PDA

View Full Version : Going to the sea - WIP

Caesar
04-23-2009, 02:26 AM
Imaginary, one layer painting.

weembaman
04-23-2009, 02:55 AM
It looks like your off to a great start on your journey...

byroncallas
04-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Can't help but love it so far - beautiful, delicate colors pulling together for what looks like will be a splendid whole. Looking forward to the next steps.
Really does look good Caesar.

yachris
04-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Wow, Caesar, that's fantastic... great colors! Looking forward to how it comes out.

Caesar
04-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Thank You dear friends! I just wanted to relax and escape with my mind somewhere else for an hour or so ...

jbyrjbyr1
04-23-2009, 10:37 AM
This is a beautiful start. You make artistic creation look deceptively simple and effortless (although I'm sure it's neither). I salute you and can't wait to see more. jb

Caesar
04-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Right my friend! Now that I got close, I'm afraid the near field will be quite hard to imagine referenceless in all its meaningful elements, especially the river flow where I made no excercise on so far. Thank You!

Sketchism71
04-23-2009, 10:33 PM
This is looking great Caesar. I know how you feel, I never let myself get to excited until I tackle the foreground. Im sure it will turn out wonderful!

Caesar
04-24-2009, 07:50 AM
Thank you for Your trust, dear Sketchism!

yachris
04-24-2009, 09:25 AM
On the other hand, if you left it like this, it would be kind of an inversion of the usual expectations for a painting like this... detailed background, sketchy foreground :-)

Ailaya
04-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Such beautiful colors, shapes, and sense of movement...this style is so appealing, it makes me even more anxious for the weather to warm up some more so I too can go to the sea :)

Caesar
04-24-2009, 07:53 PM
You're right pointing out that I'm a little bit unconventional, dea Yachris, but I did not push it to what You suggest. :D
The initial idea was to paint the group of close trees and vegetation on the left. All the rest came later in my mind to complete my mental picture "on the job", elements like the background, the tower and complementing parts of it, including the idea of a attempt with a water stream or river.
A really challenging task for my imagination and present skills!
For sure I might leave the very near field grass, the close up elements out of focus too, to leave the eye moving and explorating all the parts of this scene.

Dear Ailaya, thanks for looking this unfinished too. I'm glad You like it and these shapes, colours and sense of movement, being a fully imaginative painting (no reference), is possibly much in harmony with my essence too in one way; a little bit like Your moody paintings which possibly express part of Your inner personality. Looking at our styles we should be rather different, but both are communication a bit of what we are, I guess ...
Since You would appreciate it, maybe I'll take You and all other willng to join to the sea in advance in one of my next paintings .... Actually I'm from a sea town on the Adriatic sea.
I made a couple of them last summer and I'll do more sooner or later.

SCP
04-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Caesar you have been busy.I like your colour palette use in this painting.Also you have great depth in this painting,pulls the viewer in.
Great job mate:)

Caesar
04-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Thank You SCP! It's time I resume the two WIPs in here and take them to a good enough completion then!
I'd go on with Kvar cathedral first where I've got a reference picture by my brother though ...(and it's therefore going to require less creative and imaginative effort).

Rick
04-28-2009, 01:02 AM
Looking good Caesar.. I wait for its completion..

Caesar
04-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Thank You dear Rick! I unfortunately tend to start more than I can take to a quick end, but I'll go on sooner or later ...

Tolhaller
04-28-2009, 07:19 PM
That already looks beautiful, Caesar, and it aint even finished!

Caesar
04-29-2009, 12:30 AM
Thank You Tolhaler! Stated by You, who showed to be a masterful landscaper, is a really great compliment and encouragement!