PDA

View Full Version : Food with an ATTITUDE! (an invitation)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Mairzie Dotes
02-14-2010, 03:09 AM
Why thankyou Mairze ! Happy Valentines to you as well;)
Nice one Byron!:D:)
Speaking of Chocolate Cake I found this cake.:D

SCP,
YIKES! (pardon!) ... I mean WOW!!! This sumptuous cake is ... without
a doubt, seemingly indulging on it's own devil's food deliciousness!
What a wild side turn of creative, culinary events. Now I know why they
call this flavor "dark" chocolate! :eek:

What wonderful artists we have here and what fun! Many thank you's for
the amazing, devilishly lip smacking, full of itself cake. I've never seen a
chocolate tongue before and ... and ... and ... for some strange reason
I am all a-tingle with ... with ... (pant!) ... could someone paleeeeeeeze
direct me to the "After Nine" thread? ... but I digress! :D :D :D :D ;) :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-14-2010, 03:24 AM
Dear Miss Mairzie, that is just the sweetest Valentine!!!! and Lord Byron's picture on the top makes it even sweeter, very cute and beautifully done!!!:)

Dear Lee,
A sincere thank you! byroncallas is one of our valued Art Rage talents
and contributors and the acknowledgement was a most enjoyable,
painterly endeavor. :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-14-2010, 03:35 AM
Rosey knows to where she flys,
Who's loving arms is there she lies,
Though Caesar's charms are hard to pass,
The Duke of Byron wins the lass,

The Rose is sweet on Byron's words
He spreads the sugar sweet in hoards,
Who could resist that every day?
And the Roman's very far away,

Would contintents colide, the east and west,
And romance overtakes the loved one's nest,
The war of Rose would stand the course,
And ride away on tandem horse,

Her love-knight winning maid and lands
Forever hearts and forever hands,
Off to the sunset Valentines Pair,
The story's of old and beautious fair.
:):o;):rolleyes::)

Dear Lee,
My goodness ... what a beautiful poem and just in time for Valentine's
day that is devoted to sweethearts, those who we love, admire and
hold dear. Just lovely, Lee! :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-14-2010, 03:51 AM
Dear Caesar and Lee,
Your Saint Valentine historical background information and photo's are
most informative and interesting. More often than not we celebrate
holidays not knowing how they came to be or who might have been
originally glorified for their contributions to the ages. A sincere thank
you! :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-14-2010, 04:29 AM
:D:D:D

Discombobulated during confabulation? Indeed. I remember my first love too. . . <old pang sigh> I was often discombobulated, and occasionally there was confabulation when she was willing. We were so very young you see. And you know what they say: 'Tis better to discombobulate than never. . .if memory serves. . .what were we talking about again?

Ah, the Goths. . .yeah, I remember college. . . the hallowed sororities and fraternities. . .That was back in the day when pinning your steady girlfriend was more of a wrestling move and not a feature of rush week at Omega Gamma Globulin. <sigh young award>

MEDIC?
Is there a medic in the house? QUICK ... no time to loose ... an infusion
of Gamma Calmudownulin is in order for our discombobulating pea ... I
mean six shooter friend and ACK ... the intravenous drip is NOT working
and ... QUICK ... who can preform mouth to mouth revitalization on our
out of wind and merriment "where for art thou" romeo? Do I see a raised
hand? A raised (pardon!) petticoat? A volunteer? Anyone? (crickets chirping!)
Hello? :confused: Hello? :confused: ;) :D :)

SCP
02-14-2010, 09:57 PM
SCP,
YIKES! (pardon!) ... I mean WOW!!! This sumptuous cake is ... without
a doubt, seemingly indulging on it's own devil's food deliciousness!
What a wild side turn of creative, culinary events. Now I know why they
call this flavor "dark" chocolate! :eek:

What wonderful artists we have here and what fun! Many thank you's for
the amazing, devilishly lip smacking, full of itself cake. I've never seen a
chocolate tongue before and ... and ... and ... for some strange reason
I am all a-tingle with ... with ... (pant!) ... could someone paleeeeeeeze
direct me to the "After Nine" thread? ... but I digress! :D :D :D :D ;) :)

LOL :D:D:D:D
Yes this cake thinks it tastes too good;) A Cannible Cake?!... NO WAY!!!:eek::eek::eek:
Ah good fun, glad you enjoyed it.:)

Mairzie Dotes
02-15-2010, 05:48 AM
Dear Caesar,
What an attractive new avatar and could one of the tantalizingly
delicious animated images be an ... eatable chocolate you???
... in keeping for Valentine's Day possibly? ;) :D :D :D :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-15-2010, 06:35 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

There has been a request to give Hanzz's chocolate mud wrestling creation (see page 71)
equal time on Valentine's Day. After all ... we girls like to think that we are also special and
to quote ... I think it may have been Rudolph Valentino (but don't quote me!) who once
amorously whispered in his sweetheart's ear .... "Say it with Flowers!" :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

D Akey
02-15-2010, 06:51 AM
Presenting!!!!!! from the ArtRage community theater production of Spartacus. . .

I think this is where the fallen gladiator in his big moment is begging for "LIFE, pretty please!"

Mair, you really need to open a novelty bakery. . . hahahaha. :D:D:D:D

byroncallas
02-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Presenting!!!!!! from the ArtRage community theater production of Spartacus. . .

I think this is where the fallen gladiator in his big moment is begging for "LIFE, pretty please!"

No DA, this is when Tony Curtis, with his last dying breath, utters "I love you Spartacus." Remember, it's Valentine's Day.

And Hanzz has never looked so delectable. The attire, what there is of it, fits him like a glove, not to mention the fishnet fetish.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dany51
02-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Happy Valentine's Day to you all :):):):):)

Mairzie Dotes
02-15-2010, 11:07 PM

D Akey,
Oh phoo ... I forgot to add the Spartacus warrior hat ... you know the
kind that looks like an inverted pie pan that has been beaten into ornate
submission by a happy go lucky Roman metal artisian.

Your unbounded levity can make even a pathetically wierd decorated
cake appear as if it's something special! What fun you are and it's a
pleasure to know that I was not the ONLY one laughing when I was
putting that DISGUSTING "man cake" together! A girl can surely sink
into some straaaaaange moods once in awhile ... musta been the day
old pizza I ate! Spartacus? Pizza" Get it? Hello? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Happy Valentine's Day to you all :):):):):)

Greetings Dany,
And a Happy Valentine's Day to you also! Best Wishes! :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-15-2010, 11:24 PM
Happy Valentine's Day to you too Dany!!

Dear Irishrose,
Here's wishing you lots of Valentine hearts and flowers on this special
day! x/o

Mairzie Dotes
02-15-2010, 11:51 PM
No DA, this is when Tony Curtis, with his last dying breath, utters "I love you Spartacus." Remember, it's Valentine's Day.

And Hanzz has never looked so delectable. The attire, what there is of it, fits him like a glove, not to mention the fishnet fetish.

byroncallas,
The story behind the "man cake" was an email that I received from a
friend who sent a funny as all get out humorous twist presentation of
the "girlie"calendars that the some of our male species seem to oogle
over.

This calendar featured a posed man, each in different laughably seductive
attire, appropriately semi-dressed for each representative month. The
calendar's intent was to mock the scantily dressed female versions and
the male models who posed for this publication obviously had much fun
participating. I used "Mr. July" for my chocolate "man cake" and to give
you an idea what the rest of the hilarious monthly pages look like .........
below please give a warm hello to .... "Mr. April!" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Caesar
02-16-2010, 07:31 AM
Dear Mair, I think that You definitely wiped out any possible wish to celebrate Valentine's day ....ROFL :D:p

D Akey
02-16-2010, 08:27 AM
. . .

Is that the line that was followed by all the thespians crying out "I'm Sparticus!"
"I'm Sparticus!"
"Oooo. I could be Sparticus."
"No, honey, I'm Sparticus!"
"I could do Sparticus. Watch me."
"I got a Tonie once."
"Big deal. I've done Kirk Douglas in The Bad and The Beautiful for three smashing weekends in off-Catskill. Ergo, I'm Sparticus!"
"My uncle's producing this play, so who's Sparticus? That's right. . .I'm Sparticus, bitch." <snap snap snap>

D Akey
02-16-2010, 10:31 AM

Hello. . . <a la Sherlock Holmes>

Mr. April's such a drag. . .

There's something fishy going on around here. . .

That's such an old wives tail. . .

I saw that child star from Disney's Little Mermaid in the tabloids as I was buying groceries. . .

The Marines have landed. . .(HoooHA!!!)

but I digress. . .

byroncallas
02-16-2010, 03:14 PM
byroncallas,
The story behind the "man cake" was an email that I received from a
friend who sent a funny as all get out humorous twist presentation of
the "girlie"calendars that the some of our male species seem to oogle
over.

This calendar featured a posed man, each in different laughably seductive
attire, appropriately semi-dressed for each representative month. The
calendar's intent was to mock the scantily dressed female versions and
the male models who posed for this publication obviously had much fun
participating. I used "Mr. July" for my chocolate "man cake" and to give
you an idea what the rest of the hilarious monthly pages look like .........
Maire, that's a calendar every gal should have hanging in her boudoir - and likewise all twelve months should have an individual jpeg per month that she can scroll through on her ipod and e-mail back and forth to her gal friends with oogles. Meanwhile, you've finally sent me an example of a career path that I might consider as a male model. I'm glad to see there is a place for me in the fashion world. I was feeling like my options were limited - but now I see there ARE options. :D:D:D:D:D

byroncallas
02-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Is that the line that was followed by all the thespians crying out "I'm Sparticus!"
"I'm Sparticus!"
"I got a Tonie once."
"Big deal. I've done Kirk Douglas in The Bad and The Beautiful for three smashing weekends in off-Catskill. Ergo, I'm Sparticus!"
"My uncle's producing this play, so who's Sparticus? That's right. . .I'm Sparticus, bitch." <snap snap snap>

DA, I think your timing for TC's great (well, laughable, but let's not quibble) death scene was right about there, yes, give or take a few frames. I could never get into the "I'm am Spartacus" mood. I think you've picked up the essentials - not to mention the normal number of people who die for no reason in your average robe and sandal extravaganza to fulfill the plot's cult-of-personality thematic ramblings. But then again, I'm no hero, so maybe I'm ribbing just to cover up my cowardice. All I know is I would probably be more like "Spartacus? No, I can't say as if I've ever met the fellow. Do you have an address?"

In closing, do you think Stanly Kubrick ever wondered "How the heck did I get into this mess?" Meanwhile, send video of your uncle's production.

D Akey
02-16-2010, 04:10 PM
For all the sword and sandals stuff, I thought all the ribbing was a Ramses thing. . . but I digress. Different epoch, er. . . epic. . . whatever. . .

Spartacus (note the corrected spelling) did all right. Heck, it was entertainment. It was entertaining, I thought. Kubric may indeed have wondered how he got involved in that, but it was pretty much Douglas' production.

The movie's a legend, from the great stuff down to the dopey. My understanding is that they used USC students for the cattle call shots during the battle sequences. Why would that be significant? Only in that some are wearing BC tennis shoes and wristwatches. . .gotta love sword and sand dials classics.

:D

byroncallas
02-16-2010, 06:37 PM
For all the sword and sandals stuff, I thought all the ribbing was a Ramses thing. . . but I digress. Different epoch, er. . . epic. . . whatever. . .

Spartacus (note the corrected spelling) did all right. Heck, it was entertainment. It was entertaining, I thought. Kubric may indeed have wondered how he got involved in that, but it was pretty much Douglas' production.

The movie's a legend, from the great stuff down to the dopey. My understanding is that they used USC students for the cattle call shots during the battle sequences. Why would that be significant? Only in that some are wearing BC tennis shoes and wristwatches. . .gotta love sword and sand dials classics.

:D

DA, by all means and by any standard Spartacus was entertaining, from the downright profound to the downright silly. And yes, the t-shoes and watches - a good chuckle. I loved the the whole thing, even as at some points (more so today than way way back when) I find some sequences belly-laugh material. One must remember the times. When was the last time you checked out Samson and Delilah (about 1948 Cecil B. DeMille starring Victor Mature and Hedy Lamarr?). Had your hair cut lately? :):D

D Akey
02-17-2010, 07:37 AM
I own Sampson and Delilah. Heck, I own Spartacus, although I can't seem to find it. Huge video tape collection that is deteriorating. :eek:

I love those old movies for the full range of entertainment. I'm also a bit of a history buff, so when I watch these movies, why I lock myself in my room and if anyone phones, why I beat them back with my trusty jawbone. . . ass that I can be sometimes when riled by cold call sales.

I even love the music of Miklós Rózsa. How that filled the screen is beyond compare. Alas, he lost favor because he became synonymous with the Hollywood epic and they stopped making them.

I once spliced a storyboard I drew into a real time movie format and it was good, plenty of action and all. But when I dropped Miklós Rózsa's music, it became something Cecil B DeMille would have run with. The music is more important even than some of the other components of the movie.

As an asides on Sampson and Delilah, Groucho Marx was asked after seeing a screening of Sampson and Delilah what he thought. He said he thought it would fail. A little in shock, his questioner asked why. And Marx said that no film had a chance where the leading man's chest was bigger than the leading lady's. :D

byroncallas
02-17-2010, 09:22 AM
DA,

A) You may be the only other person I know who remembers Samson and Delilah. Of course, that may mean I simply hang out with a less than worthy band of merry men and gentle ladies.

B) The music, damn right, right on.

C) I remember Groucho's quote. That I remember it is scary, and it's even scarier that you do.

D) It was made the year I was born. The first time I saw it, that I remember, was when I was four years old, at the drive in movie theater. How many movies today would be playing at ANY theater four years later?

E) I recall as a four-year old when Sampson brought the walls tumbling down - I remember wishing I had that power, but also wondering if it hurt when the collapsed building landed on him. It all seemed rather unfair, but what a cool scene.

F) At four years old, I recall quite palpably, that Hedy Lemarr was HOT. I didn't quite get, of course at that age, all the subterranean undertones that composed Sampson's biological blind lust, but I got quite clearly, "Danger, Will Robertson?" Of course, I didn't learn the lesson even after repeated personal failures, none of which would have ever made an epic sword and sandals extravaganza, but then I never really had the right hair.

G) Can you say "Quo Vadis"?

Mairzie Dotes
02-18-2010, 02:05 AM
LOLOL!!! Mair, I don't know whether to laugh or cry... or either, since I have a mouthful of coffee! This is hilarious.... I think it's appropriate though that the males get their turn ;) hehe... so cool. Glad I'm not needing depends anymore.. just a new keyboard now! Ugh.. coffee.

Dear IrishRose,
Ain't he the cutest thing? There must be a reason I am a good swimmer
because those flippers really turn me on. On a score from 1 to 10, this
whale of a great catch tops the scales! Just add a twist of lemon and
I will be floundering for his attention! :D :D :D :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-18-2010, 02:12 AM
Dear Mair, I think that You definitely wiped out any possible wish to celebrate Valentine's day ....ROFL :D:p

Dear Caesar,
Oh dear friend ... you are such a kidder because I just know that
your romantic side considers every day a Valentine's Day! :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-18-2010, 02:50 AM
"I'm Sparticus!"
"I got a Tonie once."

D Akey,
No kidding? You played Sparticus the "Bad"? OMGosh because I once played
Varinia the "Beautiful" but threw you over for loyal Roman General, Crassus
the "Good" because he didn't have to be sent to gladiator school to learn
how to drive a chariot like some rebel, spear welding show off's I know! ;) :D :D :D :)

Mairzie Dotes
02-18-2010, 03:08 AM
Um, Mair... cute?? Well, I have other names for him! lol... whale does come to mind... and I'm really not much of a fish eater.. ask Caesar.. hold the anchovies.. the really LARGE ones with hair and a bra in this case! lol

Dear IrishRose,
Who really knows why we are attracted to certain "fish in the sea" but
a clue may lie in the fact that I am an "Aquarius" and my favorite song
is, "Shrimp Boats Are-a Comin', There's Dancin' Tonight." :D :D :D :D ;)

D Akey
02-18-2010, 09:05 AM
D Akey,
No kidding? You played Sparticus the "Bad"? OMGosh because I once played
Varinia the "Beautiful" but threw you over for loyal Roman General, Crassus
the "Good" because he didn't have to be sent to gladiator school to learn
how to drive a chariot like some rebel, spear welding show off's I know! ;) :D :D :D :)

Madame, then I shall consider myself beautifully overthrown.

As to my playing in the previous scene, no. . . I was merely writing in character for the good ol' boys club, I mean the good young dudes club and ensemble. . . a hypothetical production meeting among some of the actors regarding the traditional thespian 'casting of the egos'.

I believe what you were referring to was the later scheduled spaghetti western "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" -- which got cat scratched out, when everyone exited in a fit of hiss and vinegar, and the producer decided to risk a one man show "The Good, The Bad, and The Beautiful. . . Bitch". I think that's what you were referring to, Ms. Dotes?

Nay, say I. Never have I been a mere actor of the stage and screen. . . I have been a boner fide, card carrying member of the venerable screen extras guild. My credits include playing a highly decorated navy commander in full dress uniform in convalesce when I was only 20 years old.

To illustrate my acting range, the good gentleman in the costume department mistook me for a heroic military prodigy, a young Captain Kirk type, and they awarded me the only uniform (that fit) -- that of deep, middle age rank. I think they were assimilating the military's well known good sense and care in assigning the right persons to the appropriate martial occupation. <ahem>

The assistant director, upon seeing me, instantly turned beet red with happiness no doubt, and in an effort to salvage his career that had just been jeopardized, put my decorated baby face as far away from the camera in the background as possible. And I gave a laudable performance crossing the field of vision, employing a rocking, knees bent sailors' gait. In fact, I was so brilliant we did many takes wherein I was able to unroll my different walks.

Sadly, when they called their final "CUT", the scene kept playing out. And as happens in real life, no additional decorations were awarded, and I was personally 'encouraged' to retire my commission and return to civilian life where I segued into a low responsibility government job. But being put out to pasture at 20 was not for me. Thus I sneaked out the back way to seek fame and fortune elsewhere. . . but I digress.

Pssst. . . You can really ad lib Beautiful

rozalek
03-14-2010, 11:52 PM
here are two pictures from my series of two things in one. i like to eat vegetables and fruit. yummmy:))) greetings to all flora lovers:)

Mairzie Dotes
03-15-2010, 12:30 AM
here are two pictures from my series of two things in one. i like to eat vegetables and fruit. yummmy:))) greetings to all flora lovers:)

rozalek,
What wonderfully creative paintings ... a fresh, crisp carrot that can be
used as a writing instrument or savored in a lovely garden salad and a
delicious pear??? ... or a decorative tea pot that any dining table would
be proud to display. What an inventively joyous mind of an artist you have
and your theme ..."Two things in one" has thought expansive possibilities
for we members that like to paint pretty pictures. Great idea! These
paintings are unique, well painted and thank you for posting these mouth
watering objects de' dual purpose art. :):) <---- (two smileys in one!)

byroncallas
03-15-2010, 05:33 AM

Bioengineering at its best. :):):):)

Mairzie Dotes
03-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Bioengineering at its best. :):):):)

byroncallas,
OMGosh! :eek:
Not certain if THIS entry could be considered "bioengineering" because all
I did was prepare poached eggs, Clementine slices and toast for breakfast
this morning ... turned my back for only a second to pour a cup of tea
and turned back to see my food mysteriously smiling back at me. Now the
confusing question ...

Should I ... a) eat it ... or ... b) make friends with it??? THAT might be
rozalek's "two things in one" question of the day! :confused: :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

byroncallas
03-15-2010, 09:32 PM
I think, Ms. Dotes, perhaps there is a zen approach: First: make friends. Second: eat it. It's akin to the old adage "Love the one you're with" joined with the most ancient biological imperative "if it looks good, eat it." There IS the other biological imperative, but this thread is not posted in the After-Nine section, so, pretend I didn't bring it up. Meanwhile, that is a most scrumptious looking creation. I love the yokes of your eyes. :D:)

rozalek
03-16-2010, 01:12 AM
Mairzie:)) i really like your breakfast set:) we have this commercial in poland for liver pills and there are these two singing plates with food- one happy and one sad. you can imagine that only the happy one takes the pills:)unfortunately i couldnt find this commercial on utube to send you:(
im sure we would need a pill like this after eating my carrot or pear.

shasha
04-10-2010, 04:30 AM
A fun project thank you Mairzie. I love your user name btw :)

MJSparks
04-10-2010, 04:43 AM
What a pretty banana, like a pin up girl. She'd be delicious on top of some ice cream....

aw... now I'm hungry. http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/Leah_Raine/m152.gif

Mairzie Dotes
04-10-2010, 11:32 AM
I think, Ms. Dotes, perhaps there is a zen approach: First: make friends. Second: eat it. It's akin to the old adage "Love the one you're with" joined with the most ancient biological imperative "if it looks good, eat it." There IS the other biological imperative, but this thread is not posted in the After-Nine section, so, pretend I didn't bring it up. Meanwhile, that is a most scrumptious looking creation. I love the yokes of your eyes. :D:)

byroncallas,
You have no idea how interesting "First: make friends, Second: eat it"
can be because I think we may have all met such meat eaters ... pardon,
I mean food items like that from time to time! One must be veeeeery
selective on just who might want to reach out and touch one's produce. :D

Thank you for enjoying "Smiley Side Up" and .... that's no yoke! :)

Mairzie Dotes
04-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Mairzie:)) i really like your breakfast set:) we have this commercial in poland for liver pills and there are these two singing plates with food- one happy and one sad. you can imagine that only the happy one takes the pills:)unfortunately i couldnt find this commercial on utube to send you:(
im sure we would need a pill like this after eating my carrot or pear.

rozalek,
You have just brought back a vague memory of a commercial that used to
advertise "Carter's Little Liver Pills." I wonder if they were referring to the
pills as "little" or ... only those who had little livers should take them? ;)

Even though I do not imbibe in the traditional morning breakfast, I do
enjoy egg dishes most anytime ... lots of protein. A sincere thank you for
stopping by. :)

Mairzie Dotes
04-10-2010, 11:55 AM
A fun project thank you Mairzie. I love your user name btw :)

shasha,
Oh my gosh ... one of my favorite fruits that just so happens to be
wearing my favorite shade of lipstick ... "Banana Pudding!"
So happy to hear that you are enjoying the "Food" thread and thank
you for taking the time to submit such a lovely painting. She's quite
a tasty cutie! :)

Mairzie Dotes
04-10-2010, 12:02 PM
What a pretty banana, like a pin up girl. She'd be delicious on top of some ice cream....

aw... now I'm hungry. http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/Leah_Raine/m152.gif

MagenSparks,
You are also making me hungry for something fruity and cold and I
just so happen to have some chilled banana's in the fridg ... thanks
for reminding me! :)

shasha
04-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Thank you Mairzie and Magen :) I wanted to do more of a chiquita banana but I am not up to the task yet. Again, a really fun project - thanks.

artragist
04-12-2010, 01:02 PM
:p Just a fun one I did a while back. Thought it would be perfect for the theme. I love everyone's funny and beautiful food art. :D

Juz
04-12-2010, 06:14 PM
@rozalek...ingenious, love your carrot pen and pear teapot :):)

@shasha... hehehe your banana has such great attitude... what a saucy thing she is :):)

@artragist, fabulous image, i suspect that potato is crying from an onion lurking at the bottom of the pile. Had a wonderful time lurking on your gallery today, a very creative place to dwell. :):)

shasha
04-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Thanks Jaz :)

Artragist - fun! Pretty eyes - like girly potatoes :)

artragist
04-13-2010, 01:49 AM
Thanks, Ruz :D Thanks Shasha, love that banana 2 :) Such a fun thing to be doing; this site rocks.:cool:

Mairzie Dotes
04-13-2010, 05:16 AM
:p Just a fun one I did a while back. Thought it would be perfect for the theme. I love everyone's funny and beautiful food art. :D

artragist,
The "eyes" have it with this group of spuds. Those eyes in partcular are
wonderfully painted, so expressive they are as they exhibit varied
emotions. Who knew that potatoes (Idaho's I presume?) could be so
deliciously communicative without uttering a word. ... Just love this and
so well painted! :)

Dunii
04-13-2010, 10:51 PM
here's my gangsta bananna

Caesar
04-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Dear Mair, it looks like that since You played here as a banana, You got a long list of follow-on relatives ...:D

Mairzie Dotes
04-15-2010, 07:37 AM
here's my gangsta bananna

Dunii,
THIS break dancing gangsta Zoot fruit is whipping me into a love at first
sight banana frappe frenzie and I'd jis love to be chillin' an hip hoppin' to
some get down rap wit yer delicious, botanical self. :D

Much fun, well painted and many thanks for posting this flashy wit bling
entry. :)

P.S.
Who do yer hair? :eek: ;) :D

Mairzie Dotes
04-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Dear Mair, it looks like that since You played here as a banana, You got a long list of follow-on relatives ...:D

Dear Caesar,
What an amazing memory you have and yes, I did previously post a
banana painting sporting a bow tie. Royally attired and off to the
smash hit play he was to see "Mandarin of the Opera." The lead
actor was the e-luscious "Honeydew Melon" who's part was that of
Christine who's famous lines were ... "But his voice filled my spirit
with a strange, sweet sound. In that night there was music in my
mind. And through music my soul began to soar and I heard as I've
never heard before."
Gosh and and not certain how this just happened but I have just
become serious :o while attempting to add a humorous fruity twist
to "Phantom" and recalled one of my favorite songs from the well
known musical titled ... "Music of the Night." Just love this song
and thought I'd post the below link in case anyone might care to
listen. This song whips my heart into a romantically transformed
sorbet meaning ... I get chills everytime I hear it. :)

--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTDdbuhqELM&feature=related

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

artragist
04-17-2010, 03:57 AM
Love that most recently posted gangsta banana, and thank you for your comments, M!
So flattered by your lking of the spuds(and spudettes). :)

spleenderts
06-08-2010, 09:02 AM
No point to this really, I just thought I's draw an apple.:p

Chibi J
06-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Spleenderts seen some of your other cartoons on other threads you have a really lovely style. They made me giggle from the excellent expressions on the faces. I really look forward to seeing more of what you can do.

spleenderts
06-09-2010, 08:54 AM
It's a baked bean being chased by a spoon!:D

Chibi J
06-09-2010, 10:15 AM
love it you have a lovely crisp clean style and a sense of humour :D

spleenderts
06-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Thanks Chibi J :)

Mairzie Dotes
06-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Love that most recently posted gangsta banana, and thank you for your comments, M!
So flattered by your lking of the spuds(and spudettes). :)

artragist,
In complete agreement, we do have displayed here in our Art Rageous
produce section the best "attitudinal" banana's, tator's and creatively
harvested art ever tilled up don't we ... but even though the thought
may have crossed my mind when the dinner bell rings ... these mouth
watering food offerings are waaaay to visually yummy to eat. (Darn it!) :D :)

Mairzie Dotes
06-11-2010, 01:37 PM
No point to this really, I just thought I's draw an apple.:p

spleenderts,
What? No point? No point you say? No point in posting a bright eyed,
happy faced, blushingly ripe red Apple for our smiley viewing pleasure?
Ohhhhh please perish the thought because as Apples go ... this fresh
cutie meets with unanimous, admiring approval. Just love your painting
style and many thanks for submitting this most tempting (As Eve might
lament!) work of art. :)

Mairzie Dotes
06-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Spleenderts seen some of your other cartoons on other threads you have a really lovely style. They made me giggle from the excellent expressions on the faces. I really look forward to seeing more of what you can do.

Chibi J,
And may I add a triple ditto to your above positive response! :) :) :)

Mairzie Dotes
06-11-2010, 04:38 PM
It's a baked bean being chased by a spoon!:D

spleenderts,
OMG!!! It appears as if this plump little legume is being chased with the
thought of being spooned and scooped with the possibly of being (Gasp!)
CONSUMED??? :eek: OH RUN TASTY POD RUN!!! :D

Great cartoon with humorous story line cliff hanger implications. Here's
hoping that Mr. Spoon and Mr. Bean will settle their culinary differences
soon. I only assume "Mr." because they aren't wearing make up! ;) :)

MJSparks
06-12-2010, 08:32 AM
That bean is quite delightful picture, very simple and yet exspressive.

This whole thread makes me hungry... :(

eighty+
07-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Hi mairzie did u miss the face in split personality :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

Mairzie Dotes
07-04-2010, 03:51 AM
Hi mairzie did u miss the face in split personality :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

eighty+,
Gee whiz, did I miss something? Would you be kind enough to point me
in the "split personality" direction because the only thing I can think of
in the way of "split" is of the banana variety, a most delicious confection
with all the flavorful trimmings. :)

spleenderts
08-06-2010, 11:02 AM
I made these ages ago from Fimo but I thought I'd post them anyway :D
It's a broccoli and a carrot :)

Mairzie Dotes
08-06-2010, 01:36 PM
I made these ages ago from Fimo but I thought I'd post them anyway :D
It's a broccoli and a carrot :)

Hi spleenderts,
These vegi personalities are much too lovable to eat. Would rather
adopt them as poofy couch pillows to keep me company while I am
watching a good, late night movie. Just love those expressions and
did you create and design their adorable little selves by hand?

Am not familar with "Fimo" and could the creative process be similar
to how a "Claymation" character is made?

Thank you for stopping by with a visit from your fresh picked, garden
buddies. What delightful cuties they are. :)

spleenderts
08-11-2010, 06:12 AM
Hi Mairzie, yes I did create them by hand, as well as a chilli, a banana, an ice cream, a pizza, a hot dog (with a mohican), a birthday cake, siamese cherries, a fried egg, four peas in a peapod, a bumblebee, a burger with optional fillings and a raspberry.
I'm sorry but I've never heard of 'Claymation' so I can't compare it to 'Fimo'.
'Fimo' is a sort of clay that can be kneaded and moulded into different shapes and comes in a variety of colours. It needs to be put in the oven to harden so it's not reusable.

Anyway, this is Peter the peanut :D

Mairzie Dotes
08-12-2010, 10:02 AM
spleenderts,
I just LOVE peanuts wether they be enjoyed alone or in a yummy
chocolate confection and this studious peanut has just become my
new favorite delight. He is so adorable bedecked in no nonsense
glasses and attire, a book (pardon!) "worm" I would presume. ;)
Excellent artistry and thank you for posting this cute, crunchy
snack :eek: ... er ... I mean character. :)

Jeffmeister
08-12-2010, 03:23 PM
One Bad apple,Gotta Love Art Rage!!

Mairzie Dotes
08-12-2010, 08:13 PM
One Bad apple,Gotta Love Art Rage!!

Jeffmeister,
Let's seen now ... a few sing songy apple ditty's are coming to me like
... Apple Peaches Pumpkin pie or how about ... One bad apple spoils the
whole bunch ... (Won't mention that Adam and Eve, ol' snake yarn. The
real story is ... it had nothing to do with an Apple. They were tossed out
of Eden because they kept running around BUCK NAKED. It was really
embarrasing!) and ...
then there is ... An apple a day keeps the, keeps the .... OMG! Why is
Mr. "One Bad Apple" looking at me that way? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Seriously, great painting, love those expressively ornery eyes. Fantastic
character with one heck of a juicy "attitude!" :)

spleenderts
08-16-2010, 02:12 AM
This is a chilli created by my sister :)

Mairzie Dotes
08-16-2010, 06:29 AM
spleenderts,
Oh my gosh and just in time for lunch even though I don't eat breakfast.
Could this be a savory snack then? A precursor to a "normal" meal? A
most palatable appetizer? :eek: On second thought who would want to eat
this adorable hot tamale, a most delightful personality he is and if I could
go out on a pepper plant limb, bet red is his favorite color. :)

Jasminek
08-18-2010, 01:58 AM
Hello,

I would like to join other wonderful painters on the subject “Food with an Attitude”.:D

This fruit in my painting is called durian, very expensive, very famous for the people who like them in SE Asia.

Some people describe durian fruit as having a succulent, creamy filling but smelling like some rotten cheese. It is considered to be King of the Asian Fruit. It is of the size of a football or larger with thorny hard skin. Inside is packed with yellowish custard like fruit. It does taste like sweet custard also (that is if you get over the smell, and know how to cut this fruit without dripping your own blood.) During harvest time, prices never drop to dirt-cheap levels, as they do for pineapples and bananas.
Well, durians have a strong smell, and ones must like or dislike them right away, no middle way on this fruit.:eek:
Most public places such as airports, shopping malls, hotels ban this fruit.

For me, there is an international grocery in VA who sells it for $1.99/lbs, skin and all. So a durian of the size of a football costs about $10.00, not bad for a person in USA who likes it. I have to store this fruit in a separate fridge for the smell can invade anything like milk, etc. and Hubby will suffer.:(

This is my first painting on this fruit. Not so happy with the monkey either. By the way, monkeys loved this fruit; they do have a very difficult time cracking it open though. A documentary showed how the monkeys in Indonesia cracked them open by throwing the fruit against sharp rocks. The same documentary also showed how elephants wrapped their trunks around the fruit and beat them against trees.

An Indonesian told me that in the older days, the young girls were taught to inquire the young men who they consider marrying, whether they like durians or not. If not, try not to marry because a lot of Indonesian consider the durian smell like an unclean, private part of a female. :eek:

Any commenst and advice is always welcome.:)

Jasminek
08-19-2010, 06:58 AM
Ops, no one is here!!!:confused:

Mairzie Dotes
08-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Jasminek,
What an interesting story about the Durian fruit. Thanks for posting it
though don't think even monkey's would care to eat the stinky stuff.
Watched a previous "Andrew Zimmern" food channel segment on the
putrid plant and even though A.Z. can eat most anything, the below
site tells a much different story. :eek:

Mr. Zimmern thinks the Durian smells/tastes like rotten onions and I
think those pretty heels in your painting are really being worn by a guy
as a disguise so's no one will know it's really him that is emitting. :eek: :D :)

---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75vm9ik5pjo

Jasminek
08-21-2010, 12:00 AM
Mairzie, thanks for the comment. This fruit is one of theose things that either one likes it or hates it. All dogs I know love them!:D

Hmm, that reminds me of a gibbon (a type 0f monkey) we used to have as a pet when I was little, he loved the durian, we just thought he had expensive taste!:rolleyes:

Happy painting.

D Akey
02-09-2012, 11:59 AM
This thread cannot vanish. How many hits had this had?????? :eek:

Mairzie Dotes, this whole thing was inspired. Look what havoc you've wrought with the taste buds! Everybody can relate to food o' tude. . .

screenpainter
02-09-2012, 04:41 PM
I think Dave said all art projects would stay, but good to make sure to save this classic. :) more vegatables!!!

D Akey
02-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Doesn't hurt to see them again in case people never heard of these threads and now seeing them may want to participate. But who knows. I feel better about them being at the head of the line than the end.

SCP
03-15-2012, 12:07 PM
A wonderful thread with a great topic,I thought I could add this guy.

Caesar
03-16-2012, 01:31 AM
This is terrificly good, dear SCP!:eek::cool::):):):):)
Incredible reflections, a really horrid character and a perfect zombie expressivity! Who's the food? The observer most likely! :eek:

SCP
03-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Hahaha very funny Caesar!:D:D He is actually "a Spud gone Bad" he is spewing that toxic mess.The vegetable is a Potato ,we call them Spuds downunder.:pGlad you like it.;):)

D Akey
02-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Bumping up a classic thread that should not be forgotten.

Love you, Mairzie.

Caesar
02-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Well done, dear DAkey!
A well deserved tribute to Mairzie's great idea which was one of the most fun playground ever for all the ancient visitors and participants to this Forum and possibly a funny surprise for the ones coming later on.
As a Roman citizen I cannot but appreciate when archaelogical remains are digged out and resumed, also to study and enjoy Artrage phenomen's genesis!:o;):cool:

Caesar
02-03-2016, 11:16 PM
Diet at risk! Diet at risk! She's going to drown in this threatening whirlpool! :eek::eek::( Pls look for Pamela Anderson to rescue her!!!!:eek::o;)
Piewatch wanted!

Just a quickie mousie sketch to revive the reputation of this thread ....

I join. Love You Mair!

D Akey
02-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Diet health tip to men:

Caesar
02-10-2016, 12:03 AM
Diet health tip to men:

LOL:o what a hoot You are! How better could we ever simultaneously say farewell and stay with us to Mair, dear DAkey, but by reviving this brilliant thread by her, an endless source of laughters and fun? I reviewed it all and had so much good time! Thank You again!