PDA

View Full Version : extreme self-portrait

cutepoison
02-10-2009, 09:22 PM
self-portrait, 2 hrs in ArtRage... I think I`ll edit it a bit so I can add some flow to increase the movement impression(the skater,me, is moving backwards...from the upper right corner to the lower left)
I called it extreme because it`s about an extreme sport, rollerblading. I also notice that the upper part of the legs are kinda long, and maybe the right hand is weird (shorter than the left)

c&c appreciated

screenpainter
02-10-2009, 09:29 PM
It's really good. I like it a lot. Even more amazing is that it only took two hours. Keep that up. That is extreme! :)

drzeller
02-11-2009, 03:02 AM
Very good. Regarding the legs, I think the extension of the right leg-line into the buttocks, and the fact that part of the lower portion of the leg is "hidden" by the placement beyond the bar is what makes the leg parts look disproportionate to you. I can see it since you pointed it out, but it is not bad. Perhaps defining the buttocks a little and adding a highlight to the lower right leg - showing it's continuance to the other side - would help.

UPDATE: I played around with it a little. Adding just the slightest hint of a pocket or curve to the buttocks shortens up the upper leg nicely. Adding a highlight on the back, left side of the right leg also helps extend it. I also added a highlight line along upper portion of the skate. I'm not a great painter, so don't pick on the technique too much! I will remove the picture at your request.

Again, very nice.

D.

ScottF
02-11-2009, 05:07 AM
Very well done and great sense of movement! I like everything about this one!

weembaman
02-11-2009, 08:07 AM
I have found that if you are the painter, you see things that nobody else sees. That is a fine painting and needs no touching up in my opinion....Very nice...:)

Levent Suberk
02-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Dear Cutepoison, very good brush strokes, very good painting, no need to rework any.

cutepoison
02-11-2009, 10:02 PM
thanq all for the comments :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-12-2009, 09:57 AM
cutepoison,
What an action packed self portrait. You have a wonderful artistic
style and talent and have expressed the sport of skateboarding very
well. :)

byroncallas
02-12-2009, 08:10 PM
I love looking at this. I'm putting it in my favories.
b

Belvrog
02-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Very well done cutepoison!! Really like it !

Caesar
02-13-2009, 09:52 PM
An incredible talent and mastery, CP! Congratulations.
We also know that, should You be missing for some time, it might be because of your hobby! :D I'm joking and I wish You to enjoy Your sport and keep always safe and healthy!

cutepoison
02-17-2009, 09:12 PM
hahha thank you Caesar

sabena
02-17-2009, 11:32 PM
hi cutepoison

I like very much your style wonderful painting:D

Krondelo
05-26-2009, 05:33 AM
Thats really good man, I love the color composition ;)

I'm a skateboarder myself but it looks like you got some mad skills, keep it up ;)

Taron
05-26-2009, 05:51 AM
Uh, that's wonderful! Fantastic style, fantastic execution! Congratulations! You're really making the oil feel work perfectly!

jjzzshen
07-04-2009, 03:56 PM
This clock projects the time, date, or temp on the wall or ceiling some people call
it a ceiling clock but I call it a digital projection clock. I got the black one because at the time that was the only color
they had. But now they have them in black and also in white.

hociemocie
08-15-2009, 03:59 PM
this is absolutely terrific!! love the background as well as the use of lights & shadow!

jaycee
08-15-2009, 05:25 PM
I am a new user of Art Rage and am amazed at what it can do.....I think this painting is a terrific use of the materials...the colours and the pose are wonderful

Gray
08-15-2009, 07:24 PM
The style is just brilliant; it perfectly displays the confidence of the painter and of the stunt man, and the subtle lack of detail in places around the periphery combined with the very solid feel of the body, gives the whole a very on edge shape. Instead of viewing this as art when I first saw the image, I began to anticipate how the stunt would end. Masterfully painted to convey that sense of being there.

Alexandra
08-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Great subject, strokes, color, everything. Very talented!

sandyg
08-16-2009, 06:31 AM
Very well painted, I really like the background and the subject, go careful on your skateboard.

cutepoison
01-02-2010, 10:18 AM
thanx for the feedback to all!!
I wasnt around for couple of months, and I found this new subforum and that a thread(drawing) of mine is part of it, I`m flattered :)