PDA

View Full Version : Bride in Waiting(with WIP)

ENCHANTER
10-28-2008, 03:29 AM
Got a break form school and I finally got time to finish this.
My friend gave me a photo and asked for me to paint a portrait of her in her Bridal Sari.

So here it is.( It took ages...since i tried to work out how to do all the sequins and jelwellery!!! )

I think i rushed it at the end to get it over with :rolleyes:

ADDITIONAL. Ive just included the work in progress (wip)
I started off painting setting out the colours..i did need to have an outline..so i can capture her likeness....and the progressed with the final tones of colour and all that jewlwery

Caesar
10-28-2008, 04:11 AM
Here it is finally, dear Enchanter! :):):)
I'm speechless in front of this masterpiece! :eek: (both the painting and the lady I'd say)

Peter Pinckney
10-28-2008, 04:14 AM
Just superb ENCHANTER.................you can be rightly proud of this painting mate!

D Akey
10-28-2008, 04:15 AM
Very photographic!

coops
10-28-2008, 05:59 AM
Wonderful portrait with vibrant colours. Congratulation Enchanter

jacktar51
10-28-2008, 06:11 AM
Dear Enchanter....Very rarely do I see work of such quality,you have excelled with this picture,today I have seen two remarkably good works,your picture and a picture by Nabil,I would have no hesitation in hanging either or both on my wall, a pleasure to see such good artwork,I think if this was in a gallery it would not stay there for very long,Very well done my friend ,excellent........Jack.

Nabil Saleh
10-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Dear Enchanter. very impressive piece of work , I was specially impressed with your attention to details, specially in the jewellry, cloth and ofcoures the face ... A great portrait which gives me the feeling as if made on a real oil painting canvas , which is my prefaired style, remainds me of the classic paintings of the great old artists . I like this one very much as well as all your work . I wish to see on this forum more work of the same quality from you and any other friends .

Belvrog
10-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Very good work Enchanter. Nice details. Fascinated by her expression. I guess she loves the portrait.

RobertSWade
10-28-2008, 03:56 PM
A fascinating piece. You've nicely bridged the gap between near photo-realism and painterly. I'm particularly taken by the lip color and her expression of pride mixed with solemnity. Well done my friend. :)

Mairzie Dotes
10-28-2008, 04:35 PM
ENCHANTER,
Absolutely beautiful! The palette and details are striking.
What a lovely portrait! :)

Rain11
10-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Beautiful portrait ENCHANTER! The details are so wonderfully done!:)

pai
10-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Excellent portrait painting, Enchanter. Very detail work. She's beautiful. :)

ScottF
10-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Simply beautiful! Wonderful detail. If you rushed it at the end, it doesn´t show up in the final painting. Great work!

orbital_chiller
10-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Splendid render of the silk and jewelry. Very vibrant red/blue contrast. The face is perfect, bravo!

ENCHANTER
10-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Dear Caesar…thanks for looking…..Ive been studying your masterpieces too

Hi Peter, good to see you……..thanks very much

Hi Dakey…I think that’s how she wanted it…customer all ways right

Coops …thanks for looking in.and the comments

Jack man…..thanks very much for the compliments …I was gonna say haven’t seen much form you…...then I realised what you’re upto ;)

Nabil….You are amazing at what paintings you do..I do prefer the classics....thanks for the comments

Belvrog…Good to see you……..thanks for the comments …..she has not seen the finished version yet

Robert……..Thats what I was going for…thanks for seeing that…..She did have a slight smile on her face …I just couldn’t get that Mona Lisa look

Mairzie…..thanks for looking in…….and for the comments

Rain11…..thanks for looking in……..cheers

Hey Pai….good to see you…….Ive been watching your expressive paintings ……thanks for lookin in

Scott………thanks for lookin in…and the comments

Orbital chiller……..thanks for the comments J

Lee
10-30-2008, 07:21 AM
Dear Enchanter, what a beautiful portrait! the colors of the silk and beads and gold all come together to look so real and radiant, her expression, a little apprehensive but peaceful is felt in you style, lovely!:)

Fashmir
10-30-2008, 10:19 AM
ENCHANTER- Wow! My hat is off to you mate. That is a very fine piece of work there. You have grown right in front of our eyes. Well done. :D

maror
10-30-2008, 10:53 AM
:eek: wow...cool, nicely done...

agree with fashmir...you did a huge step since we meet first:)

the jewelery & the clothes are one thing why i plan to visit india on my worldtrip...just amazing

greetz & good night

maror

sandyg
10-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Thank you for showing the work in stages Enchanter, the Bride is beautiful and so is the work. I can understand it taking a long time.
All that jewelery which looks real. I just keep looking at it.
Your friend will be very pleased with this artwork.
Be proud, wonderful work.
Sandyg.

dismagartist
10-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Wonderful. Thank you for sharing the WIP too. My daughter thought it was cool how you started with blocks of color and worked toward the details. I think it is cool too.

Levent Suberk
10-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Amazing work......amazing.

Rick
10-31-2008, 12:40 AM
A perfect painting.. Super nice..

ENCHANTER
10-31-2008, 03:26 AM
HeY Lee.thanks for dropping in……thanks for the comments……the apprehensive but peaceful look was what I was going for J

Hello Fashmir….Thanks for your words, means a lot…….I try and improve myself with every painting I do J

Hey Maror….I’m still improving and hopefully getting better..like you ……..
My friend and I actually have a Bangladesh background…(It’s a small country between India and Burma)………I hope you enjoy your trip to the east J Mabe get some inspiration for future paintings

Sandy……….I like showing stages of work so people can understand the processesJ
Thanks for looking in

Dismagartist……..I was taught in school to start rough and neaten it afterwards J.thanks for looking

Levent…Good to see you.Thanks a lot

Rick…..Thankyou very much

ENCHANTER
10-31-2008, 03:28 AM
i struggled with this painting because the nib on my volitio has degraded badly....Im not sure when I will do another painting..

sunsetdreams711
10-31-2008, 08:14 AM
breathtaking details. wow

ENCHANTER
01-22-2009, 05:27 AM
Sunset dreams thankyou for dropping in and for your comment

screenpainter
01-22-2009, 02:33 PM
somehow missed this while I was away I guess.... it is gorgeous Enchanter. Excellent work mate. :)

dali
01-30-2009, 11:06 PM
She is absolutely stunning, very nice work!

hanzz
01-30-2009, 11:39 PM
This is Top ! An ArtRage "must-see" !

SHAP00PI
02-19-2009, 02:47 AM
Really beautiful piece.. with a very real story.. thanks for making this.

dali
02-19-2009, 12:13 PM
This is one of the most beautiful paintings yet, fantastic work!

Rafimas
12-24-2020, 03:58 PM
Old thread, but I appreciate it because currently, I'm learning to draw in detail. There is a photo of my mother wearing a kebaya and filled with mgb sequins (Matsuno glass beads) so I have to learn to draw them in detail. Any recommendations where I can learn about this?

D Akey
12-25-2020, 03:45 AM
Old thread, but I appreciate it because currently, I'm learning to draw in detail. There is a photo of my mother wearing a kebaya and filled with mgb sequins (Matsuno glass beads) so I have to learn to draw them in detail. Any recommendations where I can learn about this?

I personally don't know how to do it in a way you might want, if you're looking for a random sticker spray technique where you can spray sequins on.

I would take your question to the forum section called "Tips and Tricks".

(EDIT: The section has changed the name to "Techniques".)

I bet somebody could perhaps help you there, or maybe somebody will say so here. Anyway, good luck and have some fun. The sticker spray feature might be what you're looking for.

:):):):):)