PDA

View Full Version : An Idea From a Newbie

tab907
07-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Hi all! I'm new to ArtRage, new to art (especially in the digital form). Looking over some of the inspiring works brought an idea to mind... What would a piece turn out to be if you started with an image which was created in 30 minutes, then other artists added 30 minutes of work to it, one at a time?

Has this approach been tried yet?

Thomas (TJ)

Collin
07-18-2006, 03:52 AM
Sounds like an interesting idea. Would the next artist up call dibs so there's no duplication of effort?

tab907
07-18-2006, 05:08 AM
Good idea, I was worried about that problem. I think that's the best way to solve that problem, otherwise, we'd end up with a digital example of alternate universes!

Anyone wanting to start the first project, be my guest. I'm currently doodling with the program to get the feel of it. I wish I had a tablet! :!:

halley
07-18-2006, 08:43 AM
Sounds like an interesting idea. Would the next artist up call dibs so there's no duplication of effort?

I think there's no issue with "duplication of effort" here. You're talking about artists. You would just branch out, and people could pick whatever version of the image they wanted to springboard and brew new ideas. Just post, and if two people happen to start adding mustaches to the Mona Lisa, well, may the better mustache win!

heikki
07-18-2006, 09:21 PM
:)

Fine idea.

If we use this forum by using maximun image artrage2 size w800pix and check that file size dont come too big(kb). Then it can work so that painter load image to own computer, from this forum.

Unfortunately if use layers then .jpg image dont move forward these layers. But is it a problem anyway. We can import .jpg and draw more and export it back this forum to .jpg.

Who make the first drawing?

:)

tab907
07-19-2006, 04:00 AM
As I said, I'm new to art, and I haven't yet purchased the full version of ArtRage (Although I am this week - what an awesome program!). Enough of the excuses, here's my 1st attempt at capturing Shadow without a camera. If someone wants to start with something other than this, feel free!
(I don't know how to add the image into the message, so I've attached it.)

Let's see what happens!
TJ

Aged P
07-19-2006, 08:00 AM
OK. I'll sneak this in before we get a rule book!
This was a pretty boring pic I submitted before, now it has a wolf!
ArtRage is amazing.

Next person in the queue please. :D

drzeller
07-19-2006, 10:03 AM
Well, if you get to re-use your paintings, I can too! I took the man I added to the sea cliff picture and moved him into your picture. Now we have a Scottish Lord (is there such a thing?!) walking his grounds with his pet wolf!

D.

Selby
07-19-2006, 10:55 AM
..Aged Ps tree was lovely but its a bit more freeform now and there are magic mushrooms growing just behind the lords feet

Selby

ENCHANTER
07-19-2006, 11:38 AM
my little 30min

drzeller
07-19-2006, 12:11 PM
I don't know if it is "legal" to contribute twice, but the cave made me think of the Lord watching the wolf from a distance... perhaps he's trying to find out where the wolf that poaches his livestock lives?

(Note that we did not lose the birds to an overgrown tree!)

D.

tab907
07-19-2006, 01:23 PM
As the originator of the idea, I'll put everyone's mind at ease... The rule book consists of but one rule... you can add anything you'd like to the image, whether it was posted before or not. The only guideline is one created by your imagination...

I like the idea of keeping the piece going as long as possible. I'll leave it to you all to decide when we're beating a dead horse.

So far, I think my living, breathing, Shadow would much prefer the world we are creating for him on canvas, as opposed to his rather spoiled life here! I am as admiring of the talent you all possess as I am with the program you're using to express it!

Great work!
TJ

tab907
07-20-2006, 02:30 AM
Hey everyone! I'm going to post this thread under a new topic to draw others into the fray. I liked the term Selby used "Relay Painting," so, if you don't mind, we'll call it that.

I'll use this first project as an example, throw in our thin rulebook, and go from there...

See you there!

tab907
07-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Hey everyone! I'm going to post this thread under a new topic to draw others into the fray. I liked the term Selby used "Relay Painting," so, if you don't mind, we'll call it that.

I'll use this first project as an example, throw in our thin rulebook, and go from there...

See you there!

KokopelliTheMuse
05-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Well here's my part.

jvolkel
05-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Hey guys and Gals, This looks kewl! I couldn't resist adding my 2 1/2 cents worth. While playing around with the last image, I realizes that those aren't birds in the sky, they are baby dragons out on a hunt. Looks like one of them is going to have Emu (or whatever that little bird is) for breakfast! :shock:

Lee
05-08-2007, 08:27 AM
caves have eyes,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Aged P
05-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Great to see this post back in business :lol:

Phil

It seems a shame to overpaint a background of such simple perfection and masterful brushwork, :D

jvolkel
05-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Oh no! Now we've got bugs in the picture. :shock:

screenpainter
06-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Fixed the bug. Several lines of bad code. :D

The_Walrus
07-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Now with flames...and to think that this all started with a wolf

KokopelliTheMuse
08-28-2007, 05:57 AM
Now it's a video game :shock:

YourSunshineGirl
09-12-2008, 05:05 AM
I just joined the forums. And this thread is wonderful. My son and I used to do this when he was younger. Thank you.

Lee
09-12-2008, 05:20 AM
Dear Sunshine Girl, Hello!, Thanks for bringing this up again, how time and dragons fly!!! maybe it will be renewed again, welcome! and have fun here :):):)

crunchyleaf
09-20-2008, 04:13 PM
lol i love this:)