PDA

View Full Version : One picture, endless versions

Blind
05-14-2008, 12:03 AM
Here`s a photo I took last holidays, it`s a tree in a swamp or something like that. Everyone in this Forum has his own unique style and I think it would be great if everybody would try to paint this picture in his own style or mood^^. Use any tools you want, any paper you want and take a try. It would be really great to have a collection of many versions of one picture, done by many people in thiy thread.

I am happy about every try you take, and of course about every post, too! So just take a try and create your own version of this picture, and most important, have fun! :D

Blind
05-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Here`s my version, almost only metal coours, and not many details, though, my style^^ hope you like it, and I`m looking forward to yours.

Khalid_ipda
05-14-2008, 05:36 AM
Hi, Blind...I try to do this painting with my style ( oil painting ). I hope you like it. :D :D :D

Blind
05-14-2008, 06:57 AM
Wow! It`s great, I love it! great style and unique version of the picture!

screenpainter
05-14-2008, 12:27 PM
wow, beautiful ones. hopefully we can get this thread moved to art projects and get more versions yet. :D

Blind
05-14-2008, 08:54 PM
It is in art projects, isn`t it?

screenpainter
05-14-2008, 09:45 PM
right you are! ha ha. it's magic! :D

RobertSWade
05-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Ok, I'll play. Not working on anything else at the moment anyway. :)

Blind
05-16-2008, 04:47 AM
Another cool one! It looks a bit blurred ( if that`s the right word) but though detailed. I like it! :D

juliediane
05-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Here's mine

Caesar
05-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Another great thread! :D
I wish I had sometime and less WIPs to finish! :(
Congratulation to exhibiting mates so far!

Blind
05-21-2008, 10:32 PM
great one Julidiane! The water and the grass look amazing!

screenpainter
05-22-2008, 06:54 AM
beautiful Robert and Julie.
my impression... maybe night time. :)

Blind
05-22-2008, 09:10 AM
That`s a really great one! I love, how it has it`s own character and looks different from the others but though great! I`m impressed by your use of the purple glitter, that looks great.:)

Blind
05-30-2008, 07:31 AM
Thanks a lot for the compliment irishrose !

irishrose
05-30-2008, 07:34 AM
You're welcome! I really enjoyed seeing all the different interpretations, how cool! Do this one again!

screenpainter
05-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Blind,

Sorry I did not reply sooner. I did not use glitter. I started with a stencil of the pic and then blocked in some color areas in artrage. Took it to PS, used a filter called watercolor to get that effect. I also adjusted the levels to darken it. And I grabbed a couple areas that I copied and pasted to make it look like two ghost like figures along the shoreline. Took it back to artrage to finish painting. Appreciate you liked it though.:)

Blind
05-31-2008, 02:41 AM
Yes, I really like it, but you don'`t have to say sorry, you just did it your way/style.;)

Blind
05-31-2008, 03:01 AM
So, this is the new "to-draw" picture, please give it a try, I`ll do so, too.
If someone want to do the first one, he still can paint it of course.
P.S.: This picture is, as the first one, done by me, it`s in the north of germany near the sea and I took in on holidays, I hope you like it!

Blind
05-31-2008, 06:02 AM
So this is a very ( very, very, very,...) quick version done by me, with almost every tool used.

irishrose
05-31-2008, 07:01 AM
I love it, Blind... that's one awesome picture... I haven't even gotten to use ALL the tools yet,... this is a great ref for them! :) Thumbs UP!:)

RobertSWade
06-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Wow Rose, do I ever like that! Would be good printed as a transparency. :)

irishrose
06-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks Bob... that means a lot!

RobertSWade
06-09-2008, 12:27 PM
I have to disagree. To me this conveys all of the necessary information with a minimum of data. A type of minimalism, I suppose, that's often hard to achieve given the natural tendancy to attempt to re-create reality. In other words ... I like it! :)

Upon further reflection, it reminds me of some of Damasocl's works.

irishrose
06-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks Bob... I guess I'm too critical of my stuff. I see a face at the bottom and don't see much thought put into the composition or how I could have changed it to make it better. I am still trying so hard to learn this digi stuff but feel a pull to go back to a regular pencil and paint. I feel like I can control it better when I am working on real paper. But I'm going to trudge on! ;) Thanks so much again, it does make my day!

RobertSWade
06-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Well, I have a suggestion. Why not start your projects as pencil drawings then scan them and do the embellishments in AR?

irishrose
06-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Thank you, Bob... I will try that next time. That would at least give me some kind of a pattern to work from. This is mostly my problem, not having focus on one part or another of a painting. :) Thanks!

RobertSWade
06-09-2008, 12:40 PM
You're very welcome. It's an idea I've been toying with but haven't tried yet.

irishrose
06-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Actually I wouldn't even have to scan it. I have a program (Painter Essentials) that will create a sketch from a picture and then you can import it. It's easier than doing it by hand if you just want to see how it works. :) Probably Photoshop has that too. Thanks again for the idea. :)

Blind
06-10-2008, 12:58 AM
wow, irishrose, those effects are great, I`m honoured, that you paint my pictures :D great ones!

irishrose
06-10-2008, 01:02 AM
Thank you, Blind. It was a challenge as the shapes weren't really defined and unless I can see blocks of them, I get really frustrated... but Bob had a good idea with working on a sketch first and then scanning and going from there. Will have to put that on hold a bit. this is the last week of school! ;) Thanks for the encouragement and the pics to paint from!

Caesar
06-10-2008, 05:06 AM
Dear Albert and Rose, You made both an incredibly high value interpretation of what Blind proposed to paint! I'm absolutely stunned! :eek::)

irishrose
06-10-2008, 07:43 AM
Why Thank you, dear Caesar, I appreciate your comments very much! ;)

Mairzie Dotes
06-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Blind,
This is my first venture into this thread and I
am impressed with the concept and entries.
Blind, Khalid ipda, gzairborne, Robert, Juliediane
and irishrose, your "Swamp" paintings are truly
imaginative, creative and well done. Time
permitting, I hope to submit my rendition of
"Swamp" if only the green things in my yard would
slow their fast paced growth habits a touch. :)

Great paintings ! :D

Mairzie Dotes
06-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Could not turn off my computer, had the urge to
submit my version of swamp, titled, "My Swamp".
Hope you like it.

irishrose
06-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Mair, I love your swamp!!! Did you use any other program besides AR? It looks so lovely with a few touches of that green next to the purple.. .it gives it that splash of happiness. I'm so Irish, OY!

Mairzie Dotes
06-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi irishrose,
So happy that you like, "My Swamp". It was late, was half asleep
but came down with the "GOTTA PAINT" bug. I enlarged Blind's
origional photo, first ran it through a Corel paint image tool called
"threshold" and engaged the "green channel" which gave the photo
my two favorite shades of blues and purples. I then brought it into
Art Rage and painted similar colors on the swamp growth, water and
trees then decided to try the paint roller tool across much of the
canvas which gave it an interesting cross stitched texture. I liked the
effect and kept it. Hope this helps. :)

P.S. I added the "Irish green" color just for you. LOL! ;)

irishrose
06-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Mair,

Your procedure sounds rather complicated to this simple Irish gal, but I will take your word for it! I have never stayed up until 3:30 am to paint, so maybe the paint bug hasn't bitten me yet! :) but this is a gorgeous painting and I love the touches of green... I feel like it's St. Patrick's Day all over again! :D

irishrose
06-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Oh, and Mair, I went into my Corel Paint program and found Threshold, but golly gee, I cannot find any CHANNEL thingy anywhere. Am I just looking in the wrong place? I have Photoshop Elements 4.0 on the Mac and 5.0 on the PC. Help! I know I DON'T NEED another photo manipulation program..oy!

pai
06-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Thanks, D Akey, GZ and irishrose. :)

screenpainter
06-13-2008, 02:03 AM
Thanks, D Akey, GZ and irishrose. :)

I think maybe this might have been meant to go over with the paint an emotion thread.

You are very welcome Pai.
Great to see you back.
Our hearts are with you friend.

Dany51
06-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Hi blind,
I like the idea to work on a subject gave to us ,it is a good exercise.
I worked the "Swamp" , first with Photo Filter :
resize the image
increase colors
use the crayons filter.
I have to begin with: a sketch in colored crayons .
I used after that Art Rage : Pastel crayon and Cray and the reference.

The result is perhaps a little fade, what do you think?

Mairzie Dotes
06-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Oh, and Mair, I went into my Corel Paint program and found Threshold, but golly gee, I cannot find any CHANNEL thingy anywhere. Am I just looking in the wrong place? I have Photoshop Elements 4.0 on the Mac and 5.0 on the PC. Help! I know I DON'T NEED another photo manipulation program..oy!

OMG, Pop, don't know how I missed this one. :( I am emailing you the
"how to" on how to find, GREEN CHANNEL, under "Threshold" Look for it.:o x/o

Blind
06-19-2008, 12:37 AM
That`s a really great one Dany51 !

Dany51
06-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Thank you , blind, this is another variant of your swamp .

Dany51
06-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Yesterday I tried to do a quick alternative of "swamp".
Here it is.

Dany51
07-08-2008, 11:41 AM
This is a quick paint of dune, the second photo reference,
is not very much.:o

faygo
08-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Wow GZairborne, nice! I like the high contrast, which is shocking because usually I dislike contrast. But when it's used well, I really enjoy it.