PDA

View Full Version : All My Equine Drawings!!!

Ray
06-13-2008, 10:30 PM
hi all ,
here i m posting all my equine drawings.....done till now, all mediums
please have look and leave ur comments!!

1. Untamed - ArtRage
2. Gaze - corel painter
3. Equine - Artrage
4. Black beauty -Tradtional Pencil sketch
5. My First Pencil drawing !!!

Bumble
06-13-2008, 10:50 PM
These are beautiful Ray........:D:)

kev2grey
06-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Excellent Horse pictures Ray. You have captured the sense of movement and power very well also love the pencil drawing this is something I do a lot when not doing stuff on the computer:)

Bobbi
06-14-2008, 12:47 AM
Simply...Wow!

Caesar
06-14-2008, 01:53 AM
You got an outstanding painted stud farm indeed!
Some painting show an incredible dynamism.
:eek::)

D Akey
06-14-2008, 01:54 AM
A horseman! Bravo.

Rowena
06-14-2008, 02:35 AM
Hi Ray, have you seen this one painted by Tinzo, its remarkably similar :confused:

shirly
06-14-2008, 03:14 AM
Fantastic works .......I love all of them!!!:D

vincevancough
06-14-2008, 04:50 AM
Oooh, remarkably painted horsies :D

Mairzie Dotes
06-14-2008, 05:02 AM
Ray,
All are exceptionally well done. What a
true talent you are. :)

damasocl
06-14-2008, 05:04 AM
Beautiful and wonderful horses paintings...!!!;););)
Congratulations.
Horses figures: so hard for to drawn well.
But yours are so well done!

Ray
06-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Thank u evry one for great comments and encouragement!!
and Rowena..thts great painting by Tinzo sir,
And it has to be similar , i think we both used the same refrence i guess !!
its based on the photo refrence of arab horse, see here !! Thanks again !!!

ScottF
06-14-2008, 08:58 AM
These are superb! Itīs a joy to look at their beauty and strength.

Rowena
06-14-2008, 09:41 AM
and Rowena..thts great painting by Tinzo sir,
And it has to be similar , i think we both used the same refrence i guess !!
its based on the photo refrence of arab horse, see here !! Thanks again !!!

Wow, thats an eye opener... even the photo ref itself looks hardly different from Tinzo's painting :eek:

Thanks for posting that Ray, and congrats on the good work with your horses :D

Fashmir
06-14-2008, 11:17 AM
No to offend anyone... but an interesting insight into people's working methods. (http://www.fashmir.com/AR_Forum/The-Amazing-Arabian-Horse.gif)

I have scaled each of the three images to the same size based on the position of the horse and have them playing in sequence. My take on the reference image is that although it is based on a photograph it has been manipulated and turned into digital art already by Wojtek Kwiatkowski (http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=1561226) so in that sense I consider it "Painted".

Your horses are beautiful Ray. Keep 'em coming. There is a grace and power in the form of a horse that can be found in no other creature.

Jim Walsh
06-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Flicka gives these Clop, Clop, Clop, Clop ... 4 Stars! Nice work. powerful images.

Nika
06-14-2008, 10:45 PM
Wonderful gallery. All images are great:)

D Akey
06-14-2008, 11:56 PM
No to offend anyone... but an interesting insight into people's working methods. (http://www.fashmir.com/AR_Forum/The-Amazing-Arabian-Horse.gif)

I have scaled each of the three images to the same size based on the position of the horse and have them playing in sequence. My take on the reference image is that although it is based on a photograph it has been manipulated and turned into digital art already by Wojtek Kwiatkowski (http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=1561226) so in that sense I consider it "Painted".

What an amazing find, Fashmir! Just goes to show how great minds think alike. And a hot lick is a hot lick (musically speaking).

I have had that experience where I playing at getting a guitar lick like T-Bone Walker or Eric Clapton. (I'm new enough at it that if I get five notes in a row, I'm calling it a major success. And I won't quit till I get it exactly the same -- leastwise till I can really play).

Back to painting, were I able to do it perfectly right off like Tinzo, I would probably try varying it like Ray. And move on when I got what I wanted out of it.

I have to say I really like the original. But the others are really cool as well.

And who knows, somebody may copy Tinzo's or Ray's.

Really though, thanks for that insight into how a couple of the better painters handle imitation or copying in ArtRage. When using an image to paint over, It must almost paint itself for guys that good. (And I'm guessing that they painted over the original on layers probably. If not, that's fine. My point still holds.)

Really cool. And removes any guilt for everyone else.

Rowena
06-15-2008, 03:13 AM
Gee, this really is very interesting.... thanks for doing that slide show Fashmir! :D

The slide show explained a lot for me! First off I could more easily see what each artist had brought to the image which was different.
I had originally made the naive assumption that the horse was entirely painted from scratch - from the artists imagination, and was not so heavily reliant on the photo ref...

Some would refer to this sort of thing as a 'photo-manipulation' rather than a 'painting'. But from my (amateurish part) I tend to admire a great image in any way it comes.
I have tried (and failed many times :o) to achieve the type of thing done here by both artists, but with no worthwhile end result. The closest I have ever got to it was my newborn babe portrait, which took me far longer to do than painting it in the 'old fashioned' way, and in any case it ended up better that way! :confused:

Therefore I have a good deal of respect for both artists! Its not as easy (to a numpty like me anyway), as it looks.

However, one niggardly thought remains.... what about the photographer who did all the leg work to start with, and who gets no mention, acknowledgment or credit?
Clearly the photographer himself is making art in the first place, so why is it that we feel that by modifying or changing another's work, and then calling it our own its OK?

I dunno (scratches head). Just niggardly questions, none of which are intended to discredit these particular artists both of whom I respect and admire.

I'm mostly interested in how we view this dilemma...

(When I was a student, using somebody else's ideas or writing in an essay was called plagiarism, and was a severely punishable offense. One was allowed to quote another, but never pretend that it was your own work - particularly if you shuffled the words around a little bit)

screenpainter
06-15-2008, 04:00 AM
Ray, wonderful work on the horses. I am so in awe of people that can do horses effectively. These are amazing. Just beautiful. I appreciated the link to the original horse photographer/ photo manipulation artist /artist... that Fashmir posted too... Wojtek Kwiatkowski His work is just stunning!
He calls it a photo. http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=4037334
Great to see all these fine horse paintings. :)

Tinatara
06-15-2008, 04:49 AM
Ive had a go myself at horses but these put mine very much in the shade!

Rain11
06-15-2008, 08:15 AM
The spirit of each horse is shown very beautifully!!! Fantastic job on all of them!:)

Ray
02-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Thanks a lot evryone!!

coops
02-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Wow Ray these are fabulous. There is such power and movement in all of your paintings. Fantastic work.:)

FireFytingNut
02-26-2010, 04:24 AM
absolutely awesome horses!! Love them Ray! Love them all! The 2nd one is my ultimate favorite.

kenmo
02-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Fantastic paintings....!!!!!

Ray
02-26-2010, 07:56 PM
coops.. Thanks a lot !

FireFytingNut glad u liked it!! even mine!! its fav

kenmo Thanks a lot!

Weeks
03-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Stunning....

Best,

Weeks

Ray
03-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks a lot dear!

eighty+
05-18-2010, 03:53 AM
after seeing your horse drawing I remsbered one I done some time ago after day in london it was my 1st attempt at water colour so don't be to critical, sorry! to lazy to remove glass, always had a hankering to draw horse's but up to yet haven't found time, yours are great thanks for showing sorry couldn't get it out I had moved it from picture's to documents I wonder if thats why :confused::confused::confused:

eighty+
05-18-2010, 07:35 PM
hi I think Iv'e got it, whats that old motto about keep trying :D:D:D

WolfNinja
06-25-2010, 07:38 AM
Nice job Ray. There's something about horses that inspire people.

I really like how the features of the anatomy look sculpted.

Mairzie Dotes
06-25-2010, 08:01 AM
hi I think Iv'e got it, whats that old motto about keep trying :D:D:D

eighty+,
What an impressive piece of a majestic horse and uniformed rider. Also
love the way you've framed the painting, lending an unrefined elegance
and it seems obvious to me that ... "By Jove, you HAVE got-gotten it!" :)

mfasy
07-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Beautiful horses.

TheOutsideWorld
10-30-2010, 11:58 PM
if i ever become a good drawer, i want to be as awesome as you :o

Ray
04-28-2014, 07:32 AM
Thank U everyone !!

Selby
06-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Beautiful Ray!