PDA

View Full Version : Adrien Brody

hanzz
07-03-2008, 02:55 AM
Hey Peeps, long time since I posted here.
I recorded some of the process of painting it, Can anyone tell me how to edit it now? (size or speed..it's going a bit fast....:rolleyes:)

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17632&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1214763265

Caesar
07-03-2008, 03:05 AM
WOW, Master Hanzz, I'm so glad You visit us again!!!! What an incredible artpiece! It really deserves to be studied cm by cm as a tutorial! :eek::)
Hey, where did we put the red rolled carpet fellas! Our hansome friend Hanzz is back in here with us....LOL :D

jacktar51
07-03-2008, 04:27 AM
Dear Hanzzzz.....Nice to see a post from you,I see you have lost none of your ability in your layoff....Excellent portrayal as we have come to expect,what a fine caracature.....You are a real professional.....Jack.

Belvrog
07-03-2008, 05:04 AM
Hi Hanzz,

great painting as always. A video sounds fantastic, so here are some tips.

If you want to change the framerate or resolution, you could do it with VirtualDub . It has alot of features and is free.

You can load it here:

http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

To change your video:

File->Open Video File
Video->Framerate ( Lower the value to get it slower )
Video->Compression ( Don't forget this or it's gonna be really big in size The compression formats you can choose depends on what codecs are installed on your computer. DivX is a good choice. )

If you want to resize the video, it's a bit hard to find, it's under
Video->Filter
Here you can choose add. A lot of funtions in here, one of them is "resize"

Write the final OutputFile with

File->Save as Avi

If you want you can add an audio stream with

Audio-> Audio from other file

Hope that helps.

kev2grey
07-03-2008, 06:14 AM
Fantastic work Hanzz:)

vincevancough
07-03-2008, 06:18 AM
Welcome back. Awesome caricature. :D:D:D

hanzz
07-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Thanks everyone.
Belvrog, the program keeps crashing....

Belvrog
07-03-2008, 06:45 AM
Hmm. In which moment does it crash? Is it crashing if you try to open the video file? Then it would be interesting to know what kind of input File format you are using. Which program did you use for capturing? You can send me a private message, keeps your thread cleaner.:D

D Akey
07-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Hanzz, said it before in the other forum, this is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Welcome back.

ScottF
07-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Your brilliant caricatures are always a joy!

screenpainter
07-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Fantastic work Hanzz. :)

Peter Pinckney
07-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Fantastic work Hanzz. :)

I agree ............I wish I could do as well!! :D

hanzz
07-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Hmm. In which moment does it crash? Is it crashing if you try to open the video file? Then it would be interesting to know what kind of input File format you are using. Which program did you use for capturing?

It crashes after pressing save as avi, it holds for some minute, and then I get a message, that the program is closing on me...I captured with camstudio. I have the file in avi and flash

Belvrog
07-04-2008, 12:18 AM
Ok. If it opens the file correctly and it can be played it shouldn't be the input format. Have you chosen a compression? If not and you leave it uncompressed it could easily reach a size in that your windows can't handle anymore. Do you see the dialog after saying " Save as avi.
There's an entry called "video data:". How big is it saying when it is crashing?

hanzz
07-04-2008, 01:16 AM
I can play it yes, I can set a lower framerate. Without compression, it gives me really quickly a 130MB file showing...BLACK ! everything black.

If I set the DVX compression, I get this crash:rolleyes:. Progressbar has not showed up ! still it was working for over 3 mins...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/Dedder/virtualdub_crash.jpg

Belvrog
07-04-2008, 01:22 AM
Hi Hanzz, I guess I found the problem. Installed Camstudio and made a short test. Convertig with "Uncompressed" is functioning, but far to big. DivX isn't really starting and then crashing. Made a test with Cinepak, which is functioning but it's old and its compression is bad. Just looking for better codec for you. Give me a second, I'll be back in a minute.

hanzz
07-04-2008, 01:28 AM
your time starts.....NOW !:D

Belvrog
07-04-2008, 01:35 AM
OK. Hope I was in time. Took a minute longer to check it out. :D

Try this one. Close Virtual Dub. Then install the codec, reopen Virtual Dub and then there should be a new entry Xvid unter compression.

http://www.free-codecs.com/Koepi_XviD_download.htm

hanzz
07-04-2008, 02:10 AM
It's working ! Thanks a lot for your efforts and patience !:cool:

Belvrog
07-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Glad to hear! If it's meant to be viewable to the public, let me know. I would really like to see it.

hanzz
07-04-2008, 02:25 AM
I posted one on youtube, I will do the rest too, but I don't like the quality of youtube.(maybe you'll find them alongside it?) Maybe there's another way to show this ? it's size is screenfilling, much better to see than a youtube file...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEMEGtHniIU

edit: I posted all 3. Quality looks like hell.Propably the last time I use you tube

Belvrog
07-04-2008, 02:46 AM
Found two of them so far. Thanks alot. Nice to have a look at your workflow. Impressive !!

You could put it on your homepage, but should look in your homepage's conditions to check if there are some limitations belonging the traffic.
A flash version could be streamed in real time.

Here's a link that could be interesting for you.

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2006/08/how-to-embed-flv-flash-videos-in-your.html

hanzz
07-04-2008, 07:07 AM
for future use, are there any better settings to record a drawing in Camstudio? Any experience anyone?

CÚdric Trojani
07-04-2008, 09:52 AM
very good actor and very good drawing.

D Akey
07-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Hey Hanzz,

Could we call this "Sketch Comedy"?

Hahaha.

I saw the related videos that showed up on youtube when I checked out your animations. That's what got listed.

Even though it's a different thing, the name sorta works for what you do.

Fine work.

Thanks for uploading that. Even though the quality is less than perfect, the information is there for those who are interested in learning the process.

ginahobbit
07-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Absolutely fantastic, a great likeness:)

xHaStex
07-04-2008, 12:01 PM
great work Hanzz...awesome characature....love the eyes and the hair...XD...

Mairzie Dotes
07-04-2008, 12:39 PM
hanzz,
WOW! What an amazing and expertly
executed caricature. Exceptionally
well done! :)