PDA

View Full Version : Tips on painting trees for a newbie

coops
10-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi, only had Artrage for a couple of week, got the hang of clouds and waves but just cannot get my head round doing trees and foliage. Any tips?

sandyg
11-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi Coops,
I'm not an expert but I use Tube paint thick to do the trunk and blend using flat, if it extends too messy use the eraser to make tidy. I use tube paint from 1% to 5% to do various size branches, to do foliage I tend to use glitter, sometimes using some chalk.
A member Misterpaint has done some stencils of different trees if you wanted to use them.
But you can have fun trying to do your own brand of tree, the way you are painting your tree would be good.

coops
11-06-2008, 06:18 AM
Thanks so much Sandyg for taking the time to help. Never thought about the tubes, will give it a go. There is so much that Artrage can do (if you only knew how) thanks again.

Fashmir
11-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Hi Coops- Tinzo posted an excellent tutorial on painting trees. You can find it here: http://web.mac.com/btinsley/iWeb/TinzArt/Tree%20Tutorial.html

coops
11-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks Fashmir, thats a super site and will for sure give those trees a go. Thanks again