PDA

View Full Version : A TOADY Tutorial on Color Blocking

calzgal
06-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Betty posted a lovely yellow rose in the critique forum here:
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12633

I think's she doing great, and during discussion about her flowers I posted a very short tut about color blocking as a technique I use (and have used since Mr. Weidemeir back in High School Art Class).
DoodLS asked/suggested for a bit more information and detail.

And so, I humbly offer one way of do'in things. ;)

calzgal
06-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Continued Toady Steps:

calzgal
06-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Continued Toady steps:

calzgal
06-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Continued Toady steps (even though I promised a frog in the other forum conversation)

calzgal
06-23-2008, 01:18 PM
finished toady and final thought.

pai
06-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Hi calzgal,

This is a very nice tutorial. I really learn something from it. Thanks for sharing. :)

ScottF
06-24-2008, 06:52 AM
Very helpful! Thanks calzgal.

MattRage
06-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Great tutorial, and now featured on the front page!

LogicsHere
06-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Great tutorial. While I still have to study it some more, I did learn something I didn't know before and that was how to use the custom color picker.

Front page - "great billing"!!!!!

Betty

LogicsHere
06-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Hi,

On the suggestions board I asked if it were possible to make the user manual more user friendly by developing it more as a "cheatsheet" style. Also, having found the post on Tutorial Central, I see there were many more tutorials that had been posted at one time and lost as the result of changes to different forums.

Is there a way of recreating these for us beginners and even those at mid-level and placing them in the tutorials part of your website? At least that section wouldn't be affected like tutorials posted in the forum and they wouldn't get lost in the myriad of posts under various subjects?

LogicsHere (aka Betty)
1876 Victorian England Revisited
http://logicmgmt.com/1876/splash.htm

Welcome to Betty's Place
http://members.aol.com/bettylogic/index.html

P.S. I would be willing to help in any way that I can. I do have web design experience or even if hand-written material needed to be typed and .pdf'd.

ENCHANTER
06-25-2008, 03:11 AM
good un!:D
learnt something new today

calzgal
06-25-2008, 03:12 AM
Great tutorial, and now featured on the front page!

:D Very cool! Thank you for the vote of confidence Matt.

I'm tickled that everyone's found this helpful in their Raging. :)

DoodLS
06-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Dear Calzgal
Thank you. Thank you! Thank you!! This was just what I was thinking about.
Color Blocking and Shape Defining is such a different approach to a subject than I am used to. Neat trick to just do the color picker with ref. And a neat frog it is! I'll have to study this more. Front page well deserved!
Happy DoodLS

MattRage
06-25-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi,

On the suggestions board I asked if it were possible to make the user manual more user friendly by developing it more as a "cheatsheet" style. Also, having found the post on Tutorial Central, I see there were many more tutorials that had been posted at one time and lost as the result of changes to different forums.

Is there a way of recreating these for us beginners and even those at mid-level and placing them in the tutorials part of your website? At least that section wouldn't be affected like tutorials posted in the forum and they wouldn't get lost in the myriad of posts under various subjects?

I've just stickied the awesome tutorial index thread Hanzz put the effort in to setting up, that should be a good starting point. We're currently looking at forum systems and deciding on what we want to do with them so we'll consider some kind of tutorial system along with that.

bubblez
06-25-2008, 10:43 AM
nice work, but a really ugly frog :P

calzgal
06-25-2008, 01:10 PM
nice work, but a really ugly frog :P
LOL
That is because he's a toad. ;):p

irishrose
07-01-2008, 02:15 AM
Calzgal,

This is awesome! Thank you so much!!!! And yes, toads are supposed to be ugly, they turn into princes when you kiss them, remember?? Beauty and the Beast! ;)

Betty, thanks for the links!

MisTikkal
09-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Calzgal, thanks so much. The one thing that got me past my lack of confidence was exactly what you have said here -
... everything is just a shape
:D
Yep, totally set me free to play.