PDA

View Full Version : I need help i am new

Go Van Gogh
10-17-2008, 01:01 PM
How can i make my artrage paintings better i can't seem to get them to look good plz advise:)

Fashmir
10-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Hello Go Van Gough, why not post an image here and start a discussion with specific questions? :)

D Akey
10-17-2008, 02:42 PM
1) Lay off the absinthe.

2) Listen to Fashmir

3) Do what you will with the ears, Van Gogh, but never touch your eyes. Chicks are not impressed by such a sign of affection. . . usually. And it makes doing visual art tougher, no matter how easy the program.

4) Learn about art. Gotta start somewhere. The program does little for people who do not look at artwork as an opportunity to learn from others. Unlike with photography, it always comes down to the artist's skill. Take a class or something if that would get you started.

5) Have fun with it. Play. And keep playing and at some point in time you will be an artist.

yvan_c
10-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Hey Go Van Gogh,

Ahem..., yes, well it is a bit of a general question.

Just start playing with the paint already!:D

Paint a couple of layers, use a couple of stencils, try a few blending modes, and show off your work.

I'm sure you'll come up with something you like in no time!

Also you can always go have a look at the Tips and Tricks forum.;)

Go Van Gogh
10-18-2008, 12:47 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions, but i can't post a pic it tells me when i try to upload file error

Regards
Go Van Gogh

Dany51
10-18-2008, 12:59 AM
Welcome to the forums.:)

Your file have to be a jpg or png not a tiff, gif or bmp, have to check
which kind of files are aloud to upload,
perhaps this is the probleme.
I hope that this can help you.

Go Van Gogh
10-18-2008, 01:00 AM
Thx it did help me

Dany51
10-18-2008, 01:02 AM
You are welcome, now we want te see your paintings.:D

orbital_chiller
10-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Check the weight of your file also, it must be under 500ko...

Go Van Gogh
10-18-2008, 01:11 AM
Im trying to upload it it keeps saying the same thing and its not over because it doesnt even have that much in it, what kinda file should i use

Go Van Gogh
10-18-2008, 01:15 AM
Here It Is Guys

Dany51
10-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Did you draw and make a stencil after ?

Go Van Gogh
10-18-2008, 01:22 AM
I just got a ref and drew

Dany51
10-18-2008, 01:26 AM
well, keep going.

Someonesane
10-18-2008, 05:39 AM
How can i make my artrage paintings better i can't seem to get them to look good plz advise:)

How can i make my artrage paintings better i can't seem to get them to look good plz advise

Hello and welcome to the forum, Go Van Gogh,

I see you are using a reference, which is good to have. Judging from the image you posted, I would recommend that you work more on the form and details of the subject you are drawing/painting. You have lines defining the face plate, but have left the rest of the image as a single flat plate. The Iron Man character is a story of man who makes a robotic suit which he wears to fight evil. The suit should be drawn to represent the human form while allowing for the idea of an armor that is solid/strong and yet forgiving in terms of movement. As such, there would be a number of joints around the armor to allow for natural human movement.

Try adding in some details by adding in highlights and deep shadows where the joints of the armor would intersect. Also, try to add more form to the figure by adding in some more reflective light and shadows. I've attached a quick image I did as an example. You may also find some tips from the responses in the following thread:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14059&highlight=metal

Go Van Gogh
10-18-2008, 11:52 AM
How did u scetch that out so good

Someonesane
10-18-2008, 12:31 PM
How did u scetch that out so good

Well, I've had a lot of practice with drawing. Mostly it's takes time, patience, and reference material. I have posted some links to videos I recorded off my computer of me drawing. Perhaps you can pick up some ideas on how to draw you own images from watching them.

I draw Bulbasaur in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo5GO08M7rk

I draw Rock Lee in this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ojGDNJQBA

And here, I draw Spider-Man:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4inwDwDdXMg

Lee
10-18-2008, 03:11 PM
Dear Go Van Gogh, Hello!!! paint,paint,paint, that is how you do it, ArtRage is easy, and you will have fun with it, you will learn something new every time you visit, enjoy!:)

Go Van Gogh
10-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Is it ok that i use a trace image

Lee
10-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Dear Go Van Gogh, i think it is ok to trace, there have been other ArtRagers that trace and then paint and they always say if it is traced, maybe someone else can tell you for sure:)

Go Van Gogh
10-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Well thanks i was just going to trace the outline then do the rest with painting. This 1 is m newest painting

Lee
10-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Hey!!! Well done Go Van Gogh!!! keep up the good work!!!:)

Go Van Gogh
10-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Here is an other one the punisher logo

orbital_chiller
10-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Keep working! :) I don't know if you use the full version of ArtRage, maybe, so you have access to multiple layers.

One of the techniques you can see in the Someonesane videos is to paint behind the outlines. So if you can, first sketch or trace your image on a layer, then draw a clean outline with an inky tool on another layer and then paint and highlights on a third layer placed under the one containing the outline. Study well those videos, Somoenesane made them as very detailed and clear tutorials.

Now if you have the free version, you don't have the layers, so the best is to first trace, then paint. After, save several versions (eg: drawing1, drawing2, etc.) if you do that you won't be scared to do a big error or to spoil your work. so once you have paint your subject, like your pokemon, try to retrace the outline and to add details directly on the paint. And remember, before doing something risky, "save as", that means a previous version is in security.

And as everyone said, keep working... drawing ask daily training. Collect reference like "How to draw" books, anatomy, animals, vehicules, architecture, perspective, etc. and tutorials. Step by step try to use a reference without tracing it. It's a lot of work, it won't be easy but if you put the heart into it, u ll grow better and better. No miracles, all is work! :)

Allez hop!