well a futuristic lighthouse

about 25 layers :oops:

mixed technique about 1.5h, real size 2500x1500px

hope you like it...

greez

D Akey
08-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Great color keying!

I love this one. The design is inventive and you pulled it off dimensionally.

Say, what was it like working on 25 layers? Are you primarily using the layers as a history to be able to go back and change something? Or doing variations to see what they look like?

limecube
08-05-2006, 06:47 PM
It a fantastic furturistic lighthouse!
It Amazing! Well Done! :D

heikki
08-05-2006, 07:49 PM
:)

Fine idea and nice work.

Future technology images is that area what dont many draw at this forum and art-inventors can be some new ideas in the art-mind or can born new ideas. Idea can sleep everyone's head only waiting that it's waking.

Maror. Maybe you open artproject of this issue?

:)

"We do have always future and memoryes."

:?

chrisV
08-05-2006, 08:15 PM
I like the style and your color use is great. Old school Sci-Fi :P

jacktar51
08-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Maror..hi........You have a flair for art.....This is a very nice piece of work here...very imaginative,futuristic..and very well executed....well done...Jack.

ENCHANTER
08-05-2006, 11:26 PM
amazing sleeek design, and concept, good colouring

good old futristic vision

brill!

:D

maror
08-06-2006, 12:29 AM
@D Akey

hmmm i like the (new) layer function too much. :wink: i had normaly a layer for background, 3 or 4 object layers, a shadow layer and a highlight layer. but here i was too lazy to tidy it up and whenever i draw a new part i made a new layer...
and yes i have duplicatet the backgroundlayer for backup!
my selfdesicion: "Merge more next time" 8)

@limecube

well thanks alot... i was just laughing (great sorry) about your nick "limecube". There a funny picture in my mind.... :P (edit: look down)

@heikki

thanks for comment

yes you're right, but i think many artist are a bit weak about this huge amount of conceptart in the www (nice but always this painter look...).

hmmm artproject, would be a good idea... I like some battles in here :D

@chrisV

i like that you like it...but you must explain "oldschool" Sci-Fi to me?
What is oldschool for you? :D

@jacktar51 & enchanter
i'm honored..thx

greez maror

ENCHANTER
08-06-2006, 01:59 AM
thats a brilliant interpretation of 'limecube'

that actually looks like its based on a real fruit!

:D

maror
08-06-2006, 07:16 AM
thx enchanter...

for heikki ...here another peice of sf art...done right now
about 4.5h

greez

Aged P
08-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Wow Maror!

It's all so great.

The Limecube is especially good!!

The ship in the last one is sort of cuttle fish shaped, very different.

Fashmir
08-06-2006, 09:05 AM
I like these very much. I haven't done much SF mostly fantasy and nature. I like it very much though, maybe I will try my hand at some SF (Maror inspires). Great limecube.

AndyRage
08-06-2006, 10:16 AM
Awesome stuff, maror. You've got a really nice surface for the lighthouse. The limecube is cute.

ENCHANTER
08-06-2006, 10:26 AM
that nautilus shaped spaceship is brill....and the perspective is wonderful and landscape too hmmmm...you inspired me to do some spaceships too! :wink: :D

drzeller
08-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Great futuristic pieces, Maror. One's mind can really wander and imagine your new worlds.

D.

chrisV
08-06-2006, 03:05 PM
I had a Sci-FI art book from the mid 70's that had all kinds of book covers and paintings from the 20's to the 70's in it . This reminded me of about 1/2 of them. I gave the book to my friend becuse is almost impossible to find and he loves books.

I'll ask him for the name and publisher and post it when I get it. The book had a collage with a giant yellow boxy robot on it with the flash gordons ship and amazing comics stuff. I hope that clears it up a bit.

D Akey
08-06-2006, 05:57 PM
I get ChrisV's old school comment and see it straight away. I'll wait for his reply to see if I'm right in my suspicion as to his reference.

D Akey
08-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Oh, didn't see he already replied.

Yeah, it looks like an old sci-fi pulp cover.

So is this a an entry for concept sketch for the Blizzard 2D development category? They could animate it pretty well and it's eye catchy.

maror
08-07-2006, 12:01 AM
thx all for your pretty words

@enchanter

is the order clear? :wink: Do it!

:P

@chrisV

i think i know what you mean... i had seen such books too and they are very inspiring! Thx for time to ask for that book...

@D Akey

An entry? For Blizzard? :shock: oh no... I believe it fits not really in one of the themes the expect! If I really join this contest i will do a much lager concept (something panoramic or 360) or a new ship for starcraft!

Greez

emremeydan
08-07-2006, 07:44 AM
That lighthouse is great.

emre

Selby
08-07-2006, 06:15 PM
these are terriffic maror-very convincing which is the hardest thing with works from the mind i think...some people do neat stuff but i dont 'believe it' these places you paint seem real enough to visit

Selby