PDA

View Full Version : Colours for Artpen Users

tasquith
08-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Thus far, we have had a number of colour samples uploaded for oil and acrylic paints. Now, how about artpens?

To carry things further, on my DeviantArt account I've added two more colour samples for Copic and Prismacolor markers.

The Prismacolor marker colour sample can be found here (http://bolsterstone.deviantart.com/art/Prismacolor-Colours-Artrage-94596782) and the Copic colour marker colour sample can be found here (http://bolsterstone.deviantart.com/art/Copic-Colors-for-Artrage-94593975) .

I hope they are of use.

ÄlveKatt
08-13-2008, 01:27 AM
Thanks! I have such trouble keeping track of colours, I think this will help greatly, with any tool.

Rowena
08-13-2008, 02:09 AM
How very very very very VERY cool...
Thanks a lot for these, I really like them :D:D

cLuMsY_joel
08-15-2008, 05:12 AM
Wow...these are extremely helpful!!...I work primarily using the 'art pen' or felt tip tool, so these are a god send to me!

Cheers for putting in so much effort...it paid off!

Rain11
08-16-2008, 03:19 AM
I use a simple pen and tablet(cheap one)Is there a special kind of art pen or does this work with any kind of pen? Anyway, I downloaded these and they are wonderful!Thank you!:)

Fashmir
08-16-2008, 04:27 AM
Very nice resource. Thanks for that.

screenpainter
08-16-2008, 08:40 PM
These are very cool. :cool: Thanks for the time you put in on these and sharing them with us. :) :eek: :o :( :D :rolleyes: :p ;)

tasquith
08-20-2008, 10:04 AM
I use a simple pen and tablet(cheap one)Is there a special kind of art pen or does this work with any kind of pen? Anyway, I downloaded these and they are wonderful!Thank you!:)

Glad you liked them. :)

You can take advantage of the pen on Artrage with a simple pen and tablet - Graphire, Bamboo and Intuos3 are all types I've tried it with and produced satisfactory effects.

However, producing the desired effect requires fiddling with the pressure, softness, wetness and the art pen. I like to turn "off" the art pen so I can get a good felt pen effect similar to what you get when you colour with Copics. (Turning on the Artpen produces effects similar to the traditional media paint pens; turning it off produces something much closer to the felt pen where overlaps increase the saturation of the colour. I find you can produce more satisfactory blendings with the "artpen off" setting.)

tasquith
08-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Wow...these are extremely helpful!!...I work primarily using the 'art pen' or felt tip tool, so these are a god send to me!

Cheers for putting in so much effort...it paid off!

You are very welcome. :)

Lurker
08-23-2008, 01:19 PM
They are wonderful! :D I was finally able to get them to work on my mac. I put the file in another folder and it show up.

RobertSWade
08-24-2008, 05:04 AM
Thank you Tasquith. :)

tasquith
09-01-2008, 04:41 AM
They work with 'any' tool in AR naturally - not just the pens. The references in the description are merely to help those who are more familiar with the spectrum of colours associated with Prismacolor/Copic markers. Now, one of the colour sets in the Copic selection has been desaturated slightly to help give a good "marker on white paper" effect when used in that manner.

That being said, they should work with any pen and tablet combination.

Anyway, I'm glad you like them. :)