PDA

View Full Version : A couple of paintings

tony
07-19-2006, 01:40 AM
Been very busy lately, but managed to produce a doodle in the second painting called halt who goes there. Finally with a bit more spare time started with a blank canvas not knowing what to do next, same situation most of us find ourselves in sometimes. Anyway, thought I paint a nude, something I have not tried on ArtRage before.Regards to you all,Tony

ivan k
07-19-2006, 01:52 AM
love that nude tony! very dramatic halt who goes there, like it too

Prawnsushi
07-19-2006, 02:29 AM
Very nice paintings !

Only things that puzzles me about the nude is that the background looks a bit flat, but it's because i like rough and textured backgrounds :P Otherwise it's a very pretty nude, i like the ligt highlights on the leg :)

I like the expression on the kid's face, awesome ! He was lucky too lol Could have been horrible..

ENCHANTER
07-19-2006, 08:24 AM
The nude is really well done, I like that, she looks natural, if you know what i mean ,

halt ...look like soemthing from a film/animation.....the expression on the girls face is well done!

:D

jacktar51
07-19-2006, 08:34 AM
Hi Tony..... that is very good working with the light as you have Tony......
Alittle touch of light or shadow can make the difference between a good painting and an excellent one..........I think yours is excellent... Jack.

jacktar51
07-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Hi Tony..... that is very good working with the light as you have Tony......
Alittle touch of light or shadow can make the difference between a good painting and an excellent one..........I think yours is excellent... Jack.

AndyRage
07-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Two fantastic paintings.

Selby
07-19-2006, 10:16 AM
thats great tony- the nude is just enchanting..she looks like she'll turn around and look at us and minute and halt is so evocative you just want to run over and say 'its ok, its going to be ok'

Selby

cym
07-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Two very different paintings, but both are wonderful. The nude is very classic and the "halt" painting brings out all sorts of questions, who is she, where is she, what is she doing out there on such a dark night...I really like works that make me wonder stuff like that.

Aged P
07-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Nice ones Tony!

The nude is excellent and Halt certainly makes you think.
Very different pics in one posting.

Phil

tony
07-22-2006, 01:53 AM
:) Hi and thank you all for your very kind comments, very much appreciated and welcomed. I fully understand were you are coming from Prawnsushi about the plain back drop but I deliberatly went down that road for ease.Although, the model did have the same back drop as that shown on the table.
The Halt who goes there? was produced from doodling with ArtRage, starting with the woman face and building on that with the result shown with no pre-idea were it would lead too.
Anyway, once again thank you all for your responces and for sharing your paintings which I very much admire.
Warm Regards,
Tony

bleepnik
07-24-2006, 03:44 PM
The nude is brilliant, Tony. You've painted the flesh tones so naturally, and the lighting is also so very natural. "Halt" differs so much in style from the first, but its allure is equal to it; it's very captivating in its own right.

.g