PDA

View Full Version : Frame stencil set (download link added)

yvan_c
06-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Hi Guys & Gals,

I do not have my own website (yet).

I made a frame stencil set which I'm making available to the AR community(free:D).

The stencils are contained in a zip-file. The file is 2.11mb in size at the moment. However, as far as I know, it is not possible to upload zip-files to this forum.

Please send me a PM if you are interested in hosting a download link. As a temporary measure I uploaded the file to two free file hosting services. You can download the set here:

http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/browse/yvan_c/169709

Examples of the textured reflective steel frame (which is in the set), are enclosed. Yes, the frames are actual AR paintings I made using this stencil!:). AR is just great as a texturing tool. There are other texture variations of the same frame in the set to experiment with.

Please let me know what you think and post your framed paintings;) See the txt doc included in the file for further info.

Enjoy!

Thanx.

cripster
06-25-2008, 10:09 PM
yvan_c how do i use the frame, i think it would look good with my dolphin?

yvan_c
06-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi Cripster,

These are just examples of the end result which I made with one of the stencils in the set referred to in my post. I haven't uploaded any stencils to make the frames. As stated in the post, I'm looking for members to test the set and someone to host download link. The stencils are contained in the zip-file, but I cannot upload the zip-file to this forum.

Sorry about that.

What I can do, is to send you the zip-file by e-mail in the meantime if you are interested. If you are, can I use the e-mail in your post? If not, send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll mail it to that address.

(Added download link now - See first post)

cripster
06-25-2008, 10:21 PM
That will be fine use the work email addess and if my school blocks it we can try the home one.

Thanks.:cool:

yvan_c
06-26-2008, 02:58 AM
Hi again Cripster,

I posted a download link since my previous post (see above). You can download it there if necessary.

Cheers.

Someonesane
06-26-2008, 04:02 AM
Hi yvan_c,

I see you are looking for a good place to host your stencil set .zip file. I'd recommend using http://www.hotlinkfiles.com (http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/). I've been using their hosting services for about two months now and it has been great! They'll host just about anything and it's free too (or you could pay for the service to get better bandwidth and whatnot). You can also choose to set your folders to hidden (only people with a direct link can access it), shared (anyone can surf to it), or locked (only you'd have access).

yvan_c
06-26-2008, 06:18 AM
Hi Someonesane,

Followed your advice and uploaded to hotlinkfiles. Is it just my imagination or is this server fast:D!

Thanx again buddy.

DaveRage
06-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for making this available to everyone! :)

Moving this to the Art Supplies forum.

yvan_c
06-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Its a pleasure Dave.

Now let's see what the members of this wonderful community can whip up:D.

Any suggestions from the community about types of frames and/or themes for frames and/or suggestions about improving these are welcome.

This was only a first set to "test the waters" so to speak. I have actually no idea what will work and what not, other than my own experiments.:)

Lee
10-20-2009, 07:16 AM
Dear Yvan, what a wonderful idea! thanks for sharing!,,, really like your frames here, especially the fish frame, love the 'bas relief? of it, and the industrial nuts-and-bolts one? very good! "whipped up" a sampler using your idea, all ArtRage, not the high standards as yours but fun to do,, really makes one think about the possibilities, thank you again!!!:)

yvan_c
10-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi Lee,

Nicely done!. I really like your frame.

Yes, it is loads of fun and the possibilities are virtually endless. The only seem to be "time" and "imagination" (... wish I had more of both):D

Squirls
10-21-2009, 07:05 AM
I just down loaded the file.
Thanks for the offering!:)

yvan_c
10-21-2009, 08:10 PM
It's a pleasure, have fun!:D