PDA

View Full Version : Aarons giftbook thread (Epilogue added)

Rob in Denver
01-16-2009, 04:31 AM
Please post any painting you would like to go into the book I will be making for this young guy who has a very bad prognosis from his Cancer. It can be anything you like ( even abstract) as long as it seems positive. It need not look like a Hallmark card, as he is a young artistic guy and will appreciate many different things. The cut off date will be 2 weeks from posting, on the 29th of January 2009.
BE SURE, you sign it, say get well or something brief, and write the country you are from ON the painting. This is all key to the project.
This is a great group and I am sure the results here will be exciting and heartfelt.
Thanks
Rob

suziQ54241
01-16-2009, 04:40 AM
Oops, I'm still here, so I'll post mine here too. Our best to you all during this rough time. Hang in Aaron. We LOVE you!

Thyra
01-16-2009, 05:27 AM
Aaron, I hope, you like these little friends

Someonesane
01-16-2009, 05:29 AM
What type of things does Aaron enjoy (Movies, books, comics, etc)?

Flowerbird
01-16-2009, 05:36 AM
Rob, this is a very good idea. I will participate. I think the painting I paint at the moment is
funny. It is not finished, although I post it. Now I have a goal to work with more love
in it and to finish it timely. I will pray for Aaron and his family.

Peter Pinckney
01-16-2009, 05:45 AM
Hope it makes you smile Aaron

ArtNuovo
01-16-2009, 06:57 AM
Best wishes for a full recovery.

ScottF
01-16-2009, 07:21 AM
Rob,

This is a great idea! IŽve included a painting of Ushuaia Bay. I thought maybe heŽd enjoy seeing another part of the world. (My house is across the bay and a bit to the left of where the painting stops. :p)

Rob in Denver
01-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Someonesane, as to what he likes, he loves skateboards, guitars, chihuahua's, his favorite colors are hot pink and black. He also likes Skulls! So the post by Artnuovo works ( at first a skull didn't seem like a good idea). However, don't feel limited, do what you will, I think the variety will be a good thing.
Flowerbird, I knew you would do something, and I am excited to see the finished piece. Thanks Peter, I love this goofy image and he will too! And Thyra, yours is so perfect and cute, the truth is, I almost cried when I saw it. Scott the painting is spectacular, and I think showing where you live is a great idea. SuziQ thanks for yours-its beautiful.
So much for not thanking as we go, I just can't help it.

Bumble
01-16-2009, 08:56 AM
What a wonderful Idea, I really hope our healing energy reaches him and helps.:)

Lee
01-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Dear AAron, it is about 13 degrees here in Southwestern Pennsylvania, freezing cold, a nice day to say Hello!!!,,, hope it is warm where you are, it is nice of your friend Rob to let us say hello to you, hope you are feeling good today and the sun is shining on you, hope you have ArtRage too, it is a great program especially if you like to draw and paint, this picture is an idea from many years ago when my kids were little, there was a Lunar eclipse, we got out the lawn chairs and waited, the sky cleared and there it was, the shadow of the Earth on the Moon, it was so bright and sharp clear that if i had been standing on the edge of the Earth and made the Peace sign the Sun would have made a Peace shadow on the Moon for all the Earth to see, wouldn't that have been cool ????!!!! so Imagine that the shadow of Peace could shine on the Earth too, be well and and have a peaceful day,,,, xoxox Lee!!!:):):)

fraser_paice
01-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Thought twice about this one Rob but hey... He's a 13 year old boy! and would probably love a tattoo, besides the serpent has been a symbol for physicians for centuries... Sorry it's a bit rushed but I didn't want to miss the boat. That's the Royal Forest of Dean Rob. I see what you mean so I altered the picture a bit.

Rob in Denver
01-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Both yours Fraser, and Lees are fine images he will love! Thank you both!
There is a 2 week period so no rush, I will collect them and make the book after that. I Like the snake and heart, and wouldn't change it! You are right, he is a young guy, and I for one really don't know what they like these days.
He likes Heartagrams apparently. I had to look that one up. At 55 I have every right to be clueless!
Is that Royal forest of Dead? Is that where you live Fraser? Maybe I read it wrong.
Oh, and a belated thanks you to Bumble and her lovely painting of the horses!
Somehow I let it slip by unthanked, and I know he will like it a lot.

pai
01-16-2009, 03:29 PM
...all my wishes to you, Aaron...and thanks to misterpaint's stencils. :)

Rob in Denver
01-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Thank you Pai, it means a lot!
I have realized from news today (not any good news I am afraid)
that I should cut this off in one week instead of two.
So the final will be next thursday now.

monicka84
01-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Hey Aaron! Hope that soon you will be able to play at guitar and your chihuahua to sing with you and all that after a long day on your pink skateboard with black wheels. :)

Rob in Denver
01-17-2009, 02:46 AM
Monica, you are amazing. My wife and I stood beside the computer and laughed at your cleverness and talent. Thank you so much!! It is great.

monicka84
01-17-2009, 03:46 AM
Monica, you are amazing. My wife and I stood beside the computer and laughed at your cleverness and talent. Thank you so much!! It is great.
If that put a smile on your faces then I hope it will have the same effect on Aaron too.

weembaman
01-17-2009, 09:09 AM
Hope your feeling good....Best of luck to you...

Rob in Denver
01-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Black, hotpink and skateboard! This is great Weembaman!! Really nice graphic quality to it! And thanks so much for doing it especially for this project!

Kayla
01-17-2009, 09:22 AM
It didn't start out this way, but perhaps thats a good thing...

Rob in Denver
01-17-2009, 11:55 AM
All the elements! Nice composition, and thanks for doing it Louise! I am sure he will love it!

cartuneman
01-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi Aaron!!!

Enjoy this as well all these and we will always be in your heart and mind as we will always have you in ours! Get well soon young man get well soon!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c126/cartuneman/specialpicforaaron.jpg

John Blackford and Family

Mtak
01-17-2009, 05:21 PM
This is a very humbling experience I had just posted this drawing elsewhere under new posts when I read this, surely there is no art that can express my feelings right now, but for Aaron there is a friend in Auckland New Zealand, who is very focused on your wellbeing.

Rob in Denver
01-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Cartuneman and Mtak, what different drawings and both amazing, he will love both. I don't know what I was thinking when I originally said I would not thank people as we go forward in this project,but only at the end, it has been,, as Mtak said, a humbling experience, and a privilege to thank everyone along the way.
Thanks to both of you.

Someonesane
01-17-2009, 07:41 PM
Out thoughts are with you Aaron, good luck.

Rob, please use this version (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/someonesane/ArtRage/skateboarding-Aaron-LG.jpg) of the following image, since it is larger and should print better.

Dany51
01-18-2009, 01:24 AM
To Aaron,
You have a friend here ,in Paris, I am with you and whish you the best.

Rob, I can send you the png version if you like.

Peter Pinckney
01-18-2009, 01:33 AM
Here's another one for you Aaron...............I felt a bit mean about using one already made so did this one specially.

Khalid_ipda
01-18-2009, 02:06 AM
Dear Rob in Denver, I read your message (email), but quite busy to reply. I tried to paint new one for Aaron, still about 'water'.

Rob in Denver
01-18-2009, 02:26 AM
All these images this morning and all so great!
Dany, it looks so airy and free, and also looks a bit like a Yurt ( I used to live in a yurt!) Thanks a million for this.
Gaeton, you did a spectacular image-- I note the halo. I am sure this will be one of his favorites. I will use the other image.
Khalid, it seems you did this one special which is so touching. This will be the special place for him to go when he needs to get away.
And Peter, since you are the most prolific Artist here, it will be appropriate for you to have two! I love both, and particularly like the goofiness of the first one. Goofy is a sought after commodity that is needed now.

suziQ54241
01-18-2009, 05:04 AM
Rob, I finished this late last night, from my dog to his. GET WELL Aaron. We send love, hugs and healing vibes!

Rob in Denver
01-18-2009, 06:19 AM
SuziQ, old dogs are always the sweetist. a lovely portrait of what I assume must be yours. Aaron will love this one too. Thanks so much.

Flowerbird
01-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Now it's finish. I think this is one of my best perhaps the best painting from
me. I wish Aaron so much, I can't express. Aaron, we thinking of you.

Rob in Denver
01-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Thanks so much, Corinna, I have been anxiously awaiting your finished painting and it is wonderful indeed. You have such a wonderful free style and I agree is the best from you that I have seen so far! It will be a treasured part of this book.

screenpainter
01-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Aaron, I wish in my heart for you many guitars and skateboards (huge air) in your future. :) and sending prayers for huge miracles for you. Love from Washington State! Albert, Vickie, Joan, and Whitney Root. Also from lulu our pitbull golden retriever puppy.

Rob in Denver
01-19-2009, 01:44 AM
Albert, I knew you were off making something just for the occasion and I was right of course. You did yourself proud with this one making such a great expressive image--well done my friend, and I know Aaron will love it. Can't wait to start putting this book together!

Albert
01-19-2009, 10:09 AM
For Aaron.............

Rob in Denver
01-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks Albert, undoubtably there should be one with Jesus and a little child,
so thank you for providing it! It will be a source of comfort I am sure for a child who is suffering.

sandyg
01-20-2009, 11:32 PM
For Aaron all our health wishes from around the world from this forum to you.

Rob in Denver
01-21-2009, 02:12 AM
Thank you Sandy! Very sweet drawing and I do so appreciate it. Clever to have the bear scratching the message in the snow,-this looks like Colorado where we live!

Belvrog
01-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Hi Rob, that's a wonderful idea. Here's my one. Best wishes and greetings to Aaron.

Rob in Denver
01-21-2009, 03:18 PM
What a wonderful concept, and execution Belvrog! Thank you! I like this so much!

sabena
01-22-2009, 03:57 AM
Thank you Rob for remember me about Aaron.:o
A Gif for Aaron.........
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1686/aaronswu5.jpg

Ole Seegelken
01-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Abstract in friendly pink and gold tones.

Rob in Denver
01-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks Sabena, this is wonderful! And Ole, I do not think I have seen your work before, but I like this one very much and thank you for it!

sally packham
01-23-2009, 02:25 AM
For Aaron sending happy little thoughts your way to make you smile.
From Sally Packham

Rob in Denver
01-23-2009, 03:44 AM
Thanks Sally, yours might be one of the last here to be posted as it's about time to start making the book. Thanks for the effort to make one just for him
and I know he will enjoy it!

Rob in Denver
01-25-2009, 03:14 AM
I have bought the book aand plan to start work on it this weekend, with over 30 submissions I expect to run out of ink a few times! Will post and show the final product. Hopefully soon.

sandyg
01-25-2009, 04:07 AM
Look forward to seeing it Rob.

Caesar
01-29-2009, 07:19 AM
Maybe I'll not be able to end it before You finish Your first delivery to our collective new son Aaron, but I'm purposedly preparing this image (just a quick sketch right now) to focus my prayers for Aaron through it.
Our life is always in the hand of the Infinite Love ruling everything and Who cares for each of us with the unlimited tenderness of His invisible, but constant presence.
God bless Aaron ... and You who act as an second custodian angel for him!

Rob in Denver
01-29-2009, 07:34 AM
Thank you Caesar, the book might be delivered tonight ( he is in pain at the moment due to one of the cancerous tumors breaking a bone in his back)
but if it is tonight we deliver the book, we will deliver your drawing ( and any others that come) after they are finished. It is fairly easy to slip them into a plastic page for adding to the book at any time.
I will report on the delivery as soon as it happens. Hopefully with a few photographs.
Thanks for taking such an interest, your love is noted and appreciated, and good luck on finishing the painting!

Rob in Denver
01-30-2009, 02:24 AM
Last night we took the book to Aaron, who, though in obvious pain, kept
his suffering to himself and graciously and carefully read and examined each page, each drawing and where they came from. He could not quite believe
that people around the globe had done this just for him, and was very thankful, and wanted me to relay his thanks to you all.
He had spent most of the day having "Cyberknife" treatments ( This is very Sci-Fi and futuristic, with a robot that spins around the treatment table zapping the tumors with either a laser or concentrated radiation). There are now three new tumors on his spine, but their is optimism that these high tech treatments might be able to prevail.
Aaron himself has a great attitude and never complains it seems. He is a model of how I would want to act were I in his shoes. I doubt I would do so well.
Following are a few Photos of Aaron, and the book which I thought you might be interested in--and a few notes on them.
Thanks to the contributors, you have done a good thing!

Rob in Denver
01-30-2009, 02:34 AM
I had trouble downloading photos ( it never said why) so I am linking to my flicker site where you will see a small photo set about making the book and giving it to Aaron. Please visit!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andiamo54/sets/72157613067854929/

Lee
01-30-2009, 03:24 AM
Dear Rob, Thank you so much! Good job!!! nice to see the photos! wonderful to see the real AAron, what a great kid,,,if that one photo was a picture of a drawing AAron did then he should be painting in ArtRage, it is a wonderful drawing and self portrait!!! hope he can get a big hug from us and maybe he can paint something and post it here,xoxox:)

Someonesane
01-30-2009, 04:03 AM
Hi Rob,

I'm happy to hear that Aaron was able to enjoy looking through everyone's images and thoughts for him. If he was able to have a smile for just a brief moment, it was well worth the effort you put into it. I wish him well.

weembaman
01-30-2009, 06:13 AM
Great pictures, I hope your efforts made him feel better, Thanks...

Thyra
01-30-2009, 06:40 AM
Very good work, dear Rob and dear wife of Rob. I feel good to know, there are good humans on this earth, who care about each other. Thanks for doing it, I wish you nice days...

ScottF
01-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Rob,

You and your wife have done such a fine job! Heartfelt wishes!

monicka84
01-30-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm speechless...

Hope that miracles are real and that Aaron will be part of one.

Thank you Rob and to your wife too!

pai
01-30-2009, 12:12 PM
So happy to see Aaron's smile and I am so touching of what you and your wife have done. I believe all these beautiful art works will bring energy to him and miracles. Best wishes. :)

Rob in Denver
01-30-2009, 12:33 PM
The real thanks is to all of you! There wouldn't have been a book without your contributions. I feel like the world is a much smaller place than it used to be!
And feel I have been lucky to make some friends myself in this process. His family was so very appreciative, and so am I.

dali
01-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Hope I'm not too late to put my picture in! I had a lot of fun making all those freckles! Such a cute guy! I'm thinking red-head, I have a certain fondness for redheads!

screenpainter
01-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Dali, that is the most stunning portrait of Aaron. Fantastic. He will love it!!!
That looks like a Norman Rockwell. Excellent.

Rob in Denver
01-31-2009, 03:22 AM
Oh my God Dali! You are amazing--I called my wife Lisa in to look at it, and we are both stunned. You are so gifted!
And yes, his Irish also shows in the red hair ( he lost that of course, not sure if it has grown back since I never see him without the cap).
Thank you a million times!

Peter Pinckney
01-31-2009, 09:08 AM
Dali that is just amazing................and Rob.........so are you!
Beautiful thing you did here!;);)

shoobba
02-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Isn't too late ?

Rob in Denver
02-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the painting for Aaron--it is a very nice one indeed, and I will always deliver any new paintings to him without fail! Not to worry. If you want your photo with it you can email it to [email protected].com. And what country it is from.

Rob in Denver
12-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Aaron fought a good fight, and he never complained during what was a terrible
illness. He moved on today. I painted this for the family and secondly as a final finish to this thread, and though I had my doubts about posting it, I remembered how cool Aaron thought it was to be known around the world through this thread, and my decision was made. Rest in peace, perhaps you have traded your skateboard for wings young friend.
There is no need for condolences for me, it was time for him, he was very sick. Thanks again to all that contributed here, the book you helped create will always be cherished in that family, and it needed to have an end page.

byroncallas
12-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Rob, it is a beautiful and fitting tribute to your friend to whom you gave so much of your time, attention, caring and love. No doubt it has meaning for his family and will be a living, heartfelt reminder for them of Aaron and his courageous, loving spirit.

Lee
12-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Dear Rob, these tears are for the ones he leaves behind, thank you for letting us know, such a beautiful thoughtful painting, a true spiritual tribute to a dear brave boy, please tell Aaron's family we are thinking of them,,, xox

ps, i have gone back to the beginning, almost one year, the first picture you did of Aaron,,,,,, will now always be an inspiration,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

suziQ54241
12-30-2009, 05:51 PM
I still have tears in my eyes, some are joy for him, moving on to what is a most wondrous new place to explore and some for us, who all grieve the passing of someone we feel connected to. Hugs to you Rob and your family.

screenpainter
12-30-2009, 06:17 PM
condolences to all of Aaron's family and friends. They did an awesome thing by supporting him and staying strong beside him and loving him all the way. I am sure of one thing... Aaron knew how much he is loved and is blessed to have so many who love him.

Thanks for the update Rob. your picture is beautiful and inspired.
We will surely miss Aaron. What a great inspiration of courage he was to everyone. A truly great and beautiful person.

Dany51
12-30-2009, 07:07 PM
I am sad to hear about Aaron, this is life but is more sad when a child go than an old people like me;
I like very much your painting Rob , is very inspired one .

L Skylar Brown
01-03-2010, 08:54 AM
My favorite nephew's name is Aaron. Not much of a connection, but enough for me to imagine such a loss. Keep Rollin' Aaron! Fly High!

Caesar
01-10-2010, 08:28 AM
I mostly like unconventional approaches and like to see everything differently, try to face negative events with irony, presenrve hope, faith and life joy, challenge difficulties, but this becomes much harder with people Ypu love.
Dear Rob, Aroon actually became a member of our global AR family in way, empatically object and subject of our love as an extension of of beloved around us, of our prayers, thoughts.
However right this end of pains and re-birth was in our Holy Father blessed project and will, I couldn't help pouring some of my tears reading this ...