" Oh, wouldn't that be grand???!!! I am truly at a loss for words to express how wonderful each painting is. :) And Een it is good to see you on the threads again. I can't wait to see what you come up with if you get the chance to do a painting. :D Blessings to all of you, Cathy

foxytocin
06-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Hello! Here's my contribution for you all....when I think of war, I often try to remember what we are protecting.....
The photo is mine, and the border is from a gracious deviant art member: http://endlessdeep.deviantart.com/

And a message for the Hoover Family:
You all take care of eachother! My family is thinking of you in North-Central Indiana, on the edge of the Great Plains and just south of Lake Michigan.

cathyd
06-04-2009, 03:30 AM
What a beautiful painting, foxy! You made a great point! ;)

Lee
06-04-2009, 04:33 AM
Dear Foxy, that is a beautiful picture, so precious!!!

Cathy, yes, also , for weeks, thought dear Coops was in the US, pictured her at work in her office in Chicago or some big city,, so funny, but great!!!:)

coops
06-04-2009, 05:08 AM
Beautiful painting Foxy and so meaningful. Well done.
Hey Lee my office isn't anywhere so exciting but still like being there as when the boss is away coops will play lol. Seriously though folks this a great thread and good luck with it as it matters so everyone all over the place.

Juhoover22
06-04-2009, 07:10 AM
Foxy - Thanks :D Looks great! I love it, looks very 4th of Julyish :D! I'm sure the Hollands will love it also :D

Coops - Thanks for the words of encouragement :D

foxytocin
06-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Justin, I just included my message in the original post. Does it need to actually be on the image?

Juhoover22
06-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Sorry I didn't see it, I read it too fast lol ^_^ No it dont have to be on the painting I post it on the site above the painting :D By the way it's to the Holland Family not the Hoover's ^_^ but close enought I knew who its going to lol

For anyone who wants to take a look at the site so far the URL is:
thfp.tk

Feedback would be great :D

sweetpulp2004
06-04-2009, 09:21 PM
:p Hope you like it... I have used more of stencils here... :)

Thanks and Love.
Chirag A.:D

irishrose
06-05-2009, 12:00 AM
Wow Sweetpulp, this is awesome, Everyone's paintings are lovely. I wish I could get into it more, I still have some healing to do regarding my brother having to go over there and be there for 15 months. It was really rough on us and while he was over in Iraq, my dad passed away, so I have a lot of resentment over this war, but don't get me wrong, I truly admire all the men and women who are fighting for us every day. I just have to put aside my resentments and get moving. This guy deserves happier days.

Wonderful paintings EVERYONE!!!! Justin, what a great project.. and close to the 4th of July too!

Juhoover22
06-05-2009, 04:23 AM
Chirag - Thanks :D It looks great :D I'm sure they will love it :D

Rose - I understand. Having a love one over there in war and things happen I bet you would have resent the war.

May God bless you,
Justin

Lee
06-05-2009, 05:22 AM
Dear Sweet, Hello!!!! that is a wonderfully constructed painting, read one time that some very old Oriental carpets were woven with symbolic pictures , buildings, flowers, landscapes etc., and if it was war time there would be guns and other war tools symbols woven into the rugs,, your painting reminds me of such a design,,, :)

chambersecrets
06-05-2009, 06:22 AM
i would love to be part of this. my father is also in the military. So i will start something right .away. Great idea by the way, very thoughtful.

Juhoover22
06-05-2009, 07:04 AM
chambersecrets - Thanks, looking forward to it :D

May God bless you,
Justin

irishrose
06-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Justin, thanks for understanding.

cathyd
06-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Hi Sweetpulp, That is an awesome painting! I enjoy symbolism in artwork and do a bit of it myself. Thank you so much. Hi all, hope to be back online more in few days or so. Hi Rosie girl. Love and hugs to all, Cathy

Sher
06-07-2009, 11:54 AM
how do I upload my painting here?

Sher
06-07-2009, 07:19 PM
This is for Jon and his family. Hope you like it. Best to you, From Sher, Las Vegas, Nevada

Juhoover22
06-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Sher - Aww cute little doggy :D I love it I'm sure they will also :D

Sorry in advance if I don't get to someones post this week. I am going to be very busy so I may not have a chance to check the thread. (But don't let that stop you from posting :D )

Have a great week everyone!

May God Bless you all,
Justin

Juhoover22
06-09-2009, 02:16 PM
I was sneaky again :D

I talked the Mrs. Judy this morning and she told me that she emailed Mr. Jon and he is going to be flying to a new base over there. She said the name of the city but I have no idea how to spell it lol She said that they are going to get to talk to him tonight on the phone. they don't get to do it very often so they could not wait to talk to him :)

I'll let you know if i find something else out.

~26 days till project deadline. I will be Presenting the site the Mrs. Judy, Sarah, Anna and Jonathan Sunday July 5. If any of you post a painting after 10pm on the 4th may not get added to the site till Monday meaning it will not be in the showing. I will keep adding paintings to the site after the 4th. The 4th deadline is only to get in the the presentation.~

Juhoover22
06-10-2009, 01:41 PM
I talked to Mrs. Judy gain today she sadly did not get to talk to Mr. Jon yesterday :( but she said there is a chance they may get to talk Sunday.

I would like to note the Holland family knows nothing about this. So It will be a big surprise to them :D

Lee
06-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Dear Justin, you're doing a great job, xox:)

Juhoover22
06-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks Lee :D I hope that this will lift their spirits :) Who am I kidding I know it will :D

cathyd
06-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Hey Justin, I agree with Lee. You're doing a great job! Thanks for keeping us all posted on what's going on with the Jon and his family too so we can keep them in prayer and in our thoughts. ;) Blessings, Cathy

cathyd
06-10-2009, 02:14 PM
I just gotta' be a little sneaky too. But I don't think Justin will mind. Did you guys know Justin is only seventeen? Isn't he doing a terrific job with this thread and his web site? I think it is a big project for him at his age, since he was working on it during school with all its demands and with summer coming on. I'm sure he is ready to hang out with his friends and has a lot of things planned. Yet, he's devoting his time to do this very special thing for this soldier who is still overseas and for his family. Way to go, Justin! We're behind you! And thanks to the many AR artists who have posted such amazing and emotional paintings for this cause. Way to go AR artists! You're the best. Thxxxx!

Juhoover22
06-10-2009, 02:19 PM
No poblem.

I'm like a kid waiting for christmas with this project lol I am counting down the days till the big day (presentation day) :D

I can't say thank you enough to thoughs who have posted paintings for this project and thoughs that are going to post some in the future!

I don't mind cathy :)

The Holland Family is like my second family. So it's like second natural to me. Thanks for your kind words cathy.

God Bless you all,
Justin

Eileen724
06-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Wow, Justin, what a great guy you are! I only could dream of my 18 year old doing something like this and he's a pretty special guy! I am glad to see that you are keeping us posted and I am still in the works with my tribute to your post and the Hollands. I am hoping to have it posted here well before the deadline.

I've just found out from my sister that my nephew will be coming home for three weeks in July from Baghdad. He's been over there since fall of last year. This is his 2nd tour and he'll be home for good this Sept or Oct. He can't wait to get back home for good and we can't wait either!!!

Juhoover22
06-11-2009, 06:42 AM
Thank you for your kind words een :) Can't wait to see it :D I'm sure it will be awesome :D

Glad to hear your nephew will be home for R&R soon and home for good soon also.

*Note: If you can't get your painting in by the deadline thats fine I will still add paintings to the site after the dead line. The deadline is to get in the the presentation to Mrs. Judy, Sarah, Anna and Jonathan.

The presentation will be the first time they know about it.*

Eileen724
06-14-2009, 05:31 AM
Here is my artwork for your special tribute to the Holland's. I hope they enjoy it!

BTW...I originally created this at 300 dpi but due to the limitations on file size when downloading to this forum, I had to change the image size to 175 dpi. Because of this, the text blurs somewhat I think. If you would like my original 300dpi file to upload to the site, just let me know. Otherwise, this should look just fine.

Lee
06-14-2009, 05:58 AM
Dear Een, that is beautiful!, and beautiful words!,,, tomorrow is Flag Day, very appropriate! :)

Juhoover22
06-14-2009, 08:44 AM
I Love it een :D I read to poem and it almost made me cry T_T

I am sure they will love it.

Thanks to all who have particapated so far! Can't wait to see what is to come. :D (21 more days :D)

God Bless you all,
Justin

P.s Next post for an update :D

Juhoover22
06-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Mrs. Judy that I know of has not talked to Mr. Jon over the phone yet :-\

But I have some awesome news! :D

Jon will be home for R&R for 3 week in october XD!

Also Jon has been choosen to be The WGNS (a local radio station) Soldier of the month. (Sponcered by Rocky Mountain Chocolate) Mrs. Judy, Sarah, Anna and Jonathan will be going to the station soon to be interviewed and the have their picture taken. Also they will get a Rocky Mountain Chocolate gift basket! Once they get the interveiw and stuff on their site I will post a link :D

cathyd
06-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Wow, Een, that is beautiful, words and all! Thnxxxxx girlie!

Justin, so sorry Mrs. Judy hasn't been able to talk to Jon. So glad about all the good news, though! Thanks for keeping us posted. ;)

Juhoover22
06-14-2009, 01:14 PM
No problem, I'm glad to keep ya'll updated.

Oh ya I found out today that I was wrong on Mr. Jon moving to a different base. He just had to go there for a few weeks. He should be back to the other base soon.

Juhoover22
06-16-2009, 06:03 AM
Hey everyone! I finally was able to get some picture for ya'll :D

This is the whole family. Taken about a year ago.

Top row from left to right: Sarah, Mrs. Judy, Mr. Jon.
Front row from left to right: Anna and Jonathan.

This is Mrs. Judy and Mr. Jon. It was taken when Mrs. Judy went to Fort. Bragg, NC for Mr. Jon promotion ceremony. He was promoted from Major to LTC (LTC is the 3 highest rank in the US Army National Gaurd).

Mrs. Judy got to pin his pin on him :D

Juhoover22
06-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Hello everyone,

The Holland family when and had the interview. The pictures are not up on the site yet but the audio interview is :D

Heres a link:
http://www.wgnsradio.com/soldier-of-the-month-presentation-waudio/8556/

screenpainter
06-17-2009, 09:05 AM

wow. mojo.... wow....
Great job everyone!

cathyd
06-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Woah...Justin. I'm feeling quite emotional after seeing the photos you shared of Jon and his family. After becoming involved in the project with you a bit -- seeing the photos -- really warms my heart. What a nice looking family. They look like a first class bunch. And like they could be the family next door, so to speak. Mrs. Judy looks like a lovely person. I didn't know Jon was stationed in NC. My hometown is about forty-five minutes north of Jacksonville (Camp Lejeune) and about one and one-half hours north of Fayetteville. My step-father was in the Marines and retired from civil service at Cherry Point Marine base near New Bern, NC. I'm a Jersey girl now, though. Hubby is from Brooklyn and retired from New York City Transit last year and we live in the foothills of the mountains not far from the Poconos. Anyhoo, Justin, you are doing a fabulous job. I know the Holland family is going to be overwhelmed, and moreover, that the honor you are bestowing on Jon and his family is well deserved. Thanks for sharing the photos and interview with us Justin. And thanks to all the AR artists who have contributed art works to this wonderful cause of yours. Since Jon is a soldier, it is also our cause. Thanks everyone! Beautiful work! ;) Blessings, Cathy

Juhoover22
06-18-2009, 03:10 AM
Glad to hear you liked the pictures :) Mrs. Judy is an amazing person. She was my Jamaica Mom :D (when I went to Jamaica the group I was with split in to 4 "familys" and I was in the one with Mrs. Judy :D)

:D Yep Mr. Jon, before he was shipped out, was stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. A year or so ago he was stationed at Fort Campbell, KY.

I second that. Thank you so much everyone. The Holland will love every one of ya'll art work :D

God Bless You all,
Justin

*Though I would share this cool fact :D:
Today it the 17th of June...There are 17 more days till the deadline :D!*

Juhoover22
06-20-2009, 04:23 AM
Little Beth and I have been emailing back a forth and she has made a great contribution. I have asked her if she would mind if I posted it here and she gave me the ok.

Dear Jon, Judy, Sarah, Anna and Jonathan

My name is Beth and I'm from Liverpool, UK. Justin told me about this project and I wanted to contribute. I believe that what Jon is doing is one of the most noble of actions possibe, so I wanted to use my talents to show my support. I hope that when you see these pictures, they encourage and comfort you until the time you are reunited again
Love Beth

Psalm 119:76 - May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.

Juhoover22
06-20-2009, 04:46 AM
*My 100th post :D*

I know it this post could go with out posting lol but...

Great work Beth :D I love them :D I'm sure the Holland's will love them :D

cathyd
06-20-2009, 05:10 AM
Wow, Little Beth! What an absolutely beautiful contribution! I love the accompanying scripture too. I'm sure the Holland family will be greatly blessed and deeply moved. ;) Blessings to you, Cathy

SprtFeather
06-22-2009, 06:09 AM
Jon & Family,
As a Navy Wife and Mom, I have a deep & personal appreciation for the sacrifices you are making to keep our home "the Land of the Free."

This is not an Artrage, but a Fractal I created recently....I love how is looks like a Golden Eagle. Please enjoy.

Melinda

Juhoover22
06-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks for you contribution :D It's wonderful :D I'm sure they will love it.

May God Bless you,
Justin

wenkat
06-23-2009, 06:10 AM
A humble contribution from me and greetings to the Holland family!:)

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/files/6/2/5/8/military_project_a.jpg

Juhoover22
06-23-2009, 06:23 AM
Wonderful :D thanks for the picture :D

May God Bless you,
Justin

Turtleman
06-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Here is mine.

http://severeo.deviantart.com/art/Raindbow-Soilder-126897494

There is a download link on the side, please credit me if you use it.
http://severeo.deviantart.com/art/Raindbow-Soilder-126897494#

cathyd
06-25-2009, 07:11 AM
Hi Sprtfeather, What a beautiful painting! It really does resemble an eagle. Wow. Thank you so much. Wenkat, what a wonderful, deeply touching contribution to the Jon and his family! Turtleman, what a beautiful painting as well! Beautiful colors! I am sure the Holland family will be deep touched and grateful for all these wonderful works of art. Thank you all. ;) Blessings, Cathy

Juhoover22
06-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Sorry for my late resonce I have been a litte busy latey :)

Hey Turtleman, Love it I'm sure they Hollands will love it ;) Don't worry I post the name (or username if name is not given) of the artist and where they are from with each one.

Boy I have my work cut out for me I have not added the latest ones yet because I have been so busy. Now its geting close so I'll have to do it soon lol

I'm thinking of doing a powerpoint for the presentation so I can have music playing with it :) And I might send a copy of it in CD format to Mr. Jon :D

*10 days left :D*

cathyd
06-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Hey Justin, You are still doing a great job! Yeah, you do have your work cut out for ya'. If you get the chance to do the PP presentation with the music, I think that would be a great touch! Anyhoo, by the time you get all the artwork on the site, along with the artwork there now and the other touches, you still will have an amazing presentation for the Hollands even if you don't get to do the PP. Way to go, Justin. Keep up the good work! ;)

Juhoover22
06-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks Cathyd :D

I had an Idea right after I posted the last post.

When My church goes our anual Mission trip (which I will be going on next month :D) evey one who goes signs their name to a page that says "Thanks for all your support" and it is printed on our bulleten the week we are gone.

I though we could aply the same idea here also...Just save the attached image to you computer, then go in to artrage and sign you name to it (use what ever color you like...but please make it a darker color :) )then resave it as a Jpeg and repost it :D

mojo1975
06-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Here's mine...who's next?

wenkat
06-25-2009, 03:17 PM
It's a wonderful idea! It made me to think further. Why not embed the avatars too? I'm sure it would make a wonderful collage background. Anyway I've posted one with signature and the second one with avatar-cum- signature for others to add if they like. :)
Good Luck Justin

P.S: BTB, there's a new interesting thread -'Signature' started by Oriane.

cathyd
06-26-2009, 04:00 AM
Another great idea, Justin! ;)

Juhoover22
06-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks eveyone :D the more who sign it the better :D

Thanks for all you support in this project everone :D

*I went to a lock-in last night and they had a ice skating rink, falling on ice...not fun :D The skating was awesome tho :) If you have ever done inline skates it feels basicly the same.*

cathyd
06-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Sounds like fun, Justin. I roller skated from the time I was five or six. But then one day when I was a lot older I decided I was born to ice skate. Yeah, well, uh...I spent more time with my backside on the ice than my skates. Ouch! That doesn't give...and it is cold! Hah! LOL! Then about three years ago when I was living in NYC I used to go to Bryant Park and watch the ice skaters there. It was beautiful, especially at night when the Empire Building was lit up with red and green for Christmas. ;) Once or twice I went to Rockafeller Center and watched the ice skaters there. Anyhoo, great idea about the signatures. We Artragers are behind you, Justin. ;)

Juhoover22
06-28-2009, 04:33 AM
100th Post on the thread :D!!

Thanks Cathyd. I only fell 3 times in the time span of like 2.5 hours :) it was alot of fun :D

Thanks everyone who has signed the card thing :D Keep on signing :D

Thanks to everyone who has posted some art work so far :D So far I count 13 (give or take 1 or 2) thats the number of people who have posting something!

An extra special thanks to all those who posted something and are not even from the US. These will mean alot to the Family. I'm sure is will touch them deeply that someone not even in the US would show love for them by posting a paint. I know I have touched me.

It is Officially one week from the deadline! If you want your painting to be in the presentation please get you painting in by July 4th, 2009 at Noon Central Time. If you post something and the time stamp is after 12:00pm I will not put it in till after the presentation.

wenkat
07-01-2009, 11:44 PM
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/files/6/2/5/8/military_project_c.jpg

Juhoover22
07-02-2009, 04:23 AM
Thanks Wenkat for another great painting :D

I have made the PowerPoint and it is great, after the 4th I'll upload it to a place so ya'll can download it and view it :D

I have a tiny change of plans on how I am going to present it.

I was going to wait till after church and take them to one of out church's class rooms and show it to them.

But now (after I get aproval from the Elders) I am going to present to them in this way:

Sunday night after service I will have a mic and I will walk up front and ask the Hollands to come down front also. (we have one of those big screens at the front of the auditorium) When they come up and are steated I will give alittle back ground of what Artrage is. Then the people up in the AV booth will start the powerpoint. After the pp I will present them will the CD that has the pp on it.

This plan is not set in stone yet see as I have to met with the Elders and make sure they are ok with it (which I know they will not have a problem with it).

*Three more days :D*

The_Walrus
07-02-2009, 06:49 AM
Idk if you are excepting anymore entries but here is mine
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25434&d=1236140651

The_Walrus
07-02-2009, 06:51 AM
One more just in case, these are my only military drawings
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25947&d=1237694959

Juhoover22
07-02-2009, 06:59 AM
I'm accepting paintings till Noon Central time on July 4th. So your good :D

Would you mind explaning the 1st one...it has me a bit confused lol

Thanks for the two paintings :D

May God Bless you,
Justin

cathyd
07-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Wow, Wenkat, Another beautiful contribution. I love your inscription, too. And The Walrus, I especially like the bottom cartoon. I'm sure the Hollands will get a kick out of it. Nice work. Thank you both. And Justin, I love your presentation idea. Hope and pray it works out the way you want it to. You're still doing a fantastic job! Blessings, Cathy ;)

Juhoover22
07-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Hey Cathy,
Thanks :D I talked to one of our Elders tonight and gave him the site. He told me he would have to look at it then he would give me an anwser, Which I knew he would say that so no big suprize. I should know some thing by tomorrow night or Sunday morning at the least.

I'm getting a little nervous about it...not sure why but I am lol. I guess it's because now I'm not just show them. I'm going to have to go up in front of everyone and talk...and I'm shy In real life :-\

Please note:
I reserve the right to not include any painting without notice if I feel it is inappropriate.
This is not done to be rude to the artist but to keep it clean and to also keep from upseting the Hollands.

Thanks for understanding and thanks to all those who have donated painting so far!

May God bless you all,
Justin

Eileen724
07-02-2009, 04:32 PM
I've got butterflies in my stomach along with you Justin but it will turn out just great and you're getting nervous for nothing! They will love it and you'll be surrounded by all those that love you and support you in this wonderful tribute for the Hollands! I can't wait to see the Powerpoint myself!!!

Great job, Justin...you're an inspiration to all of us!!!

cathyd
07-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Hey Justin, I agree with Een. You are going to do just fine! And you will be supported by those who love you. Of course you know we here at AR will be thinking about you when you're doing your presentation and we're behind you! Go for it! :D Blessings, Cathy

The_Walrus
07-03-2009, 04:09 AM
The first one i posted comes from the pain I have from trying to deal with being in love with my wife, but having to leave her for long periods of time being in the military. Basically the pains of leaving loved ones due to military callings. Hope that helps.

cathyd
07-03-2009, 09:28 AM
That is very touching Walrus. And what a very expressive piece! I am so sorry for what you have experienced when you have been away from your wife. Thank you so much for serving our country and risking your life to protect our freedom here. And thank you for all the loneliness you have suffered and if there has been any loss of comrades, I am truly sorry. Thank you for all of your sacrifices, for they have been great. Blessings to you, your wife, and family. ;) Cathy

Lee
07-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Dear Walrus, Firemen, Policemen, including the Women in those services,,,,, and the first line of defence, the Soldier, Nobility, Bravery, Sacrifice, not politics, not religion, the protectors of our homes, simply nothing greater than that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:)

dali
07-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Wishing you a happy 4th of July. Be safe out there! :)
Dali

dali
07-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks, great idea!

Juhoover22
07-04-2009, 02:29 AM
Thanks Dali the portrait looks amazing! Thanks for doing it for me :)

Thanks also for signing the thing :D

cathyd
07-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Beautiful comment, Lee. ;) Great job on the portrait, Dali. Thanks a lot! ;) Bless you both, Cathy

Juhoover22
07-05-2009, 02:53 AM
Happy 4th of July everyone! Today is the final day to get you painting in!! I will be finishing the PP today :D Remember to get your painting in by at lest 12:00 Central Time (GMT -5).

I'm sorry Lee I must have over looked your post. What an amazing post :)

I want to Thanks everyone for your support in this project and for all you amazing paintings :D!

To all those who sent in painting even tho you are not from the USA,
I want to say a special thank you to you all!

May God be with you all,
Justin

Juhoover22
07-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Alright deadline is up ;) (ok well its been up for almost 5 hours but I got a bit side tracked lol)

Juhoover22
07-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Good AfterNoon everyone!

After about 3 hours of work put in to the power point yesterday then about an hour today I finally got the Power point just right ;)

Well I should have planned me presentation day better rofl I complty forgot about Anna and Sarah going to a bible camp this week and Mrs. Judy went up there too. So I am going to do it next sunday night :)

Oh ya...I got the aproval of the Elders :D Let me just say they were shocked of the turn out ;)

Hope everyone had an awesome 4th :D I did, got a little wet at the fireworks but it was all good got some good pictures of the fireworks (I'll upload some later)

May God Bless you all,
Justin

Lee
07-07-2009, 01:38 AM
Dear Justin, glad you had a nice but a little damp 4th!:)

Dali's portrait is super beautiful!!!! wonderful!!!:)

Juhoover22
07-13-2009, 09:47 AM
As You all Know I was not able to do it last week as planned But I am going to try again today :D Sarah will not be there, I think she is going to visit her boyfriend (he has had a few problems lately I'll explain at the bottom of the message). But Mrs. Judy, Anna and Jonathan will be there. I think this will really lift Mrs. Judy's spirits. At today Mission Trip meeting (which i will be leaving for in 5 days :D) she came in to see if Sarah needed anything before she left (Sarah is going on the trip also) and she looked depressed.

On the Note on Sarah's Boyfriend:
Daniel is a diabetic and he has stated to have seizures at night while he is asleep due to his blood sugar getting low. A few nights ago he had one again and he fell of his bed and the way he fell caused him to fracture his back. :(

God bless ya'll,
Justin

Juhoover22
07-14-2009, 05:43 AM
Hi All! I have wonderful news!

I was able to do the presentation last night Sarah was not there but I gave Mrs. Judy 2 copys of the PP on CDs 1 for them to keep and one to send to Mr. Jon so she got to see it when she got home.

The night started out as I went up into our AV booth and fill the one working it in on what was going to happen. When the Hollands got to church (they were a little late) I had one of our decons to tell to sit with my grandmother because she wanted them to sit with her (which she did :)) They walked up to where they were sitting and sat with them.

*fast forwarding to the end of the service*

Mr. Ron (our Preacher) got up and made an anounce ment saying "There will be a presentation that was done by one of our young men, Justin Hoover, for the Jon Holland Family. So if you would like to see if keep you seat after the closing prayer and it will start."

I wasn't sitting up there with them cause i had to stay in the AV booth to make sure every thing went ok. But my Mom said when Mr. Ron said that she had a confused look on her face :D

*fast forwarding to after the prayer*

After the pray we started the PP. As soon as the 1st slide came up which says

" The Holland Family Project

Created By Justin Hoover
With the Co-operation of the ArtRage Community"

she started crying. Even Anna was crying.

She love everyone one of ya'll's paintings! She got a giggle out of The Walrus' "Unsat Sailor" :D

As soon as the thing was over and they didnt need me up there anymore I went up to her and she hugged me real tight. She said that this was exactly what she needed.

So Thank you all you all have deeply touched the Holland family!

You have also showed me how caring the people from our great country are and How caring people are from around the world!

This Project has been a blessing to The Hollands and myself.

You will never know how much this will mean to the Hollands for years to come :)

Mrs Judy and/or Mr. Jon might write a thank note for me to post here so keep you eye out for more post here :D

God Bless you all,
Justin

Lee
07-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Dear Justin, don't think there are words good enough to say what a wonderful thing you did for your Military Family, as old as i am i don't think i ever did anything that terrific for anothers family, am so glad they liked it and is was really a simple thing each of us did but together it was for you and for your military family and it added up to a great unselfish act on your part, so proud of you even though you are far away just as we are proud of our soldiers, what a good idea you had, you carried it out, good job, thanks for keeping us informed too,,, Bless You!!!!:)

Juhoover22
07-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Thanks Lee for your very kid words :D

I have not made it public untill now (unless you looked at the site) but this project would not have been as big if it was not for our dear Cathyd.

Cathy was a huge help! She conacted some of the people who posted paintings. She also helped me a great deal behind the Sences! We were PMing each other a lot though out the project informing me of consers brought to her by some of the artists, giving me ideas to make the project better, etc.

Lets all give Cathy hand!

Also I PMed Dali sometime back asking her if she would be willing to do a portrait of the family. She was willing to do it and what an out come!

Lets all give Dali a hand also!

Everone was so genorus in giving a paintings! These painting you have given will be tresured by the Hollands for a long time!

Everyone Give yourself a hand!

God Bless you all,
Justin

cathyd
07-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Gee, thanks Justin for the kind words. So sweet of you to mention it though I wasn't looking for it at all. So glad to have helped a little. But you had the hard part and you did a fantastic job! Bravo to you too and give yourself a hand, Justin! :D

Juhoover22
11-19-2009, 10:13 AM
I recived a note from the family a while back and i have been pretty busy and have not be able to post it...when i have tryed to it would not upload though.
So I'm going to type out the letter and then post in a few days

Update on how the family is doing:

Mr Jon. came home for his R&R last month and the family was taking in every moment they could with him. They were able to go on trip to Florida for a week since one of his weeks was duringthe schools fall break.

Mrs. Judy is holding up pretty good from what I can tell. Sarah, Anna and Jonathan are doing well also.

My Grandmother talked to Mrs. Judy last Sunday and Mrs. Judy told her that after Mr. Jon is back he we not be called for atlest 5 years :)

He will be back in the Middle of March for good :D The family can not wait and Mr. Jon is counting down the days.

Thanks,
Justin

Juhoover22
11-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks Rose :D Hope you have a great Thanksgiving also...Let it be filled with plenty of food :D

I have miss eveyone but its hard to find the time to sit down and do some art to post, or even post at all for the matter. I have a few things i have done that i'll try to post in the next week or so.