PDA

View Full Version : making image on a transparent bg

bubblez
06-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Hi all
i was wondering if its possible to draw something on a transparent background. it doesnt give that option when we click file>new painting. i mean i dont want that canvas on the bg. just an image on transparent bg so that its easily portable on any bg i want later.
Is there any other way?

Fashmir
06-25-2008, 07:34 AM
Sure. All you have to do is right click on the layer and go to "Edit Paper Settings" and turn the opacity dial to zero.

bubblez
06-25-2008, 07:55 AM
thanks. i am just feeling so lost here in AR. i have tried many graphic designing s/w and usually make my way out at most of 'em, but this is something really new. one more thing, i have the 2.5.19 version. Is it the latest one? if not, what is the exact newer version? on the homepage it just says 2.5 Plus.

Thanks once again :)

Fashmir
06-25-2008, 08:16 AM
The current version I'm running is 2.5.20. While in ArtRage try pressing ctrl+u on a PC cmnd+u on a Mac and this will activate the auto update tool. It should find the latest version and go grab it for you. Just follow the prompts it offers.

AndyRage
06-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Are you using the Starter edition of ArtRage (free) or the Full edition of ArtRage (the $25.00 paid-for version).
The free edition doesn't have the ability to draw on transparent paper, or layers.

bubblez
06-25-2008, 08:29 AM
its the full version i got :-). yeh i tired the autp update thing..,gives some error.. maybe it will work later.