PDA

View Full Version : Silent

Sketchism71
05-12-2009, 06:19 PM
This was a style experiment I was fooling around with that I happen to actually finish (well almost...I need Robs Axe!).

I couldn't really think of a good title for it... but as I was painting it, I couldn't help but think about how silent and still it would be, to be there inside this painting. Thanks for checking it out!:rolleyes:

Viktor
05-12-2009, 06:33 PM
very good work ... very fine...

nightjar
05-12-2009, 08:03 PM
lovely cold morning feel to it. very nice.
dave.

fraser_paice
05-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Ooooh that's good Sketch... on my list of 'I wish I had done that!' works.

Caesar
05-12-2009, 08:52 PM
There's an incredible amount of depth and atmosphere in this painting. Fantastic work!

Taron
05-12-2009, 09:03 PM
UH OH THAT'S PRETTY! Very wonderful painting, Sketchi! :)
Love the feeling of humidity and the vail of haze...gorgeous! And such a beautifully painterly feel. I think that's high up there in my favorites of yours.

coops
05-12-2009, 09:11 PM
I think this is great Sketchism, I could imagine lots ot mysterious things happening here. Great job.

foxytocin
05-12-2009, 10:41 PM
The smattering of leaves in the foreground is quite sweet....
the image makes me think of early morning walks through dewladen grass at my parent's farm in Southern Indiana.

Sketchism71
05-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Thank you Viktor, always nice to hear from you.:D:cool:
Thanks Coops, I do like misty paintings because of that very effect.:):D
Thank you nightjar, it does have a cooler feel to it. The leaves on the ground I think made more of an early autumn painting:D:)
Thank you Fraser, I guess it's only fair since I've said that same thing a few times on some of your work...LOL:):)
Thank you Caesar, I was a little afraid I over did it on the value gradient of it but it did seem to give a decent atmospheric effect. Thank you;):D
Taron, Thank you! The painterly effect was part of this style experiment, trying to find that happy medium of painterly yet real. Glad you liked it!:D:D:D
Thank you Foxy! What a lovely place your parents must have. Im glad it brought a pleasant memory to you... That's what it's all about!:):):)

Rob in Denver
05-13-2009, 01:13 AM
Lovely evocative work, it brings back memories I am not sure I really have.

sabena
05-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Hi Sketchism71
wonderful and calm painting:) i like very much:D

Rick
05-13-2009, 01:29 AM
Very very nice painting.. Title is very fitting..

sunsetdreams711
05-13-2009, 02:57 AM
this is a wonderful piece of art. i can tell u are a very talanted artist great work

ScottF
05-13-2009, 03:38 AM
Simply brilliant Sketch! Especially love the atmosphere! One of your best so far--or at least one of my favorites so far! :cool:

byroncallas
05-13-2009, 03:53 AM
Sketch, beautiful and wonderfully evocative. Reminds me of growing up as a little boy at our farmhouse in Virginia. Misty and moody and dreamy and outstanding execution in the finest painterly detail. The fine painterly approach elevates it, gives it soul and warmth. Just great. All thumbs up, big toes too.

Best, Byron

weembaman
05-13-2009, 04:06 AM
excellent painting..This reminds me of my early morning walks in the country..

Sketchism71
05-13-2009, 07:56 AM
Thank you Rob,that made me laugh yet I know exactly what you mean..lol;)
Thank you Sabena, Very kind:)
Thank you Rick, I went back and looked at Libation again this morning when I was surfing around...The more I look at it the more incredible it is!:eek:
Thank you Sunsetdreams, what an awesome complement...Thank you!:)
Thank you Scott, Im really glad you liked it:D
Thank you Byron, I think it's the added calcium to my diet:cool:
Thank you Weem, I love when art evokes a memory or feeling. It makes me feel like it belongs here for a reason. Thank you!;)

imsick78
05-13-2009, 08:01 AM
wow thats all i can say :D:D:D

Eileen724
05-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Besides Rob's comment making me chuckle (once again!!!), I think your experiment worked Sketch! Just a beautiful and expressive painting!!! I love your technique of using the lights and darks of this scene with the added touch of the leaves on the ground and the mist at the top of the hill. Excellent work!!! Me likie lotzies!!! :D

Peter Pinckney
05-13-2009, 09:05 AM
It feels so real that I'm climbing up alongside the old wooden fence.............this is one for what others here have called the Petermeter

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):):):):):):)

Sketchism71
05-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Thank you imsick78, I really appreciate your comment:D
Thank you een, You are always so up beat and positive...I want some of what you got!:D:D Thank you for the great comment!
Thank you Peter, It is always an honor for me when you break out the Petermeter! Thank you!:D:D

Jim Walsh
05-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Excellent. great balance and evokes an easy feeling, with some excitement at what's at the top of the hill.

SCP
05-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Really great work Sketch :cool::cool::):)

Bumble
05-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Wonderful Painting :D

Eileen724
05-14-2009, 01:27 AM
Sorry, Sketch....but I don't share my "happy" pills with no one!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Belvrog
05-14-2009, 09:59 AM
This is so.... so.... so.... wow. Love it. Love the greens, love the perspective, love the mist in the distance, just everything about it. Sorry running out of words on this one.

jbyrjbyr1
05-14-2009, 10:04 AM
This is lovely, Sketch, and if you ever rent out the silent place you've so wonderfully created, let me know...I could use a long weekend there. As an experiment, I say this is a resounding success.
jb

Lee
05-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Dear Sketch, that is so very beautiful and peaceful!, like before cars and electric lights, maybe even colonial civil war, Gone With The Wind times,,,,, so well done, :)

RobertSWade
05-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Absolutely gorgeously illuminated and detailed!!! Wonderful work Sketch. :)

Sketchism71
05-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Thank you Jim, I know you know all about style experimentation, it's been great to look at all your work lately;):)
Thank you SCP, good luck with your PC!:):cool:
Thank you Bumble, Always nice to hear from you and thank you for your wonderful comment:):)
Well een, you may be one of the happiest people I've ever met but you certainly are greedy! LOL:);)
Thank you for the Awesome comment Belvrog, glad you liked it!:D:D
Thank you jbyr, If this place was mine to rent, I wouldn't rent it! LOL ;):D
Yes Lee, back in the days when things were so simple and people used paint brushes and stretched canvas! AAHhhhh, those were the days...Thank you for the great comment!:):)
Robert, Always great to hear from you, thank you for the comment friend!:);)

pai
05-14-2009, 03:23 PM
I am dreaming take a walk in a spring foggy morning when I see this painting. Very soothing view and well painted. I like it. :)

Sketchism71
05-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Thank you Pai! :):)