PDA

View Full Version : Marching Shadows

Belvrog
10-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Hi everyone. Last weeks have been quite stressy and so I had not as much time to drop by as I would have liked to, but there's light at the end of the tunnel and I hope I'll manage to be again here more often soon. Hope you all are fine. Here's my latest painting. Hope you like it.

RobertSWade
10-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Fascinating work as always. I too have been suffering with the stresses of everyday and can't seem to find the time/inspiration to create. I've been sadly lacking in my responses here. As has been written though: "This too shall pass."

Lee
10-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Dear Belvrog, hope your beautiful painting doesn't give away your mood! and hope there is a good ending to the long march they are making, the vultures or crows don't seem too optimistic though:eek:, hope your stresses have eased by now:)

avionartrage
10-17-2008, 02:04 PM
wow, nice concept, too good a work it is.............

Jester2001
10-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Nice fantasy painting, I like it.

D Akey
10-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Wow! What a great mood piece!!!!

I think this is a wonderful balancing point between what you are revealing and what you are prompting us to add -- the rest of the story. I for one am really pulled in, as much from the circling carrion eaters as from the carrion lunches.

I can hear them now: "What? Minion again? Cant we once in a while have a little heroine? With an order of side kicks? Geez louise. . . I'm losing weight here."

I really think this is a fabulous piece on every level.

Rain11
10-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Very wonderful painting Belvrog! I like also what D Akey said about it.
I hope you will be feeling better soon and we can see some more of your wonderful artwork on here again!:)

alinevada
10-17-2008, 06:00 PM
I love this painting! Fanatsy paintings are my favorite topics and this one is truly wonderful. I hope you will find time for more.

dismagartist
10-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Great work. Reminds me a bit of the LOR ghost army.

michaelw
10-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Very evocative indeed!

Caesar
10-17-2008, 10:10 PM
You made a fantastic work on this, dear Belvrog! I'm really impressed by this mass moving in the semi-darkness while a far away wan sunlight try to enlighten and vainly warm them!!

screenpainter
10-17-2008, 11:14 PM
wow. :eek:
Beautiful painting Belvrog. Just amazing brushwork and artistry. :)

Dany51
10-18-2008, 02:41 AM
Very powerful painting even if is done in the mist;
with your precedent painting they remember me a Middle Age era , like a croisade army or some thing like that.

Belvrog
10-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks for your nice words, Robert. Exactly the same for me. Normally i am a night owl, but there was too much going on recently and I simply didn't find the time or was too exhausted to sit down and paint or post at the last weeks evenings. Hope you find the time and mood to paint more soon. Always looking forward to it.

Hi thanks Lee. :D Hihi, no it's not my mood. At least not now. :) I think I am an optimist.

Thanks avionartrage.

Thanks for liking Jester.

Hi D Akey. Hahahaha. "Yes long live the king". Thanks alot for your words, they mean alot to me. I corrected some values of some areas. Some of the darks were too dark or at least placed wrong.
Btw. I see you switched back to your old avatar.That beard really suits you well.:)

Hi Rain. Thanks for your words. Oh and no worries I am fine, just permanently running out of time.

Thanks alinevada for liking it.

Hi dismagartist. Glad you like it.

Hi Michael. Thanks. I am pleased you like it.

Hi Caesar. Thanks for your words. Really glad you like it.

Hi Albert. Thanks for your nice words. It's good to be back. :)

Hi Dany. Thanks alot for your words. Much appreciated.

damasocl
10-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Beautiful work!
I like the tone of the color and the sensation of ambience that you have achieved.:o:):o

Bumble
10-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Wonderful Belvrog.....:):)

orbital_chiller
10-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Awesome, very epic :eek:

dali
10-18-2008, 06:40 PM
Such an interesting picture, almost reminds me of Lord of the Rings. Great job!

Nika
10-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Amazing painting. Love the misty and a little scaring atmosophere you've created here:)

Belvrog
10-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Hi Damaso, Bumble, Orbital Chiller, Dali and Nika. Thanks alot for your nice words. Glad you like it.

ginahobbit
10-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Fantastic work, wonderful palette and reminds me also of LOTR, great stuff:)

pai
10-20-2008, 01:09 PM
Wow! My first thought is all the images from the LOTR. This is amazing one, Belvrog. The horsemen and all those details. It reminds me the scene at The Two Tower, when Grandalf appeared in the east at sunrise. My eyes keep drawing attention the that three flying birds. Excellent painting. :)

Mairzie Dotes
10-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Belvrog,
On this dark and foreboding night the warriors silently ride,
up, up, up and out of the black recesses of the abyss from
whence they came, ever vigilant, ever ready to once more
draw their, ever at the ready, swords. Beware the intruder
who crosses their path for his fate will be written in the ill
wind that carries him into this unforsaken place. :eek:
Just love the atmosphere, the concept, the artistry. Wonderful! :)

waheednasir
10-20-2008, 05:21 PM
this is good work Belvrog. very atmospheric.

:).

HananMoiseyev
10-20-2008, 07:52 PM
What I love about this one is that the longer you look at it, you find more and more figures and shapes in the painting.
Very nice detailing!
Shapo!

shirly
10-21-2008, 04:23 AM
Wow Belvrog its mindblowing .... :):D
Its very realistic and i like the palette!!!

sabena
10-21-2008, 11:46 AM
hi Belvrog

Wonderful and wonderful:D i like very much this painting

Belvrog
10-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks gina. Glad you like it. Didn't have LOTR in mind while planning and painting, but being a fan of J.R.R. Tolkiens books and Alan Lee's and John Howe's LOTR paintings i am flattered by your words and that it reminds you and some other mates on LOTR. I started directly painting with the rough idea in mind and used no references at all. So I am quite happy with it, even if the
horses anatomy could have been done better here and there.:(:)

Hi pai. Thanks alot. Yes I can remember what you are thinking of, the final scene at helms deep. Really like
that scene too, the visuals in the movie are really amazing.

Hi Mairzie thanks a million!!!!! I really enjoyed reading your lines. Btw. You chose a nice dragon's green for my name. :):) Really glad you like it. Thanks!!

Thanks waheed. Thank you very much for dropping by and leaving a comment. Much pleased you like it.

Thanks HananMoiseyev. Thanks alot. Just took a look at the link in your signature. Didn't know that site. Thanks for the link and your
nice words. Seems there are some Artragers there. Found some cool paintings of you, caesar and rick.

Hi shirly, really glad you like it. THANKS!!!!

Thanks alot Sabena!!

berky93
03-30-2009, 04:37 PM
wow. It seems very mysterious. I love it.

coops
03-31-2009, 12:33 AM
Hi Belvrog, hope things going better for you. As to your painting, well what can I say that hasn't already been said. I think its wonderful. So much to look at and so much to see. Great job.

weembaman
03-31-2009, 06:58 AM
Very nice..Great detail hidden away, the more you look the more you see...very nice...

Bumble
04-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Wow:eek: great stuff, belvrog, I'm sorry I missed this:D

ENCHANTER
04-13-2009, 12:36 PM
hint of an epic.......moody and vast at the same time....brill:D

Belvrog
05-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Thank you so much berky. :)

Hi coops. Thank you. I just came back from a holiday trip, spent much time in nature, where I had quite some time to recover.:)

Hi weembaman, thanks mate.

Hi Bumble. Thanks you, really glad you like it!:)

Hi Enchanter, thanks alot mate.

JamieB
05-28-2009, 09:27 AM
This is really awesome, i love fantasy art! I like the very monochrome palette as well

eponavisions
05-29-2009, 12:24 PM
i love the placement of all i see in this work. beautiful. janet

Belvrog
05-31-2009, 11:48 PM
Hi Jamie hi Janet, thank you both for your nice comments. :):):)

eponavisions
06-01-2009, 02:17 AM
it is my pleasure to see such beauty and thought. i thank you for such a gift in works. janet

sandyg
11-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Took a look at your Dragon that was superb and so is this, well done Belvrog.
Sandyg.

Sammy
12-06-2009, 04:23 PM
looks like that underworld movie

Belvrog
12-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks alot Sandy!!:):)

Hi Sammy, just took a look. Wasn't aware that they made a third movie. Looks quite nice. :) Thanks for dropping by Sammy.