PDA

View Full Version : Portrait - working title "Take control"

emenemsbis
05-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey, I joined this forum yesterday, I showed some of my finished drawings, and now I want to show you the drawing which I'm making right now :)

It's nothing special, just another portrait, but I want to practise colouring in Artrage (because as I mentioned before, I've started colouring in Artrage few days ago and I'm still not familiar with some things).
I know that I'm making a horrible mistake by not drawing a base colour first... it's my bad habit :P

There are a lot of mistakes, but I hope that I'll do it much better than those wips :)

Ahhh and another explanation - I almost always take titles from songs which I currently listening to - because when I draw, I start to listen one song over and over again...another strange habit :P

Juz
05-17-2009, 11:00 PM
This is amazing, the model looks better in your drawing than in the photo!!

I cant wait to see this finished :)

emenemsbis
05-17-2009, 11:09 PM
This is amazing, the model looks better in your drawing than in the photo!!

I cant wait to see this finished :)
thank you ;) but I'm not sure if it's good if I made him look better :P

Another part
I added the background (texture), and I painted some more details

Juz
05-17-2009, 11:12 PM
LOL, He probably thinks its good to look better hehe

WOW, he's so realistic, he just leaps off the page. What a talent you are:)

The background looks awesome, colours work really well with the orange lights hitting his face.

emenemsbis
05-17-2009, 11:17 PM
I wish that he could leap off the screen ;P

anyway, I'm not sure if he would see this portrait, because he's a singer and I don't know him in person, so I don't think that he could be happy about looking better on drawing or not :)

Thank you for such a nice comment :) I'll try to finish it soon and you'll see the results :)

weembaman
05-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Keep painting however you are doing it, it's working great for you..Very well done..:)

emenemsbis
05-18-2009, 05:34 AM
thank you weembaman, I finished this portrait, and you can watch it here: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19460

cathyd
05-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Fantastic work! Thanks for sharing. I know what you mean about the music. I do the same thing sometimes. Hey, if it inspires you, go with it. Right? :)