PDA

View Full Version : Technical illustration

Dean
07-24-2008, 03:21 AM
My second attempt at ArtRage. Tried to go for a more technical "airbrush" look. Probably need some ink work still, but was really impressed with the "airbrush" tool. It did take a little thought as to layers and "eraser" but I'm sure with a little patience, ArtRage can produce excellent Airbrush type images.
Once again had loads of fun trying.

Cheers
Dean

idiotiQue
07-24-2008, 03:41 AM
Wow. I nearly thought it was a real machine. :eek:

awesome! :D

Dean
07-24-2008, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the kind words IdioTique.
I think I may be hooked on ArtRage at the moment. :)

idiotiQue
07-24-2008, 03:54 AM
Well that's a good thing. :D

topway
07-24-2008, 04:10 AM
很好的写实作品The good works of realism:eek::eek:

ArtNuovo
07-24-2008, 04:31 AM
Wow, excellent control! good work!

Caesar
07-24-2008, 04:32 AM
WOW! A virtuosistic show indeed!!

exteecha
07-24-2008, 07:02 AM
Nice to see a new approach and great use of the software.....but I'm dying to Know------What is it?:confused:

Dean
07-24-2008, 07:09 AM
HA ha! Was waiting for that one.:)
It's actually a sterile vacuum pump for a new wound therapy. The machine actually achieves wound closure by creating a suction and hence drawing the wound together. Mostly used for the elderly who's natural healing is slowed down. (Hope that makes sense).

Thanks for the kind words.

irishrose
07-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Wow, that is awesome Dean.. and welcome! This is only your second try?? Impressive! Love it!

ScottF
07-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Welcome to ArtRage and the forums!

This is well done, and itīs the first time Iīve seen anyone attempt a technical drawing with AR. Yet another of the possibilities of the program. Iīve never used the airbrush. :rolleyes:

Youīll find that every project presents its own problems and does, indeed, require a bit of thought about the use of layers, etc. But thatīs part of the fun.

So youīre another one of us AR addicts? Well, itīs not such a bad thing--until you stop sleeping at night, and when you do sleep, you dream of painting in AR. :D

RobertSWade
07-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Welcome to here Dean. Well, that's pretty darn impressive. Yes, addiction is a real danger here and dream-painting is one of the side effects as Scott mentioned. :)

Dean
07-25-2008, 02:48 AM
Thanks guys,
I'm seeing some really awesome stuff in the forums and it really has inspired me again. My wife is forever grateful to ArtRage too as it has me back drawing and enjoying. Over the years I could never justify paying the huge amounts of money to buy all the "art supplies" I need, especially oils and markers (markers .... never did seem to have enough colours.). So along comes ArtRage with an "artbox" that is endless.

Thanks to all at the ArtRage team for such a wonderful programme.

Cheers
Dean

screenpainter
07-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Stunning illustration work. Just beautiful. :)

vincevancough
07-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Wow. This looks like it was done in some 3D-modeling program. Excellent work. :)