PDA

View Full Version : Out for a Stroll.

jibes
06-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Bev Zajac Larsen has a challenge going to do a painting a day taking no more than 3 hours and here is June 2nd painting. I missed June 1st. but I just couldn't squeeze it in. The took a couple of hrs and just started as blobs. I then proceeded to "Shape" the blobs until it was time to quit. BTW, the kid is suppose to be a little girl but now I see it again I'm not sure.

RobertSWade
06-03-2008, 03:42 PM
This is pretty fascinating: the "kid" reads to me as biblical and I see other biblical references ... like the two paths ... one of which could be seen as a stairway to heaven. The two ladies are also interesting as they seem to be from different modern ages.

DaveRage
06-04-2008, 01:09 PM
I like the warmth to this, I think it has a relaxed feeling about it. Best of luck with the painting challenge!

screenpainter
06-07-2008, 12:01 AM
wonderful stuff Jibes. Great interesting shapes throughout and the figures are splendid. I love their expressions. I think you really have the potential within of being a contemporary Edward Hopper. Your figures and faces are very reminiscent of his style. :)

jibes
06-07-2008, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the replies. All your comments are very interesting and I appreciate it very much.

jibes
03-11-2010, 03:47 PM
wonderful stuff Jibes. Great interesting shapes throughout and the figures are splendid. I love their expressions. I think you really have the potential within of being a contemporary Edward Hopper. Your figures and faces are very reminiscent of his style. :)

Edward Hopper! I been checking out his paintings and I am very impressed by his work. Not a bad aspiration to have! :D:D

coops
03-11-2010, 07:57 PM
This is such a lovely, charming painting Jibes. It could have been painted for a story book. Well done:)

Alexandra
03-12-2010, 02:20 AM
Another winner in my view. Totally love your style!:):):):):):):):):):)

jibes
03-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks Coops and Sandra. I look at this painting and I scratch my head but then again it is different.:)

byroncallas
03-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Jibes, somehow this all comes together wonderfully. The palette and colors are balanced beautifully, the images are fresh and spontaneous. It just works. :)