PDA

View Full Version : SPEEDPAINTS ETC_Finished.

Pages : [1] 2

SCP
05-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Hi,thought I would start doing some AR speedpaints.Just to practice design and get ideas down etc.Not really focusing on a finished painting.I think thumbnail sketches are good to do as well.I'm very guilty of overworking one idea so this is a good exercise for me.
O.k this one,I used crayon tool and some layer styles.Total time was about 35mins.Any comments,questions etc are most welcome,

Cheers,
Scott.

P.S I'm also adding sketches/concept work.I hope you enjoy your visit.;)

byroncallas
05-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Scott - it's a cool visual; amazes me you did in 35 minutes (I'm slow as growing grass). Looking at it I get the feeling I'm inside a spinal chord. ;):D:)

MICHELHUBERT
05-06-2009, 12:02 AM
All is light and shadows. Many light but no much shadows? Some contrast should be good! I hope help you...;)

weembaman
05-06-2009, 05:06 AM
Very nice, this painting is fun to look at. I imagine flying over it and seeing lighted caves and tall buildings surrounded by craters...

SCP
05-06-2009, 10:22 AM
byroncallas Hey thanks!I find for me I can waste alot of time when painting drawing.I'm always trying this and that and then later maybe go back to what I had earlier or wish I could go back lol.So this time I set the clock ,work on a small canvas and just work on shapes and form.Now I look at this image a day later and see heaps of possibilities:)Maybe you could give it a go as well?;)
MICHELHUBERT thankyou for your feedback,yes your right the painting needs more contrast,but I think there is enough there for the mind to fill in the blanks;) Very nice of you to drop by.
weembaman once again I like your response,that a basic image I painted can get your imagination flowing, to me that's fantastic!:D

byroncallas
05-06-2009, 11:48 AM
byroncallas Hey thanks!I find for me I can waste alot of time when painting drawing.I'm always trying this and that and then later maybe go back to what I had earlier or wish I could go back lol.So this time I set the clock ,work on a small canvas and just work on shapes and form.Now I look at this image a day later and see heaps of possibilities:)Maybe you could give it a go as well?;)

Scott - you gave me a chuckle; you remind me of, well, ME. :D I can't tell you the number of times I version a painting to finally settle on the direction about 20 versions back. If I don't version-save often, I'm sunk. I've made it a habit now to version constantly and go back later to embrace versions that were sparks of ideas that had to be abandoned at the moment to stay true to the idea at hand. ;)

Agree, heaps of possibilities with the exercise - like maybe a million, give or take;). It can be carried in so many directions. If you follow any of those I hope you'll post. It is fun and (for me) educational to see what gets hatched from other artists incubating eggs. Thanks for the offer to give it a go. I'm going to download, stare at it for a while, then walk away and let it develop in Imagination's nest. Let's see what happens. I can assure you it may look so different from the starting point as to be unrecognizable, much like a duck doesn't look much like an egg. But I promise the animal will contain the full complement of chromozomes present when the egg was laid ;):D:).

Catch ya later. And meanwhile, Crabby turned out awesome. Perhaps he and Dogman will become pals.

SCP
05-06-2009, 04:37 PM
So I'm not alone?! lol:D
Hey Byron that would be cool if you take this image and work your magic on it.;)
If anyone else wants to use this as a start to their painting go for it,be interesting to see where it leads.If you like you can download the original AR file and have a play.http://www.mediafire.com/?zimh0zengcg

Here is another Speedpaint this time right on 30mins.

Caesar
05-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Speed painting seems to be fitting Your creativity and both are really tasty and evocative views inviting You to discover what's beyond the oniric veils!

byroncallas
05-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Scott, Like the second too. Perhaps post the AR link for download on it???; I see some ideas for it too. :D

PS: Crabby's getting good PR on that thread. He's a winner.

Taron
05-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Lovely stuff, I really like them a lot! The beauty of speedpaints is the weird sense of sincerity that somehow melts into the paint. Sincere art! :)

sunsetdreams711
05-07-2009, 05:37 AM
the second looks like a deep scary forest. i like to speed paint also being i don't have much patience lol. i really liked it.

Little_John
05-07-2009, 06:06 AM
I'm trapped...I am made to walk these lonely caverns, but I've stopped, only for a moment because I can feel a touch of the sun that must still be above me and it's shining, bouncing, shining, reflecting and I can almost feel it. I can feel the memory of it, but now I must continue working my way through the caverns till I can find my way out...but that sun, the memory of sun, it feels wonderful...I think I'll stay here awhile.

Damn! I think I love it. I mean really. At first I peeked at it. Saved it to my computer to get a better look. Then I decided to post a reply. All that up there just came out...dude, that's cool. ***I should have, but I did not edit a word of what I wrote, just let it flow***

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I've never had a picture have that effect on me before.

Sketchism71
05-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Cool effect SCP. Great practice... I like doing stuff like this;)

SCP
05-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Caesar Thanks mate,yes I find it hard to stop painting at that point where the painting beckons you to do more lol;)

byroncallas Really glad you like the 2nd one almost didn't post it,sorry I forgot to mention your last post comment on Crabby and Dogman being pals not sure if that would work out lol;)
Your wish is my command ,Byron here is the link to 2nd paint http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xr2m2f3jqfm

Looking forward too seeing what you come up with.:)

Taron Hey thanks so much for dropping by,yes I think your right.;)
I just put my music on and chill while I paint until the time limit is up.

sunsetdreams711 Thankyou I'm glad you like it.:)
Speedpaint is great,it's just the hardest thing for me is to stop,I see too many errors or things to fix so I go by the clock,the clock is boss ahahaha.
Little_John Mate that is awesome what you wrote,bit scary cause you actually got into my head on that one.The background to me almost looks like the way out, 2 smaller light sources lighting almost rocky stairs leading out to the surface.The more I looked at it, thats what I see.I'm over the moon it had any kind of effect on you,good or bad,to me that's what Art is about.To evoke emotion,thought ect.If you look at Artwork and feel nothing or indifferent what's the point?
O.k shutup Scott that's enough :olol
Thanks Little_John for letting it flow:);)

Sketchism71 So Cool to have you drop by,maybe we could start a Speedpaint Art project club?;) Hey you changed your Avatar?

Anyone is welcome to use those AR files as they see fit,take it to any direction you want.So if you don't have any ideas(Artist Block),could be a good way to get started.Hope it can help someone, at any rate you can see my method to the final images here.Please Post what you come up with:D
Links again: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8ec8dbba6ed5a0666b21be4093fab7acd706676d 96a79f00b8eada0a1ae8665a

Belvrog
05-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Hi SCP,

really cool speedpaints. I especially like the first one for its mood. Great!

byroncallas
05-07-2009, 12:27 PM
byroncallas Your wish is my command ,Byron here is the link to 2nd paint http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xr2m2f3jqfm
Looking forward too seeing what you come up with.:)
Links again: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8ec8dbba6ed5a0666b21be4093fab7acd706676d 96a79f00b8eada0a1ae8665a

Hey Scott, I've downloaded both files. I'll come up with something sooner or later. Will be fun. Meanwhile, I don't understand why no one else sees
Crabby's warm and wonderful side. They just need to sit down and talk with him for a while. Just don't mention boiling water. :D

jbyrjbyr1
05-07-2009, 12:40 PM
These are really cool. For some reason they take me back to my "youngin" days when the Grade B science fiction and horror movies were both bad and compelling (or compellingly bad???). Although I can't see them in your work, I just KNOW that there are...things...skulking just out of sight; things with an insatiable taste for_______________ (fill in the blank: possible options include but are not limited to...blood; radioactivity, water, slaves,the planet, Earth women---scantily clad, of course--or whatever else you can think of). :rolleyes:
Whew; talk about a Saturday afternoon matinee flashback! :eek:

Okay, okay; I was gone for a moment but I'm back now. Great speedpainting SCP; love the moody style.
jb

Sketchism71
05-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Sketchism71 So Cool to have you drop by,maybe we could start a Speedpaint Art project club?;) Hey you changed your Avatar?

That would make a really cool art project SCP. It's amazing how much can be learned in a quick painting (or how frustrating it can be). Yes, my avatar changed, I always feel like I need to change things up a bit... you should see the furniture in my house - always moving it around - drives my wife nuts!

SCP
05-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Hey Scott, I've downloaded both files. I'll come up with something sooner or later. Will be fun. Meanwhile, I don't understand why no one else sees
Crabby's warm and wonderful side. They just need to sit down and talk with him for a while. Just don't mention boiling water. :D

Really hope you have fun with it Byron,and yer I won't mention boiling water around Crabby lol Anyway I have heaps more weird and wacky Creatures,monsters and things to draw and paint.:D
jbyrjbyr1 yer I know what you mean,as a kid I use to sneak out to the lounge and plug a headphone into the TV and watch the after Midnight Horror flicks.Scary times!:o
Sketchism71 I see there is a what can you paint in 30mins in the Art project section,would my idea clash?O.k now we know you enjoy moving furniture around LOL:D

Another Speedpaint,this time a bit more abstract.
Thanks for dropping by.:)

sabena
05-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Hi SCP

Wonderful effect :) good work and i like the second:D

Little_John
05-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Scott, aside from saying that's a pretty cool speed painting, I've got nothing this time. I think the last one took it all out of me :rolleyes:.

Looks kind of like a new monster maybe...rising out of some fog or something. Cool.

Oh, here's something you might enjoy. Odd little program than Android Jones uses a lot. It kind of helps with those 'creative blocks'.

http://al.chemy.org/download/

mark b.
05-08-2009, 01:50 AM
Scott, fantastic work. Impressionistic works are my favorite style and you nailed this one. As I look at it my mind see's a boat with hooded figures on board going through a creepy thick fog. Gives me chills.

Sketchism71
05-08-2009, 02:55 AM
Cool! I definitely see something screaming to become a recognizable form in that last one...It's amazing the control an artist can have on a viewers imagination.

I forgot about that 30 min. thread in the projects. You can probably still do something similar if you can add an "SCP" twist to it. Either way, these are way cool.:cool:

Also - cool link little john, I will have to check that out:cool:

Mairzie Dotes
05-08-2009, 06:18 AM
SCP,
All are fantastic expressions with different emotions surfacing as they are
viewed. Creative freedom can be a wonderful journey and release for the
mind and soul. Well painted! :)

pai
05-08-2009, 07:10 AM
I really like the forest painting. Beautiful palette and very magical feel. Like seeing fairies inside it. :)

SCP
05-08-2009, 10:01 AM
sabena Thanks so much for leaving feedback;):)
Little_John I understand after your last story It's no wonder you are tired ;)Hey thanks for the link, I will give it a try.Thanks mate!:):)
mark b. Wow sparked some imagination there, nice,I didn't see that at all,that's great Mark!Maybe you could paint it?;);)
Sketchism71 Hey ,yer I think my take is different enough,got a few ideas to mix it up,so I would love it if you would join whenever you get time.I thought about 2 sections first the speedpaint and then the 2nd section pick one of the speedpaints and turn that into your final painting that you can spend as much time as you wish,maybe once a week?You could do either or both sections doesn't matter.
Mairzie Dotes thankyou for your kind words,creative freedom has always been important to me.:)
I was always in trouble with my Art teachers and lecturers:(:confused:(many moons ago)
Hi pai,yes thats what I was feeling in the last 5mins of actually painting it,I was going to name it Magical Forest :)

I was thinking of doing a Video tutorial of doing a speedpaint in AR,might help someone out ,or show some methods I use.
Thanks again everyone.:D

SCP
05-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Had time today so I have put up my very first video here http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?p=179838#post179838

Hope it is worthy?

imsick78
05-09-2009, 01:17 AM
hey love it ive been doing quickies my self just 2 get my ideals out & 2 help with the pain these r really deep the 1st one i cant take my eyes off of it ((great work)) :D:D:D

byroncallas
05-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Had time today so I have put up my very first video here http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?p=179838#post179838 Hope it is worthy?

Hey Scott, great first video. I've gotta try that.

Great to hear your voice.:) Loved seeing and hearing your after-the-fact review. For your second video maybe you can do a full work in progress? I think I've seen some of these where they are speeded up so you can watch a full painting completed before your eyes in only a few minutes. Make more.:cool:

Oh, and it was great to see Dogman now has his own production company. :D

Rob in Denver
05-09-2009, 01:33 AM
I think speedpainting is great ( I don't do too much else really) because it can leap ahead of your rational, conscious mind and stop you from providing all the details, leaving it for the viewer to do ( makes them a participant that way).
The first one here draws you right in--where am I? What are these shapes and shadows I can't quite make out?? For me, it is a dreamscape, perhaps with two alien spirit beings examining a test tube TV from the 50s, in a neitherworld. ( hey, you see whatever you see, alright?)
I would have been thrilled with doing your painting if it took hours and hours.
I like it alot!

SCP
05-09-2009, 02:50 PM
imsick78 Wow thanks heaps!:D Yes the first one is my fav too;)
Byron thanks, glad you liked my little video:) Did you have any issues downloading etc?? First time have used that upload site.
Since you asked I do have a WIP video in progress:eek: Think it won't have audio.I will also speed the video up to keep file size down.If there is enough interest I have some ideas for other Tutorials,that I wouldn't mind doing.
I thought you might like Dogman productions lol:D

Rob in Denver Yes,thats when a Speedpaint can become anything for anyone,it's great when the viewer makes up the rest of the image in their mind.AR users stopping by and leaving comments,sharing their thoughts and sometimes stories sparked by an image I did,thats great!:):) Thanks mate ;)

I thought I would just keep posting my more Abstract faster paints here.Anything under 1 hour anyway.Hope this is o.k?

Next painting I dedicate to Little_John.He posted a link for a little program http://al.chemy.org/download/ (http://al.chemy.org/download/)
Which I used for the next paint.It took me less than 10mins to get some very weird shapes,then I imported the file into AR2.5 and spent 40mins painting ect to get this image.Hope you like it.
Thanks again Little_John !:D

byroncallas
05-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Byron thanks, glad you liked my little video:) Did you have any issues downloading etc?? First time have used that upload site.
Since you asked I do have a WIP video in progress:eek: Think it won't have audio.I will also speed the video up to keep file size down.If there is enough interest I have some ideas for other Tutorials,that I wouldn't mind doing.
I thought you might like Dogman productions lol:D

No problem downloading at all. Came through perfect. In fact, I was going to ask you how you liked the site. Looks good at first glance.

Great re: second video. Let us know when it's ready for downloading.

Who could possibly beat Dogman productions :D

I like the new quickie abstract. What does Crabby think? ;):D

Best,
Byron

Sketchism71
05-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Whoa Scott...That's cool!:cool: Like shattered glass expanding outward from an intense explosion.:D:D

SCP
05-10-2009, 02:19 PM
No problem downloading at all. Came through perfect. In fact, I was going to ask you how you liked the site. Looks good at first glance.

Great re: second video. Let us know when it's ready for downloading.

Who could possibly beat Dogman productions :D

I like the new quickie abstract. What does Crabby think? ;):D

Best,
Byron

Hey thanks for the feedback on my video:D:D
Byron that site is very easy to use my end and free,I'm sure there are heaps of others but this one is dead simple to use and seems fast.
Also put two more Speedpainting videos up and they are very small files around the 4 MB size :eek::eek: No audio,which might make alot of people happy;):p(No Aussie accent to listen too)
Link is in my Sig.:D
I will have to ask Crabby about the Abstract next time I see him,he might of caused that destruction with His Bad Breath??:p:D

Sketch Thanks mate!:):)

This Speedpaint something different,not a landscape this time.
Also put up a video creating this image.Real time about 20mins.
Hope you get a kick out of it?

Cheers,
Scott.

byroncallas
05-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Great Scott. I'll check out the new videos.
There's nothing more soothing than an Aussie voice. You'll have to dub in later :D
The new speedpaint seems quite detailed for a 20 min. effort. Very cool. Will enjoy watching the vidwo.
Tell Crabby to gargle before going out in public.
Catch you latter.
Byron

SCP
05-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Hi Byron,thanks for dropping by;) Hope you got a kick out of the vids.
I have had some down time doing boring PC formatting etc.
So time to update this post.
Not happy with this one,but I think I have an idea to recycle it for another image.

byroncallas
05-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Hi Byron,thanks for dropping by;) Hope you got a kick out of the vids.
I have had some down time doing boring PC formatting etc.
So time to update this post.
Not happy with this one,but I think I have an idea to recycle it for another image.

Been hecktic the last few days, but I'm gonna get to those additional vids.:)
This pic is fun - lots developed so rapidly - cool shapes and wicked atmospheres - seeds of many possible directions. Crabby may be lurking in there somewhere.

Mairzie Dotes
05-15-2009, 07:48 PM
SCP,
My first impression while viewing this was that of a deep abyss, sinister
sea urchin gone wild. Dark and foreboding is this creature as he sluggishly
oozes forward, poisonous tentacles moving, undulating, groping, intent on
wrapping his arms in death's embrace to those who might innocently
venture too close. :eek: Love the creature design and murky blues! :)

Taron
05-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Great new stuff there!
Alchemy is fun, too! Thanks a lot for posting the link! :)

Bizarre...it's kinda like the old cloud game, except now it's all your fault, haha! :D

Sketchism71
05-16-2009, 03:41 AM
Excellent SCP! Keep em coming... I luv em!:cool:

SCP
05-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Been hecktic the last few days, but I'm gonna get to those additional vids.:)
This pic is fun - lots developed so rapidly - cool shapes and wicked atmospheres - seeds of many possible directions. Crabby may be lurking in there somewhere.

hehehe yer a new game "where's Crabby?";)

Great new stuff there!
Alchemy is fun, too! Thanks a lot for posting the link! :)

Bizarre...it's kinda like the old cloud game, except now it's all your fault, haha! :D

So true Taron,Clouds are great fun.Thankyou for dropping by.:)
Also wanted to say I have always liked your 3D visual creations ,amazing!!
I'm a Hobby Lightwaver:o

Sketch thanks, glad you like them.:)

O.k with this image, I went back and recycled the grey value of the previous Speedpaint.I also uploaded a little video showing the process(speedup of course) with audio.It's only a 12 MB Rar file.Which can be found here http://www.mediafire.com/file/yongmk0m2yz/Speedpaint_Trans.rar

Hope you enjoy it.

sabena
05-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Good work:D and wonderful and mystical painting:)

Lee
05-17-2009, 02:08 AM
Dear SCP, fantastic paintings but sort of make me itch,:D, the blue prickley one my favorite:)

weembaman
05-17-2009, 04:21 AM
Excellent painting...well done....:)

SCP
05-17-2009, 10:02 AM
Thankyou sabena,weembaman great to have you leave feedback:D
Hey Lee very sorry to make you itch...lol,thanks for the support;):)
I hope to post more soon.

pai
05-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Looks like alien spaceship or even a giant alien. Very nice sci-fi creation and I like this color palette. :)

Sketchism71
05-18-2009, 04:49 AM
Very well done SCP! There seems to be a lot going on in this one that makes me want to stare and study it. It seems you have done a great job with sparking the viewers imagination. Very cool!

byroncallas
05-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Hey there Scott: I've been just to darn busy to follow the thread as much as I'd like, but just a quick note to say I keep peeking in and love your work. You've a real knack for the speedpaint thing - awesome impressions.
I'll be back.......

SCP
05-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Thankyou pai,Sketchism71 nice to read your comments:) I think I will get back to that one and do a large scale paint to get heaps of details in.
Byron no worries mate,glad you had time to take a peek,sorry you have been so busy,hope all is well.;)

O.k I posted the next one in my Gallery it started as a speedpaint,then I enlarged it and worked it into a finished painting,thought I would share the before and after here.

Thanks for looking:D

Caesar
05-18-2009, 10:28 PM
A terrificly creative gallery, dear SCP, varied and tasty in all its evocative scenarios! I'm speechless!

Taron
05-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Feels like a bizarre and fantastical underwater seascape! Really neat. It almost screams to have some creatures in it! (or rather "some more" creatures, hehe!)

Kudos! :)

Lee
05-19-2009, 03:11 AM
Dear SCP, yikes!! this last one is so scary i can hardly stand to look a it again,,, and i don't even know why:eek:, very good!:)

Little_John
05-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Scott, wow again! Hey, thanks for the picture dedication. Pretty interesting little program, no?

I'm loving the new stuff. Landscapes, monsters etc...keep em coming.

Sorry, I've not been very active lately...my tablet pc is having issues and I'm still waiting on a disk from HP.

SCP
05-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Caesar very glad you stopped by and looked over my work,thankyou:):)

Feels like a bizarre and fantastical underwater seascape! Really neat. It almost screams to have some creatures in it! (or rather "some more" creatures, hehe!)

Kudos! :)

Thankyou so much Taron ! I know I was thinking that too..I was thinkng o.k what kind of creatures could I have flying,crawling running about in this strange land that could be underwater or above at the same time.
Then I thought no not this time,save it for next time.;) I also was thinking the cliff like features are the LIFE on this world,living tissue always growing and moving.
Lee sorry have to laugh at your response:D Didn't my other painting make you Itch?? LOL Now I have scared you,starting to feel bad:p Thankyou Lee
for your support;)

Little_John yes thanks for the link for that program,I will have to play with it again for sure,I really enjoy using weird shapes as a way of starting paintings.Or at least kick starting my imagination.I'm very happy you are enjoying my work so far.:)
No need to appologise John,these things happen,I have only just reformatted my PC.
The best of luck with fixing your PC Tablet.;)

O.k this time something that shouldn't be scary or give Lee the Itch:p
Going for a mountain lake landscape in this one.

Jim Walsh
05-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Very cool paintings

pai
05-19-2009, 06:33 PM
I really like the second last one. Very sci-fi/fantasy landscape feel to me. Another nice imagination. :)

SCP
05-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Jim Walsh Thankyou:)
Pai Thankyou,yes I agree that is one of my fav as well.To be fair though after the first speedpaint image I then resized and reworked for some hours to get the final image.So I'm happy you like that one:D

I have had a break from Speedpaints as I started a WIP,have posted it in the WIP subject "HillGiant".The idea funnily enough just came from a 10min speedpaint.
I needed a break from Hillgiant today so I decided to do some grayscale speedies,first 2 were around 25mins last one I got carried away,think about 40mins.

byroncallas
05-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Scott - the thread just gets richer and richer. Love the new posts, especially that TERRIFYING landscape :D.

Sketchism71
05-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Those are excellent Scott! I like the gray scale sketches, the architecture's really cool and well done!

SCP
05-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Scott - the thread just gets richer and richer. Love the new posts, especially that TERRIFYING landscape :D.
Hahahaha yer hope it wasn't too "Scary?!!" My friend just got back from NZ and showed me some photo's from his phone and that image stuck in my mind so I thought speedpaint it.;) Thanks again Byron:)
G'day Sketch! Glad you like the gray scales.I like the 2nd one for it's simplicity,but at the same time it has mystery,perspective and light study as a bonus.
This time some colour ones,1st one I was going to upload to cgtalk subject was "seed" but couldn't be bothered,spent about 25mins on it.Thought I would just post it here.
The 2nd image about 45mins.

byroncallas
05-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Scott, the second one is astoundingly good. It seems so rich in complex detail - hard to believe was only 44 minutes. You're kidding, right??? :D
And no kidding, I love it. :)

Sketchism71
05-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Scott... Your paintings have such an intensified imaginative effect. You put just enough detail in them to light the viewers imagination on fire...Awesome!

Jim Walsh
05-28-2009, 04:21 PM
these are great. love seeing them.

screenpainter
05-28-2009, 06:10 PM
very cool... like playgrounds for the mind. Really some amazing great colors and contrast in the recent ones. All are fascinating work.

pai
05-28-2009, 07:11 PM
I like the second one too. Great color and imagation. :)

SCP
05-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi Byron,glad you like the 2nd one .I painted it in a very fast,loose manner and then duplicate layer,then flip and merge.So yes 45mins for that one.:o;) Also remember from my video, I paint most of these on a small canvas so makes it faster as well.
Sketch very nice comments:o,I have also enjoyed your work as well:)
Jim, thanks again ,glad you keep comming back for more:)
gzairborne yes true words,my mind has always been my playground from a young age I spent alot of time by myself..daydreaming.Thankyou;)
Pai ,thankyou,very kind of you to take the time to look and comment:)

I haven't spent much time drawing or on the PC today,but decided to do some quick paints,thumbnail type.I think even some of these rough, free sketches have possibilities,but the main thing is,just a bit of AR fun:D

weembaman
05-30-2009, 05:29 AM
Very well done, I like the four sketches, you have quite an imagination...:):)

SCP
05-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi weembaman,thankyou and so do you.Just look at all the adventures you put Puddy in;):)
A couple more Speedpaints.I'm also rendering one of my earlier Speedpaints every chance I get that I like the design of.I might post some updates in here,since it was created in this post.

SCP
06-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Just a little something.AR2.5 used but I adjusted levels in AW.;)
"EYEFLY":D

weembaman
06-04-2009, 05:51 AM
Very nice ... I like the looks of this one..:)

Krondelo
06-04-2009, 09:19 AM
thats creepy. Haha, loving all the work. I like the blue robot, the last of your four sketches. That made me laugh when I saw the little person in his pinchers.:D

SCP
06-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Hey weembaman,glad to have you drop in,thanks mate;)
Hi Krondelo thanks for the kind words,yer I was fond of that one,just started as a blob paint mark,also liked the first one(lighter blue colour)
Just quickie doodles.
Cheers for looking and leaving comments:):)

Mairzie Dotes
06-04-2009, 07:54 PM
SCP,
Possibly some Visine might help with that "Eyefly" issue. ;)
Original and well painted! :)

Little_John
06-05-2009, 06:22 AM
Scott, still lovin the work. That EyeFly is crazy.

More please.

Keep up the good work.

Belvrog
06-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Wow, really nice and beautiful additions Scott, i especially like HeadFortress_02.jpg and seed. Very good paintings. Eyefly is indeed crazy. cool thread.:)

SCP
06-05-2009, 10:32 AM
SCP,
Possibly some Visine might help with that "Eyefly" issue. ;)
Original and well painted! :)
LOL .:D Thanks Mairzie Dotes:)
Little_John thankyou ,glad you are still looking and enjoying my work.Yer watch out for EYEFLIES!:D
Belvrog Hey,thanks for the incouragement!:)Also I'm reworking HeadFortress_02 ,hopefully when it's finished I can get it printed.Should make a cool Wallpaper as well.

I have really enjoyed this thread,reading comments etc,it's alot of fun for me, so thanks everyone!:)
I hope I can post more interesting images to be looked at.
The next one I did ,closer to my first speedpaints.I used crayon tool on cell shader paper with gray scale then added colours on overlay layers.
I wasted a fair bit of time on this one(mostly my indecisions!),so ended up over 2 hours.
"Escape"

Mairzie Dotes
06-05-2009, 07:47 PM
SCP,
"Escape" really speaks to the inner emotions ... I relate. It is wonderful
to be able to artistically place an emotional theme onto a canvas then
readily identify and connect with the concept. Very well painted! :)

byroncallas
06-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Scott, just catching up as this thread gets better and better and better. All the recent work (well the whole thread really) is inspirational. It's terrific to me how you just keep putting it out there, something new and marvelous just about every day. You rock.
:):D:cool:

weembaman
06-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Nicely done, it looks like he has some decisions to make too....

Sketchism71
06-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Another excellent one Scott! I have never really messed with the blending modes, you appear to really have it figured out. This thread is amazing!

SCP
06-07-2009, 10:25 AM
SCP,
"Escape" really speaks to the inner emotions ... I relate. It is wonderful
to be able to artistically place an emotional theme onto a canvas then
readily identify and connect with the concept. Very well painted! :)
Thankyou Mairzie Dotes,wonderful of you to say.I was hoping this one with the figure would conjure up some emotions and questions.Once again the viewer can make up a story to this one.;)
Byron great to have you catchup,and you really spur me on, with your generous comments.I appreciate every comment, thanks mate;):):)
weembaman thanks mate:)
Sketch glad you like it,great to have you stop by.:)
I think blending modes can be great if you start from a gray scale,quick and dirty way to add colour and effects.
Also you can try lots of different colours etc without damaging your original,when your happy with the result you can just merge the layer down.;)
Thought I would show a sneek peek of Headfortress speedpaint,that I'm reworking into a full painting.I have a long way to go on it,here are some snap shots of one area.The first pic is what I started with,the 2nd pic is the finished speedpaint and the 3rd pic is the reworked painting so far.
Hope you find it interesting??:o

weembaman
06-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the insight..that looks like it would be fun to do and I just might give it a whirl...I'll have to ask Puddy first though...:)

Sketchism71
06-07-2009, 07:37 PM
That is looking awesome Scott! I love the way you seem to let the painting become what it wants to be. That is not an easy thing to do. Great conceptual art!

SCP
06-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the insight..that looks like it would be fun to do and I just might give it a whirl...I'll have to ask Puddy first though...:)

Hey thanks weembaman,also if your interested download and watch my AR videos(flash format) shows a few things I did to get the images here.I show making of the Headfortress here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yongmk0m2yz

Wow Sketch awesome of you to say:oI have really enjoyed looking at your work .;)

I have been doing a few things and decided today to do something a bit different for myself and make some use of the Stencils.I thought Abstracts using Stencils,Airbrush and layers.I experimented with layer settings etc to get these results.Special thankyou to Misterpaint for his stencils.I hope you find them interesting.

SCP
06-09-2009, 04:25 PM
I did a series of these, some were tweaked in AW for different colour channels.The main image was sorely done in ARTRAGE2.5 with use of stencils that merged,flipped resized etc.

Sketchism71
06-10-2009, 04:34 AM
Those are cool Scott. I saw that image once when I was knocked out playing football in High School!:D Great effect!

weembaman
06-10-2009, 04:52 AM
Very nice, Interesting experiment...Well done..

SCP
06-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks Sketch ,mate that would of hurt!;):D
weembaman thankyou:)

I prefer this one,I really see a Demon in the first one of these I posted.:D

byroncallas
06-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Scott, fantastic postings since my last drive-by. I'm wth you - the last is exceptionally stimulating while less demonic. Great stuff in one of the more interesting living threads going here at AR. Taron's got a vibrant one going too. Between the two of you there's enough going on to keep me occupied way past my bedtime:D.

Give Monty my best regards. :D;):)

Best, Byron

SCP
06-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks Byron,Taron has a fantastic daily sketch thread going:)
I will, regarding Monty;)

More images to look at.
Another Abstract I have a system to these now that works well.This one was 30mins in the making.Now that I know what I'm doing lol.
A quickie gray sketch under 30mins.

weembaman
06-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Very nice...I like the colors in the abstract one...well done...

Caesar
06-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Dear SCP, Your creativity and productivity of stunning artpieces is so overwhelming that I got an existential crisis! :cool::):):)

irishrose
06-12-2009, 01:23 AM
Caesar, that is too funny! Where do you come up with these ideas? Wow...

Some of these images are SCARY! (I'm just a big scaredy cat!) I hate tornadoes too, esp where I live, we hear about them way too often. (The last painting reminded me of a tornado... but I see the moon, so now don't know. Hm...)

Lee
06-12-2009, 01:27 AM
Dear SCP, you have an atomic microscope in your studio and put a flea under it? very cool paintings!:)

Little_John
06-12-2009, 01:43 AM
Scott,
Still great. It's really cool that you're doing this. Looking back just to the beginning of this thread you can see the progress and different styles that you use.
Keep em coming and keep up the great work.

Belvrog
06-12-2009, 02:48 AM
Hi Scott.

Really like the newest additions. Wow. Abstract_fingermonster is so well done. Really like the colors you've chosen here and how they work together, It has a nice flow. Also very good work on the refinement of HeadFortress. :cool: Keep it up.

SCP
06-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Wow I have been spending time commenting on other threads,and didn't notice all the comments here:o
Big thankyou,all the comments encourage me to do more and try to improve.Iam very grateful.:):)
weembaman, Caesar,irishrose,Lee,Little_John,Belvrog
Thankyou so much,sorry if I scared you irishrose,yer the Gray scale could be a few different things.;) I do like my Monsters,fantasy,Sci-Fi and just plain weird stuff.So it's more than likely to appear in my images.I love creating the unreal,what may lay in my mind.;)
Ill keep plugging away.:D

SCP
06-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Had fun doing Bluey "What to draw" cartoon style.Inbetween when I needed a break I was doing some more speedpaints and reworked the last Abstract wanted to explore the shapes more and make a final image.
I will upload a larger size to my Gallery I'm actually happy with the way it turned out:eek:Almost good enough for a Desktop wallpaper.At first glance nothing special,but the longer I look at it the more it comes to life.:)

SCP
06-13-2009, 08:23 PM
This is part one Speedpaint a character.Grayscale first then I will add some colour.;)

Belvrog
06-14-2009, 01:46 AM
Both of them are well done Scott. Looking forward seeing the robot in a colored version. Really nice perspective btw.

Sketchism71
06-14-2009, 03:51 AM
Wow Scott, both of these are very dynamic with some pretty cool perspective and depth. The first one, the blue one, I can't help but seeing some kind of human image only the perspective is directly above it looking down on top of his head. You could really create an extreme perspective on the second one with a vanishing background like a building that tapers down into the depth with a street or something way below in the distance. Very cool!

weembaman
06-14-2009, 05:29 AM
excellent, it reminds me of the terminator crawling down the catwalk....:)

screenpainter
06-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Scott, it is amazing to see what you are doing with the fantasy painting genre using artrage. I have to say that your speedpaint tutorial is absolutely the best I have seen. You are not afraid to let people see what you are doing. That was an awesome video capture. Really informative and each step is very clearly seen... this is not the norm with video captures. Great job on the video capture! Just amazing!

SCP
06-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey thanks Belvrog,weembaman!:)
Sketch you see stuff in the blue one I never seen,fantastic!
I actually see a weird city scape that goes into the distance in the yellow orange middle section.I named it "Organic city" because of that.;)
O.k here is part two of "Run Robot Run!"
Hope you like it?

SCP
06-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Scott, it is amazing to see what you are doing with the fantasy painting genre using artrage. I have to say that your speedpaint tutorial is absolutely the best I have seen. You are not afraid to let people see what you are doing. That was an awesome video capture. Really informative and each step is very clearly seen... this is not the norm with video captures. Great job on the video capture! Just amazing!

So Sorry I missed your post, as I was updating.Thankyou kindly,I spent a fair amount of time on the latest video tried to explain myself ,so anyone could follow if they wished too.Apart from Byron I haven't received any feedback,so I was thinking ,my videos suck!:o So I held off doing anymore,they do take some time to do,edit etc.I consider myself a beginner,but I still liked the idea of sharing what I have discovered, it may help someone.
It has made my efforts worthwhile reading your comments gzairborne,thankyou ever so much:):):)

Kind regards,
Scott.

weembaman
06-14-2009, 12:31 PM
I tried to look at your video's but for some reason the wouldn't play on my machine..I was going to mess with it but just haven't had the time..I would like to see them though..I thought maybe it's because your upside down and I'm right side up....???:):)

SCP
06-14-2009, 08:03 PM
weembaman Oh no.. really? I'm very sorry about that.It is in Flash format so if you have a flash player it should play?I'm using a PC (windows XP).
If you have a Mac,not sure?
I use this free media player ,plays almost everything http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ (has a mac version)

Failing that you might need this codec http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp

Once again I'm sorry about the trouble it's the first time I got feedback that my video files won't play.On a PC they play within IE.
Please let me know how you go.:(

All the best,

Scott.

"I thought maybe it's because your upside down and I'm right side up....???:):)"

LOL!:D:D

screenpainter
06-14-2009, 09:00 PM
I had no problem with the file once I got it to download from that site.
I had to sign up for the site to get it to download, but I am on a mac and I saved the file to my desktop... then clicked on the speedpaint.rar file it opened with unarchiver which is the native mac app for unstuffing things it works just like stuffit.
Then opened opened the speedpaint_Trans folder on my desktop.
clicked on the safari icon for the html file Speedpaint_Trans.html.
It opened and played beautifully and seamlessly on my old mac. :)

SCP
06-15-2009, 07:47 PM
gzairborne Thanks for the heads up ,that it works on your Mac and for the instructions.Also just want to add you don't have to join up the download site to get my files.;)

screenpainter
06-16-2009, 07:39 AM
[QUOTE=SCP;189749]gzairborne Thanks for the heads up ,that it works on your Mac and for the instructions.Also just want to add you don't have to join up the download site to get my files.;)[/QUOTE

Scott, oh good. I probably did that flub on my own... :)

SCP
06-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Hi ,just a few quickies,started with a paint blob smeared it a bit(TOP LEFT).Then made a few copies on different layers(rotate and flipped) and spent 10-15mins on each.Just grayscale.Then picked my fav one and spent a few minutes adding some colour.;)

weembaman
06-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Interesting how you do that...You still need a warped mind to bring those figures out..:) Excellent work...

yachris
06-16-2009, 11:33 AM
"A mind not merely twisted, but actually sprained!" -- Douglas Adams

:-)

Great ones, SCP.

Mairzie Dotes
06-16-2009, 11:55 AM
SCP,
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with your painterly mind! Flowers
and birdie's have their place but I also like to get scared on occasion.
(just to break the monotony.) Your images are creative and well painted,
especially the last, colored one. It reminds me of what my pizza delivery
guy looks like when I haven't tipped him! :eek: ;) :)

SCP
06-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Weembaman Hahaha thanks..I think??:p
yachris Thankyou,also nice quote;):)
Mairzie Dotes Thankyou so much,..you really have issues with Pizza delivery guys LOL.:D

Been a little busy lately,so only this one for today:o

Caesar
06-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Dear Taron, You seem to definitely be the alter ego of the great Taron, with these utterly astounding gallery and these last paintings! :eek: Heartfelt Congratulations!:cool::):):)

weembaman
06-19-2009, 06:45 AM
This looks like an early version of Jack and the beanstalk....Well done....:):)

screenpainter
06-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Great additions. Amazing how you mold these out of your imagination. The step by step cyclopedic fish creature was fun to see the evolution from a few strokes.

SCP
06-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Dear Taron, You seem to definitely be the alter ego of the great Taron, with these utterly astounding gallery and these last paintings! :eek: Heartfelt Congratulations!:cool::):):)
Wow Caesar I'm not worthy of your comment:o:o I hope Taron isn't offended? Very honoured by your support Caesar:):):)

Hey weembaman,yer actually that is a good take on it;)Thankyou.:)
gzairborne thanks so much,very kind of you.:)

Here is "THE KEEPER" speedpaint I then finished and put up in my Gallery.So this is the first stage about 20mins in.Thought the first saved image might be of interest?

Cheers,
Scott.

Sketchism71
06-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Hey Scott, Ive been to busy to comment much lately but these are fantastic. Your design process is awesome! I may be quiet but Im still checkin in on stuff!:)

SCP
06-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Hey Sketch no worries mate,very glad you check out my stuff when you can;):)

Bit of a change,had a rest from the mighty Crayon tool.A SciFi landscape used paintbrush and knife.
Thanks for looking.:)

flyashy
06-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Very cool,
This reminds me of all my favorite sci-fi novel covers which they don't make anymore. (nowadays the covers a re so ,..erm..GLITZY!)

oh and, mayhaps, a bit more atmosphere to hide the moon more than now might help the illusion of distance and scale ? it could probably be larger too...

like in the image..lol..not the lego..but you know what I mean..;)

weembaman
06-23-2009, 05:53 AM
I like this one, it looks like the surface of a very hot planet..:)

RobertSWade
06-23-2009, 06:03 AM
Wonderful atmosphere and technique ... and nicely sized for a book cover. :)

Mairzie Dotes
06-23-2009, 07:07 AM
SCP,
This sci fi landscape is mysterious, molten and steamy. It begs one's
mind to create a story and this might be a planet that is in the process
of creating itself. It's volcanic energy and power cannot be contained as
it continues to form it's existence. It seems as if it's surface may be
baron but after the period of painful evolution has ended, the life giving
metamorphosis will be complete. Just love this and well painted! :)

SCP
06-24-2009, 09:02 AM
flyashy Thanks for your crit and feedback.Yes I know what you mean.;)
I didn't want to spend too much time on it,and actually liked the moon a bit more in focus than the norm.
Nice lego:D
weembaman Thankyou,glad you like it.:)
RobertSWade Hey thanks,never thought about it ,just a quick play with paint and knife and now after reading your comment it does look that way lol.;):)
Mairzie Dotes Great description,thankyou kindly:):):)

byroncallas
06-25-2009, 04:10 AM
Bit of a change,had a rest from the mighty Crayon tool.A SciFi landscape used paintbrush and knife. Thanks for looking.:)

Continued great stuff Scott. Si-fi looking good - seems a pretty hot world. The whole thread continues to be a marvel. Meanwhile, how is wintertime down under:D ?

SCP
06-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi Byron,yer winter isn't too bad here,can still wear T-shirt and shorts during the day.Cooler at night.

O.k not much time this week,my better half has been on Holidays.Sorry I haven't had time to check everyone's work out as much as normal.
Today I had time to add these ,hope you like them?
Take care everyone;)

flyashy
06-27-2009, 01:54 AM
Ooo.. the purple floating eyes remind me of Duke Nuk'em!
Great one...makes me want to start shooting at them!!

P.S. Or was it Doom..??

weembaman
06-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Very nice, love the flying eyes. You do have a great imagenation...:)

SCP
06-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Hey flyashy,lol yer I think it was Duke nukem:D

weembaman As always great to have you stop by,thanks mate;):)

Was Speedpainting more characters and come up with this little guy,and made a GIF showing different colours.
Anyway here he is....

SCP
06-27-2009, 05:55 PM
The GIF.....:D

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk303/zed1000/ColourDemon.gif

screenpainter
06-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Awesome work as always. Love the colored versions of the last one. Which just goes to show it is far better to Gif than it is to recieve. Splendid work Scott! Always a pleasure to see your stuff.

weembaman
06-28-2009, 06:43 AM
Excellent work...I like the GIF idea for display, it gives the viewer choices...:)..Well done..

RobertSWade
06-28-2009, 09:50 AM
An amazing body of work ... hard to believe that some of them are speedpaints. :)

Sketchism71
06-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Excellent as always Scott!:D:D

Caesar
06-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Your delightful creations are going on expressing Your amazing universe and talent as well.
This naked shameless little devil risked to be thrown in the underworld of the After 9 if he only had the third finger in the third vertex! :D

Mairzie Dotes
06-28-2009, 09:32 PM
SCP,
I love the way your painterly mind works and "The GIF" is not only an
amazingly "devilish" work of creative, inventive art but this charged up
fellow can also be used as a distress beacon if necessary. How cool is
that! :p ;) Wonderful! :)

Mairzie Dotes
06-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Your delightful creations are going on expressing Your amazing universe and talent as well.
This naked shameless little devil risked to be thrown in the underworld of the After 9 if he only had the third finger in the third vertex! :D

Dear Caesar,
Am I happy to hear that you also noticed this feisty devil's lack of discretion
in the "Gallery" thread though we can take much comfort in the fact that his
"blinkers" aren't lighting up only the "After Nine" parts! :eek: :p ;) :D

sabena
06-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi HCP

fascinating painting :D Wonderful work :rolleyes:

SCP
07-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey thanks gzairborne,weembaman,RobertSWade and Sketch,I really enjoy reading all your comments.;):):):)

Oooops! Sorry I thought the little demon was being a little cheeky,but not after 9 ..naughty:p
Mairzie Dotes Hahaha too funny:D Thankyou:)

sabena Thankyou.;)

O.k the little demon decided to behave and lost some fingers and got his boogie pants on.Maybe only one person would be offended now:rolleyes::D
Hope you like his new look?

weembaman
07-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Awesome, he's getting the Elvis look now, little by little...:):):)..well done...

SCP
07-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Weembaman:D:D
For a change of pace quickie paint tube and Knife paintings.Hope you like them.

SCP
07-03-2009, 10:26 AM
The other one.

weembaman
07-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Very nice, I like them both. I like to sit back and study them, all sorts of pictures come out then every time you see it they stand out...Well done..:)

SCP
07-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Thankyou so much weembaman :):):)

I hope I'm keeping this thread interesting,thought I would also include some doodles/sketches just loose designs etc.I might revisit some of them.I thought this one has enough interest like a collage of 2-10min sketches on the one canvas that's how I did them.
One layer in AR2.5 using Paint Brush and Eraser.
:)

P.s uploaded slightly bigger image than normal for this one.

weembaman
07-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Excellent, I see a few normal looking people in there so there's hope for you...haaaaaaaaa.. I don't know how you can do that in such a short time but I like it...All those sketches of creatures are awesome, Well done..:):):)

Mairzie Dotes
07-05-2009, 10:03 PM
The other one.

SCP,
What a wondrous "movement in blue's" this is. Expressive, emotional and
evocative. Love it and well painted! :)

SCP
07-11-2009, 03:05 PM
weembaman Hey thankyou for all the visits,you are way too kind.Yer the ugly guy on the right hand side is a quick self portrait, so I wouldn't call that normal :p;)

Mairzie Dotes Thankyou,I really enjoyed painting that one,very relaxing.:)

Just a 10min Grayscale using paintbrush and some eyes.Eyes are almost a running theme in this thread lol.:D
I just wanted to test myself on these see how much I could do without reference,used crayon tool for these guys.I call them Naked eyes as they don't have any hair or faces:o:o

Cheers,
Scott.

Mairzie Dotes
07-11-2009, 03:25 PM
SCP,
Without a doubt .... these eye's have it! They seem exude both appealing
and distrubing hypnotic qualities. Excellent grouping of artisticlly rendered
different expressions using only the eye as a model. As someone once said
.... "The eyes are the windows to the soul." Wonderful and very well painted! :)

P.S. The translucent quality is amazingly attractive.

cartuneman
07-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Love your work man I just went through all 15 pages and all I have to say is wow!!! can't wait for more

Sketchism71
07-11-2009, 06:45 PM
I love this thread! I never know what I'm gonna see. Awesome work Scott!;)

michaelw
07-11-2009, 08:17 PM
I really like the black and white "silhouette" sketches.. some very cool exageration of proportions in there!

Those wyes are really "wet".. I'm surprised you didn't join them all up into one big "eyecreature"!

byroncallas
07-12-2009, 02:31 AM
Scott: Having fun catching up on your thread. Great additions since my last visit. I'm blown away by the three eyes. Likewise for that eye in that purple guy thing a few pics up. Michaelw said it well, they are so "wet". Pretty amazing. :)

SCP
07-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Mairzie Dotes Hey ,glad you like my studies,no doubt there will be more to come.Also happy you feel I have conveyed different emotions with the eyes,thats what I was trying to do.;) Thanks again for dropping by:)

cartuneman Thankyou so much,that means a lot,your very kind.:)

Sketchism71 Thanks Sketch glad you still find interest here.Your always welcome Mate;):)
michaelw
"I really like the black and white "silhouette" sketches"
Hey thanks mate, alot of the time B&W get overlooked for bright colour stuff.Some of my own fav stuff is the grayscale work and to be honest most of my work starts that way,so I'm glad you like them.:):)Thankyou for your comments.;)
byroncallas Hey Byron so very cool of you to drop by,thanks for spuring me on to do my thing!!;):):):)

Four 30-50min landscapes.Done with my Warm and Cool Gray picker.Found here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jmlv5n2yklj

Please click on image to inlarge.;)

Juz
07-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Gorgeous and otherworldly, love your warm and cool grey palettes :)

SCP
07-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Hey thanks Juz,your welcome to use them;):)

4th Dimension paint(002) used paint and Knife.

Lima
07-16-2009, 12:33 PM
Fantastic SC. I keep comming back. This 4th dimension painting is:eek::eek::eek:

Juz
07-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Thats very generous of you SCP, Thanks:D:)

Admittedly when i do greyscales myself i do them in the neutral grey and then colour a layer above and mix with a blend mode (like your new tut but with a solid colour layer). Mainly cos I like to see the finished composition before deciding to tone it with warm or cool.

This new piece is great, love the tendril like dead plantlife.:)

SCP
07-16-2009, 01:12 PM
orianelima Thankyou ,I'm also glad you come back!:):) I think your Gallery thread is awesome by the way;)
Juz Yes most of the time I also start with neutral gray,sometimes I like to mix it up and the result can look more interesting as a sketch.Nice method you have too;)
I like your desciption of my latest painting,because to tell the truth I couldn't name it.The AR file was called Fireplants :D so you are right on the money!;):)

Um now for a shameless plug:o
I did a little video tutorial,just a basic one....

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20842

Cheers,
Scott.

weembaman
07-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Excellent work, I enjoy looking at your work..I just watched the video and thanks, It was very informative for me and well done..I watched the one on U-tube and it was fine..:).

chambersecrets
07-16-2009, 04:24 PM
great work your doing here. some of the stencil work looks like it could be album covers for some band (like apc) or something lol. good work!

Juz
07-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Ha haa he's delightful. Love the overalls. :D:)

Good on you for the tutorial, we all power up learning wise the more we share:D

Sketchism71
07-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Excellent Scott! I could get lost for a long time in the series of the 4 black and white projects! Wow. The "Fire Plants" reminds me of something from Dante's Inferno. Very cool! ... I mean Hot!:D

Mairzie Dotes
07-16-2009, 09:59 PM
SCP,
Your artistic talents never fail to amaze nor run low of fantastic
creations. Your art works are wonderful and I am thoroughly enjoying
this thread. :)

SCP
07-18-2009, 10:42 AM
weembaman, chambersecrets ,Juz ,Sketchism71 ,Mairzie Dotes Thankyou for your great support,has really helped me stay motivated.Also thankyou for the comments regarding the video too;):):)

I was thinking about fear as the subject and wanted my angle on it,so I came up with this guy.Just thinking ALL things could be fearful at some stage?(no matter how nasty looking lol)
AR2.5 100% straight from my mind to AR canvas.

Have a great weekend everyone!!:D

Lima
07-18-2009, 11:14 AM
Scott, fantastic wet green figure:eek:

weembaman
07-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Excellent...Just how many of these things do you have living in your head..? It must be hard to go to sleep at night...Very nice, well done...:):)

RobertSWade
07-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Been awhile since I visited here. Love all the new additions Scott. :)

Juz
07-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Gorgeous Character. To me he looks like he might be getting told off by his parents :)

Sketchism71
07-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Nice one Scott! You are excellent at making things wet (painting that is...lol)! Love the teeth too!

screenpainter
07-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Wow, Scott... these amazing two new characters. Professional quality and very original. Absolutely adorable. These are great additions. I see a movie in the works here. Time to contact Pixar I think. :)

SCP
07-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Thankyou orianelima.:)
weembaman Hahaha I get to sleep o.k ,but I wake up alot!!;):)
RobertSWade Glad you like them.:)
Juz LOL yer could be!:D
Sketch Thanks mate;)
gzairborne Very nice of you,thankyou.:o:):)

O.k something a little different,some grey value faces trying to capture different emotions.Hope it's not too boring sorry about that.
First pictures is how I started these,didn't start as line drawings.
Also after doing these I needed some tube and knife fun for 10mins Bit of colour I hear you say!.... YAY!!
Also wish MR Weembaman a safe stay in Hospital.Hope everything goes well mate.;)

byroncallas
07-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Hey there Scott, just catching up since my last visit and post. Great new stuff. I've been going through the thread looking for your supplies and tutorial downloads, all great assets. I was wondering if you have a tutorial on how you get that GREAT wet look in eyes, etc.? It's quite impressive. I'd love to experiment with whatever is your technique. I've got lots of thoughts for using it in certain abstract compositions. Spill if you get the urge. I'm ready to mop up the floor. :):D;)

Juz
07-22-2009, 07:31 AM
I love the emote pieces.:cool: Would prefer to see them posted side by side horizontally rather than vertically (is that too fussy ?).:)

SCP
07-22-2009, 10:01 AM
G'day Byron!
Thankyou glad you like my new works.
Hmmm the wet look,I didn't think I was any good at that,but I'm happy to share what I know(which isn't much;))I think it would look neat in some of your new paintings.:)Would you like a video with Aussie slang?:p

Juz Hey thankyou for stopping by,no your not too fussy, I prefer it as well.My stuff up ,does this look better? ;)

weembaman
07-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Excellent work, you amaze me, I like the one that looks like he was eating lemons....:):):)

Lima
07-22-2009, 01:24 PM
SC, wow, very nice indeed:eek: perfect signs of emotions

byroncallas
07-22-2009, 03:44 PM
G'day Byron!
Thankyou glad you like my new works. Hmmm the wet look,I didn't think I was any good at that,but I'm happy to share what I know(which isn't much;))I think it would look neat in some of your new paintings.:)Would you like a video with Aussie slang?:p

You lie. You KNOW you're a wet-look genius. :D:D:D:D:D:D;)
I couldn't live without your Aussie accent. Just let me know where to get that video and I'm there. :D:D:)

SCP
07-24-2009, 05:51 PM
weembaman Hehehe... yer I like that one too;)
orianelima Thankyou .:)
byroncallas Hahaha..no one has EVER called me a Genius:o:o:o(wet-look one either;))As always your very kind to me.

This update I include a Video Tutorial that Byron asked for.I split it into 2 parts,kepted the files small and short as not to bore you too much.I hope I make some sense:confused::confused: First vid is a short overview and the 2nd is a quick paint.

Videos are in Shockwave Flash format.
Download and Unzip then inside folder Double click IE icon.Or use a Flash player.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mzmhzoh2nun

http://www.mediafire.com/?mtnncv3duzm

Oh and here is this Guy!:D

D Akey
07-25-2009, 06:07 AM
Was just appreciating your 3 facial expressions in black and white.

Remove the middle one and you have the classic theatrical image of Comedy and Tragedy. Don't see it much anymore. But they often where shown overlapping a little for unity.

However, I like the additional facial expression -- that personification of lack of skill and inspiration and sees the theatrical arts as nothing but an incestuous stem cell body to be sold for parts. It's like the new third archetype of theater - the Idiot Child born of incestuous story formulas leading to genetic deterioration.

Announcing!!!! The Great Theatrical Triumvirate:
Comedy, Tragedy and introducing Hackman, their Idiot Child.
-- In theaters everywhere.

Not to say your paintings are less than terrific. Very well painted. Just that my take is sorta editorial relative to the above free association it took in my head.

You can definitely paint!

SCP
07-27-2009, 11:21 AM
D Akey hey thankyou for your feedback,I think I understand what your getting at.
The middle face was chosen mainly because I have never tried to paint that emotion,the bite one's lip contemplation look.I'm really pleased my faces evoked your thoughts.;):)

Juz
07-27-2009, 12:42 PM
SCP way better thank you :D:)

Love the robot, terrific character shining through as usual, you have a gift mate. :)

SCP
07-28-2009, 06:40 PM
G'day Juz,
Glad that's better;) You are very kind...thankyou.:o:)
Did a few more rough characters based on the same object as before with the Heart Robot.
Still working on some slow paints,so these were a nice break.:D

SCP
07-28-2009, 06:42 PM
And More????...:eek:

Juz
07-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Oh you definitely need to render all of those guys in colour. Fantastic:cool::)

Sketchism71
07-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Hey Scott... First off, the faces are fantastic. Full of expression and emotion!

Your most recent post of the morphing blob absolutely shows not only your artistic ability but your ability to draw / paint from the brain. All of those (actually most of your artwork) would be great portfolio designs because they highlight your capacity to create. I like the 2nd one..."Sphincter Blob" Hahaha!:D:D

Caesar
07-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Your B&W experiments and expressions studies are terrific and instructive!

Mairzie Dotes
07-29-2009, 07:17 PM
SCP,
OMG!!! Your latest posts are raving wonderful ... you have me laughing and
admiring your artistry ... all at the same time! Just love the three faces and
I KNOW THOSE EXPRESSIONS! That is EXACTLY what someone looks like after
eating a peppery (and then some!) bowl of my homemade FIREHOUSE CHILI!

The adorable, heart embellished robot has captured my affection. Love them all
and well painted! :)

SCP
08-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Juz Thanks for the cool feedback! Yes I might have to add some colour;):)

Sketchism71 Thanks mate I'm glad you think so.Hahaha perfect name you came up with too ..."Sphincter Blob" :D
Thankyou for the comments regarding a portfolio.I still need to improve first.
Caesar Thankyou ,that is very kind of you,glad it is interesting.;)

Mairzie Dotes That is wonderful to read,because I was LOL as I was painting some of them (specially Sketch's Fav):DThey were fun,from a very boring object into something interesting.
Oh NO not the FIREHOUSE CHILI hehehe.The Heart Robot is also my girlfriend's fav too.Thankyou kindly Mairzie.:):)

Some quickies ideas etc..

Mairzie Dotes
08-01-2009, 09:41 PM
SCP,
Your latest "quickie ideas" would be "longie endeavors" if I were to make the
painterly attempt. I would still be laboring over attempting to paint for example,
the male warrior with spear. Excellent sketch and ..... must also comment on
the ... the ... the ... "man-insect with attitude?" My first thought when viewing
this amazing, imaginary species that has crawled out of the painterly recesses
of your brush was ... boy ... what an inventive new slant on the mythological
Centaur and since you have not yet given this new species a title ... may I offer
a name for him? How about ..."Entomotaur", taken from the Greek definition of the
word, Entomoid, meaning insect or bug. This creative and feisty man-bug warrior
deserves a title of Art Rage statis and I think "Entomotaur" has a nice ring to it.
Whattaya think? :)

Belvrog
08-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Fantastic additions Scott. Especially FourthDimension_002.jpg and your 4 30-50min landscapes are mindblowing. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

SCP
08-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Mairzie Dotes Hi,hmmm.."Entomotaur"very cool,I like it.:D
Thankyou for naming him.Mythology is great subject matter for me to work out some designs etc.I will have to revisit Entomotaur and do painting with him in it,thanks again.;):)

Belvrog Hey mate,thankyou kindly for your comments.FourthDimension_002 is still one of my fav speedies,stoked you like the landscapes as well.:)

Let's see,wanted to study non human eyes,so here is another eye.
I used AR2.5 Crayons.
Ill put the cropped version in my Gallery.
Hope you guys like it?

Mairzie Dotes
08-04-2009, 06:29 PM
SCP,
OMG! This eye is absolutely amazing!!! I feel as if "something" primitive
has just stepped out of the brush and is assessing my presence while
wondering .... should I befriend her or .... HAVE HER FOR LUNCH! :eek: The
natural glisten and reflective, mirror like quality that you have so skillfully
painted is quite captivating .... as if I can't stop staring at it as it stares
at me and .... who will blink first is now the question! Love this! :)

Caesar
08-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Really great sketch additions and that mynotaur staring at me .....:eek::)
What a display of a huge talent, dear friend!

SCP
08-06-2009, 11:17 AM
WOW 700 posts! I must love this site alot!!:D:D
Mairzie Dotes Hehehe wonderful and too funny "Have her for Lunch!" lol:D
Thankyou for your kind comments:)
Caesar Hahaha yer staring right at you,thankyou Caesar.;)

More Speedies Landscapes to start with (20min max).(Please click on image to enlarge)
Also some Speedie Creature designs,fantasy world type.

Got to get back to drawing,take care everyone.;)

Scott.

Lima
08-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Hey Scott... I always follow this fantastic tread. Your work is fantastic. That "Sphincter Blob" wow very nice indeed.:D:cool::)

sandyg
08-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Wow, really enjoyed going through this thread.
Downloaded video tutorial, thank you.
Amazing creations. Loved the flashing gif, some I could see in a pixzar movie. Simply great.

Jim Walsh
08-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Great post. I love browsing through here.

Mairzie Dotes
08-06-2009, 05:10 PM
SCP,
As always ... fantastic new paintings in shades of grey that evokes
whispers of intrigue, sinister forces and whimsey that I can connect
with ... especially the last wild locked character because ... my long
hair looks EXACTLY LIKE THAT when I wake up in the morning!!! :eek: ;) :)

screenpainter
08-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Great work in your thread. Fun to see it all. I really love the horse's eye. Beautiful.

SCP
08-10-2009, 01:33 PM
orianelima Thankyou so much!;) Hahaha The "Sphincter Blob" is gaining a fan base ,keep an eye out for it's return!:D:D

sandyg Thankyou Sandy wonderful comments,I hope the video was o.k?

Jim Walsh Hi Jim,thankyou for dropping by ,I appreciate your visit.:)

Mairzie Dotes Had to chuckle at your hair comment:D,thankyou,always a delight to read your comments.:):)
gzairborne Thankyou Albert,great to have you look at my work.;):)

Today's update,had the urge to do some cartoon characters.This little guy came to me when I was looking at getting some compost worms.
Hope you like Wormy.

Silentman
08-10-2009, 01:45 PM
He's crazy Scott, great detail in the eyes ever so expressive.

He's like saying "who me" but but but, me! why me lol, oh Oh you want me to go into your compost, Phew!! i thought you were gonna stick me on that nasty looking hook in your hand lol

Great Stuff Scott hehehe

Sketchism71
08-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Hey Scott! Your latest entries are fantastic. The "non-human" eye is incredible!:eek: Your eye studies are really paying off! Wow! Wormy's flesh colored skin tone freaked me out a little...he kinda jumps off the monitor at ya! lol! Very well painted! By the way, I finally figured out why your speed paint videos didn't work for me and I was able to watch some (I keep forgetting to tell you) Amazing! Love your technique..very loose! Talk to you soon!

SCP
08-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Silentman Hey mate,hehehe I like your take on Mr Worm's emotions:cool:;)
Glad you like him:)

Sketchism71 G'day Sketch,thankyou so much for your feedback,always welcome.Nice to hear I might be improving.
What was the problem you had with the videos?
Well thanks for making the effort to watch them ,I hope after your effort,it was worth it lol:D

Just did these today so might as well put them here.

First... Abstract painttube&Knife painting.
The next one is for Sketch,Oriane and all fans of "Sphincter Blob":p

D Akey
08-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Great stuff. Fanciful and really well realized. More more more. :):):)

Mairzie Dotes
08-10-2009, 07:45 PM
SCP,
I wish you would tell us what you eat or what vitamins you take because
whatever you are doing to continually spark your imagination is working in
the most wonderful and creative ways. Love that little worm and great
new additions all! :)

Lima
08-11-2009, 11:31 AM
SC wow. That worm guy is great. The very colorful one is very very nice. But the Sphincter Blob is a winner:D:D:D. Very nice indeed, great sence of humor:eek:

Belvrog
08-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi Scott, just great additions.
You study on the bulls eye is a complete success.
Most of all I love your new landscape creations. Stunning.
And I also really like your worm. Hahaha great.

sandyg
08-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Great Additions SCP and the video worked fine thank you.

RobertSWade
08-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Always a fun thread to visit Scott. :)

Silentman
08-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Lol takes a real sense of humor to make that subject funny (Sphincter Blob) and you've mastered lol

Sketchism71
08-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Right on Scott! From conception to life... Sphincter Blob emerges to stake his rightful claim as a top notch, one of a kind character of the new world! Awesome!

As far as the videos... I thought I had installed zip software on my PC, which normally would have just opened up the file but come to find out...it was never installed. Weird, because I could have sworn I had unzipped files before on that PC... Oh well, figured it out and all is good!

SCP
08-15-2009, 09:36 AM
D Akey ,Mairzie Dotes,orianelima,Belvrog,sandyg,RobertSWade,Silent man,Sketchism71

Thankyou so much for your feedback and comments,glad you guys still find interest here.;):)

It has been a bit longer than I hoped since my last update.I have been out of work for ages and getting into my Art(getting poorer for it thou)
This week some Freelance work came my way,Arch Viz stuff.So I had to start that,might have more work after this job,so might not be here as often as I would like:(:(:(

O.k Ill finish by posting some stuff I didn't have time to upload this week.First a fast Landscape trying a different style(10mins) The 2nd is a few hours of putting some of the earlier characters I did into a Concept.I was thinking a Comic book etc.

Take care everyone,

Scott.

SCP
08-15-2009, 09:37 AM
The 2nd one.
Please click on JPG.

sandyg
08-15-2009, 11:05 AM
That landscapes very good for 10min. Love your character one the little dudes with the purple hair, great work SCP.

Mairzie Dotes
08-16-2009, 01:42 PM
SCP,
What a great thread and artistry. The landscape is clean, expansive
and uncluttered so that only the beautful colors and shapes take
center stage and ... just love the latest fantasy figures posing cliff side
and the added details in the lower right, tall mountainous sphere with
added "living quarters" is no doubt where they might rest, partake in boil
and brew, eye of newt-toe of frog livation (their favorite!) and possibly
a repose where the "twins" could enjoy an occasional hair cut? ;) :D :)

byroncallas
08-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Continued great stuff Scott - had fun catching up. You gotta admit Sphincter Blob is a winner - fits right in with the crew. ;):D

This remains one of the more absorbing threads in the forum - a place I know I can always come and find wonderful new surprises from your fertile, imaginative, creative genius. This visit was no exception. GREAT STUFF all around.

Catch you on the run - you know what I mean. ;)

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Alexandra
08-16-2009, 01:58 PM
I really enjoyed looking at your beautiful and talented artwork SCP. You are fantastic.

SCP
08-27-2009, 08:00 PM
sandyg Thankyou very much:)
Mairzie Dotes Hehehe love the haircut line.I got a kick out of reading your comments,very nice of you ,thanks again.;):):)
byroncallas Hey mate I really appreciate you finding the time to have a look and leave comment,I know your very busy;)Thankyou for your very kind generous words:o:)
Alexandra Wow thankyou,your very kind.:):)

Hi been away from Artrage I'm afraid for a little bit:eek:
Today had some time to finish and start some AR stuff,so Ill post them and maybe my next update won't be so long apart.
A Quickie Character concept and a Landscape painting using oils/knife.

Take care Guys&Gals.

SCP
08-27-2009, 08:01 PM
The landscape.

emiN_Rb
08-27-2009, 08:49 PM
And this was with some ides or not ??

Is very good ! to me, is like medusa's and some alien looking guy in the water :)
Very nice !

heh..this was the comment for the first one :)

The last one "LAndScape" is awesome !!! nice details !!! Especially the grass in the foreground !

Alexandra
08-28-2009, 03:31 AM
Beautiful SCP!

byroncallas
08-28-2009, 03:49 AM
Hey Scott, glad to see you're back for a moment - with a fun little guy, and lovely little landscape. Cool works squeezed in in your spare time.

Come back soon. :)

Mairzie Dotes
08-28-2009, 08:49 PM
SCP,
Your wonderful thread additions are always looked forward to and ...
PINK ELEPHANTS and no parade? ;)
Haven't seen one of those since I overdosed on Ovaltine one dark and
stormy night. What a colorful, painterly pacaderm of wizardry
incantations he is.
The landscape is absolutely beautiful. I sense a journey is beckoning
and many wonderful discoveries about to unfold. For some reason I
became interested in the path of the stream ... it seems to fork off and
take a small detour to the right then converging once more into the main
forward flow and can't help but wonder it's significance if any. So well
painted! :)

SCP
08-30-2009, 08:37 PM
emiN_Rb Thankyou for your comments ,I had no set idea when I did him.
I'm glad you like the landscape thanks again;):)
Alexandra I appreciate you looking and leaving comments on my work,thankyou.:)
byroncallas Hey mate,yer I miss this place and all the lovely AR members.Thankyou Byron.:)
Mairzie Dotes "PINK ELEPHANTS and no parade?" I know what is the world coming too???!!:DI'm going to do more detailing on the Druid.Your comment on the river is very cool by the way ,thankyou!:):)

This time some warmup doodles done in ArtRage,and 2 colour Wet paint Speedpaint in ArtRage.
I hope you find something of interest?

Mairzie Dotes
08-31-2009, 02:24 PM
This time some warmup doodles done in ArtRage,and 2 colour Wet paint Speedpaint in ArtRage.
I hope you find something of interest?[/quote]

SCP,
First entry: Something of interest other than the ever so scary goblins
and critters that bite? Welllllll ... yes! ... I am very attracted to that
good looking fellow in the right ... is he single? :o

Second entry: I am Irish ... green is a glorious color but EEK! :eek: My only
hope is that bug catcher is large enough to accommodate that rather
HUUUUUGE centipede? and can't help but wonder what "it" will do with "it"
if "it" catches "it!" :D Great stuff! :)

Sketchism71
08-31-2009, 02:48 PM
Howdy Scott... Sorry I missed your last post, you slid it right past me.:) Nice to see some art from you again...However, it's probably nice being out getting some work also!;) Grrr, those little things in life like money can certainly get in the way of our fun! Excellent recent additions to your ever growing and awesome thread. Loved the warriors on the cliff and the landscapes are excellent! Doodles are Awesome!

SCP
09-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Mairzie Dotes Hehehe You never know that guy could be.
Glad you like the Bug catcher,the centipede might be his dinner tonight;):)

Sketchism71 Yes I need the money which is a bummer,would rather hangout here and draw/paint/create all day.Thanks for catching up,and glad you like the additions:):):)

I really like the look of the character I did a speedie of,"Elephant Druid".Yer I know not very inventive,I'm not good with words,thats why I have always drawn, instead of writing.:pI'm sure he has a real name.:rolleyes:
Anyway I thought he is a SciFi/Fantasy character and his task is seek out life....Plant life.Even create Life, replant worlds.
So here he is....

byroncallas
09-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Hey there Scott - love those pink cloths and green skin. He's a winner. You need to win the lottery and get back here (you can share some of your lottery winnings with me.) Catch you again soon. :)

SCP
09-04-2009, 07:13 AM
Hey Byron! yes Lotto would be great!:D Looks like I got more time on my hands for now.Thanks for dropping by:)

Lima
09-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Hey SCP, very nice indeed Byron is right about the elephant. I like very much the landscape.

sandyg
09-04-2009, 02:42 PM
Love the latest additions SCP, the landscape and the Pink Elephant dude is great, love the page of doodles. How you think up all these different characters amazes me.

Sketchism71
09-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Awesome concept image Scott! This dude has a story to tell! Very cool high lights on him!:D

screenpainter
09-04-2009, 07:00 PM
wow, I missed a lot of new work here. don't know how exactly.
A beautiful abstract, fun with Sphincter blob, a beautiful landscape with a very Asian feel and wonderful color, a fantastic fantasy piece, another beautiful landscape some great drawings, a delightful bug catcher, and elephant druid is just amazing... looks so professional and very 3D. Fantastic stuff Scott... Sorry I missed these.
you are a very versatile artist. what a great amazing gallery!

SCP
09-05-2009, 11:11 AM
orianelima Thankyou for your kind words,nice of you to visit;):)
sandyg Your very kind,I'm glad you come back to see more.Thanks again Sandy.:)
Sketchism71 Thanks mate,I gotta say, love your latest work my friend well done!Isn't it great when all your hard work has paid off!;):)
gzairborne Hey,very nice to have you stop by as always,don't be sorry;)
I always look forward to reading your comments,thankyou so much!:o:):):)

I just had time to do a Tube/Knife rough canvas Abstract,it was nice and relaxing.

Hope all is well with everyone.

sandyg
09-05-2009, 11:28 AM
I see figures in this painting SCP. Love the colours.

Jim Walsh
09-05-2009, 05:55 PM
scott, there is so much good stuff here. it a great post.

Mairzie Dotes
09-05-2009, 06:40 PM
SCP,
The first impression that I thought of when viewing this abstract in
steamy red and emotional blue was ... fire and ice! Wonderful flow
of colors and it seems to identify with the theory that opposites do
attract in the most amazing painterly ways. Just beautiful! :)

SCP
09-07-2009, 01:10 PM
sandyg,Jim Walsh,Mairzie Dotes thanks so much for your comments;):):)

Something a little different thought for me.I thought I would do a Speedpaint using only the Roller and then create the final image with layers/blend modes.First part with Roller was very fast casual paint.
Included the steps after duplicating the first layer.
This isn't a tutorial,but if any one wants more info ,give me a shout;)
Hope it is of interest.

Scott.

SCP
09-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Here is the Final.
Please click on to enlarge.;)

Previous page has steps that lead to this final image.

Mairzie Dotes
09-07-2009, 04:03 PM
SCP,
The rich earth tones contrasting the blues of the sky and creatively
applied strokes result in a truly enchanting piece. It has a warm
but jewel like quality in appearance ... as if you have replicated the
tones of a quarried, semi precious stone. Absolutely beautiful! :)

billbonds
09-07-2009, 07:39 PM
This is beautiful.

byroncallas
09-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Scott, this is a lovely piece of work. It's so delicate, and he earth tones are just beautiful. Also a great demo. All very well done. :):):)

coops
09-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Thats beautiful SCP, I love the brush strokes. Its so pleasing to the eye. Great job :)

screenpainter
09-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Scott, beautiful work... I love it... it is rich with wonderful colors and alive with rhythm and textures.

sabena
09-07-2009, 08:21 PM
hi SCP

This is fantastic wonderful painting, very nice work:D

SCP
09-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Mairzie Dotes You have a wonderful way with words,truely amazing description ,thankyou.:):)
billbonds Thankyou,very glad you like it.
byroncallas Thankyou my friend,very nice of you to stop by;)
coops I'm really glad you like it,the Roller tool can be interesting to use.Thankyou Coops.:)
gzairborne Hey mate,thankyou for checking it out and for your great comments Albert:)
sabena Thats very kind of you to say,thankyou very much!:)

Speedpaint with Oils and Knife/Gray scale.About 15mins for stage One.
Stage Two- Colour 10mins.Stage three- add details 25mins.
Started off as a Abstract then I had to add to it,just saw it there.
So it's almost 2 paintings in one?I will let you guys be the judge anyway.

Please Click on Image to enlarge ;)

StephenFoster
09-08-2009, 10:27 PM
I love the depth you always have in your paintings and this is no exception.

Do you often paint in grayscale first?
thanks

SCP
09-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Hi Stephen,thankyou for the visit.To your question about grayscale,of late yes I mostly paint greyscale first.For me this is very useful for design stage,helps free up your creative mind by working with forms and values rather than getting confused with colour.Some of my Abstracts I will have colours in mind and just put them on canvas and work them.I really learn alot from using the grayscale method.Thankyou for your question.;)

Here is a Cartoon Character design start,this time using a Colour blob,Ill post the finished image in the Gallery when I'm done.
Take care everyone.

Scott.