PDA

View Full Version : Help To Develop Mouse "Technique"

Ken1000
04-09-2006, 02:24 AM
I am very impressed -- even amazed -- at the quality of art and different
styles shown here by ArtRage 2 users. I have a mouse and I cannot
achieve anywhere near the quality of images I've seen in the gallery.

For those who use a mouse, could you please share with me (and the other
mouse users) some of your favorite/useful "techniques" to compose the
fine images you create? Perhaps something like ... I use this tool, in this
manner, at this setting(s) .... then I do this (step by step details).

I would be most grateful, as I am sure so would others here.

Thank you !!

Ken

cym
04-09-2006, 11:41 AM
I use the mouse for everything. Check out my basic painting tutorial also in this forum, you might get some ideas from it.
Most of the stuff I learned by applying gobs of paint and messing around with different tools & settings. I have yet to learn to paint anything but landscapes, but its a start!

Ken1000
04-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Thank you, Cym, Sweedie, and everyone else who has or will post a
tutorial on their techniques, steps, etc. while creating. I do appreciate
this very much.

Ken

royblumenthal
07-25-2006, 02:43 AM
Hiya Ken & Cym . . .

l know you've probably heard this before... there are some VERY cheap tablets on the Market now. I think Genius makes one that's around US$20.

In other words, you don't need an expensive Wacom tablet nowadays.

l would highly recommend making the investment. It'll change your life. Seriously.

I use a tablet pc, and even so I almost always have my Wacom plugged in. It's just a great input device.

Blue skies
love
Roy

D Akey
07-29-2006, 05:19 PM
20 bucks? You have to be kidding!

Thanks for the tip. I have a small (4x6 or whatever) Graphire I anguished over buying a few years back for around 80 dollars.

And when I finally bought it, I was intimidated by it. Not having what I was drawing be directly under pen or brush but rather on the screen bothered me at first.

But that's all changed once I discovered the unarguable advantages of pressure and angle control with the stylus. Now I have a hard time going back and only do so to navigate, not do art.

So for anyone asking, heed Roy's advice!

20 busks. I can't believe it.

Oh, and my small 4x6 tablet is plenty big for anything I've ever used it for, and I've done everything from photo retouch to painting and drawing with it.