PDA

View Full Version : Memory lane.

waheednasir
04-08-2006, 07:21 AM
hi there...:). digitaly painted, a sweet, unforgetable moment for me, from yesteryears. kept it simple and elegant, yet painterly. im happy to achieve that certain atmoshphere/mood and emotion, that i wanted to put. particular palette used to enhance the sentimentalism of the scene. a candid look, feel of some activity, is deliberatly given.
i painted this in Artrage, using tablet.

cheers.
waheednasir.

AndyRage
04-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Beautiful face. The shading, contours, expression - everything about it is perfect.
Fantastsic, Waheed. As always, Fantastic.

AndyRage.

ninja-usagi
04-08-2006, 09:53 AM
nice, loads of detail yet with minimal colour.

Fashmir
04-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Waheednasir- You are a modern master. Every time you post I learn and gain inspiration. Thanks.

waheednasir
04-08-2006, 11:14 PM
sweedie, andy, ninja-usagi and fashmir, thanks a lot for all the appreciation...:).
yes sweedie, ill do that soon. infact ive made two digital painting's tutorials done in artrage, one on Tulips and the other is a Making Of "Macaw". will be sharing them here as well...:).

cheers.

ENCHANTER
04-08-2006, 11:28 PM
WOW! simple, yet amazing, brilliant as always , ive got a bit of a way to go until i reach your standard, :D

cym
04-09-2006, 05:29 AM
Beautiful. It makes me think of a noticing someone across a crowded room, and when eyes meet, the rest of the crowd becomes nothing but a blur.

waheednasir
04-10-2006, 09:19 AM
thanks enchanter...sure, very soon..all the best...:).
thank u cym...thats true. nothing else matters then...:). but here in a painting, the blurred area plays a very important role.

thanks again, for droping by...:).

Selby
10-06-2006, 11:59 AM
ahh waheed i love this peice...so soft and enchanting and she reminds me of a friend too which is lovely

Selby

florida girl
10-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Waheednasir,
It's amazing to me how you can capture the moment with such tender, sweet & innocent emotion.
You have a Very nice memory, that you honored beautifully.

ATAHUALPA
10-07-2006, 06:26 AM
That's an amazing piece of work .... the face, the colors, the rose.
Respect man!

Martin

speggie
10-07-2006, 09:07 AM
waheed another fine piece my friend ....havent seen this one before ......lovely portrait study ........real beauty that one....posted before i joined the forums hence the late comments

D Akey
10-07-2006, 09:15 AM
I'm with speggie.

I'm glad that many of the older threads/pics are being dusted off and re-displayed for those of us who weren't here to see them.

Very nice. I don't know the model, but I can see a regional look to her facial features. That subtlety is incredible for a generally thick paint application.

Thanks Waheed. I get to see a new/old dimension to your artistry.

waheednasir
10-08-2006, 08:54 PM
selby, florida girl, atahualpa, spegges and d akey...thank u...:). what a pleasant surprise for me seeing this painting up again...:).
thank u for coming in and for admiring this.