PDA

View Full Version : Mouse or Tablet?

Tatsuyame
08-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Just wondering how many other people use a mouse like me. BTW, how come this is the only place one can post a poll? Because I think my topic would be better suited under general chat.

josephc4
08-19-2006, 04:16 PM
I have a small, like 4.5x6inch HyperPen6000U by AIPTEK, its ok, but I never painted with brushes. I am more comfortable with the mouse. But then I have an optical mouse, and it gives me more of a tight feel with the cursor.

If the pen/stylus approached the precision of using a real paint brush I would probably have to use it.

But then I will admit that my Tablet has a crappy driver, so it may be at fault here.

heikki
08-19-2006, 05:32 PM
:)

I use both, but mainly mouse. My pen is wacom cheap-version and it dont work so good, perhaps that is the reason why i use mouse much more. My thought is that when use both then you get best advantage and usability of this program. Mouse has advantage of other and pen other. Mouse can control easy specially when use files operation, layers and so on, and also when paint how i say, big areas to some color or etc. or direct lines, frames, etc. Then i use pen when i want to make small accurace things and sketch and that kind of stuff. Also some paint-tools usability has differencies when use mouse or pen.

:)

Tiznaught
08-27-2006, 05:54 PM
An Intuos for me; I raised myself artistically on traditional mediums, and lacked the patience to learn with a mouse. I needed direct input from the familiar, so to speak.

vulturemullet
10-04-2006, 11:42 PM
I use a mouse as well.. trackball to be exact, which can be frustrating with digital art done on computer. Maybe if i had a better mouse i could draw and paint better or maybe i need a tablet.. I'm really thinking of getting a tablet though, but not sure if its worth the $229 for the intuos

CÚdric Trojani
10-05-2006, 12:17 AM
since many years I don't use mouses a lot : A4 oversize tablet on my main computer and another A4 for my laptop (dreaming about a cintiq)
I can't imagine drawing with a mouse or my trackball

cripster
10-05-2006, 12:25 AM
i use both

ENCHANTER
10-05-2006, 01:04 AM
i started of for a month using a mouse with AR, but i cant do that anymore, it hurts my wrist,

royblumenthal
10-23-2006, 05:35 AM
Hiya...

I'm very happy with my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet PC. Can't even IMAGINE using a mouse to paint with! The tablet is pressure sensitive, and behaves just like a brush would. Awesome.

Blue skies
love
Roy

kenmo
11-03-2006, 08:06 AM
Mostly use a Micrsoft optical mouse but I do have a Wacom Graphire tablet. I prefer the mouse for photo editing and 3D modelling (Wings3D, Vue Esprit) . However the tablet is better for sketching from scratch....

le-mec
11-08-2006, 03:03 PM
Motion Computing M1400 TabletPC
WACOM Cintiq 18SX

It seems to work great on both, except the right-click on the TPC is very buggy...

Kanted
12-15-2006, 03:19 PM
New to this forum , Art Rage and digital painting.
I use both, but when actually painting or drawing digitally, I find the tablet and pen (Intuos 3) nice to use and more closer to traditional painting material handling.
PS I find this program fun and the forum very enthusiastic.
Kanted

joules
12-16-2006, 02:02 AM
I use a low cost tablet A4, would love to try a Wacom intuos. No way could I do my pencil drawings with a mouse. I think you really do need a fast accurate tablet though, mine doesn't always register a pen stroke, and some times hic-ups, then fires a line or locks on whilst drawing... Annoying, but then they said this tablet doesn't support my Mac LOL I'd still choose my cheap tablet over an expensive mouse any day for ArtRage.

Use trackball and optical mouse for CAD work, have even done reasonable CAD using laptop touch pad. So it really is down to application.

OldLink
12-16-2006, 12:25 PM
I use an old A6 Wacom ArtPad II, and it's really nice.
I'll have to buy a new Wacom Graphire4 classic, as my daughter wants my ArtPad for herself... :)

Adam Black
12-16-2006, 05:27 PM
I have an Intuos3 6x9 Wacom Tablet, and it was worth every penny. Especially seeing as how I don't have a mouse--I use a trackball, because it's easier for me to play video games with (I blame that on the $800 worth of quarters I dropped into "Centipede" as a kid). :)

Nick50
01-01-2007, 08:15 PM
I use an Intuos 3 9 X 12. I do use the mouse for simple tasks and the tablet for brushing. It's the best of both worlds, I used a mouse for years, but found the tablet can improve your style and brush technique. I would never go back

Chekote
01-14-2007, 07:24 AM
I use a Cintiq 21UX and a Fujitsu T4215 when using artrage. The only time I *ever* try to draw with a mouse is when I am using Illustrator.

My art skills are very very immature, and the last thing I need to do is struggle with a mouse!