PDA

View Full Version : Modifications in (Beautiful girl play with candles)

Nabil Saleh
10-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Hello my friends .
When I first painted this piece , I wanted to capture the features of the photo refrence typically , inspite of the extra exposure due to the increased brightness and contrast caused by the camera (in the candles area) , which caused a loss in the candle flame details. and after I finishet it I was hesitated in posting it here.
After I saw your comments , although you all liked it, I noted in the comment of my dear friend D Akey that he prefaired to see the candles flames in it , and he also said that left the matter in my hands. So I decided to modify it to show the flames althought it's not as the refrence , to make the lighting more peaceful ... and I think it's better .
what encourged me to modify it is the abilitys that ArtRage give in modfying the paintings , I wouldn't have done it if it was on a real oil canvas.
The modfications were made on the same layer.
I hope you all like the modifyed version of it .
Thank you very much D Akey for encourging me to do what I was hesitated in doing ;)

note: the first one is the modified version and the second one is the unmodified version

orbital_chiller
10-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Very interesting variations. Both are well balanced. i liked very much how you painted this extra light from the candle ... although the drapery was almost taking fire on this one. (fire prevention :p). You did well decreasing extra-exposure but did you try something in-between?

ScottF
10-14-2008, 10:21 AM
I liked the original, but I think your modified version heightens the realism. Very well done whatever version!

Nabil Saleh
10-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks to dear friends , Orbital_chiller and scottF , for nice comments .:):):)

weembaman
10-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Very nice, I like the modified version...

Lee
10-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Dear Nabil, oh my!!! didn't think you could improve as it was so beautiful but you and DAkey are sure right!!! the older one seems burned now and the new one is much more softer, good job and still beautiful!!!:)

screenpainter
10-14-2008, 03:50 PM
I really like the changes. It is even more like a painting this way. (with the flames instead of camera flares.... the modified version.) It's brilliant and beautiful. :) Fantastic.

Levent Suberk
10-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Original one is more beautiful, dear Nabil. Masterpiece dear friend, as always.

D Akey
10-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Hi Nabil!

The second version is on top. . . and that is the one I prefer -- the one where the candles are clearly visible. Awesome, and thank you for trying it. I hope you are pleased as well.

I really like pushing a lighting effect, but when the effect is merely a shortcoming in the exposure of a photograph, something that most professional photographers would reject as over exposed and re-shoot, it refers a little too much to being a slave to the photo and the limitations therein.

I think your work sings, and the realism you employ seems to use photography where it serves your painting, and you go well beyond photography to very great results. Your paintings are very fine precisely because of the human touch both in the look and in the choices you make.

Bravissimo!!!!

Thank you again for the compliment, dear friend.

screenpainter
10-14-2008, 11:27 PM
One small suggestion along the lines of what D Akey is talking about in regard to photography. The eye could be painted with just a touch of painterly strokes to represent the highlights instead of those two tiny bright white little pin points. It would be such a subtle difference. I think if you do this you will find more harmony with the other areas of the painting and make it look more like a realism painting... leaving all camera anomalies out of the equation. :) Of course your painting is of such a fine class already. Masterful.

Nabil Saleh
10-15-2008, 01:06 AM
Thanks to all friends , Weembaman , Lee , gzairborne , Levent Suberk , for your interest in the reply, and I respect your commentaries .:):)

Caesar
10-15-2008, 01:15 AM
The master can be see also in the cure of the fundamental details! I couldn't imagine an improvement were possible on this work .... and I was wrong considering Your excellent skills, dear Nabil!

Nabil Saleh
10-15-2008, 01:47 AM
My dear friend D Akey , worm thanks for the important comments , and for your admiration with the modification .:):):):):)

Nabil Saleh
10-15-2008, 02:10 AM
Dear friend Caesar . Thank you very very much for your compliments and comments .
I'm convincied that work on a painting never comes to an end, modifications in the painting can go on forever, because a real artist when ever looks upon his work feels like there's something more to be done.

dali
10-15-2008, 04:01 AM
Dear Nabil, I am very torn. They are both spectacular, but since you toned down the candles, the shadows and glow on her skin look a little more realistic as compared to the lighting. Although I really liked the ultrabright candles as well. Either way, it is one of the best I have seen!:)

Nabil Saleh
10-15-2008, 04:18 AM
Dear Dali , thank you very much for your comments .

pai
10-15-2008, 05:50 AM
I really like this new version after adjusting the flames. It's totally different feel, it's more like a painting to me. Very, very beautiful and excellent painted. Thanks for sharing. :)

Nabil Saleh
10-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Dear Pai , thank you for beautiful comment , I glad you liked the new version .

michaelw
10-15-2008, 09:53 AM
I like both versions! What's interesting/ important is that you prefer the second version.

Choices are always interesting after all!

Nabil Saleh
10-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks dear Mchaelw for your nice comments .

chris772
01-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Both of the paintings look excellent. You are a damn good painter, that's the best work I've seen on the forum.

Reniklaf
01-10-2009, 01:20 AM
The modification shows a masterly teatment of light. :)

Reniklaf
01-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Your modifications show an absolute mastery in the treatment of light, remeniscent of William Holman Hunt's 'The Light of theWorld'. :)