PDA

View Full Version : Revolting Ingredients

Nickillus
11-13-2008, 01:05 AM
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=2540&catid=member&imageuser=2930
Had to call a halt to playing with this one and enter it in the challenge it ended up being aimed at. Originally it was begun late for the Imaginefx Halloween 'Witchy' challenge but family stuff got in the way at the last minute. Fortunately the Pixelbrush challenge with an almost identical them still had some time left in it, so I transferred it there. I had planned to do two separate images, but time beat me and how.

It's all ArtRage apart from a tiny bit of layer tweaking and moving around that needed hurrying up near the deadline. That had me save as psd and move temporarily into Painter. Given a bit more time I would have been able and preferred to do every last thing in AR. Ah well.
copyright Nick Harris 2008
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=2540&catid=member&imageuser=2930

Dany51
11-13-2008, 01:17 AM
Ah, is so wonderful, thank you very much to share this.
Why you don't do a book whith this fabulous illustrations?:)

orbital_chiller
11-13-2008, 01:39 AM
I've already commented this work within your gallery. It probably took you so much patience. Incredible lighting!
Wish to reach that illustrative level, very inspiring =)

~~~~

Cool, with this i've just discovered Pixelbrush, very interesting site =)

Caesar
11-13-2008, 03:05 AM
So here's finally the most recent masterpiece You were working on, Master Nick! An almost peerless marvel of art talent and ArtRage skills merging!

coops
11-13-2008, 03:56 AM
I think this is wonderful Nickillus, I keep looking and finding other things hidden, oh it's great.

jibes
11-13-2008, 05:15 AM
Masterly done Nick as are all your works. Not only line work, color and composition but also a great feel for the setting of the scene. I will definitely be looking forward to more of yours in the future.

weembaman
11-13-2008, 07:22 AM
excellent work, there are many hidden things to be found...Very nice..

rax_m
11-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Fantastic work of art Nickillus :eek:

I especially love the critters in the foreground that look like they're going to fight for their friends ;)

Is_It
11-13-2008, 08:32 AM
Just outstanding!

To me it is between heroic fantasy, Mc Beth and a tale by the Grimm brothers. I love the malice in the eyes of the character on the left. This tree got to be alive!

sandyg
11-13-2008, 10:05 AM
Nickillus, this is really good, did the good looking one start out like the hag on the left, once she had the mix, she became lovely.
Can make our own stories out of this one.
Good enough to win.
Good luck with the theme contest.
Amazing work.

Boxy
11-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Ah, is so wonderful, thank you very much to share this.
Why you don't do a book whith this fabulous illustrations?:)

I would buy it more than once:) Yet another amazing work Nick.
Boxy

Nickillus
11-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks for dropping by and leaving such nice comments everybody. It really is appreciated.

I am actually thinking of knocking a booky thing together using the Blurb site and their software. It's just a case of deciding just what. I'd like it to be more than just a parade of images with a bit of text. I'll keep those of you mad enough to show interest in such a venture abreast of any development in that direction. Thanks for the interest though. It all helps egg me on.

Boxy
11-13-2008, 01:45 PM
That's great news, look forward to hearing more.
Boxy

Ares
11-13-2008, 02:18 PM
wot ???? how ??????
this is so incrediabl so magical and so full of small detailed things. you r so incredibly patient.
and great news about that book I'll be waiting to hear more of that, goodluck ;)

AndyRage
11-13-2008, 03:50 PM
I am actually thinking of knocking a booky thing together using the Blurb site and their software. It's just a case of deciding just what. I'd like it to be more than just a parade of images with a bit of text. I'll keep those of you mad enough to show interest in such a venture abreast of any development in that direction. Thanks for the interest though. It all helps egg me on.

"The ArtRage Wow Book"
:cool:

RobertSWade
11-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Amazing work as always Nick and a story unto itself. :)

Dany51
11-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Well, I just descovered , few days ago or so, Blurb myself , good idea for a

"The ArtRage Wow Book" , is for sure that to ad text on that subject is not easyer as writing a like Grimm story,
I 'll waite for this with impatiance as for the ArtRage3,
Christmas time arriving who knows ...?:)

Mairzie Dotes
11-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Nickillus,
I could not take my eyes away from this painting . . . so much to
see, admire and marvel at. Just a wonderfully painted piece! :)

pai
11-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi Nick, it's nice to see this final piece in the gallery. Another amazing work and imagination after that fantasy art studio. I already admire this one since you posted in WIP. Anyone interest in the WIPs from Nick's paintings, you can find it from here:
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7614&page=7

Definitely would like to see all your illustrations in a "Artrage Wow Book". :)

ginahobbit
11-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Truly stunning work, I Love it:)

ScottF
11-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Incredibly well done and so full of life and imagination! Your work always amazes me.

orbital_chiller
11-14-2008, 07:20 AM
One of my 3 votes was for you ;)