View Full Version : brush size up/down

04-08-2006, 02:21 AM
This is really good, but:

when changing a brush size, it's confusing to have 'bigger' correspond to 'down' and 'smaller' to 'up'

a 'clear screen' option would be nice, and maybe tooltips giving the names of the tools (able to be turned off, of course).

04-09-2006, 12:57 AM
You know. it's funny, but I had felt the same way. Then I realized that I was actually moving my stylus perpendicular to the direction of the brush image -- which equates to diagonally. A little more playing, it seems that up and down motions do not change the brush -- it is the left/right aspect of the diagonal movement that made the change.

Thinking of the movement as left/right, the operation made sense. Moving left decreases the size, and moving right increases.

I think it is the diagonal image that throws things off.

04-09-2006, 11:56 PM
I can definitely see how that can be the case. You're quite right drzeller, it is indeed the horizontal component of the movement that changes the brush size. Useful feedback!

04-10-2006, 12:38 AM
OK, more playing. Now I have a complaint!

The brush size only changes with horizontal movement.
The tool settings only change with vertical movement.

They should be consistent, IMHO. I think the best user experience would probably be if the settings changed regardless of whether the user was using up/down or left/right (up and/or right increase, left and/or down decrease).