PDA

View Full Version : a wip with a photography for base

case
05-05-2009, 10:50 AM
the original photography

first step, added ears,tatoos,earings, redo eyes, added hairs, gauntlets, change the wine to glowing liquid ;)

second step,added an armor, a cloak , redraw the liquid to makes it glow more, tweking to the lighting and reflexions

third step, added a new character to the scene

to be continued :)

hope you're like it :)

weembaman
05-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Very nice but, if your going to do all that work to the photo why start with a photo.? Your plenty good enought to just make the whole painting...:):)

case
05-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Your plenty good enought to just make the whole painting...:):)

i would like to be that good :)

thanks for the comment

anarkissed
05-06-2009, 06:35 PM
That's really fun and the subject will probably enjoy seeing himself as a warrior elf! Try using the photo as a tracing and reference instead so you can easily remove it when you have the painting fully done. I understand using the photo to keep your proportions and lines restrained.

case
05-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Try using the photo as a tracing and reference instead so you can easily remove it when you have the painting fully done

it's a layer, i can switch it on / off

yachris
05-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Wow, that's a lot of fun... and it's fantastic to see the steps along the way! It's kind of like watching a transmogrifier in action :-)

One minor thing... you might redo the cape as standing out more from the shoulders. It looks to be exactly following the original person's back, so with the shadows on the armor, it makes the body too small. If it stood out, it'd restore some of the depth so the person would appear to have more normal proportions.

Cool, though... keep us posted!

case
05-07-2009, 01:45 PM
thanks for the advice , i'd noticed the cloak (cape est tu aussi francais ? ) don't look good it's on my todo list ,)

Caesar
05-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Impressive work so far. Best wishes and great expectations for a goregous ending of this fantastic experiment!

case
05-09-2009, 12:44 PM
finaly i removed the cloak changed the background adding some lights and fire creatures.

yachris
05-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Case -- that's fantastic! You've really improved it. Removing the cloak/cape/whatever :-) definitely helped. The fire creatures are good too. You might possibly want to shade the tattoo a bit... it would follow the form of the neck a bit better then. But overall it's fantastic! I really like the robot... he cracks me up every time I see this one.