PDA

View Full Version : Book illustration

Boxy
12-13-2008, 03:09 AM
Hello
I wrote a little story to practice some illustration and here is the first draft of the front/back cover. Thoroughly enjoyed doing it though I'm sure I'll still tweak!
Thanks
Boxy

http://www.boxy.co.uk/uploads/CoverFinal2.jpg

pai
12-13-2008, 03:19 AM
Wow! I didn't know you have posted the final one here already. It's very attractive on book cover IMHO because as I said in WIP. There is a very good message within it that will draw both children and parents to pick this story book. Is that mean you will post more paintings of this story? Really want to know what is the story about. Again, great work on this. :)

radar
12-13-2008, 03:30 AM
This is a fantastic illustration. It really lets your imagination run wild. Extremely well done.

coops
12-13-2008, 03:56 AM
Boxy, I have been watching the progress of this with great anticipation and now seeing it finished WOW IT'S SUPER. Well done and great job.

Phoenix
12-13-2008, 04:34 AM
Very good work

Boxy
12-13-2008, 06:22 AM
Thank you very much everyone.
Pai I might just keep the story under wraps for now in case it actually turns out good enough to actually send to a literary agent (ha, wishful thinking, what a nice thing that would be to do for a living!). Its nothing devastatingly good or new but you never know. ;) The little badger cub is at the centre of the story as are his dad and the owl obviously.
I do hope to post more images as I loved getting the feedback from you all. There will be another 16 of these double page spreads to do, so a long way to go!
Thanks
Boxy

Rob in Denver
12-13-2008, 06:56 AM
Wow. And more wow on top of that. Killer work!

Boxy
12-13-2008, 07:12 AM
Thanks Rob!
What the hell, here's a sneak peek at the first verse :)

http://www.boxy.co.uk/uploads/Page1_2.jpg

~Anna~
12-13-2008, 07:23 AM
Wow Boxy! This really turned out beautifully! I seen the work in progress and knew the final version would be amazing.

weembaman
12-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Perfect...I hope you have great success. This is interesting, I always wondered how these things were done. Please keep up posted. If the book goes on sale I'll buy one for sure...:)

alleswp
12-13-2008, 08:27 AM
Superb. Professional. Great Artwork!

shirokoff
12-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Very cool.
Whish I could do something like that.

Jim Walsh
12-13-2008, 01:44 PM
This came out great.

Margie at Wideviewfarm
12-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Stunning......

Lee
12-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Dear Boxy, Beautiful wonder-full painting, hmmm? wonder what caused all the trouble in the wood, thanks for the snippet, guess will have to read the book?:)

RobertSWade
12-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Congrats ... I know you put a lot of time and thought into this. Very impressive work.

sandyg
12-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Great to see it Boxy, I loved each stage, the blackberries look great and little hedgehog, hope he's good. Thanks for a little insight into your book, it's a type I'd like to read, I haven't any small children now, and none of my children are going to give me grand children so I'll just have to read it to myself, but with lots of pictures of yours I will enjoy it.

Boxy
12-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Thank you so much for all your comments and encouragement. I can't wait to finish this project and its great to know there would be some interest - On to the next illustration!
Boxy

Belvrog
12-15-2008, 01:23 AM
Wow. That's some truely compelling work. I agree with pai. The style really fits to all audiences. I hope you'll keep us updated on the progress of the book.

Boxy
12-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks Belvrog. It would be thrilling to think such a book had a wide appeal.
I will definitely be sharing more, but not everything, got to keep some things back :)
Thanks for looking.
Boxy

screenpainter
12-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Amazing stunning illustration work. The book looks highly marketable to me.
Much success! The art work is just fantastic. :)

idiotiQue
12-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Just, wow. :)

ScottF
12-16-2008, 06:55 AM
Great work! I always love the wealth of detail that you include!

Beckielouhoo
12-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Bravo! I think this is my first post, although I have been lurking for about a year. Your work compelled me! I am a lover of Childrens Books and your work and words absolutely invoke my need to know more! Keep up the great work.

Mairzie Dotes
12-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Boxy,
Truly beautiful artistry is obvious in this illustration. The creativity
is amazing and thought provoking even for we adults. I am already
anticipating the story line. Wonderful! :)

maror
12-17-2008, 12:34 AM
superb work... thanks for this sneak peak! Hope to see some more here...
good luck with this ambitious project!

Greetz maror

Boxy
12-17-2008, 02:05 AM
Thank you so much for all your kind words. It is so exciting to get such an amazing reaction.
And thanks to your great response I am determined to try and get this published now, so I probably won't be able to show it all. But here is the first and second page sketch.The two opening verses don't give the story away, they're just establishing the mood so I don't mind sharing them.
As ever I appreciate advice on either the image or the words. It is hilarious to realise how little I know about grammar and punctuation!!
Thanks again
Boxy

http://www.boxy.co.uk/uploads/Page1Layout.jpg

jibes
12-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Very fine work Mr Boxy!!!!

sandyg
12-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi Boxy, great work , great expression on the tree and toadstool and bird
faces.
All the best in producing your book, I'm sure it will do well.

Aureo Lima
12-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Fantastic, Boxy!

A professional and detailed work well!

Amazing! :D

Boxy
12-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Thank you very much.
For what its worth I'm sending a package out to my first agency tomorrow. What a nice christmas present it would be to get a positive response.
Thanks again for the support.
Boxy

Lee
12-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Dear Boxy, Hey, let us know if you get good news! that would be very nice! best wishes:)

Rowena
12-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Blimey! ...its really good work!!!
Good luck with your publisher, I am quite certain you will have much success :D

Boxy
12-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks both. Lee this is the first place I'll be coming to share any good news :). Although I feel it would be too much to expect the first agent I try to take the project on board!
Thanks
Boxy

dismagartist
12-19-2008, 03:11 PM
I have been away fro the forum for a while, so I am new to this piece and its work in progress. I love the end result. The poem sparks interest too. Good luck.

Boxy
12-20-2008, 02:50 AM
Thanks dismagartist. Much appreciated.
Boxy

Jules
03-18-2009, 12:08 AM
Now that's brilliant!

Boxy
03-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks Jules.
Had to take a frustrating break but hopefully I'll be able to get back into it soon
Thanks for looking.
Boxy

Jules
03-18-2009, 10:57 PM
I hope so! Keep up the good work Boxy :D

byroncallas
03-19-2009, 05:01 AM
I find this an extraordinary piece of work. It's remarkably intricate, rich rich rich in creative content and beautifully executed. Couldn't be a better painting selected for the "ambient spotlight" section. I love it.

Best, Byron

orbital_chiller
03-29-2009, 05:27 AM
Awesome illustration. I especially love the tree texture.

Boxy
03-31-2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks very much orbital, much appreciated. I enjoyed doing the tree most :)
Boxy

berky93
04-02-2009, 05:10 PM
awesome! reminds me of one of those old fairy tale books - not the childish ones, but the really old ones with the really in-depth and captivating illustrations. if I could find them, I'd still look through some of my old books just to see the great graphics...or I could wait for you to release another illustration.:D

Boxy
04-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks Berky. I'm chuffed you said that, I love all those old fairytale books. Awesome stuff by the likes of Rackham and Dulac etc. Then my favourite illustrated books as a child were the classic ladybird series illustrated by Robert Lumley - The Three Billy Goats Gruff, The Elves and The Shoemaker, The Three Little Pigs and who could forget his seminal work, The Enormous Turnip :D

sally packham
04-11-2009, 07:29 AM
This is wonderful work, you are a very talented artist.

Boxy
04-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks Sally, I appreciate your kind comments.
Boxy.

ENCHANTER
04-13-2009, 12:35 PM
i would have loved to do book illustration like You and Nickillus, this is magical and takes me away ...like a picture should do!!:D

Bumble
04-13-2009, 01:29 PM
:eek:Absolutely wonderful:):):)

Boxy
04-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Thanks both. But Enchanter, I too wish i could do book illustrations like Nickillus. Now there's real professional illustration for you!!
I love your comment though because that magic transportation is indeed what I look for in pictures - I always get that with Nick's work :)
Cheers for stopping by.
Boxy

Vladimir Einstienear
04-13-2009, 11:18 PM
I will def buy the book

Vlad;

Boxy
04-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Hey thanks Vlad, I'll put you down for one :) Thankfully I should be able to start on it again this week.
Boxy

Boxy
04-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Hurray! I finally got started on this again :)

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?p=176699#post176699

Thanks
Boxy

Selby
08-17-2010, 07:43 AM
always love coming to look at this:)

Selby
08-18-2010, 07:10 AM
bought this beautiful book yesterday and look forward to reading it to my son...how lovely to have a copy of a book from an author illustrator i know:)

Boxy
08-18-2010, 07:20 AM
Aw Selby thanks so much! I just saw this reply now and realised you'd left one yesterday too. I hope you enjoy it! I'm currently thinking of ways to make a more interactive version for the iPad/iPhone. :)
Cheers - that looks suspiciously like a new wee bairn you have in your hands. :)
Boxy Sav

pentool
08-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Holy smokes! That is really really really really (did I say REALLY) nice!

Boxy
08-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks Pentool. It was fun to do. :)

Jules
08-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Hi Boxy, loving this painting.

Have you sold any and have you self published or gone through a publisher? I see you have gone through blurb. Reason why I ask is, ive published my art book through lulu and fancied doing an illustrated book, but heard that booksellers wont take self published items. Cheers.

Jules

Boxy
08-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Thanks Jules. Yes selling nicely - not that you'll see it on the best sellers list any time soon but I'm pleasantly surprised.
It is self published at Blurb. I haven't really tried a publisher yet but if what you say is true - which wouldn't surprise me - then there's no point in wasting my time waiting for all those rejections! :)
So far I tried a couple of agents, but quite honestly haven't been very impressed with their general attitude to prospectors. As I mentioned, I think I'm going to explore an iPad version. After all, Apple is probably as big a distributor as any publisher these days and less susceptible to the god complex thing. ;)
I'll check your Lulu book out.
Cheers

Danny the Fool
08-20-2010, 12:09 AM
Apple has a god complex alright, but if you make an interactive app out of your book, they will give you a fair chance to sell your work on the app store. Which is more than you can say about most book sellers. I enjoyed your book, I bought it a while back. It'll be interesting to see what you can do with it in a more dynamic medium :)

Btw, there are printing-on-demand services that issue ISBNs, including lulu. That'd at least let people *order* your book through their book seller or through amazon. But I guess if you have to advertise it yourself anyway, it won't make much of a difference.

Boxy
08-20-2010, 02:26 AM
Cheers Danny. :)
I'll have to look into the isbn thing, it would be good to get listed on something like Amazon.
Thanks
Sav

Nickillus
08-27-2010, 02:17 AM
Hey Sav,
I've been looking into that a bit. It's about £110 for ten. That's the minimum purchase.
http://www.isbn.nielsenbook.co.uk/controller.php?page=123

Or at least that what it leads me to believe here.

Boxy
08-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Great, thanks Nick I'll look into that.
Sav

kenmo
09-08-2010, 03:53 AM
What beautiful work....

Boxy
09-09-2010, 05:01 AM
Thanks Kenmo. Much appreciated. :)

Polioliolio
04-23-2012, 01:26 AM
I love this!

What dimensions are you working at for these images??

Boxy
04-23-2012, 03:41 AM
Thanks polioliolio, much appreciated. I was working to the specs for Blurb's 7 x 7 inch book:

http://www.blurb.com/create/book/dimensions

screenpainter
04-23-2012, 05:52 AM
was great to see this thread pop up again. extraordinary beautiful and brilliant work.

Steve B
04-23-2012, 07:28 AM
Boxy, 7 x 7 at what dpi? Essentially, I think the Canvas Size is the more useful measurement when working digitally.

Although it would be interesting to know if you printed your images at their final print size, or shrunk them to look the same scale, in order to see how things were reading.... I've run into this sometimes when making an image which is then printed-- on my screen its quite large, and things read differently when printed at various scales. On that level, the actual size of the final print image has importance too. Just kinda curious how you approached those things.

Boxy
04-24-2012, 04:10 AM
Thanks screenpainter. :)

Steve I always use 300ppi for this kind of print work. I can't quite remember the exact working pipeline now, but I basically painted the images to match Blurb's specs as I knew this was the route I'd be taking. I do remember working out a canvas zoom value equivalent to the 7 inch specs just so I got an idea of what the images would actually look like printed at 7 x 7in - that was done simply by putting an actual ruler up against the screen, zooming the AR canvas until it matched the appropriate value on the ruler, then memorising the zoom value. That way I could just input that zoom value to check the 'real world' size as I painted.
Cheers. :)

Nickillus
04-24-2012, 04:37 AM
That's good information Sav.

I don't suppose you are considering doing another little gem in the same mold? In all your spare time . . . . .
It would be delightful to see another thread like this from you where we could follow its progress with bated breath. This one has been packed with insight and inspiration. Many thanks for that.

I know I'm working on some book plates for a job at the moment and have scaled them up to 150% so that the work is not quite as fiddly to do (the plates are relatively small). Also they should look crisper when printed. That's working in Sketchbook Pro but you can do it in AR as well of course. Just remember to reduce the things down to the right proportions for actual printing.

Boxy
04-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Thanks Nick. That's also good advice. I think I would make them bigger next time because fine details were occasionally too pixelated at 7 inches.
Can't wait to see what you're working on, always a pleasure!!
I've been a bit lazy on the ideas front for another book but I have some vague notions of where the story could go. However there is that eternal problem - I felt I learned a lot through doing the first book (which was the point after all,) but now that I've learned more I want to go back and improve what I did because of what I learned! :D I'm not sure I could bring myself to do that and anyway it would be a shame to tamper with the chronology of evolving 2D styles, but the upshot is that any second book would probably look different.
Cheers

Nickillus
04-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Hey Sav,
Great to hear you are thinking about another book idea.
Personally I don't think there is any need to go back and fiddle with your utterly charming first.

The majority of us get that 'I wish I'd done this. . . . ' feeling about projects. I have the urge to go back and fix just about every single piece I've ever done.

The temptation with digital and this comparatively new outlet for publishing where we have so much control, is more pronounced because the opportunity is there in reality.

Rather than go back and tamper with Piggotty, implementing everything you learned in actually producing it in the first place, why not take the characters forward into an sequel?

That way you get to play with the characters some more if you wish, but with the new, improved production strategies that you've taken on board. It might satisfy any urges about Piggotty and give you a new book in the process.

Only a thought. Whatever you do will be great and I can't wait to see something appear here about it.

Palex
04-25-2012, 10:54 AM
I would give my right eye to be this good. Well done.

Boxy
04-26-2012, 03:47 AM
Too kind Palex! :D
Nick I think you are right, one can only go forward with a view to strengthen characters and storylines. I hope I get round to it - too many new ideas pop into my head and they're all viciously scrapping for a big piece of that rarest of things, my spare time!! :D I'm sure most of us know that feeling.
Cheers

Fashmir
04-26-2012, 08:12 AM
I look forward to another book too Sav. I love the first one just the way it is and I'm happy I bought one. I'll be in line for your next effort as well. Great stuff.

Boxy
04-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Hi Fashmir
Thanks very much, I felt honoured you bought one. Any more encouragement and I might just have to start on this!! :D
Cheers

Nickillus
04-26-2012, 11:48 PM
I bought it too Sav - totally without hesitation.

Off you go then. Next project. You've had the extra encouragement you mentioned so no excuses now . . . .

Boxy
04-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Cornered! There seems to be no way out now. :D

Steve B
04-28-2012, 06:05 AM
I was curious what scale you guys would recommend working at for something like this?

If I was doing traditional media I might do 125 or 133%, but with digital I've wondered. If any of you wanted to make a 9 x 10 print image, would you just work at 2700 x 3000? Or would you still work at a slightly larger scale, just to get more detail in- say, 3600 x 4000, or something like that? Or do you think that's just sort of overkill? I don't mind working big, but there comes a point when I've wondered if it needlessly is slowing down my system. It would be very instructive to hear from those that work professionally in the field.

Boxy
04-28-2012, 06:23 AM
I would always hike up the size from now on - as big as I can get away with. More often that not I make every painting at least A3 imperial - 5000 pixels because - yes sharper details, but also, you never know when you'll want a bigger version or a crop etc. I'm currently working on a personal thing which is about 7000px and Artrage is handling it fine on my iMac. Interface operations like select, undo, move layer etc are a bit slow whereas in Photoshop they would still be instant at this size, but they're different beasts and I'm always hopeful the fantabulous Ambient team will find ways to speed that stuff up. Besides, there are about 36 layers in that file so if I flattened it things would be quicker. :)
Cheers

Fashmir
05-01-2012, 03:51 AM
I was curious what scale you guys would recommend working at for something like this?

If I was doing traditional media I might do 125 or 133%, but with digital I've wondered. If any of you wanted to make a 9 x 10 print image, would you just work at 2700 x 3000? Or would you still work at a slightly larger scale, just to get more detail in- say, 3600 x 4000, or something like that? Or do you think that's just sort of overkill? I don't mind working big, but there comes a point when I've wondered if it needlessly is slowing down my system. It would be very instructive to hear from those that work professionally in the field.

My own rule for myself is to work at the highest possible resolution I can and still have reasonable performance. I just like having the most pixel density I can get and if a client pulls a last minute request for a larger format it can really make things smoother.

Steve B
05-03-2012, 01:36 AM
This's interesting to hear. Thanks for the info.

I'm working on a x200t tablet pc with a core2duo and 8 gb ram, and although art programs like Paint Tool Sai can work in that 7000-8000 pixel range very easily, Artrage really bogs down for me. It's a bummer, but true. If I want to do a 9 x 10 image, I really have to stick to something like 300-500 dpi. Clearly, that's more than large enough for print, as I understand it, but yes, more detail always looks better. And, I was thinking.... "Well, if I did this naturally I'd probably be working at something like atleast 12" x 14" or so"-- thus, the desire to go bigger digitally as well.

I've been pondering the value of a desktop. I live a pretty mobile life, and my x200t has been a godsend, but as I try and move into something more professional, I'm feeling the computer grind a bit. For instance, with the watercolor brush anything above 250 or so is pretty slow (I can do 500 pixels, its just not very speedy), and things like the Hard Out Smear (which I use to simulate wet washes), is very very slow if made much bigger than 150 or so. It's not that I can't do print sized work, it just takes more patience.

It'd be nice to hear back from Twagger or Nickullus on this front as well, as I know they also do professional work in Artrage.

uberzilla
12-30-2012, 09:28 AM
I like what I am seeing.

dpallee
07-11-2013, 05:43 PM
outstanding work.

silva
09-24-2013, 05:49 AM
Wow! This is amazing. There are so many things to look at, this cover will keep the kids glued. I can't wait to see some of the interior pages.

Victor Osaka
10-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Do you get a good percentage of Blurb sales of your book? Their site is down for maint. I'll try to buy a copy in a few days.

Boxy
10-06-2014, 01:10 AM
Sorry for the radio silence, I hadn't realised there were replies! Thanks for the compliments everyone, much appreciated.

The size issue is a mute point now that 64bit AR is out. I'm happily working at over double the quoted sizes now with few issues and I can't see many scenarios where someone would want an image more than a metre large @ 300dpi. There's enough info in that to cater for everything from postage stamps to giant banners thrown over the side of a building.

Victor, too kind! Like most publishing arrangements, the self publishing system is not designed with the author's well being in mind - that would only happen as a by-product of selling a million copies which is unlikely - but no, you don't get a very good percentage. You do set your own cut but it would be totally unrealistic to make it a reasonable amount because Blurb's base costs are big. I think I get about 10% on the hard backs.

Sav

Slap Happy Larry
10-25-2014, 10:35 AM

We're just finishing up our third iPad picturebook app. When we first started four years back there was no retina screen, but I made the canvas size double the iPad screen. That's 2048x1536 pixels. Then the retina screens came out from Apple, so I was glad I'd made it double size, because we now made use of the double size in an update, and the new screens showed up every detail. Now I'm thinking I should probably be working at quadruple iPad size, and there's no real reason why I can't because we just bought a new Apple Mac which is perfectly fast enough, but the thing is, the programmer has to load a whole bunch of things onto the page at once when coding the page turns of the book, including narration, sound effects, and assets which will be activated on touch, so he ends up optimising my pngs anyhow, which means taking away as much detail as he can get away with (without me noticing, ha!). Otherwise the pages would load too slowly. So for now I'm still working with the 2048x1536 size canvas. You can get excellent results like that if you're producing picturebook artwork for the screen. If creating art assets for the screen, decide first what kind of platform you're publishing for... Android screens are different dimensions, then there's Kindle tablets etc. If you wanted to publish across all platforms you'd need to design your artwork in such a way that sides get cut off depending on the size of the screen. Since layout of pages is so crucial, I don't know how a book designer would successfully do that. (It'd be hard, anyhow.)

This is partly why we're only publishing picturebooks via Apple.

To comment on your query, if at any point you think your artwork might be digitised, I'd go big. Just in case. At least double, kinda thing.

Victor Osaka
10-26-2014, 06:52 AM
Hey Sav, I just purchased the hard cover of your Ballad of Piggotty Wood book. It will go into my collection. Love all your work.

Victor Osaka
11-09-2014, 01:32 PM
It is a great little book! And so cool to see your ArtRage illustrations in print. Something nice about being able to handle them in a book. Got the hard cover version. Love it.

Boxy
11-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Thank you so much Victor, I'm glad you liked it. I really like the hard cover version too. :D I seem to have missed your previous post, thanks for purchasing!
Sav

AnArtist
11-19-2014, 02:45 AM
Thank you very much everyone.
Pai I might just keep the story under wraps for now in case it actually turns out good enough to actually send to a literary agent (ha, wishful thinking, what a nice thing that would be to do for a living!). Its nothing devastatingly good or new but you never know. ;) The little badger cub is at the centre of the story as are his dad and the owl obviously.
I do hope to post more images as I loved getting the feedback from you all. There will be another 16 of these double page spreads to do, so a long way to go!
Thanks
Boxy

I hope some day to do as well as you are doing with Artrage 4. My tablet is in the mail!

Boxy
12-14-2014, 10:45 PM
Thanks AnArtist, I hope you're enjoying your tablet and ArtRage!

Oli
08-10-2015, 06:12 AM
Pictures say a thousand words or can do done well..I love the idea of tree knots morphing into faces.

Boxy
08-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Thanks Oli. :)

angelibutler
08-14-2015, 10:22 PM
I really liked it! Great idea! I'm gonna get hard cover one :o:o:o

Boxy
08-15-2015, 02:49 AM
Thanks angelibutler, too kind! Every purchase brings the Piggotty Wood sequel a millimetre closer. :D
Hope you enjoy it,
Sav

Nickillus
07-31-2016, 10:03 PM
Thanks angelibutler, too kind! Every purchase brings the Piggotty Wood sequel a millimetre closer. :D
Hope you enjoy it,
Sav

We want it to get closer by kilometres, not millimetres, Sav. I seem to recall you working on a script/screenplay based on Piggotty at one point. Did that lead anywhere you can tell us about? Or are such things tip-top-secret-hush-hush-keeping-mum?

Boxy
08-01-2016, 11:10 AM
We want it to get closer by kilometres, not millimetres, Sav. I seem to recall you working on a script/screenplay based on Piggotty at one point. Did that lead anywhere you can tell us about? Or are such things tip-top-secret-hush-hush-keeping-mum?

Too kind Nick, never say never! :) I tend to use this project as a framework for learning new stuff just because all the assets now already exist. At some point I was interested in how to write a movie script and used Piggotty wood as a starting point. Must finish it. Obviously the next step after the script is to make the movie and as it happens I do need a project to teach myself Blender 3D, where my first task will be to model a few dozen cgi animators and a decent director so they can help create the movie. 😄 Dream on. I am reminded of a famous project called Rustboy...

byroncallas
08-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Too kind Nick, never say never! :) I tend to use this project as a framework for learning new stuff just because all the assets now already exist. At some point I was interested in how to write a movie script and used Piggotty wood as a starting point. Must finish it. Obviously the next step after the script is to make the movie and as it happens I do need a project to teach myself Blender 3D, where my first task will be to model a few dozen cgi animators and a decent director so they can help create the movie. 😄 Dream on. I am reminded of a famous project called Rustboy...

Yes, never say never. Piggotty will be there, someday, at a theater near you.

All best, old friends.

:-)
b

Boxy
08-13-2016, 06:44 PM
Ha, I like your style Byron! A toast to our next merry AR gathering friend. :D