PDA

View Full Version : Child of the forest

Nabil Saleh
11-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Hello Dear friends .
I painted this portrait from a small image (which I also attached in this post) from the moment I saw this photo it caught my eyes because it showed that this child is really a son of the forest , which is really seen from the dirt on his cloth and skin and the many wonds on him and I tried to accentiuat these features . I changed some of the features of his face (under the nose) because it wasn't so beautiful :) .. and I changed all the background, and I captured his cloth with all it's featured exactly as much as I could. it took me plenty of time as I was working on it before the last flowers painting .I changed the background more than once because I was trying to make it as simple as I could so that the eye doesn't divert from the child .
only on one layer as usual
I'll will post the steps that I done this painting in , soon in the Tips & tricks section .
I hope you like it and I'm waiting your comments .

weembaman
11-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Amazing....That is fantastic and The background looks great...Great work...!!

Dany51
11-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Nabil, is a very, very good painting, prettier than the photo, but here are the point, this child is like a rose with rain on it, you can smell it better;
for him the rain is the white dirt on his body and face and can see his soul in his eyes. You did make a lifting of his face and I am sure that people will like the face as you paint it but for me this imperfections that you take out can explain to the viewer the pain that he can have inside,
this is one point, also, there are a disonance from the rest of the body, which is so well done, that natural pouder is all around his body, than for me is better to find it a little on his face too.
I like the way you paint the hear.
I don't want to make you sad, this is in fact my personal opinion about beauty in a painting, I prefere to have the expression of what is inside as a preaty face, even when the face is very preaty.
But this are matter of details and soul.:)

Macbe
11-04-2008, 04:25 PM
:eek: just Amazing, I love his eyes. Only one thing, I think that you'll should finish the tool coz it's not a simple trunk :p...the rest it's perfect, identical to the photo.:)

pai
11-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Amazing work again, Nabil. Very detail and execellent painted. :) I also agree what Dany suggested. With the powder on his face, it will have that stronger expression since this is to describe he belongs to the forest. His face is too clean for that.

ScottF
11-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Simply WOW! Just so very well done!

Caesar
11-04-2008, 09:37 PM
It was a superlative work, dearest Nabil! I'm in awe in front of Your artistic talent indeed!
I would buy and keep as a treasure any tutorial on how You get such magic results in a relatively limited time (as it appears considering the frequency of Your posts and the other daily duties and responsibilities).

shirly
11-05-2008, 04:38 AM
Wow......
Another Wow....
.........and another wow!!

absolutely breathtaking work!!!:)
I love the way you did the hair and eyebrows!!
and no doubt your painting looks better than the pic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work!!
Bravo!

sandyg
11-05-2008, 05:18 AM
Beautiful painting again Nabil.
I love it, it looks like his been working hours in the forest. His eyes tell a story.

berre
11-05-2008, 06:18 AM
incredible how you manage this... Your technique is simply perfect.

Nabil Saleh
11-05-2008, 06:24 AM
Thank you my dear friends Weembaman, Dany, Macbe & Pai for your nice comments , I'm happy because of the friendly spirit between every body here on this forum .
My dear Dany. no comment can make me sad specially comments from a great artist like you, I didn't paint all the dirt on his face because I was feeling petty for the child so I couldn't paint all the dirt on him and I thought maybe some how he could get clean once or so , atlhough I knew that painting the dirt on his face would accentituat the idea of the pain that this kid is feeling.
Also I want to say that I'm happy because you took some time out of your day to take a look on my painting and thank you again .

Nabil Saleh
11-05-2008, 06:27 AM
My dear friend ScottF thank you very much for you friendly comments , I'm glad you liked it.

Nabil Saleh
11-05-2008, 06:33 AM
My dear good friend Caesar , I can't find the words to describe my graitude about your noble feeling towards me and my work.
I will try to post a toturial as you asked , but give me some time as I'm still thinking about how to do it while all was on one layer, but I'm thinking of posting images of my saved files during the steps I did on this painting.
again thank you very very much dear Caesar.

Aureo Lima
11-05-2008, 07:09 AM
One "WOW" more to collection! :eek:

Perfect! Amazing!

Nabil Saleh
11-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Dear Shirly , thank you very much for appreciating my work and for your nice comment .

Nabil Saleh
11-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Dear Sandyg , thanks for your beautiful comment , I'm glad you liked it .

Nabil Saleh
11-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Dear friends , Berre and Aureo Lima , thanks for your nice comments .

D Akey
11-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Hyper-real. I'm very impressed. You have made a perfect image, where the photo was very dull. Yours is sharp and heightened with clarity and color that goes way beyond the photo in making him feel like he could move.

Would be very interesting were you to do re-constructive paintings from mummies and various forensic variations.

Extremely detailed. Great work! :):):):)

Fashmir
11-05-2008, 06:03 PM
This is very beautiful work. I am impressed and delighted by this picture.

coops
11-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Add another WOW, this is beautiful and what soulful eyes. Excellent Nabil as always

Nabil Saleh
11-06-2008, 04:15 AM
Hello dear friend D Akey .
The fact that you always appreciat my work always makes me happy, also I'm happy because your comment shows that you spent some time looking at my painting and comparing it to the photo.
when ever I post a painting I always await your comment because it's important to me.
Thank you very very much my dear D Akey.

Nabil Saleh
11-06-2008, 04:18 AM
Dear Fashmir .
Thank you very much for your beautiful comment. I saw your gallery and I'm very impressed by your work which shows that you are a real artisit, I hope to see more quality work from you on the forum.

Nabil Saleh
11-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Dear Coops , thank you for your friendly comment .

ENCHANTER
11-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Nabil,
you have produced an amazing painting,
it is perfectly done, is this all done in Artrage?

amazing!

:D

Nabil Saleh
11-06-2008, 01:03 PM
My dear ENCHANTER , thank you for you appreciated my work .
You asked : is this all done in Artrage? , Yes , all with ArtRage only .

Ares
11-06-2008, 02:22 PM
is that kid egyption ???
I have been to egypt before and I think they were prettier than that :S ...
any way....... Mr. Nabil , I really think that the refrenced photo looks boring in comparison to yours .... oooo and ofc I'm not going to tlk about how talented you are because I know u have already heard alot of that :)

Dany51
11-06-2008, 06:59 PM
My dear Dany. no comment can make me sad specially comments from a great artist like you, I didn't paint all the dirt on his face because I was feeling petty for the child so I couldn't paint all the dirt on him and I thought maybe some how he could get clean once or so , atlhough I knew that painting the dirt on his face would accentituat the idea of the pain that this kid is feeling.
Also I want to say that I'm happy because you took some time out of your day to take a look on my painting and thank you again . There are one thing that is very true is that your painting looks more real than the photo, clothes included,
I don't want to argue about that because each artist have his vision and point of view, thank you that you did understand my point of view,
anyway, in a painting you cant express evrything in the same time and is the choice of the artist of what he want to express and to show;
excelent work.:)

Khalid_ipda
11-07-2008, 01:46 AM
Beautiful....its looks really photo. You are very expert:):D:D

Nabil Saleh
11-07-2008, 03:02 AM
Dear Ares , thank you for your nice comment .
This child not Egyption .

Nabil Saleh
11-07-2008, 03:04 AM
My dear Dany , thank you again for your beautiful words .

Nabil Saleh
11-07-2008, 03:07 AM
My dear Khalid , thank you for beautiful words , I'm gldd you liked it .

Nabil Saleh
11-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Dear Jams , thank you for your nice comment .

RobertSWade
11-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Amazing in detail and depth, and I love the palette you went with for the sky and background. :)

Nabil Saleh
11-07-2008, 01:03 PM
My dear friend RobertSWade , thank you very mutch for your friendly comments , I'm glad you liked it .

Jester2001
11-07-2008, 01:22 PM
WOW! What an amazingly beautiful picture, a born adventurer! Really good work Nabil, I am very eager to see your tutorial as soon as possible. :)

Nabil Saleh
11-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Dear Jester , thank you for your nice comment .

Nabil Saleh
11-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Dear Jester , I will send the tutorial as soon as possible .