PDA

View Full Version : Behind The Brush

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Selby
06-16-2009, 03:48 PM
err Mairzie...your irish...dont you guys pretty much always be in the celebratory mood:p:)

Mairzie Dotes
06-16-2009, 04:14 PM
err Mairzie...your irish...dont you guys pretty much always be in the celebratory mood:p:)

Selby,
Always celebratory? :eek: Cripey! ..... my secret is now out and who,
pray tell, was the snitch who let it be known that I spike my Ovaltine
with fermented, black virgin olives quietly shipped over in a clandestine
wrapper from an undisclosed Italian source. I demand the name of the
BLABBER MOUTH who tattled on me ... is this person an insider? By the
way ...I dye my "aged" black olives green on Saint Patti's day! :p ;) :)

flyashy
06-16-2009, 06:44 PM
@ Mairzie,
If by wearing green I can be included in the celebrations I'm joining the Green 'Piece' now!!I suppose the Irish have figured out the core level things that make the world go round..Green and Alcohol. I'm all for it!!! :D

@Sketch, glad to have make the receding of hairline a pleasant thing!lol. Only downside of a shaven head is when you try and look cool people compare you to emoticons like this -----> :cool:

@selby, erm..shouldn't we all be like Irish..celebrating all year round..? wouldn't that mean ..world peace!!! :)

Selby
06-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Mair-darlin i cant reveal my source as that wold be unaustralian to tattle on a mate but i may disclose he was wearing green leggings and beautiful wee boots with large buckles on and carryinng a large pot of gold:p:D

flyashy- oh yes i should think so:D was just debating wether mair was ever non celebratory as ive never met an irish lass or lad that was ever 'not' in celebrating mood:p:D

RobertSWade
06-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Aha, the truth will out! It's 80 proof Oliveteen which sustains the continuous high of our dear MairzieDotes!

irishrose
06-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Well, I'm Irish, and somehow I don't have quite the celebratory label that goes along with my heritage... though I like GREEN.. and Ashy, your green is WILD and wonderfully neon!! woo hoo!

Mair, I'm starting to wonder about you, friend. Time for an intervention.

Selby
06-17-2009, 06:50 AM
of course ya do irishrose :) its just that ye also have a touch of the 'irish'(temper) also...which i can recognise on account of having some celtic ancestors and more than a fair share of it myself:p:D

mair dont listen to her darlin if ovaltine is yer vice of choice i think its a fine one to have:p:D after all we all must have one or two to keep us humble:)

Mairzie Dotes
06-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Well, I'm Irish, and somehow I don't have quite the celebratory label that goes along with my heritage... though I like GREEN.. and Ashy, your green is WILD and wonderfully neon!! woo hoo!

Mair, I'm starting to wonder about you, friend. Time for an intervention.

Dear irishrose,
I am also beginning to wonder why I love the taste of fermented black
olives in my Ovaltine??? I suppose it would have to be an "acquired"
taste but since becoming an Art Rage member who wants to settle with
the statis quo? I am now beginning to acquire a thirst for more tasty
flavors and pass that frothy mug of spicy Olivetine paleeeze! ;) :D :)

Mairzie Dotes
06-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Aha, the truth will out! It's 80 proof Oliveteen which sustains the continuous high of our dear MairzieDotes!

Robert,
Ohhhhhhhhhh you know me allllllllllllllllllll too well ... It's OLIVETEEN or bust!!! ;) :D :)

(What a quick mind you have ... Oliveteen ... HILARIOUS! Just love your mix on words!) :)

emenemsbis
06-28-2009, 01:43 AM
as I promised few pages earlier, I'm posting my photo...it was made not long ago, and my graphic designer manager took it - so yeah, it's at my work :)
from my recent photos this one is the most natural, so I thought about showing it to you, so ... this is me ;)
emenemsbis, but by friends, even at work, called Em or Emka ;) this is my late introduction to you all :)
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p168/emenemsbis/DSC_2119.jpg

hanzz
06-28-2009, 03:24 AM
OK,........ a keyboard right behind your back...the next post will be to tell us how you type messages onto this forum, right ?
welcome to the forums, and have fun !

byroncallas
06-28-2009, 03:25 AM
Hi Em, terrific pic and fine addition to this wonderful thread. Love your full-of-life smile. :)

emenemsbis
06-28-2009, 03:39 AM
OK,........ a keyboard right behind your back...the next post will be to tell us how you type messages onto this forum, right ?
welcome to the forums, and have fun !
buahahahaa :D this keyboard is not mine :P my keyboard is in front of me :P but I'm not posting on this forum using this keyboard, because we can't use internet at work^^''
and I already have fun, thank you! :D

Hi Em, terrific pic and fine addition to this wonderful thread. Love your full-of-life smile.thank you so much! :)

weembaman
06-28-2009, 07:03 AM
Nice to meet you, hope to see many more of your paintings...:):)

Sketchism71
06-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi Em! Nice to see the smile behind all your fantastic art!:D

emenemsbis
06-28-2009, 08:44 AM
thanks sketchism and weembaman :) I'm sure that you'll see more of my drawings, so don't worry :)
And yeah, I'm almost always happy, so it's natural for me to show photo with me smiling ;)

irishrose
06-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Nice to see your smiling face, Em!!!! :) Thanks for posting!

emenemsbis
06-28-2009, 08:56 AM
no problem Irishhose!^____^

Ailaya
08-10-2009, 05:38 AM
For any Tolkien fans, and for the sake of bringing this thread back to life, here's my new tattoo :D;)

Fashmir
08-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Nice piece of art there Ailaya. I am a fan of the stories. Nice choice. :)

Mairzie Dotes
08-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Ailaya,
What an attractive tatoo. I do not have one of my own except for a
Strawberry mark that Mother Nature decided to grace me with that
lives in an (ah hem!) undisclosed place of the anatomy.

I do though have a favorite pair of summer of 2009 shoes that I happen
to think highly of. I have this "thing" with shoes ... love them and when
I was but a young thing, when Mom would buy me a new pair of shoes ...
I would SLEEP IN THEM. As an adult I still must fight those strong urges
(sleeping with new shoes on) but I have learned to discipline myself and
now only have room in my bed for my stuffed animals ... the only ones
allowed to keep their shoes on. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meisie
08-11-2009, 11:30 AM
A pink snake...now THAT would have been a pretty sight ;)

Alexandra
08-12-2009, 11:20 AM
deleted photograph and comment.

Raybrite
08-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Alexandra, He looks like an artist!:)

Silentman
08-12-2009, 02:01 PM
This is an Awesome thread, i feel like i know you all so much better now. I took a quick photo in my Office/Bedroom (such is the life of living at home with the parents lol)

Here it is :)

Alexandra
08-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Dearest Ray, he is and also a computer guru! I bought one for him off of e-bay so that he would leave mine alone! :)

Alexandra
08-12-2009, 03:02 PM
I am up to page 20 from last to first and have enjoyed seeing everyone so much. I wish I had checked this out a long time ago. So many friendly people with such inner and outer beauty!
I enjoyed seeing your pic Silentman-such a nice looking gentleman.

Silentman
08-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Gee thanks Alex, funny how we have such low opinions of our selves lol, i would have said i was pretty damn scary looking lol hehehe :p :D

Alexandra
08-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Not'all! And it is so strange, because once you view someone's picture, I think somehow it is easier to converse. I don't know, maybe it is the eyes.:confused:

coops
08-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Great photos Alexandra and Silentman. It so nice to be able to put faces to the names and what lovely faces too. I love this thread.:)

Alexandra
08-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Dearest Coops,
I am afraid that I have fallen in love with everyone! What a beautiful community!
I wish that I had your lovely smile!

Raybrite
08-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Finally got my scanner hooked up again. The good looking one is Raybrite2. I am the other one.:):)

Silentman
08-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Well hello Ken and Ray, nice to meet you :)

Mairzie Dotes
08-13-2009, 07:42 PM
A pink snake...now THAT would have been a pretty sight ;)

Hi Meisie,
Yes I do agree ... pink snakes are beautiful ... are very similar in color to
pink elephants and when they march together in a parade as an organized
unit with accompanying brass band ... WOW!!! ;) :)

Alexandra
08-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Great photo's Ray!
Mairzie, gotta have those shoes! But you know, second thought.. I don't have pretty little feet like yours-and I am afraid with this tall woman frame and woman's size ten in pink snake...well...need I say more?:D

Mairzie Dotes
08-13-2009, 11:21 PM
Great photo's Ray!
Mairzie, gotta have those shoes! But you know, second thought.. I don't have pretty little feet like yours-and I am afraid with this tall woman frame and woman's size ten in pink snake...well...need I say more?:D

Alexandra,
You would be a vision in pink with those snake skin shoes on but of course ...
kick those prissy confinin' things off as soon as you get home. :) :D :D :D

coops
08-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Gee thanks Alexandra but you have a lovely one of your own.
Its great to see more and more pictures. I really enjoy them and Mairzie as usual you are such a wit.:)

Alexandra
08-13-2009, 11:28 PM
You pegged me right-off go the shoes, and out with the bare feet and red toe nail polish! LOL. (Hey, gotta have toe nail polish-and it must be noticeable:D)

Alexandra
08-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Oh no Coops, you have the most lovely face and smile. It is a joy to view your avatar! :D I would love to make a photo album of the AR community. I have a thingie on this mac-but still a techno dummy. Maybe we all can come up with something.

Mairzie Dotes
08-13-2009, 11:50 PM
coops,
Just love your sunny avatar ... what a wonderful, happy smile! :) :) :)
and ...
Alexandra,
And how about the matching lipstick and nail polish to go with those
colorful toes! We MUST be color coordinated at all times! :D :D :D

coops
08-13-2009, 11:59 PM
All I can say Alexandra (HINT HINT) watch this space!!!!!!! now shushhhhhhhhhhh

Alexandra
08-14-2009, 01:32 AM
yes maam.:o

ScottF
08-14-2009, 04:07 AM
Great seeing all the new pics of our fellow ArtRagers! I even like your shoes, Mairzie. :D

D Akey
08-14-2009, 07:51 AM
Yes indeedy!!!!!!!!!!!

Handsome and beautiful all!

But Mair? Pink Snake skin? Bull &*%X^ As off color as that sounds, them's light ruby. . . and by any other name, those slippers and a bus ticket will get ya to Kansas from anywhere in these 48. I'll stake my something-or-other on it.

D Akey
08-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Ladies. . . ladies, and I do mean ladies. . .

What you do for the eyes, by way of the toes. . . (sigh)

There are some things where digital doesn't quite do it. Almost. But not quite.

My undying gratitude for further adorning your already twinkling lower phalanges. I believe I shall have another brandy and contemplate the finer things in life.

(Oh, I further believe "the brush" they were talking about being "behind" was the Artrage one. But this so works my imagination, that it's virtually virtual and they have to rule the nail brush as "fair ball".)

Lima
08-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Fantastic... Ailaya, Mairzie shoes, Alexandra, Silent, Ray and Ray2... wow, just great.:):D:eek:

Sketchism71
08-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Fantastic... Ailaya, Mairzie shoes, Alexandra, Silent, Ray and Ray2... wow, just great.:):D:eek:

I agree! Nice to see the new faces... and the feet and arms! Cool tat Ailaya, and nice of you to bring back this awesome thread!:D

Mairzie Dotes
08-17-2009, 06:42 AM
Ladies. . . ladies, and I do mean ladies. . .

What you do for the eyes, by way of the toes. . . (sigh)

There are some things where digital doesn't quite do it. Almost. But not quite.

My undying gratitude for further adorning your already twinkling lower phalanges. I believe I shall have another brandy and contemplate the finer things in life.

(Oh, I further believe "the brush" they were talking about being "behind" was the Artrage one. But this so works my imagination, that it's virtually virtual and they have to rule the nail brush as "fair ball".)

Pardon? Fur balls? Did someone say FUR BALLS?

Wellllllll ... if you insist! If you would ring my door bell on a chilly evening
this is what my feet might be wearing when I answer. :p :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

D Akey
08-17-2009, 07:29 AM
For any Tolkien fans, and for the sake of bringing this thread back to life, here's my new tattoo :D;)

Ailaya <pant, wheeze. . .> Sorry. . . it took so long to . . . comment on your great tattoo!!!! <Phew! gulp>. . . But I had to print this out and run, and I mean run, a copy out to the Last Homely House to show Elrond. . . one of the few who can still read this ancient language. . .

He said they're rune letters. . . and it's a blessing in the ancient tongue for writers and artists, "A blessing of great creativity and abundance shall surround the barer of this shoulder . . ." <scratching head> or was that "the one upon whom this rune is writ". Elrond was unclear about the exact translation. But it was a fortuitous thing. And he suspected that there may actually be moon letters, with further blessings, that can be seen only under a full moon in June.

He said that you are thrice blessed. . . and since I can only remember the two. . . <distracting fighting trolls>. . . oh yeah. . . he said that the sign is something like a magical seed that will produce many many more letters, words, sentences, paragraphs, pages, articles, short stories, novellas, novelettes, books, and of course trilogies. . . in your mother tongue to be later translated into the languages of your choosing. For all his wise elf king wisdom, Elrond has a tendency to ramble.

So there it is.

It's a beautiful adornment on a very beautiful shoulder, etc. Nice and clean work, that tat. And a splendid lifelong emblem for a creative soul such as yours.

"How do you spell 'commitment'?"

:):):):):):):):)

D Akey
08-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Pardon? Fur balls? Did someone say FUR BALLS?

Wellllllll ... if you insist! If you would ring my door bell on a chilly evening
this is what my feet might be wearing when I answer. :p :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WELL A-GOODNESS GRACIOUS, GREAT BALLS O' FUR!!!!!

So uh Mair, darlin'. . . this may not be Christmas or anything, but did you recently suffer another flocking mishap?

fraser_paice
08-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Hmmmm.... Mair, much more dainty than a Sasquatch but kind of furry. Or have you done something terrible to Toto's albino brother?

ScottF
08-18-2009, 05:29 AM
Okay, here I am literally behind the "brush." :D Its my annual winter beard. My wife suggested that I lose it before we travel to see the grandkids so they wont be frightened. So, the deforestation begins soon.

I used to have a beard for years. I thought it made me look older. Now, I dont need any help. :p

(Hope they dont move this to "After Nine." :cool:)

Aged P
08-18-2009, 05:56 AM
Hi Scott,

Let the grand kids adjust slowly.

Try a few "Ho, Ho, ho's!" to start with, keep the reindeer out of sight for a few days. :):)

At your age I would ixnay the chimney route.

Seriously, it's a great set of whiskers. It does make a difference being able to visualise who is saying what.

I will eventually "come out" but I need a few more months recovery time.

Best wishes to you both.

Phil

screenpainter
08-18-2009, 08:37 AM
Scott, Now that's a beard! It looks great with your smile.

RobertSWade
08-18-2009, 09:34 AM
If I lived where you do, I'd have a beard all year long. Oh wait, I already do. :o

Alexandra
08-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Great picture Scott!

Silentman
08-18-2009, 02:25 PM
You remind me of someone from the BeeGee's Scott lol

coops
08-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Wow what a beard, what a face awwwwwwwwww what a lovely smile Scott:)

Mairzie Dotes
08-19-2009, 02:07 AM

WELL A-GOODNESS GRACIOUS, GREAT BALLS O' FUR!!!!!

So uh Mair, darlin'. . . this may not be Christmas or anything, but did you recently suffer another flocking mishap?

D Akey,
Lollollollol and ... ohhhh that creative mind of yours ... it does it DOES
look like my feet have been flocked ... lollollollol! To be honest though ...
my feet do tend celebrate the yule holiday in a bit more of a decorative
and celebratory way. :p :)

Oh by gosh by golly, D'Barb ...
I think I hear jingle bells a ringin'! (tinkle tinkle!) Do you? (tinkle tinkle!) :D

Mairzie Dotes
08-19-2009, 02:23 AM
Okay, here I am literally behind the "brush." :D Its my annual winter beard. My wife suggested that I lose it before we travel to see the grandkids so they wont be frightened. So, the deforestation begins soon.

I used to have a beard for years. I thought it made me look older. Now, I dont need any help. :p

(Hope they dont move this to "After Nine." :cool:)

ScottF,
Ho Ho Ho! It looks like it's Christmas in August ... right here in Art Rage!
What a wonderful winter photo and that beard is very becoming. You
would make a perfect Santa Clause for the holidays! :) :) :)

D Akey
08-19-2009, 04:59 AM
Scott, what a nautical cut to your jib! I'm envious.

My beard is nowhere near as full. Ach, mine's more wiry and Scottish looking. The good side is that I got hit on by some porcupines, so my social calendar is moving well in a sonic hedgehog sort of way.

D Akey
08-19-2009, 05:08 AM
D Akey,
Lollollollol and ... ohhhh that creative mind of yours ... it does it DOES
look like my feet have been flocked ... lollollollol! To be honest though ...
my feet do tend celebrate the yule holiday in a bit more of a decorative
and celebratory way. :p :)

Oh by gosh by golly, D'Barb ...
I think I hear jingle bells a ringin'! (tinkle tinkle!) Do you? (tinkle tinkle!) :D

[WC Fields Voice] "Ah yes, my little fa la la. . . Deck my heels! If it ain't another ripe jolly elf."

I hope you emptied the lumps of coal and other trinkets out of them before donning your gay apparel. . .

We should write a holiday book: Under the Misled Toes

Sure to become a holiday classic.

Rick
08-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Well being we are all showing our sockies, I will shyly show mine.. this is from a photo contest I entered some years ago.. "Old Friends".. Only third place, but I had first place enjoyment in the composition.. So here is to old and comfortable friends..
Rick

hanzz
08-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Here's me on my best, just before going to church on Easter......

jbyrjbyr1
08-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Hanzz, it looks as though Easter was an especially "holey" day for you...
:cool:

(sorry; couldn't resist):D

Alexandra
08-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Hanzz, how do you get your feet so smooth? :confused::D

Silentman
08-19-2009, 12:20 PM
oh i know i know, by wearing socks that have more holes than a holy chapel :p hehehe

Lima
08-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Scott nice photo.

The socks eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

hanzz
08-19-2009, 05:34 PM
They are my favourite socks and I can't part from them....

hanzz
08-19-2009, 05:35 PM
NOT......

(It was a joke ....:D:p found the socks on a Google search....)

Mairzie Dotes
08-20-2009, 04:22 AM
Its great to see more and more pictures. I really enjoy them and Mairzie as usual you are such a wit.:)[/quote]

coops,
It is soooooo easy to have fun here. So happy to know that you
are enjoying the humor. :)

Mairzie Dotes
08-20-2009, 04:35 AM
Hmmmm.... Mair, much more dainty than a Sasquatch but kind of furry. Or have you done something terrible to Toto's albino brother?

fraser_paice,
Can't tell you what I did to Toto's albino brother (or what he may have
done to me) because, regretfully, he has sworn me to secrecy. I can
only say that he is still smiling!!! :p :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mairzie Dotes
08-20-2009, 04:41 AM
Well being we are all showing our sockies, I will shyly show mine.. this is from a photo contest I entered some years ago.. "Old Friends".. Only third place, but I had first place enjoyment in the composition.. So here is to old and comfortable friends..
Rick

Rick,
I got such a warm and fuzzy feeling when I viewed your photo, "Old
Friends." It had me thinking of a crackling fireplace, hot chocolate and
a warm hug. Love those socks! :)

jbyrjbyr1
08-20-2009, 04:43 AM
If this picture doesn't bring a smile or laugh or a "what was he thinking?" I don't know what will. I actually hesitated to post this but...what the heck...:cool:

Long long ago, I spent five years as a full time rock musician. The first year or so we did a kind of rock revue with gaudy outfits, lots of corny humor and outlandish stage names. Later we moved more toward what we all really loved; hard driving high energy music (including some original material; our eventual album was half covers and half original) and lost the silly stuff. (I have to admit, though...the silly stuff was fun in its own way). And since I was a drummer and drummers sometimes use "brushes," I guess this fits the "behind the brush" thread...sorta...kinda...maybe...

Anyway, the picture below was from those early "show band" days; my daughters think it's a hoot and I hope you get a laugh, too.:eek:

Mairzie Dotes
08-20-2009, 05:01 AM
Here's me on my best, just before going to church on Easter......

hanzz,
Pardon that I have not responded earlier but ...to be perfectly honest it
has taken me a full 24 hours to calm down!!! This is ... BAR NONE .......
the FUNNIEST ... FAR OUT ... UNLEASHED ... WILDLY CREATIVE and one
of the most ADORABLE photo's that I have ever seen!!! So HILARIOUS!!!
Cute as all get out it is and ... still laughing! :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Alexandra
08-20-2009, 05:05 AM
Great picture JB!

Mairzie Dotes
08-20-2009, 05:11 AM
Mair, I love ALL your sockies and your shoes... you are one cool KAT! ;)

Dear irishrose,
I had a feeling you would like some of my crazy socks. I even have a
pair of green ones with shamrocks that I wear on Saint Patricks day
and ... if you could only see the ones with bunny ears that I slip on for
Easter! :) :D :D :D

Mairzie Dotes
08-20-2009, 05:59 AM
If this picture doesn't bring a smile or laugh or a "what was he thinking?" I don't know what will. I actually hesitated to post this but...what the heck...:cool:

Long long ago, I spent five years as a full time rock musician. The first year or so we did a kind of rock revue with gaudy outfits, lots of corny humor and outlandish stage names. Later we moved more toward what we all really loved; hard driving high energy music (including some original material; our eventual album was half covers and half original) and lost the silly stuff. (I have to admit, though...the silly stuff was fun in its own way). And since I was a drummer and drummers sometimes use "brushes," I guess this fits the "behind the brush" thread...sorta...kinda...maybe...

Anyway, the picture below was from those early "show band" days; my daughters think it's a hoot and I hope you get a laugh, too.:eek:

jbyrjbyr1,
WOW! Grooooooooooooovy and cool beans! All I could think of when
I viewed your too cute photo was .... it's party time and wanna
Boogaloo ? :)

~ ~ ~ ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_2m-4e4tyA ~ ~ ~ ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

foxytocin
08-20-2009, 06:51 AM
JB, that is just plain wonderful. It's the new old school...

ScottF
08-20-2009, 08:08 AM
jbyr,

Great photo! I played keyboards in a one-nighter dance band for around five years. We played more than 300 nights in the last couple of years before I moved on to bigger and better things--as in grad school. Many others before that. It basically paid for my college. I was thin, had long hair, and thought I was way cool. (As you, no doubt, thought as well. :cool:) We wore the ruffled tux shirts and had several leisure suits as well. Not sure I have a pic, but if I can find one, Ill certainly share it. :p

D Akey
08-25-2009, 07:43 PM

I can't tell which cheezy movies I saw this fellow in. . . but shady he was! Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, or some movie about a head. . . maybe "head of the class". That must be it.

I'm happy to see that you've cleaned up your lounge act, probably to a lemonade in the hammock under the weeping willow, if I know anything about Witness Protection.

Brilliant parody. :D:D:D

Mairzie Dotes
08-26-2009, 12:09 AM
jbyrjbyr1,
Could that be a "Mood Ring" you are wearing on your finger? Was just
wondering because by the look of that oh so sultry, come hither pose
don't think you needed one! ;)
Great photo by the way and you look maaaaaaarvelous!!! :o :)

Mike Severoff
11-29-2009, 02:36 AM
It is me. Russia, St. Petersburg (in plug ;-))

Mike Severoff
11-29-2009, 03:40 AM
Nice pictures of you ...
Lots of snow!

Thank you, Rose. One photo here from Greece.
I can make photo a lot of snow for you:)
But now there is no snow. Only rain .

Mike Severoff
11-29-2009, 04:06 AM
But there will be snow! Right? ;)
right, of cose :-)

Mike Severoff
11-29-2009, 05:24 AM
Yes! I look forward to snow, but here in Florida there is no hope of that.
No problem.
What kind of snow you need?
>
white, as in the Alps
gray, as we
or simply - snow on the hill....

Alexandra
11-29-2009, 05:47 AM
Wonderful photo's McKlay, I enjoyed seeing you and your son.:) Send some snow to us here too, Rose can't have it all!:p

Nika
11-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Great photos, McKlay:D:)

We haven't seen real northen winters for many years in St.Petersburg (because of global warming, I suppose.:cool:). I really miss them. I can remember my childhood when the schools were closed because of too cold weather (about 30 degrees below the zero) and now we have only rainy dark winter days which are really depressing :(.

Mike Severoff
11-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Yes! I look forward to snow, but here in Florida there is no hope of that.

More snow :)
(a frozen lake) 05.Jan.2009

Alexandra
11-30-2009, 02:03 AM
Thank you McKlay for posting these beautiful and happy photographs. I'll just get Rose to head up the road to my place and we can hop a flight from Atlanta-we'll get there in a couple of days.:D:D

foxytocin
11-30-2009, 02:24 AM
Ooooooh, that looks cold! Thanks for sharing the photos and words, McKlay!

byroncallas
11-30-2009, 02:27 AM

JB: This goes down as one of THE great all time photos. :):):):)

And everyone - it's been a while since I visited this thread - great to see so many of you and connect your paintings and posts with "who you are". Just a great great thread.

And I love the all the socky pics - Hanzz - get a job so you can get some new socks. :D

Lee
11-30-2009, 03:39 AM
Dear McKlay, Hello!!! and Thank You for the beautiful photographs!!! so nice of you to share with us!!! your son is very sweet and you are a lucky fellow!!! the picture with the strange trees is amazing, never saw trees like that before, there are Mangrove trees in Florida with roots like that but sure would like to know what kind of trees those are in Russia, they look like storybook trees, again, Thanks!!!!:)

Alexandra
11-30-2009, 04:45 AM
Yes, those trees were very interesting. I love the roots as if the trees are about to walk away.
Okay Rose! Let's go! You know, twenty five years ago I would have gone to Russia in a minute-before I married and had children and responsibilities. At that time I wanted to go to Europe, I worked two jobs, said goodbye to my employers, boarded Delta, and landed in Frankfurt to meet my sister there. So much fun. Now there is so much terrorism and hatred, and more talk of war. I would be reluctant now not to mention it would be impossible because of my parental commitments and responsibilities. Life happens.:rolleyes:

Aged P
11-30-2009, 05:39 AM
Hi Alaxandra,

I nearly made it to Moscow and St Petersburg!
Got the tickets, got the visa, got the clothes etc.

1 week before and Chernobyl blew up!

Well at least I got my money back. :rolleyes:

Phil

ScottF
11-30-2009, 06:33 AM
Great photos, McKlay! Thanks for sharing!

Nika
11-30-2009, 11:25 AM
I know the place in McKlay's photos. Those trees are ordinary pine-trees. They look like those in the pictures when they grow on sandy slopes:):)

Mike Severoff
12-02-2009, 01:49 AM
I'm sorry.I missed this thread.
About "strange trees":
This is PINE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine) ;-)
They just grow on the steep bank of the lake .
Sand crumbles, exposing the roots. Trees need for something to hold. and grow.
Nika said all right.
Thanks for comments!

Lee
12-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Dear McKlay, thank you for the 'pine' tree information in your country, the roots did look like Florida Mangrove trees, isn't the Earth wonderful!!!

Lee
12-02-2009, 07:09 AM
Dear Rose, You are very welcome, and be well!!!:)

Alexandra
12-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi Alaxandra,

I nearly made it to Moscow and St Petersburg!
Got the tickets, got the visa, got the clothes etc.

1 week before and Chernobyl blew up!

Well at least I got my money back. :rolleyes:

Phil
Dear Phil, What!?! Thank The Lord-He had wanted you here with us! What a story, and thanks for sharing it. I am sorry for all of the people who suffered from that accident. I have a personal story very relative to this and had lost a sister. These things are nothing short of a tragedy.
Happy to hear that you didn't suffer financial losses on this ticket either, but I know that that was probably the last thing on your mind!:rolleyes::)

Mike Severoff
12-03-2009, 11:22 PM
isn't the Earth wonderful!!!
YES!
ps. I love heat too. As Mangrove trees :)

RobertSWade
01-20-2010, 04:07 PM
With all the new Ragers recently it seemed a good time to bring this back to the top.
This is me at my Senior Prom in '68.

flyashy
01-20-2010, 07:09 PM
oh look it's one of the beatles!!!
:)
that's cool pic Robert!!

Raybrite
01-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Every time I post my photo is in the upper corner.:):):):):)

Borilius
01-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Nice pictures guys! :)
Here's mine:
http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp62/Borilius/cemoi.jpg

pai
01-20-2010, 10:13 PM
Wow..Bob, that's a very handsome pic and great great smile. :):)

And, Borilius, it's happy to finally half-meeting you..haha..that's a cool sun glasses and reflection on it. ;):)

Alexandra
01-21-2010, 12:37 AM
Hi Bob,
Hi Borilius,
Great photo's!:)

alkratzer
01-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Just found the thread. Nice to see the faces behind the posts! Myself and my family last summer.

Al

RobertSWade
01-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Good to see you, Borilius and Al. :)

byroncallas
01-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Good to see you, Borilius and Al. :)
Ditto to the both of you. And Bob, what a splendid prom date you must have been. :D Great to see this thread continue to grow.:):):)

Sketchism71
01-23-2010, 05:50 AM
Nice to see you Borilius and Al!

Borilius you should paint a self portrait from that photo! The reflections in your sunglasses are really cool!

You have a beautiful family Al! Great photo!

Robert, that's classic! Not saying anything about your current age here but I couldn't help but think that the idea of digitally painting back then must have seemed like science fiction! It is amazing how much has changed from those simple happy day's! Great photo!:D

Sky
01-23-2010, 06:07 AM
Here's me, Carlos "Sky", "Los" Romero at a local college basketball game for inspiration. My daughter did graphics and retouch, but hasn't become an Art Rage proponent, yet!!!! LOL:eek:

Alexandra
01-24-2010, 12:47 AM
Alkratzer, Sky, Great photos, thanks for sharing.:)

byroncallas
01-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Hi Sky - rockin' pic. :):):)

Peter Pinckney
01-29-2010, 11:14 PM
Looking back in here it's so nice to see all the new faces..........Hi to you all!

A friend of mine took some photos of me at a gig a while ago and forgot to tell me........we had dinner recently and he brought them with him.

D Akey
01-29-2010, 11:29 PM
I love this thread. Hello to everyone!!!!

Incidentally Pete, do you sing in English or French when in France? Doing the old Aubrey Small songs? Was trying to guess which song(s) you were performing there.

Would have liked to have been in the audience. You wouldn't want me on stage. Not quite yet, hahah.

flyashy
01-30-2010, 01:09 AM
Heeyyy Peter!
Cool snaps!!
kinda reminds me of a cross between Dave Gilmour & Paul Mcartney! :D
Way to go!

Nika
01-30-2010, 02:29 AM
Hi Peter! Great photos. At last I can see who is hiding behind your extraodinary avatar :D

lolalot
01-30-2010, 06:57 AM
Hi gang!

Here some pictures of me...

Peter Pinckney
01-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Hi lolalot!

Nice to see you.........where was the second picture taken??

Great view!

Peter Pinckney
01-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Hiya DA............don't see so much of you lately.........nah! I tried to sing in French ONCE! Once was enough! At this gig I was playing newer material.............................generally AS songs are only performed with the original lineup, but I occasionally throw in an acoustic version of the odd song here and there.:)

Thanks Fly...............Gilmour and Macca eh? Must be the double chin mate!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks Nika...........actually the older I get the more I believe that my Avatar is me heh heh!:):)

lolalot
01-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Peter PinckneyHi lolalot!

Great view! Hi lolalot!

Great view!

Peter,

The second picture was taken at Mt. St. Helens. I liked it too!

Sketchism71
01-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Nice to see you Sky!

Peter... You look like a natural on stage! A veteran Rock n Roll legend... Too Cool!:cool:

Great to see you lolalot! Where is that second pic taken? Looks like a beautiful place!

RobertSWade
01-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Oh Peter ... how I'd love to sit in on the drums

Oh Lolalot ... how I'd love to be so young.

Alexandra
01-31-2010, 01:57 AM
Peter, I don't know if you have posted another photo, I haven't been able to view them all, but it is so nice to see the man behind all of the wonderful sentiments, genius geometric designs, seascapes, landscapes, sci fi, and fantasy masterpieces! :)

So nice to see you Chris! Mt. Saint Helens must have been a humbling experience and view, fantastic photograph!:)

lolalot
02-04-2010, 06:16 AM
Sketch, Thanks :). That picture was taken at Mt. St. Helens, WA.

Robert, I was 16 then, I'm 17 now, so I guess you can say I am young. :D:D:D

Thank you kindly, Sandra. It was definitely an experience I won't forget. I did find it sad that that one guy Harry Truman died in the hot ash/water.

Mairzie Dotes
02-11-2010, 02:54 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greetings Everyone,
Even though I don't often have time to comment in all of the threads, I
do enjoy viewing them and it is always a pleasure to "meet" the talented
members in "Behind the Brush" who's art dazzles and bedazzles this special
forum and keeps all of us coming back for more ... more inspiration, more
thrills, more fun, more joy and more color to brighten our way and days.

A friend who also dabbles in the world of digital artistry recently took an
updated photo of mine and created this rather unique piece while
including complimentary shades of blue, my favorite color. Since I have
not yet added a proper photo here, thought I would post this most
gracious gift received from a well regarded kindred spirit of the "brush." :)

D Akey
02-12-2010, 06:50 AM
Well, heeelloooo Ms Dotes! Stunning :eek: evening look for you, I dare say! :):):) You should give your artist friend the brush more often.

coops
02-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Oh my Mairzie, what a beautiful picture and what lovely blue eye you have. Lovely to see you:)

Alexandra
02-12-2010, 01:15 PM
MaryAnn, how beautiful! I am so happy to see you posting, I have missed your lovely words! I agree with Katie, your eyes are stunning! Beautiful photograph and artwork combined. :)

uuderzo
02-14-2010, 10:21 AM
I could not miss this great thread! Here I am! Took this shot this morning on a cross country trip with a friend. On the background mount Cima 12, Altopiano di Asiago, Veneto, Italy (just if you wish to Google Earth it :))

Mairzie Dotes
02-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Well, heeelloooo Ms Dotes! Stunning :eek: evening look for you, I dare say! :):):) You should give your artist friend the brush more often.

D Akey,
The portrait was a nice surprise from an artist associate, a gracious
gift for my birthday that took place yesterday and thought it was
too lovely not to share. I am pleased to know that you approve .....
thank you kind sir! :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Oh my Mairzie, what a beautiful picture and what lovely blue eye you have. Lovely to see you:)

Happy Valentines Day coops,
The artist integrated shades of blue throughout the painting, knowing
that it is my favorite color but some "creative liberty" was taken because
even though my eyes are definitely blue, I only wish they were as blue as
that wondrous moon in the background. A sincere thank you! :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-14-2010, 12:09 PM
MaryAnn, how beautiful! I am so happy to see you posting, I have missed your lovely words! I agree with Katie, your eyes are stunning! Beautiful photograph and artwork combined. :)

Happy Valentine's Day Alexandra,
It always amazes me what wonders can magically appear on canvas.
From the creative minds of artists we can be instantly transported
to other heavenly worlds and dreams really can come true. I am now
wearing a necklace of stars ... what could be more celestial! Your
gracious comments are much appreciated. :)

Lee
02-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Dear Miss Mairzie, Happy Birthday To You, Happy Birthday To You!!! Best Wishes today and many more,,, !!!:)

Mairzie Dotes
02-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Dear Miss Mairzie, Happy Birthday To You, Happy Birthday To You!!! Best Wishes today and many more,,, !!!:)

Dear Lee,
Oh my gosh ... what an absolutely beautiful and thoughtful greeting
and card. You have even used blue text ... my favorite color and if
anyone might ask ... I am now YOUNGER THAN SPRING TIME!!! :p
A most sincere thank you for thinking of me. :)

D Akey
02-14-2010, 03:34 PM
I could not miss this great thread! Here I am! Took this shot this morning on a cross country trip with a friend. On the background mount Cima 12, Altopiano di Asiago, Veneto, Italy (just if you wish to Google Earth it :))

Boy, you look like you're making the most of Winter! What a playground.

Thanks for the peek in, uuderzo!

D Akey
02-14-2010, 03:40 PM
D Akey,
The portrait was a nice surprise from an artist associate, a gracious
gift for my birthday that took place yesterday and thought it was
too lovely not to share. I am pleased to know that you approve .....
thank you kind sir! :)

No way!!!!
Happy BIRTHDAY to YOOOOOOOOO. . . .:):):):):):):):):):)

byroncallas
02-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Mary Ann, is today your birthday? Hope you have had a most happy one. I like that you can always say, when someone asks, "When were you born?" and you can always respond with a sublime, "On the eve of lovers." :):):)

Edit: oops. It looks like you'll have to say, "On the eve of the eve of lovers." But that is better than having to say "On the eve of the eve of Groundhogs Day." Happy Happy. :):)

byroncallas
02-14-2010, 03:57 PM

Man, what a great pic in a great place. And you look all decked out splendid. :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-14-2010, 04:01 PM
No way!!!!
Happy BIRTHDAY to YOOOOOOOOO. . . .:):):):):):):):):):)

D Akey,
What a nice surprise that you and Lee were able to attend my birthday
party and won't you step up to the the bar and join us ... we were saving
a place for you.

A large, delicious pizza with EVERYTHING (minus the Anchovies!)
has been ordered and to quench our thirst ...

"Oh bartender ... fix us a moon river ... in a Tiffany glass, please!" :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Mary Ann, is today your birthday? Hope you have had a most happy one. I like that you can always say, when someone asks, "When were you born?" and you can always respond with a sublime, "On the eve of lovers." :):):)

Edit: oops. It looks like you'll have to say, "On the eve of the eve of lovers." But that is better than having to say "On the eve of the eve of Groundhogs Day." Happy Happy. :):)

byroncallas,
Thank you so much for the lovely birthday greeting and not to tell a lie,
Former President "honest" Abe Lincoln and I celebrated our birthday's
yesterday (He was the one wearing the Stove Top hat by the way! :p)
and a good pizza ... er ... flag waving time was had by all.

When was this rural girl borned you ask ? On the eve of the full moon
of lovers but that also happened to fall off the cuspidor of Groundhog
Day which means ... every time I see a groundhog I fall in love with an
artist who likes to paint moon beams and chaw grass and Eclipse gum
(to freshen grass mouth!) ... but I digress. Any other questions? :D :D :)

jbyrjbyr1
02-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Hey there, Ms. Dotes...haven't seen you around the forum too much lately (then again, haven't been around as often as I'd like myself). Gorgeous picture/drawing/painting of you, by the way...you friend captured you nicely.

Anyway...I hope you had/are having/will have a terrific B-Day! Nibble some chocolate for me...

jb:)

Lima
02-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Hey there, Ms. Dotes...haven't seen you around the forum too much lately (then again, haven't been around as often as I'd like myself). Gorgeous picture/drawing/painting of you, by the way...you friend captured you nicely.

Anyway...I hope you had/are having/will have a terrific B-Day! Nibble some chocolate for me...

jb:)Happy birthday Mairzie:):):)

SCP
02-14-2010, 08:52 PM
HAPPPY BIRTHDAY Mairzie Dotes!:D
I Hope you enjoyed your cake;) All the best wishes Mairzie,
from Dogman, Crabby and all my other friends;):):):)

Alexandra
02-15-2010, 04:39 AM
A late Happy Birthday Mary Ann! Hope you had a wonderful day!:):):):):):):):)

Juz
02-15-2010, 05:02 AM
Chinese New Year, Valentines Day and the Winter Olympics... looks like the whole world is celebrating your special day Mary Ann... Many many happy returns and I hope you get cake without fishies or mudwrestlers :D

ScottF
02-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Mairzie, sorry I missed your birthday. But many happy returns anyway! :cool:

flyashy
02-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Happy Birthday Ms. Dotes :)

Alan
02-15-2010, 11:51 AM
I'll post a new one soon as I get over the flu :) I'd love to have my avatar painted :D

Happy birthday!!!!!

Mairzie Dotes
02-15-2010, 02:38 PM

jb:)

Happy Valentine's Day jbyrjbyr1,
And how nice of you to wish me well and thank you for the positive
mention on the portrait. Oh but to dream that my eyes were that blue
and star studded but must admit that my head seems to be, more times
than not, in the clouds. :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Happy birthday Mairzie:):):)

orianelima,
Thank you for thinking of me ... you are too kind and
Happy Valentine's Day! :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-15-2010, 02:52 PM
HAPPPY BIRTHDAY Mairzie Dotes!:D
I Hope you enjoyed your cake;) All the best wishes Mairzie,
from Dogman, Crabby and all my other friends;):):):)

SCP,
Devil's food cake and dark chocolate frosting is my preferred choice
on birthday's and must say that I tend to bake my own because
the average "bakery" cake never seems quite as moist and delicious.

Thank you for the honorable mention. :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-15-2010, 02:56 PM
A late Happy Birthday Mary Ann! Hope you had a wonderful day!:):):):):):):):)

Alexandra,
What a lovely greeting ... many thank you's for the birthday smiley
faces and a most Happy Valentine's Day to you! :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Chinese New Year, Valentines Day and the Winter Olympics... looks like the whole world is celebrating your special day Mary Ann... Many many happy returns and I hope you get cake without fishies or mudwrestlers :D

Juz,
You have me laughing when you mentioned the Winter Olympics because
where I live, Pennsylvania, has been having a continual bout of record
snowfall accumulation not in inches but in feet and it's still coming down.

Heard on the news the other day that this winter, Pennsylvania has now
experienced a history making snow accumulation, a record that only
occured once before, back in 1884. Even though problems arise due to
traveling, power outages, etc. I can't help but see the majesty and
striking beauty of it all. Also can't seem to stop venturing out and taking
photos of the scenery that has now been transformed into a glittery
Christmas card winter wonderland. If only I had a play mate to go sled
riding with. Hot chocolate and home made buttered popcorn will be
waiting to warm us when we get back. Any volunteers? ;)

Happy Valentine's Day! :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Mairzie, sorry I missed your birthday. But many happy returns anyway! :cool:

Greetings friend and Happy Valentine's Day,
Please don't be sorry for you have made my day shine with your most
thoughtful birthday wish ... how kind of you and sincerely, thank you! :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Happy Birthday Ms. Dotes :)

flyashy,
Thank you for the sweet acknowledgement and ... how did you know
and yes ... my birthday has been a most "happy" one ... especially when
I have now become ... younger than spring time ... a feat that only the
young at heart can experience. Now who took my teddy bear? :D :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-15-2010, 04:40 PM
I'll post a new one soon as I get over the flu :) I'd love to have my avatar painted :D

Happy birthday!!!!!

Alan,
A sincere thank you for sending along your gracious wishes. :)

And for that flu ... take two jars of Vicks Vapo Rub and ... WAIT A
MINUTE! I think it's take two asprin and call Doktor Zhivago in the
morn-n ...? Dang and so sorry ... all of this cold weather seems to
be giving me a girlish case of the whips and jingle bells. :D :D :D

Seriously, just drink plenty of fluids, stay warm and here's hoping
you are feeling better soon. :)

Alan
02-17-2010, 05:23 AM
Mairzie :) Thank you. I hope your birthday was a good one, that dark chocolate devil's food cake sounds to die for :D
-

Figured I would go ahead and use my profile picture instead of a new one, may be a while before I can 'venture out of the house. I hope it is big enough, if not I'll see if I can fetch the larger one off my camera.

IrishRose
02-17-2010, 05:30 AM
Alan, nice to see a larger photo of you! Hope you feel better soon!

And Mair... HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! I did not know, my sweet friend....

Many more happy years ahead... and of course, you had to get me rolling on the floor again.. you are too funny. You make this place come alive! Ms. Blue Eyes! :) xoxo

D Akey
02-17-2010, 06:11 AM
I have a cold now too. Would not want to have a permanent public record of my appearance in this state.

Good to see ya. . . healthy!

Alan
02-17-2010, 06:51 AM
Thank you Rose :)

lol D Akey. I hope you feel better too!

mannafig
02-28-2010, 02:26 AM
Having just found this thread I have to say there are some wonderful pictures of you all so I thought I had best add mine too.
This first one was taken 26feb2010 when I needed a ref shot for my latest project. The second one was earlier this year is also my current avatar:):)

Alexandra
02-28-2010, 05:30 AM
What beautiful photo's Amanda. I love the wooded area too. Very much like the woods behind our house.:)

Alexandra
02-28-2010, 05:31 AM
Also Alan, I noticed the Gawga Bull Dawg cap.:D

Alan
02-28-2010, 05:49 AM
Those photos of you look great Amanda!

Also Alan, I noticed the Gawga Bull Dawg cap.:D

Born and raised, knew you would notice the cap :D

mannafig
02-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Thank you Sandra I love going through the woods they are literally 1 min outside my back gate:):)
Alan Thank you very much:o:o

D Akey
02-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Having just found this thread I have to say there are some wonderful pictures of you all so I thought I had best add mine too.
This first one was taken 26feb2010 when I needed a ref shot for my latest project. The second one was earlier this year is also my current avatar:):)

Lovely pics, Mannafig. That tattoo looks like it was a might painful. Looks like a clean job though. What is it, a wolf?

mannafig
02-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Lovely pics, Mannafig. That tattoo looks like it was a might painful. Looks like a clean job though. What is it, a wolf?

Thank you very much :):)Yes it is a wolf but that one was not painful the one on my back was though I have ribbons coming from a rose going down my spine:):)

DarkLotus
02-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Here's me :)

Thirsty Eye
05-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Hi all.

It's me again. A few months ago :)

cym
05-14-2010, 07:59 AM
This is the longest running thread I've ever created on the internet. Makes my day to see it is still here.

RobertSWade
05-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Ya done good Cym. Good to see you popping in.

RegnR8
05-14-2010, 10:34 AM
OK. I guess I have to send up my mug, too. Heh. HOO!! It's really BIG!

Selby
06-27-2010, 08:28 AM
time for an update:)

heikki
06-27-2010, 04:45 PM

Time for the update,,,Hellos everyone,,,,MoHei,,:)

Hmm,,,Selby there is two of you,,,Congratulations.:)

ENCHANTER
06-28-2010, 03:18 AM
good to see both of u are well.

congrats again, selby!!!

barnburner
06-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Guess it's about time I joined in.
Here I am...

barnburner
06-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Here I am again...a "few" years later... :):)

Alexandra
06-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Ah-there you are Mike! Good to see you! The baby pic is simply a charmer I do declare!;):)

What a nice photo Heikki.

Beautiful Selby and beautiful baby. I know you are a busy person these days.;):D

javier
07-02-2010, 02:05 AM
Hello! I'm new to this thread, but I found very interesting, the mere fact of seeing the faces that hide behind every painting I found a topic that I also should participate and that others see. Cym My sincere congratulations for creating a theme is as wonderful as this.
Here are my wife and me during the concert of AC / DC last year in Barcelona, the other is me in a past time at sea as a sailor mechanic.:):)

Alexandra
07-02-2010, 05:21 AM
Beautiful couple Javier!

cym
07-02-2010, 07:27 AM
At the beach, Lake Superior, Michigan

Jono
07-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Hello all,

Ive seen this thread for ages and this evening decided to look through whilst half-watching the Football. Its interesting and compelling putting faces to names (posts and avatars) and reading all the friendly and kind hearted banter.

Incidentally my avatar is from the very first thing I did in ArtRage. For some reason it turned out to be a grumpy old bloke wearing a purple cravat and red rubber gloves, whos wading through thick oil. :confused: Hopefully theres not too much of a resemblance! (see second image below).

Anyway...

thought Id point out a few 'special features' before anyone else did, on the real me. :p

All the best, Jono

Alexandra
07-14-2010, 10:43 AM
I would say adorable Juno!:)

What a wonderful photo Cym.:)

Jono
07-16-2010, 06:15 AM
Alexandra, did you mean Jono? ;) - If so, he's highly flattered and gone completely purple! :D

I hope to one day develop him into a comic strip character, but it all takes time.

Alexandra
07-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Oh no!!!:oI confused you with an internet service!:eek: Jono, I sincerely apologize!:o
I think your avatar would be an awesome comic strip character. Very original and indeed adorable!:):):):):)

MJSparks
07-17-2010, 10:01 AM
I suppose I oughta show my face... :D I mean.. if not you'll think I'm just a green monkey all the time.

This was last year.

Jono
07-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Hi MagenSparks, lovely photo :) not a green monkey anywhere to be seen. (I do rather like your green monkey as well).

Hey Alexandra, no worries about the name I quite liked it. Sounds like a large fish from the tuna family perhaps a bluefin juno! :D I was thinking at first there was some secret, unspoken, forum etiquette to have different names depending on who youre talking to. I did notice youve got a few name variants. :confused:

Anyway...thanks for the confidence boost about the character. Ive been drawing him in one shape or form for years, so it would be nice to make something more from him.

Alexandra
07-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Hi Magen! So nice to see you, what a lovely face and smile! You don't look like a monkey at all.:p;):D I was very much a monkey when I was a girl, living in the trees, those were the days.:rolleyes::p I still get a little hyper at times.:rolleyes:

Jono, I am still laughing at my blunder of your rage name! Yes, I like that blue fish juno. This sounds yummy actually.:cool:
Some call me Alex, some Alexandra, some Sandra, some Sandy, at home it is Mom, woman of the house, the Mrs. Gosh, I don't even know my real name anymore. Just pick one.;):D

MJSparks
07-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Hehe. I enjoy that you refer to me as a girl... I turn 33 in Jan! :D

Alexandra
07-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Oh dear, no I didn't mean to refer to you as a girl...I'm so sorry Magen! I was just talking about my past as a girl. I knew you were a grown woman married with a pretty dog named Belly.;):D
I had to re-edit though Magen...I wish that I could go back to 33! I will be 47 next month! Still a kid at heart though.;)

MJSparks
07-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Its totally fine. I still get carded and things. I find it entertaining. :)

Don't fret about it!

The only reason I know I'm 32 is because my knees tell me... but the brain is still 17. ;)

ARTGEEK
07-26-2010, 04:48 AM
I thought it was about time I showed my face around here:D This is me and my wife and another one of just me:)

Alexandra
07-26-2010, 06:27 AM
Hi Artgeek! What a cool looking couple! I love your wifes glasses and hair! (previous cosmetologist here). Nice to see you.:)

Lima
07-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Heiki
Barn
Javier
Cym
Jono
Magen
ART

Wonderful people! Great

tinkerbel
07-27-2010, 11:25 PM
It so nice to see who's behind all the wonderful paintings.
Here are my photo's.
First there is my family. My partner now for 5 years. We went to graphic school together in '86. But he became an pressman and I became a designer. So we lost track until 2005. And my wonderful kids of 18, 14 and 8 years old. The eldest has autism, but is doing great right now.

The other one is me :)

Mairzie Dotes
08-20-2010, 12:04 PM

This is me (in blue) and a few rowdy friends ;) participating in a dear
friend's recent 90th. birthday celebration. Her name is Alice Sapienza
Donnelly. She is a teaching professor at the University of Pittsburgh, a
published poet and book author, just naming a few of her many stellar
credits.

Close to 100 friends and family members attended to congratulate and
acknowledge her many accomplishments. Awards were also presented
and not to mention in house, high octane guitar music and jazz singer.
Keeping still, especially for people who like to dance (namely me) was
not happening in this restaurant.

If interested in reading about this amazing woman who was the first of
a generation born of immigrant parents who could barely speak english
but raised their daughter with a dream, the American dream, just google
search her name and you will find much inspirational information about
this spunky woman who never ... but NEVER says never. :)

P.S. Alice still grows her own garden at home.

Alexandra
08-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Great photos Tinkerbell. Nice to see you and your beautiful family.:)

Wow MaryAnn, What an awesome story and beautiful photo.:)

Mairzie Dotes
08-21-2010, 01:08 AM
Wow MaryAnn, What an awesome story and beautiful photo.:)[/QUOTE]

Alexandra,
It is so kind of you to respond, thank you. Alice is quite an inspiration.
She also speaks fluid Italian and can prepare a delicious meal like a
professional chef. Her loving immigrant parents motivated her to aim
high and ... she listened. :)

screenpainter
02-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Alan, Amanda, Dark Lotus, Thirsty Eye, Regn8r, (thought you was a girl from your avatar), Selby, (more baby pics please) Heikki, Mike, Javier, Cym,
Jono, Meagan, Mary Ann, Tinkerbell and Art Geek.

Beautiful pics!!! :)
Great group. Great to see everyone behind the avatar.
Thought I would bring this thread up again to see who else
we might hook. (er, encourage.)
It should be a permanent sticky item. (stays at top) just an idea. :D

Mairzie Dotes
02-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Alan, Amanda, Dark Lotus, Thirsty Eye, Regn8r, (thought you was a girl from your avatar), Selby, (more baby pics please) Heikki, Mike, Javier, Cym,
Jono, Meagan, Mary Ann, Tinkerbell and Art Geek.

Beautiful pics!!! :)
Great group. Great to see everyone behind the avatar.
Thought I would bring this thread up again to see who else
we might hook. (er, encourage.)
It should be a permanent sticky item. (stays at top) just an idea. :D

gzairborne,
Am wondering what a "permanent sticky item" might be? Am I to
consider using Super Glue to fastly adhere my next photo entry? :eek: ;) :D

cym
03-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Excellent idea, I see there is now a Flickr sticky, so perhaps Behind the Brush as a thread will fade away. I am ever so pleased you have all kept it alive for so long. My best to you all, some day I will Rage again!

Mairzie Dotes
03-06-2011, 04:56 AM
Excellent idea, I see there is now a Flickr sticky, so perhaps Behind the Brush as a thread will fade away. I am ever so pleased you have all kept it alive for so long. My best to you all, some day I will Rage again!

cym,
I must honestly admit that I am not an internet peruser, never travel
beyond Art Rage and Google searches, am still wondering what a "sticky"
is and now have a question ... what is a "Flickr Sticky" ... if you would be
so kind :confused: because I immediately had a vision of a new fangled type of
fly paper but doubt that is what you are referring to. :)

screenpainter
04-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Cym, It's a wonderful thread and hopefully with enough requests we could get the guys to stickie it. It's great fun to see the faces behind the brush. And even the Ambient team. I am sure there are many who might never know it is here. :) :mad: :D :rolleyes: :( :cool: :o

Selby
06-11-2011, 04:50 AM
These photos are from my wedding anniversary party in January:)

screenpainter
06-11-2011, 10:02 PM
great pics Selby. congratulations on your anniversary and your beautiful child. thanks for the update. :)

D Akey
06-12-2011, 04:57 AM
Lots of fantastic reasons for celebration Selby! Thanks for the look into your world. Beautiful family indeed. Wishing you many happy years and anniversaries to come!!!!! :):):):):)

RobertSWade
06-13-2011, 01:15 AM
Selby, wishing you and yours all the best. You're a special person, as I'm sure is your husband and, I know, is your child. Such treasures you have in your life. It makes me smile.

Alexandra
06-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Beautiful family Selby, congratulations!

byroncallas
06-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Haven't visited this thread in a while. Great great great to put faces with all these familiar names, see some new pics of old timers, and new faces for the first time. This is such a great thread. :)

screenpainter
08-09-2011, 09:44 AM
couldn't agree more Byron. it's a wonderful thread really. even the rage guys are in there somewhere back near the beginning....for the more robust and stouthearted searchers. :)
Cym we have kept it alive and preserved for you in a longstanding tradition. Let's hope it continues.
oh and Mairzie, a sticky is a thread that gets permanently affixed to the beginning position of the threads.

you will notice they have little icons and say sticky: and they remain at the top always. :)

turk003
09-06-2011, 12:18 AM
paylaşım için teşekkürler

Caesar
09-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Congratulations, dear Selby to You and Your wonderful family!
Your baby grew impressively and beautifully from Your last picture while Your classical and imposing figure and attire shows an almost supernaturally serene smile and halo, as if You're actually coming down from the Olympus or sgarr (http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%81sgar%C3%B0r) stairs among the tiny mortals living on the ground ... :D

scribbledsoul
09-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Here is a picture of me, on my motorcycle.

~ Scribbles :D

screenpainter
09-08-2011, 05:48 PM
great pic. nice bike as well. :)

scribbledsoul
09-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Thanks! That bike is my baby (just hoping my wrist injury heals soon so I can ride it again). :p

cym
11-18-2011, 09:13 AM
A recent pic of me .

limey-g
11-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Well my only picture is my avatars here is the big version
Geoff

cym
11-22-2011, 03:59 AM
Geoff, great picture!

limey-g
11-22-2011, 04:08 AM
Thanks, I am always backside of the camera so photo's of me are very few.
Geoff

D Akey
11-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Hilarious Cym. . . I think, hahaha. Great South Park look. Really surprisingly emotive.

Geoff, good to see ya. Lovely dog as well. I can see from whence comes your appreciation for the pets. That is one well groomed dog. Almost wants to be a pic above the mantle owing to the domestic peaceful portrait mood.

cym
11-23-2011, 07:02 AM
D, the real funny thing is that I do look like that.

limey-g
11-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Come on Cym lets see the real you, thanks for your kind words.
Geoff

heikki
11-23-2011, 07:19 AM

I have not read this forum for a while,,,just painting some paintings to gallery page.

Sori.:confused:

Selby, congratulations. :)

And best Hellos all,,,how time goes,,it was 2006 when i found this artrage--5 years,,and many fine painting time.

MoHei,,says hmm,,Hessu Goose. :)

D Akey
11-24-2011, 05:37 AM
Moi Hei, Heikki! :cool:

So the goose is still flying? Good to see you again. You are still out in the woods and that looks like fantastic inspiration.

I took a look at your video of you proudly walking carrying a very respectable fish you just caught near the site of this picture. Hope it tasted good!

Nhdn!

cym
11-24-2011, 06:09 AM
Oh allright, this one is fairly recent.

D Akey
11-24-2011, 06:22 AM
Straight into an Andrew Wyeth type painting, Cym. Must be something about that latitude that inspires that palette. Very rich.

By the way, on the South Park one, was that a character they did or did you do it?

cym
11-24-2011, 07:04 AM
D, the South Park was done with an image generator I found somewhere on the internet, I tweaked it just a little in Paint Shop.

screenpainter
12-14-2011, 09:01 AM
nice portraits of you three, Geoff, Heikki and Annie. :)

D Akey
05-21-2013, 02:31 AM
Why not. . . bumping just in case there's another purge.

Caesar
02-26-2014, 02:23 AM
Since I cited it, just to recover an old best-seller and remind how we were in the beginning era herein ...:)

D Akey
02-26-2014, 09:28 AM
Yeah, too bad lightning struck a few times which soured the tone irreversibly a few times.

Separations on global political grounds was one that I regret having witnessed because there wasn't a thing that could be done to bring it back to being about the Art and the joy of friendship on a global scale. But such is the world we live in.

I still say it is a design flaw in humanity that we survive by feeding on other organisms. One form or the other of that undermines so many of the loftier aspirations toward which we also strive. Also, it seems all to easy too destroy things. And the fragility and transitory nature of things should give us impetus to support the good where it appears just because it's good.

I appreciate your energy Caesar because by nature you are very much a proponent of the good.

screenpainter
02-26-2014, 10:06 PM
Thanks Cesare for reviving an old classic thread. Hard to believe it will be seven years this April since we first appeared on the forum. It's a great thread that should not be lost.

Gms9810
02-27-2014, 05:38 AM
You asked for it....
... ugly old geezer, I know.

Caesar
03-04-2014, 12:16 AM
Thank You, dear D Akey and Screenpainter! It was appropriate because this thread didn't deserve to be like an abandoned boothill where our disappeared friends are buried underground ...;)
You're a beauty istead, dear GMS! You show an interesting personality and look like a great character for a some novel. Any age has its charm which depends more and more how we are and how we look isn't but a necessary ornament.