PDA

View Full Version : A universal palette base

Caesar
10-08-2008, 02:19 AM
I collected quite a number of the most used watercolour colours (in English sounds repetitive, sorry) with their popular names to be piched and used in appropriate combinations for deriving some rich and harmonic palettes.

I placed them all in a sort of Colour Wheel to ease the choice on how properly combine them to get greys, vivid secondaries or tertiary colours or toned-down ones.
To connect them also with real colour tubes and actual pigments should anyone use ArtRage, as far as possible, to test sketches and images in advance of real paintings.

There's also an example on how to get some derivative popular green types (in the real world at least). Some other mixing result may follow later.

I hope ithey'll be useful too to get for You. (I'm not a stencil collector/ provider, I apologize!).

Caesar
10-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Sorry, the Dyoxazine Violet pigment is (naturally) PV23 instead of PB23!

Lee
10-08-2008, 04:53 AM
Thank you Caesar!!! it's almost scientific!!!xo;):)

damasocl
10-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Thank you Caesar!

Caesar
10-08-2008, 09:45 AM
You're welcome dear friends!

Rain11
10-09-2008, 05:47 AM
Wow these look great! Thank you Caesar!:)

Caesar
10-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks Rain11!
The trick is to look for the colour chart of colours producers and pick the most art history most famous of those colours.
All the rest can be got by mixing them (amusing activity, especially selecting some reduced set configuration such as the one suggested in some painting books).
Probably adding some metallic would be good to add some inherent grain in them (thus avoiding, in some cases, the need of sheet grain switching or excess of glitter usual unappropriate for the far field parts.