PDA

View Full Version : other aplications for art rage

Pierre-Luc
07-07-2008, 02:40 PM
i used art rage for a couple of projects or to play around and i wanted to show newcomers to artrage what it can do........i just love it!

i did a DVD Case for saving my artwork
a calandar with a custum picture
and i use it sometimes to trick photos

but thers over a 1000 more things to do with it......discover!

screenpainter
07-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Good to see you actively posting pics again. I really love the DVd cover that you did. This must be your daughter on the calendar? Well the self portrait is really graphic and the Rock is very intense. All in all very talented work. :)

Pierre-Luc
07-10-2008, 03:07 AM
i did those yesterday and i posted the originals

Gzairborne yes its my daughter on the calendar she's the one on the left
and for doing the rock its only a picture of terminator under it.....i just erased some parts of the rock's face and add just a litle blood aroud the edges loll

yvan_c
07-11-2008, 02:58 AM
Hi Pierre-Luc,

I could not agree more. AR is great and has more than a 1001 uses.

I sometimes use it to texture 3D models. I know there are a couple of guys & gals on this forum who do too.

Just by way of example I made a quick texture in AR. I tried to go for a metal plate thingy. The second pic is the actual AR painting.

I then took it to Carrara (a 3d modeling/rendering app), slapped it onto a cube and rendered it.

I did absolutely nothing special to the texture itself in Carrara.

All I did was place the image I painted in AR in the colour, bump and glow channels in Carrara (tiled it 8 times in both as it is not a very high res image), and rendered it on a transparent plane using HDRI ligting. The result is the first pic.

I hope you like.

Note that it actually took me longer to paint the texture in AR, than it took to do the rest. I also had much more fun doing the texturing in AR!:D

Yvan.

Pierre-Luc
07-14-2008, 02:10 PM
very nice way to use artrage of course!
i don't know much about 3d but ill study in it next year so it will give me a step forward the others to create stuning textures.:D

D Akey
07-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Marvelous masquerade. Very fun. Quite fanciful.

tasquith
08-12-2008, 08:12 PM
I have to confess that I never thought of using Artrage in those ways -- very clever indeed. :)

clay_baxter
09-16-2008, 12:51 AM
Its now my tool of choice when helping the kids to put school projects together,
Simple shapes text etc etc in openoffice, turn to stencils then mix with pics in AR