PDA

View Full Version : Behind The Brush

Pages : 1 [2] 3

juliediane
02-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Hi !!!

This is me and my husband. All the pics are great. Good to put faces with names.

RobertSWade
02-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Guess I need to check in here a little more often. Thanks for the congrats and nice to see you Shirly and JulieDianne. :)

popepain
03-29-2008, 07:56 AM
well here i am

Kaushik
03-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Wonderful Suit !!!! the classic green :)

Here is mine

I dont have a pic of mine in the recent times... sorry :D

D Akey
03-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Cool, popepain. Glad you got added to the rogues gallery. Classic green indeed. I'm sure you stood out at the gallery show: "He's the guy in the green suit. . ." Theartically artistic.

Kaushik, welcome! How old is the photo?

Kaushik
03-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks D Akey.
These one near an Indian tent is a year old and the one near a clock is around 6 months :)

RobertSWade
03-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Good to see you both. :)

Mirage Velondor
03-30-2008, 04:08 AM
Well let's not be a partypooper this is me!! Both were taken in a local poolbar. im the big one in the light blue shirt the others are some of my friends

ScottF
03-30-2008, 06:21 AM
Okay, now that I´ve found this section, I guess I can share as well. This is one of me sitting with the postman in the Parque Nacional de Tierra del Fuego, about 20 km from my house. :wink:

Mirage Velondor
04-11-2008, 08:41 AM
This is me laughing and not laughing at the same time :?

:shock: big........ head....... AAAAAAH!!!

idiotiQue
04-13-2008, 10:03 PM
don't think I've got any pictures of a good quality, since my camera's broken. :P hapilly it was ''only'' a gift from the photo company where my mom worked..

but, here I am. :roll:

flebus
04-17-2008, 07:55 PM
My ArtRage works at : //flebus.artblog.fr

cym
05-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Still great to peek behind the brush!

Lee
05-09-2008, 04:24 AM
OHMAGOSH!!!!!!! ArtRage should give Cym an award for this wonderful idea!!!!!!! the photos are works of art in themselves,,,,,!

Caesar
05-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Here's my little son Gabriele (9 years next August) who recently exhibited in kidz corner and in the gallery with me updated at about 49 and still unable to pose decently (at least I did not raise my eyebrows in some devilish expression Bob). :lol:
Next two on other posts since it seems there's little room in here.

Caesar
05-11-2008, 01:41 AM
Again with Gabriele.

Caesar
05-11-2008, 01:43 AM
... and the last one, finally!

screenpainter
05-11-2008, 01:55 AM
two great looking guys!
now Caesar you have made your mug available for trouble for sure. :D

hanzz
05-11-2008, 02:09 AM
great to see this topic still gets updated, I must update the "under the brush" again sometimes too.... 8)

Caesar
05-11-2008, 03:02 AM
Harder to find in here Albert! :wink: Thanks for making appear more graceful my degradation! :lol: :D

Hanzz! The tutorial central and caricature great master!! Any update by You won't be certainly a trivial one! :D

irishrose
05-11-2008, 04:48 AM
Cesare,

And who says I am getting younger ever year. Sizzle, sizzle.. both handsome guys and three pictures of them.. wow... awesome! ;)

Caesar
05-11-2008, 05:15 AM
Well there's another couple of person who deserve more than me the attribute, my elder son and my wife, but thank You my beloved Muse Rose. Unfortunately, as Anchises I start feeling the age like any mortal, dear Venus! :D
I just started exhibiting the paintings of my younger boy in the Gallery and Kidz corner so ...
Why don't You look also to the series Food with an Attitude, the great thread Mairzie had the brilliant idea to start and keep high flying with witty comments? :wink:

irishrose
05-11-2008, 05:53 AM
Cesare,

Will check out your young one's paintings and the other link you said about the fruit. Another forum I am on is upgrading so there is nothing to do over there, and tomorrow is Mother's Day in USA, so I get the day off! ;)

Add the other two and your family will be complete 'behind the brush' :)

Thank you for your kind words again, I appreciate you!

ScottF
05-11-2008, 06:02 AM
Caesar, great photos and a strong family resemblance between you two. It´s interesting to see the "real" person "behind the brush." (I´d post a picture of my little boy, but he´s 36, so I won´t bother. :wink: )

irishrose
05-11-2008, 06:05 AM
Scott, please do... we love to see EVERYONE. :) Comeon... I have a 25 yr old and I posted him on my website, my daughter is almost 23 and my other two boys are 13 and 9. You can do it! ;)

ScottF
05-11-2008, 06:10 AM
Ok irishrose. Here´s one of my son, Nate, and my grandson, Archie.

Caesar
05-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Rose, thanks. The other two may be to shy to show! :lol:

... and congratulations to You too, dear Scott! :D It seems that mankind improves generation after generation in both our cases. :wink: You are all nice, but Your grandson looks an absolute masterpiece. :o

Lee
05-12-2008, 02:47 PM
if a person didn't know where these photos were taken it would be easy to say, hey! , i know them, they live just down the street,,,it amazes me, being from a very small town, is that these beautiful photos tell me that all over the world every one is the same when it comes to what is most important,,,,home and family and freedom ,,,,,

irishrose
05-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Scott, okay, that's close enough.... but so cute!!! Thanks for doing that for me.

And Cesare, comeon, SHY in ITALY? No way, get them on here!

Lee, you're so right!!! We're all the same... :)

shirly
05-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Hello everyone .... :)
Sorry :( my friend deleted the pic I posted here before(its very hard when someone else knows your password and do things which you don't like ....... :cry: sob.....and harder :x when you just cant help it!!!!!!)

I don't have an idea why he did it.......I m really sorry but I know he is crazy. :evil:

So here I am ........with my friend.Again in traditional saree :wink:
These are scanned pics ... :)

irishrose
05-19-2008, 10:29 PM
These pictures are gorgeous, Shirly. Thank you for sharing! You all look SO beautiful! I love the traditional dresses you are wearing. They are Saris, no? I have a friend who lived in Sri Lanka and his wife wears them still. Gorgeous colors!

shirly
05-20-2008, 03:56 AM
Than u so much Irishrose.....yes they are called saris only!

irishrose
05-20-2008, 03:58 AM
Yay, Shirly, I got it right! They are lovely and so colorful. If only they had them here in US... so ladylike and soft. :)

Storm
05-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Nice seeing everyone else on here who has posted. Figured we give it a shot too since others have been asking.
So...
Us minus our five kids and dog. :D Taken last winter.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16187&stc=1&d=1211419811

juliediane
05-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Is it just me.....I can't get storms picture to open?

D Akey
05-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Speaking of which, where's the gallery?

And no, I found no image with Storm's post.

Rain11
05-22-2008, 05:07 PM
I don't know what happened but I'll go ahead and post our Pic.:)

Storm
05-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Another one of Storm and Rain11.

The audience reaction...:mad: :D :eek:

screenpainter
05-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Shirly the picture with all the saris looks like a beauty pageant. :)
Rain and Storm... audience reaction....:D:) Good looking couple.

Caesar
05-22-2008, 07:50 PM
Glad to see You too, dear friends!

Shirly- Tweetie, it's even more amazing to realize visually that You're such a young nice girl and still a talented and skilled artist! :) Congratulations!

Dear Rain11 and Storm, You look as beautiful and positive as the children tales happy ending! Congratulation to You too! :) It's funny to notice that each of You put the picture where she/ he looks neater while the other one is not that perfectly clear! LOL

ScottF
05-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Great to see you Storm and Rain!

Storm
05-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Thanks all. :D

Rain11
05-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Thank you Scott, Caesar, and GZ! It was nice to see all of your pictures on here too!:)

idiotiQue
06-09-2008, 08:16 AM
I had to make some pictures for school.
And I also made some pictures of me, since it was about 'your identity'
Used my mom's awesome camera. :p
tadaaa. there she is again.

RobertSWade
06-09-2008, 10:51 AM
You just get cuter with each new picture you post here. :)

vincevancough
06-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Just found this thread. Brilliant idea. It's very nice to meet everyone face to face. I usually don't photograph very well, but here I am.

The picture was taken in Barcelona. Did some traveling from February until April.

So what do you think? Does my avatar (me as a Simpson) look like real me :D

RobertSWade
06-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Well, you're certainly handsomer than your namesake. And you have all of your ears. :)

vincevancough
06-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks. I try really hard not to cut off my own ears :)

Cute grandkid, by the way. Congrats!

joedeer
06-11-2008, 04:52 AM
This is a recent pic taken by my wife Mary last week or so.
The grass was cut right after:)

Caesar
06-11-2008, 05:18 AM
Happy to see the new mates here too!

Dear Vince, fortunately You haven't got the jaundice Your Simpson's caricature suggested (You're not that yellow) and You don't look so much as VVG (certainly You look happier, maybe Barcelona helps too!). :D

Dear Joe, You look absolutely great even before You had Your grasscut! LOL

As for old mates, well, dear Idiotique, You may scare some of us appearing from darkness in such incumbent, ectoplasmic appearance! Your mom got a really powerful flash indeed! LOL

idiotiQue
06-11-2008, 06:32 AM
Well I get shocked myself too everytime I take a look in the mirror.
I think I'm sort of a flash myself. :p

Cédric Trojani
06-11-2008, 08:00 AM
ho ! it's good to see all those people :)
here is a self-shot I did 1 minute ago. Well..it's in black & white so no-one can see that the color of my hair is...white... (ok ok, I'm 38 and white hair since I'm 20/22)

Caesar
06-12-2008, 02:51 AM
Hi Cèdric, I'd say Your platinum blonde instead. :D
You're handsome anyhow! At least You may pretend to be the most attractive 70 ager ever in the world! LOL

Cédric Trojani
06-12-2008, 03:35 AM
At least You may pretend to be the most attractive 70 ager ever in the world! LOL

I don't know if I find it nice .... ;-)
I have more white hair than the grandfather of my daughter...
yesterday, we went to a theatre where my daughter will danse in 2 days (the annual show of her danse school) and there was a meeting of old retired people. My wife told me I can get in, no one would notice me.... GRRRRRR

Caesar
06-12-2008, 04:01 AM
Sorry Cèdric, I did not want to offend You. :o
I just thought that it was not a problem for You and You were kidding on it (I had a friend who started having a lot of white since he was a teen ager, but this did not affect his mood).
I also thought that it's better to have hair than not, at least You might use artificial colour on them if You wish. Personally I've a lot of white too now and it was not hard to accept it. Obviously it's different, I see, but if I were much uglier I'm sure everybody would see me mouse-grey hair rather than just seriously grizzled!

Cédric Trojani
06-12-2008, 04:05 AM
Sorry Cèdric, I did not want to offend You. :o

no no ! I was kidding :)
as I said, I use to have white hair since long years so for me it's my natural color, not any problem at all, I really don't care about white, blonde, brune, red,.... hair, really (and when I'm in a crowd, as I'm 1,92 meter high, with my white hair, my wife and my daughter find me quickly ...)

LogicsHere
06-19-2008, 11:26 AM
I had a great time looking at all your pictures. It's always nicer when you can match a face with a name.

I don't do many pictures so it took me a while to find one. I apologize, but the only one I could find shows me with the jolly old elf, Santa.

LogicsHere (aka Betty)

hanzz
06-20-2008, 01:27 AM
you're on the right, right ?

idiotiQue
06-20-2008, 07:56 PM
I think she's on the left. :p

Dany51
06-21-2008, 04:04 PM
This photo is an old one but I like it, is like me. Actually my face didn't change too much, I am just like the grand ma of this young lady.:)

Dany51
06-22-2008, 04:21 AM
Warholizer: Turn digital photos of you and your friends into pop art!

http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/warholizer.php

I discovered today this art game , here are an example , me in all colors !:)

Caesar
06-23-2008, 12:09 AM
With the last two additions there's an undoubt further increase of the beauty level in this Forum. Glad to meet You Logicshere, Dany51 and Santa Klaus! :D

hanzz
06-23-2008, 12:55 AM
dear caesar, may I remind you that I posted my gorgeous looks a long time ago?

lol

Caesar
06-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Dear Hanzz, when I entered Art Rage Forum, Your presence was often evocated as a mythical caricature semi-god with a sort of religious awe. This is why I didn't even dare, as a mortal, nominate Your splendour. :D
I wasn't even sure whether You are the realistic person a saw in picture having a drawing as a caricature or a drawing having a realistic person as a caricature!
What is for sure, having seen Your miracles, is that You are certainly the deity to pray before starting a caricature! LOL

pai
07-01-2008, 07:59 PM
I seldom take photo. Always my friends took it really fast....like this. So, here I am.

ENCHANTER
07-01-2008, 10:14 PM
hello cutie :D

D Akey
07-01-2008, 11:28 PM
I seldom take photo. Always my friends took it really fast....like this. So, here I am.

*You* like this?!?!?! Heck, I *love* this picture!

I've been fond of your self portraits all along. But I'm very pleased that you actually got a very good likeness when you painted yourself. So I love this one for a lot of reasons.

Words fail me, but I'll borrow a line from the immortal sayings of ENCHANTER: "Hello cutie."

Caesar
07-02-2008, 12:40 AM
WOW, Pai! What a beauty!
Not even Your great self-portrait was able to prepare the ground for such a vision! Your eyes and smile look so smart and shining ... :)

screenpainter
07-02-2008, 01:06 AM
Great smile Pai. :)

RobertSWade
07-02-2008, 05:40 AM
"I'm not young and I'm not pretty." She told me that once in an email. I didn't believe it then and I sure don't now. Pai, you are the personification of the song "China Doll". :)

Caesar
07-02-2008, 06:19 AM
Really, Bob? Round here telling lies make Your nose get longer(remeber Pinocchio?) or Your legs get shorter! :)
I wouldn't dare to spoil artworks making a caricature of Pai like Pinocchio to censure such an "excess of modesty" though. :D

pai
07-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks everyone with such kind and beautiful words. I felt :o and blushed. I would love to see my caricature with Pinocchio's nose. ;)

ScottF
07-02-2008, 06:25 PM
You are so very beautiful pai! It´s great to see your picture.

(Funny, when I posted my picture in this forum no one said anything about how handsome I was--maybe there´s a reason. :D)

D Akey
07-02-2008, 09:11 PM
You are so very beautiful pai! It´s great to see your picture.

(Funny, when I posted my picture in this forum no one said anything about how handsome I was--maybe there´s a reason. :D)

Merely not to get the ladies all insecure with the comparison, Scott.
Chivalry lives!

Cédric Trojani
07-02-2008, 10:13 PM
wow Pai ! I guessed China is beautifull country with treasures to see, but now I'm sure !!

Rick
07-06-2008, 09:17 AM
I better get in line with the rest of the guys.. You are indeed a beauty.. And a very fine painter too..:)

idiotiQue
07-10-2008, 12:46 AM
Lovely picture pai. :)

hanzz
07-10-2008, 03:07 AM
I hope I get some time, my hands start itching.... lots of great entries recently, the more recent, the prettier !:D

irishrose
07-10-2008, 05:20 AM
Pai, that is a lovely picture, you are a very beautiful girl!

And Scott, you're handsome too!:D

pai
07-11-2008, 02:34 PM
:o thanks mates.

Tigwa
07-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Wow after seeing beautiful Pai ..... ;)
I hesitate to introduce myself.
This is soooo nice to see All of the ARtist.

ok, ok, here it is......

Starting at the top left is me two years ago 2006. My happy health ol' self.

going clockwise

Me in September 2006 in hospital.

The next two pictures are me learning to walk, which isn't easy.
I am still learning but any movement now is a blessing.

The center one was me day before Christmas 2007
when I finally got home from the nursing home.

I only want to inform all about Guillian Barre Syndrome
I was paralized head to toe with Guillain Barre Syndrome.
Two people in one hundred thousand get GBS,
It can hit ANY age or sex. Unknown origin.

I am not looking for a pitty party.
I Love AR and it gives me relief from pain and gives me joy.

May you ALL enjoy your art and may you find JOY "Behind the Brush".

"SHARE A SMILE"

TIGWA

RobertSWade
07-18-2008, 04:16 PM
So good to see you Tigwa. Your determination and positive outlook are an inspiration. :)

D Akey
07-18-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm with Robert.

I would also add that you picked a good focus in doing Art. Good for many reasons, and the results are something you can share with others, which is the second half of the joy of doing art.

Clearly you have talent in art, judging by your paintings.

I love the image of a giraffe as well. Sorta built to rise above things.

ScottF
07-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Tigwa, it´s good to "meet" you. I´m glad you´re home and I´m glad you found ArtRage. Through it, you´ve got something that you enjoy and helps you out. Because of it, we´ve come to know you and enjoy your paintings.

screenpainter
07-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Tigwa, good to meet you and to see you too. :)

Caesar
07-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Dear Tigwa,

I'm glad You wished share all this with us.

You're among the truly heros and heroines, the real Leonidas, whose courage goes well beyond facing wounds and death from an enemy, standing a pain generally lasting few days or just a moment and who face a long or life lasting battle against an adverse doom, an incredibly overwhelmingly hard proof.
I'd like You know You don't give rise to pity, in so far we have everlasting hopes and values which see how unique and essential each of us is and how he plays his life game and we are not restrained to protect our own ephemeral moments of happiness.
These values, whatever their philosophical or religious form, should be typical to anyone wishing to express himself creatively as an artist thus to generously communicate and share the joy and magic of creativity, filling himself and others with happiness droplets.
So, in my view, You give rise to admiration for Your strength and determination, empathy for Your gentle soul, joy and gratitude for Your paintings sharing, example with Your courageous attitude, love for seeing in You our greatness and that of the ones around us we love or loved, a greatness which emerges better in the weaknesses shadows.
You do are beautiful, I can see it starting from Your eyes (unfortunately the picture's focus is not good enough); as a matter of fact the soul's good, beauty and talent start transfiguring our body already in this world and life, in the same way, evil progressively does the adverse effectalso to the most beautiful human being.

I hope my English was good enough to trasmit decently what I wished to tell You greeting Your presence in this section.

Take care, dear mate!

irishrose
07-25-2008, 05:23 AM
Tigwa, I haven't had a chance to officially welcome you but now I am.. and you are BEAUTIFUL! :) Your artwork is terrific too! I hope someday to be half as good as you are!

Tigwa
07-25-2008, 04:37 PM
I am so Happy I cried as I read each reply. Thank you All for the warm thoughts.

Caesar, Your words are so very kind. Thank you. :)

irishrose
07-26-2008, 12:54 AM
Aw, well, everything we said is true, believe it! :)

Jim Walsh
07-26-2008, 01:11 PM
I posted this elsewhere. but I'm not sure anyone saw it. I'm not the bald guy,:D

irishrose
07-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Jim, so good to see you! You're a handsome guy... and of course you're not the bald guy... anyone knows Thomas Jefferson when he/she sees him! And there's good old Betsy Ross... I would never mistake you for either of them. Nice picture! :)

Caesar
09-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Oh God, I missed You Jim so far!
...mmmh ...I'd exclude the lady ....not Benjamin Franklin , I mean the bald one... so You're the bold one then!! :D Glad to see you!

weembaman
09-25-2008, 03:09 AM
Here's a picture of me hard at work at my welding/fabricating shop....

D Akey
09-25-2008, 03:46 AM
Hi Jim! You look like a travelin' man. . . time travelin'!

Welcome to the 21st century, Ben.

D Akey
09-25-2008, 03:48 AM
Howdy weembaman (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/member.php?u=5569)!

What a cool looking studio. Looks like you could sculpt or fix a tire. Not sure which. But we know you can paint on the ol' computer.

Caesar
09-26-2008, 01:49 AM
Glad to see You at work, Weembaman! I think Your art may well extend to metal statues and compositions as well. You seem to have all that You need!

weembaman
09-26-2008, 03:02 AM
I did do sculptures, Here is a picture of one I did in my younger days, this one was about 9 ft tall and 11 ft wide..I also made a bunch of smaller ones about 18 inches or so tall and some can be seen on my web site...
www.RaceVisions.net (http://www.RaceVisions.net) under the sale button...I've had a great life doing all sorts of art stuff...:)

Lee
09-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Dear Jim, did look at some of you site pictures, thank you, and you are a real treasure! Orange County Choppers should worry!!!;)

RobertSWade
10-04-2008, 07:50 PM
My three Kidz Korner contributors: from bottom left and going clockwise ... Devon, Makayla, and Breanna.

ScottF
10-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Robert, what a group of cuties!

misterpaint
10-04-2008, 08:54 PM
me and my music band.

Caesar
10-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Nice to seem them Bob! It looks like new Wades generation improved sensibly the old model design as it happened in my case too! :D
Congratulation to the little artists!

Caesar
10-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Anvedi MisterPaint! :D L'aspetto mefistofelico è accentuato dagli occhi rossi. Molto piacere di vederti!

Look at MisterPaint. The Mefistopheles appearance is increased by the red eyes. Very pleased to see You!

Rowena
10-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Thats an impressive looking sculpture Weembaman :)

Bob, those are such cute kids..:D

Misterpaint, how nice to meet you :D - I agree with Caesar about your red eyes LOL...and, is that an Italian reincarnation of John Lennon sitting on the left? - what a beauty! does he also sing and write songs? ;)

I'm a big fan of music...I love the music of electronic artists like Ulrich Schnauss, Air, M83, Sigor Ros, BOC, Kwoon, and many, many more...then also Imogen Heap, Moby, Secret Garden, Beetles, Beethoven, Mozart, and on and on.

I can even go into raptures about listening to birdsong :D:D
Life would be terrible without music!

Davisa
10-05-2008, 12:03 AM
Good morning all!

Hey Robert, your kids are sweet :D.

Now it´s my turn.
That is me at the paint course. I look like very shit :o, lol.

http://www.da-vi-sa.de/me-at-the-paint-course-jpg

hanzz
10-05-2008, 01:05 AM
So your finger keeps the easel from falling over....agree, but what if you want to paint just that spot on the canvas ?

:D

Nice to meet so many great artists/faces.

misterpaint
10-05-2008, 03:24 AM
does he also sing and write songs?
yes!!! he sing and write songs :)

dali
10-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Okay, just found this and thought I'd throw my pic in. This was taken at work in a hospital on the planet Pluto. :)

dali
10-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Heh, thought that'd get a good laugh. :D

Asincrono
10-05-2008, 10:02 PM
You will not trick on me with the second photo... alien! Now I know the turth. You belong to a highly developed in painting race. That explain your paints :eek: All make senese now :mad:

misterpaint
10-06-2008, 06:52 AM
The girls are very beautiful in this community!!http://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/lol/www.MessenTools.com-emoticones-lol-risa-007.gif
(I'm italian.. sorry)

RobertSWade
10-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Thanks to all who commented on my kids but they're actually my grandkids. My wife and I are raising three of her daughter's kids.
-
MisterPaint, Davisa, Dali, and Weembaman ... good to see you. :)

dadicrunch
10-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Good evening all

that is a great idea to show ourselves to the artrage community, hoping to have a community meeting event one day to see each others in real why not behind a good glass of wine or other ;)

ok here I go

D Akey
10-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Lovely photos all. . .

Misterpaint, you are a man of many talents and lots of energy apparently. You look a little different from your avatar, which as someone mentioned does resemble Mephistopheles via Venice and then Roma.

Robert, those kids are on your wife's side. That explains the different looks from yours. They look delightful. Good job!

Davisa, you look like you're scented by oils. A real artiste'.

Dali, I hope you don't pull a stunt like that when I'm in hospital. Yeesh. What kind of drugs are you handing out over there, anyway? Your docs made a deal with the pharmaceutical companies did they? Hahah. Very cute. Thank you for including the second shot.

dadicrunch, may wine flow freely at your table.

And to any pics I missed, sorry. I've been lagging on this forum, but always enjoy it when I see some activity here.

dadicrunch
10-06-2008, 12:20 PM
hehe may it not flow too much but as we say here : à boire avec modération :)

cheers

dali
10-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Don't worry, it's a kids hospital! Although an adult hospital could benefit from some aliens from Pluto at times. :D

RobertSWade
10-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Good to see you also dadicrunch. :)

Fashmir
10-06-2008, 04:34 PM
The girls are very beautiful in this community!!http://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/lol/www.MessenTools.com-emoticones-lol-risa-007.gif
(I'm italian.. sorry)

Hey man I'm American of Scottish decent and yet... I completely agree with you. :D

Caesar
10-07-2008, 03:02 AM
I subscribe Misterpaint and Fashmir admiration for this recent display of Inter-planetary Beauties (but this is not a news from me I guess! :D)

Mizumi Nightmare
10-11-2008, 12:34 PM
ME ON A GOOD DAY

I think I look like a brown version of shrek :D ...though i ,must point out, I do not bath in the local swamp or let off gas there to catch fish :wink:
AAh you dont
Lol

lollipopgirl
11-22-2008, 01:33 AM
what a good idea it's great to see who the artist behind the artwork is:)

here is a picture of me & illusuionist Derren Brown I post a pic of the 2 of us as he features in my artwork so you get to see both artist & subject!!!

weembaman
11-22-2008, 07:06 AM
Here I am Hard at work..........

Thirsty Eye
11-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Hi everybody,

It me back again. To the place I always love. I am happy to see newbies around.

I have been busy with writing. In the mean time I am participating in a Radio Drama programme held by British Council and BBC World Service. We are seven Arab writers who are writing a 60-minute radio paly that will be broadcasted on the BBC World Service on 12 March 2009.

In the picture you can see me with Nick Warburton (http://web.ukonline.co.uk/suttonelms/NW.HTML)during one of two workshops held early this month.

Take care.

cartuneman
11-23-2008, 01:58 PM
well this is what i look like when I dress up for the tourist in Virginia City,....

Cartuneman:D

lollipopgirl
11-23-2008, 04:33 PM
well this is what i look like when I dress up for the tourist in Virginia City,....

Cartuneman:D

cool outfit:)

ScottF
11-24-2008, 07:26 AM
It´s great to see all the new faces here!

RobertSWade
11-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Good to see you Lollipopgirl. Thirsty and Weembman I've already seen. Cartuneman, you look to be a very convincing hombre. :)

monicka84
11-25-2008, 05:32 AM
Hello all!

Here I am... just fulling around :)

lollipopgirl
11-25-2008, 05:51 AM
Hello all!

Here I am... just fulling around :)

nice pics:)

monicka84
11-25-2008, 06:18 AM
nice pics:)
Thank you!;)

lollipopgirl
11-25-2008, 07:52 AM
Thank you!;)

you're welcome :)

ArtNuovo
11-25-2008, 09:12 AM
This is me in my "professional" mode.

RobertSWade
11-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Nice to meet you Monicka. Good to see you Amy. :)

monicka84
11-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Nice to meet you too, RobertSWade :)

Jim Walsh
12-11-2008, 04:57 PM
good to meet you monica, art, and lollipop

Mairzie Dotes
12-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Today was the first day venturing into "Behind the Brush" and I
noticed a striking Warhol like photo grouping that Dany51 posted.
It reminded me that I had designed something similar as a joke for
my sister who had sent me my favorite lipstick for a birthday gift
in February. For the sake of not taking up too much space I have
reduced then included two of the Photo Paint, "twinked" photo's
along with the original on the left that I used as a reference.

This afternoon's trip into this thread has been most enjoyable and
it's nice to now place faces on many of our talented members. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rob in Denver
12-19-2008, 05:38 PM
I have enjoyed seeing everyone on this thread, so Ok, here I am in Paris on Vacation from earlier this year--a nice thought on a frozen night in Denver!

Germart
12-28-2008, 09:59 PM
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Gert/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Magnets/small/headshotgm.jpeg_001.bmpFun to be able to attach a face to all your names. I hope a lot of members will follow through with this. GermArt.

stevieP
01-04-2009, 03:32 AM
Hi all, this me, no no not the one with four legs lol

hanzz
01-04-2009, 05:24 AM
If you scroll a bit downwards when typing a post (reply) you'll see in the additional options a "manage attachments" button. click on that.
Locate the file, click upload, and when uploaded, click "close window".
When you post your message, the picture should be there.;)

Vasilenko
01-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Hello! My avatar is me but like 10 years ago. :p

jbyrjbyr1
01-24-2009, 06:51 AM
What a wonderful thread this is. I can now mentally populate this terrific forum with manly men and a whole host of lovely ladies. This photo was taken last year at my god-daughter's wedding held at a beautiful arts pavillion near Milwaukee, WI. JB

Ailaya
02-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Thought I'd throw my face in here as well...:)

imagimary
02-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Here I am behind the brush.

cym
04-01-2009, 04:44 AM
after all this time, it's nice to see this is still a growing & flourishing place!
I have no internet at home any longer, so I don't get a chance to check in much.
Great to see you all.

Jim Walsh
04-13-2009, 05:04 PM
i just snipped this from a local newscast. i am the deacon on the far left of cardinal rigali.

Selby
05-23-2009, 09:28 AM
tis winter here and time for a new avatar to go with the new crispness in the air..so.....

idiotiQue
05-26-2009, 01:16 AM
not blonde anymore :p

Caesar
05-27-2009, 04:45 AM
With this "Behind the brush" thread who needs to look at celebrities magazines anymore to find gorgeous ladies pictures when waiting at the barber shop?

Finally an image bigger than a post stamp, dear Selby! How could Yout 6 feet and 3 inches go into Your previous Avatars?
I understand we probably could not enjoy Your beauty all of sudden, but I'm nonetheless sorry this arrived late for a good enough portrait! :(:D
Congratulations to Your mom (as we use to say).

I guess You made some tests with ArtRage on Your portrait before changing Your hair colour, dear IQ! :D
Whatever the tone You look great too!
Congratulations!

Caesar
05-27-2009, 04:47 AM
.... oh, congratulations to You too, dear Jim, for becoming a cardinal!! :D

Krondelo
05-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Hm, why not.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/Razor007/qwerty.jpg

Caesar
05-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Pleased to meet You Krondelo.
You're quite an handsome, poliedric and mysterious artist! Congrats!

fraser_paice
05-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Me... a fine photo!

irishrose
05-28-2009, 07:48 AM
Neil, no fair. That's Trig!

Selby
05-28-2009, 09:31 AM
I guess You made some tests with ArtRage on Your portrait before changing Your hair colour, dear IQ! :D
Whatever the tone You look great too!
Congratulations!yes well ill take all the artificial intelligence i can get:D

.....actually i just thought it was easier to see at small size as a tri tone because of the greater contrast:)

JamieB
05-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Well, i'm totally new here but figured i'd probably be pestering you lot A LOT over the next few months, especially as i just picked up a graphic tablet!

Here's me:

Selby
05-28-2009, 09:54 AM
nice to meet you jamie:) you'll find we are a pretty friendly bunch.

Ailaya
05-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Welcome Jamie! As Selby said, we're a friendly bunch, so you'll feel at home in no time :D Have fun with that tablet, looking forward to seeing what paintings you produce!

Another of me (which I am planning to manipulate for another image for my story :) )

irishrose
05-28-2009, 12:37 PM
All these new faces... WELCOME and HAPPY TO SEE YOU!!!!! Can't wait to see new art. :)

RobertSWade
05-28-2009, 01:20 PM
One of the truely great threads. Good to see old friends and new. :)

MaryS.Hines
05-28-2009, 04:23 PM
I thought it would be fun to see the people behind the artworks. So feel free to post a photo of yourself here.
This is me, trying as always to find the prince.

this isn't one of my most recent pics, but will have to do for now :)

Caesar
05-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Welcome Jamie, Ailaya and MaryS.Hines!
All nice people in here I notice. Maybe there's an aesthetic selection upfront by the Artrage people so as only handsome guys and beautiful ladies may appear! :rolleyes:

Mary, Your picture is better than the Avatar for the purpose, although not crystal clear. I don't think I'll have one hour time today to make the add-on (there's my young boy leaving with the school and I've to prepare the scenography for their end show too; moreover I counted at least 4 more ladies, including, You to add). A new issue will come pretty soon anyway.

irishrose
05-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Me... a fine photo!

Neil... um, just noticed, you may want to crop this to remove Trig's in your face thingy...kids notice! :eek:

Maybe move this to After 9 O'Clock?? ;)

fraser_paice
05-29-2009, 06:00 AM
Neil... um, just noticed, you may want to crop this to remove Trig's in your face thingy...kids notice! :eek:

Maybe move this to After 9 O'Clock?? ;)

Aw Rose... and he is so proud of it....

Oh well done now.....

irishrose
05-29-2009, 07:48 AM
I know he's proud... but better to be proud and have it tucked under where it belongs ;) yikes!

ScottF
05-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Nice to see the new faces and the updates!

foxytocin
05-29-2009, 09:33 AM
Well, there do seem to be quite a few dog images here. Thought I'd join in with a few pictures from two weeks ago of me, a tennis ball and the neighborhood canines...there usually aren't very many pictures of me because I'm the one normally behind the camera...

irishrose
05-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Foxy, you're beautiful!!! So happy to see your face! Now I know you! :)

foxytocin
05-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks, Rose! It is great fun to see other people's faces...it's so easy to be shy when you've socialized so much without "going public" with your actual face.

Caesar
05-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Hi, foxytocin!
I'm really glad to see You! Another really beautiful and joyful mate!
I presume that, behind the camera, there's one further dog making the shots!! :D

fraser_paice
05-30-2009, 05:53 AM
Ok Rose... No request is beyond my abilities...

Me... and Me and Trig (No Thingy!)

Lee
05-30-2009, 08:08 AM
What Beautiful Blue Eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;):)

fraser_paice
05-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Rose... Trig is twelve and a half... he dresses himself now!

fraser_paice
05-30-2009, 08:41 AM
Ah the photo shoot the other day was spontaneous.. so he was trying to look like any other dog.... The make fun of pooches in pants around here.... At least he's not a cross dresser, he's quite amiable really.

coops
05-31-2009, 04:17 AM
Saw this thread yesterday I thought I had better put a more up to date pictures of me as the last one was taken a few years ago. As you will see the years I am afraid are catching up with me but what the heck. Sorry about the shiny face but its a beautiful day here and I have been out in the garden enjoying it.
I had a good time in here looking at all the wonderful faces and boy are there some lovely and beautiful people.

Caesar
05-31-2009, 06:36 AM
Dear Coops, maybe the years are catching up, but they don't seem to bite You and the fresh and spontaneous smile that seems to radiate from the eyes, the mouth and the whole body. :) Congratulations!;)
I also noticed that You are wearing the right dress to discuss about a payrise ...:D

coops
05-31-2009, 06:49 AM
Thanks dear Caesar your ever the gentleman and as for the dress well just maybe it isnt a dress as I said I had just come in from the garden and the wookie suit was toooooooooo hot.

emenemsbis
05-31-2009, 07:21 AM
Coops, you look great!^___^

I'll post my picture too, if I'll find one :P

foxytocin
05-31-2009, 07:23 AM
Hah! Such lively discussions can be found here. Coops, you have a dynamite smile in your eyes....

irishrose
05-31-2009, 07:47 AM
Coops, no years have caught up to you... you look divine! :)

coops
05-31-2009, 08:33 AM
Thanks my friends for such lovely comments. I think Artragers are a great bunch of people who make you feel soooooooooooo good.

irishrose
05-31-2009, 09:26 AM
Ah, you do the same for us!!! We're all here aiming to please ;)

fraser_paice
05-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Ah Coops... You still have a happy shiny smile....whatever you mistakenly think the years have done to you... That's a lesson for all of us.

You always have kind words for everyone and that and a sunny smile makes you worth a pay rise.

I look like Gandi apparently...

And Trig looks like a raccoon in underpants.

So you are ahead of the game.

coops
05-31-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks Sabena and please you do in bucket loads.
Thanks also Fraser and I have seen both yourself and Trigg who did make me laugh. I dont think you look like Gandi you look like yourself with a lovely face and an amusing smile (when Triggs not in the way).

Levent Suberk
05-31-2009, 08:06 PM
A photograph of my workshop. Here you see LG 700S old monitor on a chair, and keyboard, mouse, Zippo lighter, a pack of cigarettes on a coffee table. At right, there are several music cassettes on midshelf of a cupboard -which I made that simple cupboard myself about fifteen years ago-, most of the cassettes are seventies rock, jazz, -now I am listening Carmen McRae-, and some classics. Note that Derwent pencil box. At below you see my computer case contains 950 MHz Celeron CPU, 256 Mb RAM and 32 Mb VGA card that flies the ArtRage 2.5 at very high speed. At left -not shown in photo- there is a Dual 721 vinyl player and plenty of vinyls from seventies.

Perhaps someday I send a photograph of my den -a covered balcony, I used for real oil and watercolour paintings- which is a real cluttery one.

coops
05-31-2009, 08:47 PM
A very detail photo dear Levent and one that tells quite a story. The face interesting face on the screen, well can it be???? I'm guessing it is as it is a quiet, gentle face.

irishrose
06-01-2009, 01:38 AM
Levent... wow, you're so clean and tidy!!! Love the look... I would want to read in that room! :)

And I LOVE SEAN CONNERY!!! Wow.. great painting!

I know the feeling of the cluttery studio.. I have a place where I do my 'painting' too.. the real stuff, down and dirty! ;) Hugs and thanks for sharing!

Lee
06-01-2009, 01:54 AM
Dear Levant, thank you! great photo! hope you smoke outside;), looked up Bursa, sooooo beautiful!!! read the folk story about Karagoz and Hacivat,, would make a great opera or movie, those characters are still around, have a nice day!:)

Caesar
06-01-2009, 06:06 AM
What an intimate environment dear Levent!
I agree with Coops that the portrayed gentleman may be You and it's a brilliant idea to leave us into the mystery thereabout!;):)

byroncallas
06-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Terrific Levent - certainly that's you peeking back out a us on your monitor (?). The setting seems a perfect and contemporay subject for treatment in your magical old-world techniques. The room is lush with symbols of a focused personality that lend themselves to your classic treatments. Maybe someday you'll give it a go? :D:) The photo is wonderful and the painting of the great looking guy in the monitor is excellent.

irishrose
06-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Okay, Levent.. I have to know, that IS Sean Connery, not? James Bond???

I know I have seen that face before.. or do you look just like him?? Curious minds want to know! ;)

foxytocin
06-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Levent, I greatly enjoyed your workspace photo and the explanations behind it. What is/are the textiles to the left of your desk?

I think that it'd be fun to have a thread here dedicated to our work spaces. Anyone else interested? I'm a bit embarassed to share mine but when I sit back and look at it, this small space really does sum up the whole of my home.

flyashy
06-04-2009, 06:51 AM
Oh this was a great thread to go thro.
I have a suggestion for another..
let's find celebrity doppelgangers for everyone here on AR forum..

Like IrishRose pointed out Levent has Sean Connery ...

and incidentally, IrishRose herself has a very famous celebrity doppelganger: Jaclyn Smith (of the original Charlies Angels I think..)
here's the proof : Image#1 & Image #2

:)

and Here's myself and my world famous fantastical doppelganger! Image#2 & #Image 3 Not to be confused with any ordinary blue frog, my doppelganger is the famous frog prince (he'd be blue because of the blood, isn't it?)

LOOL!!
ta!

irishrose
06-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Flyashy,

THIS IS GREAT!!! I have heard that before about Jacklyn Smith. I WISH I looked a lot more like her! :) Getting older and older (yes, but so is she! ;))

I think it's great to do dopplegangers of others... hey, if I find any pics, I will post them. And I know you don't look like a neon and blue frog. :)

Thanks for this, it's truly flattering! :)

Is that really Levent or is that SEAN Connery?? I have not got an answer, but most think it's Levent. Levent, can you clear up the answer for us?? ;)

flyashy
06-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Gee Rose,
Thanks for being such a good sport!
Well, you're quite right bout the neon green and blue frog.. his colors are nowhere close to my true iridescent colors!!! ;)
I'll try and put one up without the colors as soon as I find a frog that matches my color!! haha!!
On the Sean Connery bit, I'm 100% sure that it's not Sean, so it must be Levent.
You know what I think, I Think instead of the thread there ought to be a 'Rouge's Gallery' where the AR forum members are permanently on display!! (haha) (& their doppelgangers too!!)

Here's hoping we soon locate more and more of them!!
:D

irishrose
06-04-2009, 11:49 PM
LOL... you're welcome Ashy!!! I like your idea... and thanks for clearing up for me the Levent/Sean Connery mix up. I think you're onto something. I know that Hanzz did some caricatures of some of the people here on AR... don't know if I can find it at the moment, but was really fun! :) Hanzz is the master of caricatures here!

Thanks for the flattery, and wow, neon eyes.. well, I guess I'd have to get used to them. ;)

Have a great day!

ScottF
06-05-2009, 03:03 AM
Great looking at the new and updated pics! What a great idea ashy! They say everyone has a double out there somewhere--even in the animal world, it seems. :D

Levent Suberk
06-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Dear friends, thank you for your comments, sorry for delayed answer, I was a little busy.

The image on screenshot is not me nor Sean Connery -I am sorry dear Irishrose-, but my painting 'Portrait of a Turkish Fisherman' (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3346&highlight=turkish). I displayed that painting because I wrote a story for it and I like my story more than my painting.

pai
06-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Nice to see your workplaces, Levent and you in there. :)

And hello to every new members, I haven't visited this thread for long time. Enjoy the fun with AR. :)

Taron
06-05-2009, 09:06 PM
OH MY GOD THAT's a wonderful thread, hahahaha! Wow, what a joy to see you all! And what a fantastic way to start the day for me, hehehe...

Ok, guess I should post a picture of myself, too, then.... not that my avatar wouldn't do me enough justice, hehehe. :rolleyes:

pai
06-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Wow..it's must be my lucky day, Taron. I haven't logged in here for days. And, I see you today. ;):) Nice shots and smile. Great to finally meet you.

coops
06-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Lovely to see a photo of you Taron and what a friendly, smiling face it is. """""""coops waves back""""""""

Taron
06-05-2009, 10:14 PM
I was- and am- very happy to see you, too! Looks like the first step to a dream of a party, haha! But, honestly, I love that we can all make an even better human connection with this thread. It makes me deeply happy.

And, not that I want to push this thing into a funky direction, it's just fantastic to see the person to the style, of course. No wonder your paintings are so beautiful, Pai! ;)

Hanzz, wow, Caesar, Bumble (well, nice to see you on a bigger picture, too!), you're all your own masterpiece already and it should be like a revelation for some to see you. It is to me, too, but I've spend considerable amounts of time studying people and how their inner style projects into everything they do. Often they also carry that style, but sometimes things distort it a bit. This distortion also goes into the work they do, because, let's face it, we see ourselves, even when we're not looking. Well, there's far more to all that, but- focusing on the norm- we all have a style that is everywhere with and within us. It's not about the subjects painted, it's not about the favorite topics, either. It's about curves, straights, volumes and most of all proportions. That's also why I dislike, when people don't paint sincerely, when they don't let that which they want to paint go through them first to let it have the transformation that makes it a personal work of art. Tracing and the likes are disguises and only offer a corner around which you can take a guess at the "artist" himself. One should also be careful to judge an artist by his/her choice of subject. You won't find him/her there. It's just a frozen reflection of time, the mood and the matters that had affected the maker.

Anyway, appearantly all this makes me think out loud...but it's really fascinating and I believe this thread and the thoughts it triggers offer something closer to our actually relevant reality than most other things. Embracing our wonderful diversity and seeing the faces of so many like-minded. What a blessing!

UH... Coops: did you actually think I let my avatar lie?! :D ...but, honestly, that's me most of the time and what loving life (yes, all of it) can do to one, hehe. Let's have a small probe into just how far that goes...
I recently thought about Moskitos, because the time has come again for lots of pesky little fellas to leave their itchy marks. When I was little I used to have a deal with them in which I wouldn't kill them, if I was left alone. Sounds bizarre, but it worked pretty well, hahaha, no idea how all that works. However, ever since I realized that a healthy lifestyle turns them into dealbreakers (with my blood finally being eatable again!) and the fact that I moved half across the world now gave me a fascinating revelation. Let's try for a moment to think in the following way, not least because I believe that to be true, but nature has no evil component. We are all living in one giant symbosis, no matter how much we struggle against that revelation. In that symbiosis every party has a purpose and when the purpose vanishes, the party vanishes, normally. Moskitos never vanished, no matter how hard we try and have tried, but we might just have dodged a bullet in not succeeding with getting rid of them. I believe that Moskitos are natures vaccinators. Think about it! You come into a new region. Your body has no experiences with its local bacteria, viruses and other pathogenes of that kind. A Moskito comes and gives you this minute portion of it along with a clear warning signal for your body that it should get busy around the wound. Much like in homeopathy it gets your body to heighten defence and develop antibodies against the small intruders. I think those little critters are natures vaccination program and it's probably the best there is! So if you want to destroy or seriously harm mankinds immune system, you'd want to get rid of Moskitos. If you want to live a happy life and deal with small annoyances in a more grateful way, let 'em have a bite! ;)
Now you may think of malaria and how it kills millions each year in Africa. I believe that to be a vicious propaganda that is meant to aid efforts to cleanse out regions from unwanted population by "unsuspicious" means. In that case it would be lowering the immune systems. There are some more hints to support this observable agenda. And even if it wasn't, it's a very specific occurance and a very specific place that under normal circumstances would never display such severity. But I'm too fascinated by the vicious schemes out there to dismiss the conspiratory aspect of it. See, the harder we try to separate ourselves from nature, the more we allow ourselves to develop evil. Within nature it simply does not exist. It's our arrogance that deprives ourselves from all the wonderfully easy ways to love existence and find our role in it. Everything else we should see with respect and awe as well as care and support, if needed. But, just as the lady on the flight said, first put the oxygen mask over your face, then over that of your child or the one who needs your assistence! ;)

Lee
06-06-2009, 02:06 AM
Dear Taron, well shut my mouth:eek:, isn't it amazing how you never know what people look like, i remember when i was a teenager (long long ago) there was this disk jokey with a velvety voice, really yummy, involved in the community and very kind hearted,,,, so , got to see the real person, over the hill balding inch thick glasses, not that there is anything wrong with that;) just that i learned a lesson from then on, how people appear is so different from how they really are,,, from your writings i expected to see an old professer type, NOT!!! ,,,,may not always agree with you but do read what you write, sounds like you may have not been feeling to good for a while but are better now,, that's a good thing,,, best wishes:)

weembaman
06-06-2009, 04:19 AM
Here's a picture of me hard at work at my welding shop..:):)

Sketchism71
06-06-2009, 06:28 AM
Wow...This is such a great thread! It is so cool to see the faces behind all this creativity. Taron, nice to see such a kind looking face:). Well here's Sketchism!:eek:

Sketchism71
06-06-2009, 06:29 AM
Thats great Weemb! Is Puddy real? Where's Puddy?:D:D

weembaman
06-06-2009, 07:40 AM
Sketch...
Puddy was real at one time but has warped to another time zone.. She belonged to a dear friend of mine and this keeps her alive in her eyes...:)

irishrose
06-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Woo hoo, such great looking guys in here, what a distraction it's going to be... I think I liked it better with generic avatars... yipes... you guys look AWESOME! ;)

Yes, Weemb.. where is PUDDY???

And great looking sons (duh, I thought they were both the same... lucky guys!) you have Sketch. What's their names??

Taron, after all my brain cells are back in working order (been a long week), I will attempt to read your post over again... right now I'd need a very large dictionary and much logic.. I've lost both! ;)

Taron
06-06-2009, 08:36 AM
HAHAHAHA, Lee, wow, now you're making me worry about having bursted my image for you, hahaha... well, I started early, what shall I say. :D

Well, despite my only recently fading youth (36) I've had a somewhat turbulent life, but probably in a rather harmless way. Not to mention that I've always cared and thought about all the same matters, having used my time to pierce further and further forward into understanding profound aspects of life. Probably because I had to pay attention to people and the system we live in in order to pursue my ideas about what I need to do. The earlier you figure out that your life is for the arts, the harder it is to find permission to follow that calling. At least in Germany, that is...

However, having been in Hollywood for 10 years, I've had time to witness how we get collectively removed from reality and each other and felt the silent pain of isolation in the people there. They don't acknowledge their loneliness, partly because TV keeps them company and because they've been taught to keep friends happy despite potential personal grief they simply shouldn't share. On top of that they are so desperately brainwashed to meet manufactured ideals that simply do not exist and can never be reached, but in the pursuit of it they have to focus on themselves too much. Other people become merely sources of feedback or get used as some kind of commodities. They don't exist for each other anymore. However, it all had an effect on me and made me sad and angry as I felt this kind of death pull on me. I knew it couldn't be that way and decided to drop all the nonsense to find out how life can really be. It's all in process, but I can already feel it. Now I only have to work out how to formulate all of this so I can stop complaining and start suggesting! ;)

Sketchism, well, right back atcha! Looks like you've got some lucky boys there! Congratulations! They have a kind looking and very talented daddy!

Lee
06-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Dear Taron, sounds like a good story in there to be written, and age is as usual, relative, depends on where you are, 36 is lots to look forward to, 40 on the fence, 50 much better than 40, 60,,,, oh my goodness what the heck happened:eek:, try to enjoy 36, :)

Hi Sketch and Weem,, so glad to see your happy faces!!!:)

Sketchism71
06-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Taron, you have such an interesting story...again, write that book;)

Thanks irishrose, My son's are Jaden and Jackson. I have to fight My oldest (Jaden) for my tablet and Artrage! This thread is just way to fun!:):)

irishrose
06-08-2009, 02:52 AM
Love their names... and yes, I know the feeling about sharing the tablet. Mine too! :)

Taron
06-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Now there's a birthday present of a wonderful kind. I think there are relatively inexpensive tablets that would make a remarkable gift. ;)

Lee, I've noticed with some surprise (and shock) that the relevance of age is a more than a matter of time. If one sets out to learn and be awake for what ever reason, be it motivation or accident, age accumulates experience that are being used. If one gives up on that accumulation for what ever reason, early contentment or accident, age is merely endurance and experiences are missed. Nothing of the above has to be permanent. Things can change, things can change people, and so the above can describe periods. A time in which we learn is a time in which we accumulate the years to grow. A time in which we stand still, we keep what we've learned and mentally almost stay at that very age when we stopped accumulating. Once we pick it back up, we might be 40, 50, 60, we'll be almost exactly at the age of the break. Some stop at 16, some stop at 20... that's the age we then represent! ;)
So, if somebody says he's young at heart... he's probably right! :D

foxytocin
06-09-2009, 12:07 AM
What a treat this latest set of pictures has been! And the stories behind them, as well.
Taron, your quote: "If one sets out to learn and be awake for what ever reason, be it motivation or accident, age accumulates experience that are being used. If one gives up on that accumulation for what ever reason, early contentment or accident, age is merely endurance and experiences are missed." Quite the well-said statement.

Caesar
06-09-2009, 02:10 AM
Dear Taron and Sketchism, it's a real pleasure to see You in here!

As for Taron, he's exactly like his Aavatar (just look at the hair and eyes)! :D

Sketchism hair too look like his Avatar (i.e. hard to see under the spheric surface coverage)! :D

I'm kidding!
You both look great and pleasant people indeed to meet, talk with, listen to (provided You find the pause button of Taron :o) and learn from.
We already knew it, but You do seriously match our good opinion You were handsome and smart guys also from a physical standpoint, in my view.

Lee
06-09-2009, 02:52 AM
Dear Foxy, beautiful new avatar!!!!! :)

Dear Taron,, yes to what you said,,,,,, i like to drive, you drive away and drive home again,,, while going away you see one perspective, one view, one way, but, on the way home, now mind you on the exact same road, there is a completely different view and perspective,,, not to mention the constantly changing conditions that never allows those views to remain permantent,,,xox:)

Taron
06-09-2009, 02:56 AM
Uhm, I'd love to reply, but Caesar just found the pause button! ;)

Lee
06-09-2009, 03:03 AM
;):p:o:(:confused::rolleyes::cool::eek::D:)

Sketchism71
06-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Why thank you dear Caesar! Often times my head gets so full of stuff that it does expand into large spherical purple orb. LOL!:)

I certainly do not want to hi-jack this thread but I did not get an opportunity to respond to a thread that was removed and I would just like to say...Dear irishrose, please do not leave us... Kindness and respect will prevail!

byroncallas
06-09-2009, 08:58 AM
This thread is wonderful, discovering everyone "behind the brush". I've much enjoyed reviewing all the great work and commentary. Just terrific.

Here I am too:). 100% Artrage as mixed media integrating an imported recent photo. Tried to do something that communicates my ArtRage experience and sensibilities. I think I'll use it as my avatar for a while. :D:)

Also, here is a couple of recent photos with my wife Rosy. She inspires a lot of my paintings. She's a total nut for abstract art and color color color. Check out those earrings. :D

Sketchism71
06-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Dancing amongst the abstract beauty in the vibrant labrynth of Byroncallas! What a cool avatar! You look like a kid in a candy store dear Byron!

I must say, you guys are a charming couple. Rosy, you are beautiful and now I know where Byron gets all his inspiration of beauty! Great post Byron you charming little devil!

Lee
06-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Dear Byron, easy to see you are one happy fellow!!! love those earings too, great pictures!!! thanks!!!:)

weembaman
06-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Byron, you are one lucky guy to have such a pretty wife, you are a charming couple to be sure..My girlfriend wears big colorful earing's too and I love them...

SCP
06-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi,
I have been amazed how much is in this thread,all the great photos and banter from lots of wonderful members.Great to see Taron,Sketch,Byron just to name a few;)
I never got round to introducing myself before loading up images on this site.So after seeing this thread this seems like the perfect place.
My name is Scott Conrad Payne.I was born in Adelaide,S.A, Australia 1968.I now live in Queensland,Australia.
I was always into art as a kid,always daydreaming failing almost every subject at school.Other kids would ask me to draw stuff,help them with drawn assignments etc.I lost my passion for my Art during Art College doing a Dip in Fine Arts.I was very dissapointed,but the reality of trying to earn a living to stay alive sunk in.So I reinvented myself over and over.I have been a Bodybuilder(competed at state/national level),Powerlifter,Jackaroo,Gym Instructor,Army reserves,Motorcycle instructor,Projectionist (Cinema operator,little man upstairs lol)did that for over 7 years screening all the movies.Lots of other jobs inbetween as well.
Last work I was doing some cad stuff and 3D vis in Lightwave.Over the last few years I have been trying to get my Artistic side back,and seeing if I give it a fair go,maybe I can make something out of it.

O.k sorry to rant on.I have to include pics with my boy Monty.
1st pic is the first day we got him and 2nd pic last month.It's hard to get a proper photo of me,for some reason when cameras take pictures of me it makes me pull faces,dunno why?:p:rolleyes::eek::D

byroncallas
06-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Hey Scott: Thanks for posting. Great pics. Thanks for posting your story, making the man behind Dogman real. It's great to meet you this way, you being all the way down there down under.

All the best to you and Monty, and Dogman, and Crabby, and Hill Giant and all the rest of your extended family. ;):D:)

byroncallas
06-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Lee, Sketch, Weemb, thanks much. And thanks for your regards and warm comments for Rosy. I never forget how fortunate I am that she is my wife, partner and best friend. :)

Caesar
06-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Glad to meet visually the fantastic kaleidoscopic Byroncallas couple (I guess this is the reason why this name is a double one, since it contains a poet and an opera soprano names fused together)! :p:)

Another fantastic entry I would warmly greet, is that of our dear SCP we already saw in the Avatar though. I just wonder, who's that friendly human being with him? :D

Taron
06-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Man, that's a puppy, SCP! So cute.... damn I miss having a dog. Good spirits, great to meet you! :)
WOOPS, didn't even read what you've said... but then I just woke up, too. So I shouldn't write anything right now eitherway, but let's at least say: Good job! And I'm happy to peek into your reuniting with art of the more freeflowing kind!
I'm sure you know to be proud of yourself, no matter what, because after all you're here now. I mean, seems like some things have worked out. In an ideal world, life would not punish you with the need for odd jobs, but at least it didn't get you stuck in something completely different.

I'm really having a blast here, so many different walks of life. Phenomenal!

Same goes to Byron, haha, that's wonderful. My god, you appear so full of life and Rosy like a woman who deeply loves. She looks utterly sincere, sometimes too much. More wonderful spirits!

Just when you thought this thread couldn't possibly get any better! ;)

hanzz
06-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Just when you thought this thread couldn't possibly get any better!
Ahah!

(left is inspired by Kim Yong Il's hairdresser.)

coops
06-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Its so wonderful to see all these happy faces this is a brilliant thread. Hello to all smiling happy faces nice to see you.

irishrose
06-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Great Pics, Byron, now I know what Rosie looks like!!!

And Hanzz, too FUNNY!!!! That's what I like about you. :)

SCP, you know what they say about people starting to look like their spouses as times goes on? Well, I guess that applies to their puppies too! :) Love your pic.. your doggie is cute!

Caesar
06-10-2009, 12:47 AM
You look always great, dear Hanzz! With those hairstyles and moustaches You would be a fantastic character in Asterix comix! :D

Levent Suberk
06-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Dear irishrose, I am happy to see you again. :)

irishrose
06-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Thank you Levent... I am still on the fence, but we'll see.

Sketch, thank you for your kind words. :) I appreciate it.

Levent Suberk
06-10-2009, 01:04 AM
Dear Hans Deconinx, I agree with Caesar ! :)

Caesar
06-10-2009, 02:14 AM
I put a painting in the Gallery to explain the concept, dear Hanzz and Levent! :D

pai
06-10-2009, 02:57 AM
okay...Hanzz..you have dragged me back from outerspaces by seeing your new hairstyle pics...haha. Love them. :D

And nice seeing you all Sketch with your two beautiful sons, Bryon and your beautiful Rosy, SCP and your doggie. You all are wonderful artists with so many stories to share with us and have nice smiles. I'm glad I'm in this AR forum. :):):)

And Caesar, that's very awesome version of Hanzz!! :D

ok..i really need to go back to spaces now.

Sketchism71
06-10-2009, 03:39 AM
Right on Scott! It's never to late to find dreams. In fact, mine have changed so much in the last 20 years that in a strange way...Im glad I waited to try to find them! Very nice to meet you. A body builder? ... Ah ha! I have noticed in some of your paintings how well you capture muscle structure even down to the striations in your figures. I was wondering how you got that knowledge...Very cool! Would love to see Australia some day. The closest I have ever come to seeing Australia was in watching Finding Nemo (which was playing in my house continuously for about two years)!:cool:

Hanzz, Great pics!... Always nice to see you:)

Nice to see your smiling avatar this morning irishrose!

irishrose
06-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Sketch... I love the remark about Finding Nemo and that's the close you'll get to Australia. Funny, we had that video playing for a long time too! I am really tired of it and know the whole thing nearly inside out!

And thank you, nice to get a compliment. :) Hugs to you and your sons... it's nearly noon here in Florida.

byroncallas
06-10-2009, 04:34 AM
Taron, Rose, Caesar, Pai, Coops, Lee, Sketch, Scott, Levent (hope I didn't miss anybody), thanks for all the great comments.

Hanzz, you've the BEST sense of humor.

This thread is a terrific trip.

SCP
06-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Oh my I forgot to check back here,didn't mean to be rude.:o
Big Thanks Byron,you have been great!:):)

I think I might of rambled on a bit in my first post with my photos.:(
Taron thankyou for your kind comments,yes I think in some ways I was waiting for Digital art to surface to get back into Art.When I was at Art college I never thought one day what we take for granted now,would happen? It is way cheaper,and gives me more freedom than before.
Actually in some weird way Taron you are partly responsible too,I started back into Computer Art first with 3D (UED making a few maps).Then I came across some of your 3D works about the same time I decided to buy Lightwave.
Now years later, I'm here and I get to see your 2D work:):)Funny how things go!:cool::D

SCP, you know what they say about people starting to look like their spouses as times goes on? Well, I guess that applies to their puppies too! :) Love your pic.. your doggie is cute!

Thankyou irishrose ,yer my puppy steals the show.:):)

He is a wonderful puppy,whenever I feel down his smile snaps me out of it;)

Right on Scott! It's never to late to find dreams. In fact, mine have changed so much in the last 20 years that in a strange way...Im glad I waited to try to find them! Very nice to meet you. A body builder? ... Ah ha! I have noticed in some of your paintings how well you capture muscle structure even down to the striations in your figures. I was wondering how you got that knowledge...Very cool! Would love to see Australia some day. The closest I have ever come to seeing Australia was in watching Finding Nemo (which was playing in my house continuously for about two years)!:cool:

Hey Mate,I think I'm the same in some ways.My only regret, I didn't keep drawing all those years.Yes a Bodybuilder(drugfree) in a funny way this filled my Artistic side for awhile I became my own Sculpture.I never did sports at school and was very skinny and short.Thing I liked about Bodybuilding it was upto me and no one else(not like a team sport).I was hooked for about 4 years,I ate slepted trained to push my body and mind beyond my limits.I won a few comps including State Tittle,and 2nd at the Australian Tittles.I then retired as drugs became the norm.:mad:Also got 2nd in state tittles in a drug free Powerlifting meet and I was drug tested yay! But they didn't test the guy that beat me:confused:

Mate you should come over to Australia,lots to see and do.Hahaha Nemo:D

Cheers,
Scott.

flyashy
06-16-2009, 06:03 AM
Recently it was pointed out to me that my experiments with silver Colloidal seem to have left me with a skin condition not befitting someone of Roman origin.
I hereby update my visage for all the forumites to gaze upon and wonder at the lack of deep cerulean and viridian chroma!
lol.
here's me before I quit smoking. (which was quite recently! so I'm not sure if it counts as having quit or not, but it's definitely me!!)

ta,
flyashy

P.S. I couldn't help the green t-shirt though!! :D

hanzz
06-16-2009, 06:14 AM
You didn't waiste any time, O Centurion !

irishrose
06-16-2009, 06:22 AM
Woo hoo.. looking good Ashy!!!! Great banter too!

Sketchism71
06-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Hey fly! You look completely different upside down compared to your right side up avatar! I can tell which is which now because of the gravitational direction of your hair!:D:D Great post!:)

irishrose
06-16-2009, 07:04 AM
Ooh, Sketch, I'm sure you only said that because you two live far away from each other... I didn't notice until I saw the post.. you scalawag, you! ;)

flyashy
06-16-2009, 07:15 AM
Haha,
@Hanzz, how could I delay such an opportunity??
I mean Centurion??!! Wow I'm getting a promotion! :D

@Rose, Thanks, I shall soon be getting posted at the Fort Laudanum :) and joining the ranks of the Immortals of AR :)

@Sketch, My avatar was oriented so my side of the world can see it right side up. I can't help it if you're on the wrong side of the world!! Haha!!

P.S. I always say, " The more hair I lose, more head I get" ;)

Sketchism71
06-16-2009, 08:37 AM
:eek:HAHAHAHA! Nice one Fly! Now I want to shave my head! Too Funny!:D:D

Mairzie Dotes
06-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Recently it was pointed out to me that my experiments with silver Colloidal seem to have left me with a skin condition not befitting someone of Roman origin.
I hereby update my visage for all the forumites to gaze upon and wonder at the lack of deep cerulean and viridian chroma!
lol.
here's me before I quit smoking. (which was quite recently! so I'm not sure if it counts as having quit or not, but it's definitely me!!)

ta,
flyashy

P.S. I couldn't help the green t-shirt though!! :D

flyashy,
I normally do not respond to other forums because of time constraints
but you are quite photogenic even with or without the lack of deep
cerulean and viridian chroma. (Must research the meaning of cerulean
and viri ... viri ... oh you know what I mean! ;))
Good show for breaking the smoking habit and your green shirt might be
an indicater that you are ready for Saint Patrick's Day when it rolls around.
Being Irish, I favor the wearin' o' the green even when I am not in a
celebratory mode. Nice to meet you! :)