PDA

View Full Version : Vin

Levent Suberk
11-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Vin......

[I pasted my ArtRage painting "Oranges and Strawberries" on sketch and blended it with oils]

1530 x 1200 pixels.

Levent Suberk
11-01-2008, 12:29 AM
detail........

pai
11-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Very beautiful oil painting, Levent. I love the color, composition and of course your brush strokes. What's the original size of this painting? So detail. I really like the background color and pattern. Painting a painting. Excellent. :)

Caesar
11-01-2008, 02:09 AM
Once again a winner, dear Levent! :)
It seems You feasted at the endo of the painting because there seems to be very little wine left (at least in the glass for sure).:D

D Akey
11-01-2008, 02:26 AM
Nice work! I like the separation between the art and the "real world", wherein the world of color and vibrancy is more alive than the real world, which "pales by comparison".

This is of course an artist's perspective on life, one that most artists would find extremely sympathetic. I like it a lot.

It goes without saying that you have great skill as a painter as well, and it serves you very well here. And I happen to agree that the world of personal expression engages the spirit in a heightened, accentuated way. It's not that the world is objectively lacking, but rather that this painting speaks of our perceptions being awakened when we are having to find ways of expressing perceptions in an artful way.

Artists tend to sort impressions, and organize, and make sense of things that have not been processed and could well remain offhanded and ignored. I see your painting as being about man's artful and conscious apprehension of life and the world.

I'm looking at the wall behind the richly colored painting, and there is a huge amount of subtle changes going on there. And that re-enforces the notion that the world is rich and colorful when you're looking for color. Lingering on something so simple as a wall, I read into your painting that there is much potential for even something that non-artists often consider so simple and plain to become visually alive as a subject for art.

I also get that you like wine, haha.

Fine work. Thoughtful work. Great Job, Levent! :):):):):)

Rick
11-01-2008, 02:48 AM
Perfect painting.. And you know, as for me it's the perfect subject.. ;)

damasocl
11-01-2008, 04:42 AM
A real piece of art!
Congratulations!:D:D:D

Netti
11-01-2008, 04:52 AM
WOW! Gorgeous masterpiece!

Lee
11-01-2008, 05:35 AM
Dear Levant, Wonderful! almost a puzzle, or an illusion, beautiful! and i see some humor in such a seriously painted picture, love it!:)

ScottF
11-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Wonderful idea to incorporate another of your paintings into this one! Your painting is beautiful, as always, and I always admire your brush strokes very much!

RobertSWade
11-01-2008, 10:25 AM
What a completely fascinating image. :)

sandyg
11-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Beautiful painting.

Mairzie Dotes
11-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Absolutely gorgeous paintings. The composition, brush strokes,
texture and palette is reminiscent of fine vintage masterpieces.
Wonderful! :)

screenpainter
11-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Another beauty Levent. Great idea to add a previous painting too. :)

Levent Suberk
11-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Very beautiful oil painting, Levent. I love the color, composition and of course your brush strokes. What's the original size of this painting? So detail. I really like the background color and pattern. Painting a painting. Excellent. :)

Dear Pai, thank you. Original size is 1530 x 1200 pixels.

Levent Suberk
11-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Once again a winner, dear Levent! :)
It seems You feasted at the endo of the painting because there seems to be very little wine left (at least in the glass for sure).:D

Thank you dear Caesar. Good humour !!

Levent Suberk
11-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Nice work! I like the separation between the art and the "real world", wherein the world of color and vibrancy is more alive than the real world, which "pales by comparison".

This is of course an artist's perspective on life, one that most artists would find extremely sympathetic. I like it a lot.

It goes without saying that you have great skill as a painter as well, and it serves you very well here. And I happen to agree that the world of personal expression engages the spirit in a heightened, accentuated way. It's not that the world is objectively lacking, but rather that this painting speaks of our perceptions being awakened when we are having to find ways of expressing perceptions in an artful way.

Artists tend to sort impressions, and organize, and make sense of things that have not been processed and could well remain offhanded and ignored. I see your painting as being about man's artful and conscious apprehension of life and the world.

I'm looking at the wall behind the richly colored painting, and there is a huge amount of subtle changes going on there. And that re-enforces the notion that the world is rich and colorful when you're looking for color. Lingering on something so simple as a wall, I read into your painting that there is much potential for even something that non-artists often consider so simple and plain to become visually alive as a subject for art.

I also get that you like wine, haha.

Fine work. Thoughtful work. Great Job, Levent! :):):):):)

Dear D Akey, I like your comments, (I also like all comments of other members) , thank you. Perhaps your job is related with arts or art history, I think that you are a professor in an university.:)

Levent Suberk
11-02-2008, 10:01 PM
Perfect painting.. And you know, as for me it's the perfect subject.. ;)

Thank you dear Rick.

Levent Suberk
11-02-2008, 10:02 PM
A real piece of art!
Congratulations!:D:D:D

Dear Damasocl, thank you.

Levent Suberk
11-02-2008, 10:02 PM
WOW! Gorgeous masterpiece!

Thank you very much, dear Netti.

Levent Suberk
11-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Dear Levant, Wonderful! almost a puzzle, or an illusion, beautiful! and i see some humor in such a seriously painted picture, love it!:)

Dear Lee, thank you, and yes there is a bit of humour.

Levent Suberk
11-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Wonderful idea to incorporate another of your paintings into this one! Your painting is beautiful, as always, and I always admire your brush strokes very much!

Dear Scott, thank you for your comment.

Levent Suberk
11-02-2008, 10:05 PM
What a completely fascinating image. :)

Thank you dear Robert.

Levent Suberk
11-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Beautiful painting.

Dear Sandyg, thank you very much.

Levent Suberk
11-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Absolutely gorgeous paintings. The composition, brush strokes,
texture and palette is reminiscent of fine vintage masterpieces.
Wonderful! :)

Dear Mairzie, thank you very much for your comment.

Levent Suberk
11-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Another beauty Levent. Great idea to add a previous painting too. :)

Dear Gzairborne, thank you very much friend.

Levent Suberk
11-02-2008, 10:11 PM
I read all comments for my painting "Seaside", thank you friends.

Sky and foreground are different, I like it in that way, an experiment it was.
(I don't want to bring up it after several days, so I say this here)

Levent Suberk
11-02-2008, 10:15 PM
I'll be offline for a while. (Everything is okey) Hope see you soon friends.

ginahobbit
11-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Great stuff, I love tis style:)

D Akey
11-03-2008, 01:26 AM
Dear D Akey, I like your comments, (I also like all comments of other members) , thank you. Perhaps your job is related with arts or art history, I think that you are a professor in an university.:)

I also love the public comments of others. Yay! It speaks of an artistic vitality and a neighborhood consciousness that I never found in the real world. Without these comments, I would have little business here. I am a surfer of the waves of humanity, I suppose, and this has been my favorite beach.

I am not presently a working teacher but who can say -- perhaps again later. I taught drawing briefly but could make no money at it to speak of. So when I moved cities, although I adored teaching and the energy of enthusiastic students, I did not pursue it.

You had once painted my portrait as you imagined my appearance -- very professorial it was. And a huge compliment to me. Thank you again. I still have it, and think about it often, and my friend from the other side of the planet.

My career's been spent as a working artist. Any knowledge I have came from personal experience, observation and the clarity of thought that often comes from writing about it. I have no formal teaching credentials. But work experience may get me in the door somewhere again in the future if that area opens up. Light to that. Writing too. :)

pai
11-03-2008, 03:36 AM
Yay! It speaks of an artistic vitality and a neighborhood consciousness that I never found in the real world

..what is "real"? Isn't all these comments are written by real persons like all of us? So, it's REAL. Professor! ;):p

D Akey
11-03-2008, 04:07 AM
..what is "real"? Isn't all these comments are written by real persons like all of us? So, it's REAL. Professor! ;):p

Hahah. High marks, Pai. It is indeed. Kindred spirits find their way somehow easier when physical distance is no longer a limitation.

pai
11-03-2008, 04:16 AM
Hi Levent, please don't mind I bring this one up again in this thread. Since this is also one of your BRILLIANT painting, I think it's good to let our friends know how you PORTRAIT our professor, Mr. D Akey. :D:p

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4122

Lee
11-03-2008, 04:19 AM
Thanks very much , Dear Pai, was just wondering about that, what a wonderful handsome portrait!!!! and you two, you and D Akey, gave me goosebumps with your last comments,,, painting pictures with your words,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:)

Mairzie Dotes
11-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Levent Suberk . . . .
and thank you pai for posting this . . . .

What an endearing portrait of D Akey and also quite interesting that I
also initially formed an imaginary image that our kindly resident ranger had
a strong "professorish" persona and with good reason. He represents
one of the many valued members of this Art Rage family who's presence is
much anticipated and appreciated. :)

D Akey
11-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Brilliant pic, Levent!! It is the "inside me" perhaps. I'm not nearly that dignified though, haha. But you are a good man. I wish I could share a bottle of Vin with you sometime -- where we don't have to"monitor" our drinking.

Thank you Pai for pulling that up again! And ladies my dear and very close friends wherever you are physically, you're getting closer all the time.