PDA

View Full Version : Gunman...

jacktar51
04-11-2009, 04:02 AM
I,m posting this here as I,m not doing anymore to it, I messed it up,posting it to let you see my failures....Jack.

coops
04-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Jack, What failure????? It's great and I lovely the texture of the canvas.

yachris
04-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Yeah, I definitely don't see any failure here! But the artist is always the hardest one on his work.

I remember doing a painting of an Iris, and (to this day) I remember how upset I was with it. I put it in a drawer (it's a watercolor) and forgot about it. A few months later I was looking for something, and brought it out... and could not, for the life of me, remember what I hated so much! It's not a great painting, by any stretch, but it's not bad, particularly for where I was at ability-wise at the time. I can show it now without pain (which is good, because my wife likes it :-).

weembaman
04-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Jack...Are you nuts..?? There is nothing wrong with that painting as far as I can see. Many wish they could screw up like that....:):)

jacktar51
04-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks everyone for you kind remarks,I thought I really spoilt this with adding the canvas effect, I liked it at the time of adding it but hated it as soon as I had got rid of the original,I have dragged a smaller version of this picture out of the bin and am in the process of trying to salvage it a bit, when its done I am going to post it in the main gallery,I am very pleased that you all saw something that was alright with it,I was a bit cross with myself at the time for messing it up,thank you for your replies....Jack.

Galago
05-05-2009, 01:29 PM
I see no failures here. Good job. I like the thin edge highlights -- they really add to the piece.

case
05-05-2009, 01:38 PM
remind me of a movie jacket, nice work!