PDA

View Full Version : The Prince & Buds

jibes
05-01-2008, 06:15 AM
A little departure here. Did this on Note Paper (while camping) then colorized and tweaked in Art Rage. All just for fun!! :)

ginahobbit
05-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Great work, very Dickensian, love it

Caesar
05-01-2008, 10:07 AM
A change of style although the "hand" is recognisable.
Well done Jibes! :wink:

screenpainter
05-01-2008, 07:38 PM
You are not afraid to tackle the challenges encountered with multiple figures and you are gaining experience in areas some of us are afraid to even get our toes wet with. I love your style. This one does have a Dicken's character feel like Gina said. http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/files/nymphs_137.jpg It's great to see someone tackling the multiple figures. (Well Caesar does too.) And of course the masterful painters like Tinzo. I remember a beauty of a painting done by Rioz on this forum called two nymphs in a tropical forest scene.
I will try to find it. You would love it.

Ha! found it.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/files/nymphs_137.jpg

ENCHANTER
05-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Charles Dickens characters...yes that was my first thought :D
good composition....... :D

jibes
05-02-2008, 01:55 AM
Hi. I've only time for a quick reply here and I thank one and all for your great comments.
Wow! That painting by Rioz of "two nymphs in a tropical forest scene" is trully fantastic! Thanks for the link.

Rain11
05-03-2008, 04:41 AM
Wonderful style! Like this one alot! :D

D Akey
05-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Nice idea -- to color sketches. Keeps the page from warping when you get it wet. I'm an old sketcher myself and went through mechanical difficulties when laying in washes of color a little bit. Loved the effect but it made the drawing horrible from warping.

And I didn't like the formality of expensive paper either. Just casual drawings with materials at hand.

But I do recall how jazzed I was while sketching in coffee houses using my coffee as a sepia wash. What was cool is that depending on the amount of cream I uses it controlled the tint of the brown.

Fun stuff.

Anyway, this is a cool one indeed though I am not sure what it was you were capturing. Just out of your head or is this something you actually saw?

Images like this sort of beg the question since there's a lot going on without something poignant happening.

Keep up the good work!

Get enough of these you could do a slide show set to your music. Maybe even tell a story that way. Music and lyrics plus color and images.

jibes
05-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Anyway, this is a cool one indeed though I am not sure what it was you were capturing. Just out of your head or is this something you actually saw?

D Akey.

Thanks for your comments. I'll have to try the coffee wash idea. :)
This drawing just happened. I drew 4 ovals (Very lightly) with lines coming down from them like balloons on a string and took it from there. I had nothing in mind as usual.
And I rarely discard a drawing either. I stubbornly try to make something of it no matter what! Most of the time, with digital it can be done.

damasocl
05-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Great work, and so original.
Well done!!!

jibes
05-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks Damasocl. I do appreciate your comments.

Lee
05-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Very very nice drawing Jibes,,, really like the fun feeling it sends, maybe you can re-do it in paint,,,,

jibes
02-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Lee, thanks. I should redo and maybe I will. It looks rather crude to me now.