PDA

View Full Version : Petals and thorns.

waheednasir
08-03-2006, 06:30 AM
hi...:), "Petals and thorns", is my recent digital painting, that im sharing with all of u. painted for my still life series that im working on these days. its partly done from life, rest of it is all visualised. painted in artrage, using tablet. casual brushwork is all intentional, the way i do real oils.

alongwith this i would like to share my recent guitar recordings with u as well, if interested, pls click on the links below to dowload:

Blue Star.
http://www.waheednasir.com/guitars/Waheed_Nasir_-_Blue_Star.mp3

Dark Eyes Twist.
http://www.waheednasir.com/guitars/Waheed_Nasir_-_Dark_Eyes_Twist.mp3

Farewell To You.
http://www.waheednasir.com/guitars/Waheed_Nasir_-_Farewell_To_You.mp3

these are well known compositions that ive played in my own style, improvising all the way, from start till the end. each instrumental has 3 tracks, melody (lead), rythm and bass, all played by myself...:).

hope u like the painting as well as guitars.

cheers all...:).

maror
08-03-2006, 06:38 AM
:shock:

are you superman? this picture is amazing....
and now.... surprise waheed can also make music
:x :wink: look out for an album next time
:D
you are overtalented i can tell!

hold up your qualities!

good work

maror

edit: have just save this 3 pieces of ear art into my music folder....thx waheed

jacktar51
08-03-2006, 06:51 AM
Waheed....This is so good I have saved it as my desk top..... it looks GREAT....Thank you for putting this on .....Jack.

Aged P
08-03-2006, 07:02 AM
Waheed,

That picture is simply amazing!

I have the three tunes saved as well.

When someone says "I not only paint, I also play the guitar." That is the time to put on a smile and listen politely, then say "Very nice!" :lol:

But you play guitar as good as you paint! :D :D :D
With all that talent you should be rich, if you're not you should still be very happy!
----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm now painting with your music looped in the background!

jacktar51
08-03-2006, 07:26 AM
Waheed..... I have come back to tell you that your painting is SO good....
I have it as a desktop,and its even better full screen....I am so pleased with this....Thanks....Jack.

ENCHANTER
08-03-2006, 07:47 AM
waheed that is wonderful, the pots, the cacti, the everything is amazing.........as usual, i havent linked to your guitar stuff yet, will do,

ive nto tried that style of painting ...yet...but i know where to go to get inspiration from ! :wink: :D

i took off my own ArtRage pic and this is the new background for my desktop! :D

waheednasir
08-03-2006, 08:56 AM
a Big Thank You to maror, jack (for double visit), aged p and enchanter. uve really made me smile...:). thanks for your wonderful feedback. im happy u like my guitar playing as well. good to know that this painting has reached some desktops...:).

cheers.

AndyRage
08-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Brilliant. The way you capture glazed pottery is perfect. The plants are perfect. And the whole composition is, well, perfect!

Selby
08-03-2006, 12:01 PM
tremendous waheed-as andy said the shine on the pots is amazig and the cactuses are great

Selby

bleepnik
08-04-2006, 02:43 AM
Beautiful.

.g

speggie
08-04-2006, 03:49 AM
waheednasir......great piccie ......lovely.flowery and purply?......if thats a colour or word dunno but great anyhow

waheednasir
08-04-2006, 06:44 PM
thank u so much everyone...:). sorry for this delay in replying.

andy, selby, justg and speggie...i appreciate, thanks a lot.

and aged p...yep im very happy indeed...:) (sorry i fogot to include this in my previous reply).

cheers.

emremeydan
08-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Awesome. You are very good at handling light.

emre

waheednasir
08-10-2006, 04:30 AM
many thanks emremeydan...:).

D Akey
08-10-2006, 04:58 AM
Your work was the first I saw on this website, and it was because of it that I bought the full version.

Virtuoso use of the brush.

Great color and lighting.

All so well resolved.

Thanks for the inspiration.

waheednasir
08-11-2006, 02:51 AM
Your work was the first I saw on this website, and it was because of it that I bought the full version.

Virtuoso use of the brush.

Great color and lighting.

All so well resolved.

Thanks for the inspiration.

hey d akey, this is one of the nicest comments ive received. im so glad to read that. thank u so much. and u are most welcome.
thanks for making me smile...:).
all the best with whatever u do.
cheers.

Prawnsushi
08-11-2006, 05:46 AM
Al Di Meola, Paco De Lucia, John McLaughlin... and Waheed Nasir !

The Guitar Quatuor :lol:

thumbs up :wink:

yera
08-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Great painting by Mr. Nasir, I had been on his site and admire such beatiful paintings.
Also I had downloaded his music, I love it, it's very relaxing. :D

Yera

waheednasir
08-12-2006, 01:22 AM
many thanks prawsushi for that big compliment...The Guitar Quatuor, with such big names is a huge compliment for me to take. thank u so much...:).

thanks alot yera...im glad u like my paintings and music...:). u know, one of my great favorites is Carlos Santana and he is from your country, mexico, wonderful guitar player indeed, great touching and feel, love his instumentals.

thank u...cheers...:).