PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I just like to paint knockers! UPDATE! WIP

Fashmir
04-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Made you look. :lol:

Thought I would post an update as promised. I have had very little time to myself this week so I'm a little slow. :) I'll keep updates posted here so you don't have to scroll to see it.

cym
04-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Impressive knocker, but the wood behind it is what caught my eye.

Too funny...

I don't know how you managed the metal so well. Is that from the metalic option in version 2 or the right blend of color? Also, in all seriousness, I do find the wood amazing. As in your mural for the Stamp Cellar, I could swear it was real wood, not paint. I don't know how to say this right, but when you paint such stuff its almost better than the real thing. You turn the ordinary, the things we see and pay no mind to, into something visually delightful.

ENCHANTER
04-10-2006, 12:07 AM
brass knockers!??

love the classic style, as i said your very versatile painter!

Weeks
04-10-2006, 01:13 AM
Hi Fashmir,

We are again in the heart of our childhood, thanks to your
painting, with this mysterious door which opens on a fantastic world
that we don't know yet. Perhaps this is the new world that ArtRage
prepares for us... (laughter.)

Cheers,

Weeks

bleepnik
04-10-2006, 03:01 AM
Mmm.. This is fantastic. Emotionally, it keeps changing! One moment, Leo with the knocker looks playful, inviting, like a pup with a stick in its mouth that moulds its lips into a goofy, canine grin; in the next, a dark shadow creeps over his visage as he warns me away, a predatory menace in his eyes.

And the wood! cym said it best, so I'll just add my "oh. ooooooh. wow." to the mix. =]

- Gita

Tiznaught
04-10-2006, 05:33 AM
*rofl* I knew it had to be something else! fantastic metal texture on the knocker, and how you made the wood look aged and slightly wrinkly, how it weathers with age in reality :)

waheednasir
04-10-2006, 09:29 AM
thats wonderfuly done fashmir...:).

AndyRage
04-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Hehe. Excellent.
The wood and the brass are both fantastic.

AndyRage.

Fashmir
04-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Sweedie- Heh, I hope you weren't too dissapointed.

cym- Thanks for commenting. The metal is just straight painting and color choices. I enjoy painting wood, especially old wood. Thanks for the appreciation.

ENCHANTER- Yup brass knockers. :D Thanks for looking.

Weeks- You inspired me to take this one a little further. I'll post it when I'm done. I'm adding vines and such to boost the magic. Thanks for the feedback and the laughter.

justG- I like the way you see this image. I'll be posting an update soon that will hopefully be a fun one.

Tiznaught- Yeah, I knew it would be obvious to some that I was playing tricks. Thanks for the feedback.

waheednasir- Thanks for the love. :)

AndyRage- Thanks for the comments and this [email protected]$$ tool.

DaveRage
04-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Thread scheduled for deletion by modera... no wait! *removes evil moderator hat* :)

I'm really impressed at the detail you managed to get in the wood there, as well as the metallic feel to the knocker itself, really nice!

Fashmir
04-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Heh. DaveRage- if it was really a set of... you know... uh... <whispers> knockers... I would warn of nudity. As it is I am glad we as a race seem unaffected by a stark naked brass lion head. :lol:

Cheers!

bleepnik
04-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Well garsh, when you put it that way, I'm overcome by the desire to get Leo a cap! =]

By the way, really nice update! For the sake of posterity, though, would it be too much to ask you to leave each stage of the WIP up for all to see? Updating the thread is certainly efficient, but anyone joining the conversation now wouldn't get to see the original (and consequently, the one on which our earlier comments were based).

(Then again, maybe I'm just projecting my own desire to see each phase of the piece's progress, I dunno.)

In any case, thanks for taking the time to work on it and share it with us. =]

- Gita

Weeks
04-14-2006, 01:42 AM
Fashmir,

The dream comes true...! 8)

Weeks

bleepnik
04-14-2006, 05:00 AM
Thanks for restoring the original to the thread, Fashmir. =]

- Gita

ENCHANTER
04-14-2006, 06:11 AM
its amazing how adding the vines chagnes the story of the picture...nicely done :)

AndyRage
04-14-2006, 10:02 AM
That's great! It's getting a very 'fantasy adventure' feel to it. There must be something magical behind the door.

I'm with JustG - if anyone post a work in progress it would be cool to keep the steps on the forum. As well as keeping the conversation relevant, it also acts as a sort of tutorial.

Thanks Fashmir!

Harmony
04-14-2006, 12:28 PM
ENCHANTER
Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:11 pm
its amazing how adding the vines chagnes the story of the picture...nicely done

Fashmir, I realy like the vines too. :)

Harmony

cym
04-15-2006, 08:31 AM
allright, that does it...I want to be able to shop at the art store and pick up a "The Joy of Painting Like Fashmir" book.

bleepnik
04-15-2006, 10:01 AM
LOL @ cym! =] Fashmir, if you decide to grace the world with such a tome, you've got at least two buyers lined up. =]

- Gita

Fashmir
04-16-2006, 03:58 AM
cym- You're so sweet I'm blushing.

G- Now I'm really blushing. Two whole customers. :lol: Now I can retire.

Thanks for the love.

Marvolo
06-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Nice knockers uncle dave lol. i really like the vines :D

~Marvolo~