PDA

View Full Version : moused

cym
04-02-2006, 03:05 AM
Here are a few of my mouse paintings, done with version 1

AndyRage
04-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Oh wow, those are gorgeous!
You did those with a mouse? In version 1? That's phenomenal!

Thanks very much for posting - I look forward to seeing more of your work.

AndyRage.

Aged P
04-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Hi,

I recognise the technique and have the giant seethrough palette, stiff paints etc in the garage now.

I think that Artrage1 and the palette knife did this style better than the new version. But doing it at all with a Mouse is really an achievement.

When Andy and the guys have had time to respond to all the nagging and come up with dry "dry" brush, a Fan brush and a better Palette knife then I will dive back into these landscapes.

Well done. Great paintings.

redDon
04-02-2006, 11:08 PM
A very agile mouse! What diet do you feed it? I find that I have to adjust my mouse speed to get the best out of it. The mouse speed is set to almost the lowest value so that the strokes I make on screen take up more distance on the mouse mat. This give me more control. Do you do the same?

The technique is indeed recognisable. Was that really his hair?

AndyRage
04-03-2006, 12:06 AM
The technique is indeed recognisable. Was that really his hair?

I asked the same question. ;)

cym
04-03-2006, 03:27 AM
happy little trees, happy little bushes...the first painting is indeed direct from the wild haired ones book.
The technique worked, so I used it. I appreciate all the comments. I never thought about setting the mouse to a different speed, but I think I will give it a try. I have a rollerball, so its really one finger painting. I try not to feed it much, but it seems to consume cigarette ashes now and then. :wink:

Aged P
04-03-2006, 03:50 AM
Hi little Critters,

The bad news is that BR only seems ahievable with an upmarket graphics pen. I, being of a great age and not really caring about debt anymore, have just stepped up to an Intuos3.

You can then control the mad palette knife enough to carve out a mountain. Then you need another layer for the snow, and one for the little misty areas.

Also, always do your signature in Red like Bob did, it stands out at the front of the painting and adds another layer.

Think of the Intuos3 as your friend, everybody needs one!

Oh shoot! You should see what the squirrel has just done in my shirt pocket!

The tree and little bushes and grassy things really need some new brushes. That's why they don't have little leaves and firecrackers!

The hair was part of his trademark, it's on all the products.
I'm not sure it was genuine in his later days.
Another reason to go buy an Intuos3 while you're still around!

cym
04-03-2006, 01:41 PM
No $ here for a graphics pen, but trust me, you can do BR with version 1 and a mouse. :wink: My trick is to use "liquid white", a thick layer of white paint on the entire canvas first.
I never painted in "real life" so I still forget about signing the darn things.
Anyhow, nice tribute...I shouldn't have neglected my inspiration in my opening post. I'm still so excited about this forun in general!

felfish
04-03-2006, 08:48 PM
i'm really into the pastel pool image. nice!

Aged P
04-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Hi Cym,

If you import a plain white picture as a painting, it becomes a sort of "liquid white" covered canvas. Similarly black.

Try it, but there is a problem.

The layer of wet paint that is generated would not pass "the fingerprint test ". It is an incredibly thick layer. It may be unavoidable, but I have mentioned this to The Family Rage a number of times and am confident that they will come up with a solution.

AndyRage
04-03-2006, 09:48 PM
On a still night, when the wind drops, if you pause and listen closely... way off in the distance you can hear the sound of an Andy crying.
;)

cym
04-04-2006, 12:16 AM
felfish,
thanks!
Aged P
Great tip, thank you.

I do sort of enjoy doing it all in ArtRage. I have worked with PSP for years and can do all kinds fantastic computer stuff with it. However ArtRage in its wonderful glorious simplicity has helped me find true joy in art. So dry your tears Andy, there is nothing lacking for me.

waheednasir
04-04-2006, 09:16 AM
hi cym, these are really nice. each has its own mood and charm. nice palette in all of them...:).

cym
04-06-2006, 04:14 AM
waheed, Thank you, its a great compliment coming from you.

This one was done for an art contest at the LOTR Plaza Art & Fan Fiction Forum. My version of Weathertop. Again, moused in version 1.

AndyRage
04-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Gorgeous, Cym. The lighting is really nice. It definitely captures the feel of the scene.

AndyRage.

DaveRage
04-06-2006, 01:06 PM
You mouse users are scaring me. I can barely get anything recogniseable with a mouse! :)

Fashmir
04-06-2006, 02:44 PM
cym- I like weathertop especially. Nice atmpsphere.

cym
04-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Thanks so much for the comments. They are encouraging. I keep wondering what I could do if I ever had painting lessons, money, and time as I sit at my work desk punching numbers into the computer for an ungrateful company. *sigh*

cym
04-07-2006, 11:50 PM
one of my first artrage paintings

AndyRage
04-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Wow - that tree is magnificent.

AndyRage.

Fashmir
04-08-2006, 04:02 AM
The tree is beautiful. I love green against dark backgrounds and the blossoms are graceful.

cym
04-10-2006, 04:24 AM
Once again...many thanks.
Here's another moused painting. I was pleased with the "old" feeling this seemed to have.

sbug51
04-10-2006, 07:44 AM
yes it is something that you should be pleased for :D

Fashmir
04-10-2006, 08:42 AM
I like the old feeling too. You have used the texture to good effect on those distressed edges.

AndyRage
04-10-2006, 10:01 AM
Beautiful. Simply beautiful.
Yes, it definitely implies an old something.

AndyRage.

cym
04-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Many thanks for the kind words & comments.

Last nights moused...imagined flowers.

AndyRage
04-11-2006, 09:18 AM
That 'depth of field' effect you've got with the blurred background is very cool - it makes you focus on the flowers.

AndyRage.

dmdave60
04-14-2006, 06:31 PM
these are GREAT, u put me to shame for posting mine
Dave

Echo
04-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Same here :oops:

drzeller
04-15-2006, 03:49 AM
Dave

No one is ever put to shame on these forums! We each are at different stages of artistic development (and have different intrinsic artistic skills!).

I like the fact that folks from greatly varying skills post here - and get encouragement and accolades.

D.

Harmony
04-15-2006, 04:22 AM
dmdave60 wrote:
Dave

drzeller wrote: No one is ever put to shame on these forums! We each are at different stages of artistic development (and have different intrinsic artistic skills!)

I agree with drzeller, dmdave60 you need to loose that thought. I look forward to your next piece. :)

Harmony

cym
04-15-2006, 08:14 AM
thanks everyone!
And I have to agree with drzeller too...although I know you intended it to be a compliment dmdave and echo.

This is something I've been fiddling with more than usual, it's not finished yet and I'm waiting for more inspiration as I think it needs something, I haven't been able to figure out what it is yet.

ninja-usagi
04-15-2006, 08:20 AM
nice trees. reminds me of the ones you can buy for model railways etc (by that i mean very detailed)

Fashmir
04-15-2006, 09:38 AM
cym- This is nice. I love the trees. It makes me wish to explore that far bank. One suggestion for what might be added: how about some sillouette foreground elements. You could put in some evergreen branches hanging down from the upper corner areas and perhaps some shoreline occluding the near side of the river, with just the lightest hints of illumination. Thanks for posting. :)

bleepnik
04-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Omg, cym, this is gorgeous! I don't know what you can add to it, but thanks for sharing it with us.

- Gita

AndyRage
04-15-2006, 11:38 AM
Yep, those trees are lovely.
If you feel you need something 'extra' for the picture - something to frame the scene. Maybe something in the foreground, but not attention-drawing, to the left and/or right of the scene.

This picture looks like some scenery I'd expect to find in Queenstown, South Island, New Zealand. Very restful.

AndyRage.

Echo
04-15-2006, 09:25 PM
The picture is great. I love the trees.
I had a hard look to think what could be added..and i thought ..pebbles along the shore and a rock or two in the stream? because i see u have the waterfall with rocks at the bottom..and they seem a little... lonely? :oops:

dmdave60
04-16-2006, 08:17 AM
:D Great talen you have , and with a mouse, please keep up the good work and postings
Dave

cym
04-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I think I will try them all and see what happens. I had started this intending to make a tutorial on how I make "foilage", and it just went in a different direction. There is something wrong with the water, its too blue and I need to change that.
Just in case anyone is interested the foilage is just the crayon tool, set at a very low pressure, and use of the negative space gives the appearance of trees & bushes. I don't use a drawing motion, I just dot the stuff in.

ENCHANTER
04-16-2006, 11:11 PM
my favourit4e are the 'small water fall' , which i think is brilliant...and the flowers.......and you done these with a mouse???...hats off to you .....

Harmony
04-17-2006, 05:31 PM
cym

I have been noticing the wonderful variety of trees in your paintings. The leaves in some must have taken you a long time. I admire every one, and thankyou for sharing how you painted them. It does helps me :)

Harmony

cym
05-01-2006, 11:43 PM
Thanks once again for the comments. This forum is so great. Believe it or not my trackball mouse gave out on me. The only thing I have on hand is an old mouse without a scroll button, I don't even have a mouse pad. So there will be no new art from me until I can fix things.
Thought I would show a couple of my early ArtRage paintings just for grins.

AndyRage
05-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Ooo, Jungle-eyes is very striking.

Aged P
05-02-2006, 12:38 AM
Go with Fashmir's suggestions. I was going to say much the same.

Beautiful work.

ENCHANTER
05-02-2006, 04:46 AM
i like the camouflaged animal one :)

sbug51
05-02-2006, 05:11 AM
Ooo, Jungle-eyes is very striking.

instant favorite!

Harmony
05-02-2006, 05:44 AM
cym
Jungle eyes has that after the heavy rain kind of misty look and the ceatures start to emerge. Nice one. The archway of vines and trees is my favourite of the two, it evokes a decision to go or stay.

cym
05-02-2006, 11:22 PM
awww, thanks. It makes me laugh to see jungle eyes now, I scraped most of the paint off! I had an older computer and a very old monitor, made it hard to see what I was doing.
Here is my final result in the island waterfall picture. I still didn't like the blue water, but fought with the knife in version 2 till I couldn't stand anymore. Thanks again for the idea. I believe Aged P will be posting his twist on the painting here too, with my blessing.

Aged P
05-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Hi Cwm, modified pic as agreed with you first.

Nothing too technical, I added a layer and sprayed the water green.

cym
05-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Aged, bingo! Yes, that looks so much better and makes sense. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I swear sometimes my head is stuck in that stereotypes mode, a sky is blue, water is blue, a tree trunk is brown, grass is green.

cym
05-05-2006, 10:09 PM
I am off for a long weekend of R & R at a lodge on the shores of Lake Huron. I will keep my eyes and mind open for artful inspiration.
Here is one of my personal favorites, moused with version 1. Its a little abstract, and I'm always hesitant to show my abstract stuff, but here goes.

drzeller
05-06-2006, 12:51 AM
Aged P -- I really like the updated version. The water shows the brown/green murkiness that you might see along any riverside or even lakes.

D.

bleepnik
05-06-2006, 10:37 AM
cym, your hesitation proves groundless. Your abstract is as lovely as all your other paintings.

- Gita

Selby
05-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Hi Cym

Love your abstract relaxj.
I see the tree as standing next to a lake that has a refection of the sky in it, with the moon, and loverly lights ..maybe firecrackers that are miles off or an Aurora ...makes me feel great.. just want to curl up under the tree with my blankie and watch the colours in the lake

Selby

cym
05-15-2006, 06:03 AM
Aww, thanks everyone, your comments do wonders for my soul.
Lately I've got nothing much worth showing, I'm trying so hard to work on new techniques and move beyond my self imposed limits. This morning I was right back to my old tricks though, although this was done in blacks and grays, I transformed it in PSP.

Aged P
05-15-2006, 06:20 AM
Hi Cwm,

Excellent, that one has made it to the front of the fridge!

I love monochromes, what a range of painting you do!

(It is now next to the Maxfield Parrish, an artist I had never heard of, before your other posting!)

ENCHANTER
05-15-2006, 09:21 AM
that is a greattt mountain/canyon picture.....otherworldly but still recognisable!

:)

Fashmir
05-15-2006, 10:24 AM
cym- I haven't checked in on this thread in a while and here you have posted a bunch of cool pics. I love jungle eyes and relaxj. Your finish on the waterfall scene is nice too. It has inspired an image in my mind. Perhaps I'll paint and post some time. Have a good time at the shore. I hope you find inspiration and rejuvination.

cym
05-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Aged, I am honored to be on your on fridge! As for range...I dunno, I feel like I paint the same old stuff over and over with a variation here and there. I am glad you checked out Maxfield Parrish, I love his style.
Enchanter, thanks for taking time to comment. It does look rather other-worldly.
Fashmir, always good to see you here. I wish I could paint what I saw on my weekend away, the view from the cabin had such composition! Tall birch trees and poplars going down a hill to meet dark green pines and the blue lake beyond. I'm afraid its beyond me to paint it. But I did relax and enjoy every second. I hope you do paint the image inspired by my "mousing". I'll be waiting for it!
This is what I did today after work. It started out as something in the clouds, and ended up snowfilled. Oh well, wherever the muse leads...

ENCHANTER
05-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Oh I like that,
somethign magical about that centre tree!
the snow is giving way to it!

bleepnik
05-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Now that is one lovely winter wonderland. Your trees and foliage are always so amazing, cym.

- Gita

cym
05-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Many thanks Enchanter and G! I kind of liked what happened in the snow picture, even though trees don't usually have any leaves on them in the middle of winter!
Here are some random paintings and experiments to brighten up this thread.

Aged P
05-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Hi Cwm,

The lake break seems to have done you good.

I love all of these, literally fantastic.

The pink waterfall is my favourite.

Selby
05-18-2006, 12:31 AM
They're all very loverly Cym but I love the blue sunrise the most
I imagine the trees are covered in pretty lacey frost that i can hear crackling as the first rays of sun warm it :)

It feels as cold as it seems here of a morning latley ...though really its nowhere near cold enough for frost

bleepnik
05-18-2006, 01:38 AM
cym, you seem to outdo yourself with every new painting. sunrisebluej and cavern are just stunning. I see your work and think how patient you must be to do what you do with a trackball, but then I think I recall you saying that you like to finish your pieces in a single sitting, so I have to modify my original thought to wow, how adept you must be with the trackball to achieve such results so quickly! Please do continue sharing your experiments with us. :)

.g

Fashmir
05-18-2006, 05:15 AM
cym- I am instantly in love with cavern. It is right out of my childhood dreams of adventure. You are a great inspiration. I have been collecting various AR images into a gallery on my home system which then becomes a slide show when my system goes into screen saver mode. I always get a warm feeling when one of yours floats by. :)

Weeks
05-18-2006, 05:54 AM
Cym, all done with the mouse ?

Waou... If i wanted i couldn't...

Bravo... and keep posting that way.

Weeks

ENCHANTER
05-18-2006, 06:46 AM
theyre all lovely ,

my favourite has to be the waterfall in the cavern!
thats amazing, i think you got that just right

cym
05-22-2006, 02:23 AM
Wow, thanks for the response and all the comments. After a week of boring work its so refreshing to enter these forums, see everyones great artwork and then be blessed with such encouraging words!
I found out my Mothers Day gift was to be a PC tablet, but due to the fact my daughter's stepson is graduating in June and my son-in-law wishes to reward him well, the tablet gift was put on hold. Oh well, the thought was almost as good as the gift would have been. Until such a time, I am still mousing!
Todays quick work.

cym
05-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Sweedie, I enjoyed your comment very much. I haven't seen what you were fortunate enough to see, but there have been a few times I've seen the trees after an ice storm and they are full of diamonds.
I have always had troubles trying to draw or paint from real life or a photo. I don't see what I should be seeing, perhaps its lack of formal training, I dunno. So some things I paint are just whatever the paint starts to look like to me. I rarely have a starting idea. I surprise myself when something actually turns out pleasing to the eye in some way.

AndyRage
05-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Oh I *love* cavern! Fantastic stuff!

cym
05-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Thanks Andy!

I've been trying to get my daughter to join the forum but she is busy with finishing up her thesis and her LOTR activities. (yes, we are both LOTR fans). I love her painting style and am amazed by what she does with just the mouse. Here are 2 of her paintings.

AndyRage
05-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Wow, those are both phenomenal!

bleepnik
05-24-2006, 01:46 AM
My my my, it seems I have overcome genetics as I suddenly have green eyes. =]

Well! *sniff* Creative brilliance obviously runs in the family. My dearest friend just finished up her dissertation, so I can imagine that your daughter is just a wee bit short on time these days. Still, do have her join us when she's done; she can be warmly congratulated by a bunch of strangers. =]

Really nice pieces, both of them, especially balletrope.

On another note, cym, you don't by chance have (much) larger versions of "sunrisebluej" and "cavern," do you? I can't help but gaze at them for ages every time I visit the forums, and was hoping to save them to my private gallery.

- Gita

Aged P
05-24-2006, 04:43 AM
Hi Cwm,
For me, it's the Cove.

It's all great ,but the uncovered tree root clinging to life on the cliff edge is excellent. The lack of detail in people at that distance is excellent too. I still tend to put the eyelets in their shoes and ruin it!

This post has a different ending to the one I originally wrote.
My daughter just sent 5 Artrage pics to me! Never tried to paint before, she's hooked! The fact that it's midnight and she's working tomorrow may slow down the flow.

cym
05-24-2006, 12:39 PM
I told my daughter about the comments, she has a hard time believing she is "artistic". I keep telling her she has more going on then I do.
Sorry G, I didn't save them any larger. I am so used to cropping and resizing to fit certain forums that I don't even think to leave one copy in its original size. I don't even save the artrage files, I have a very small computer.
Aged, my daughter painted that one for her Father, it is a real place they used to spend time at, looking for water smoothed glass among the rocks.
I hope your daughter will let you post some of her works. Its exciting to see what happens when you let someone know about ArtRage.

Well, tonight I wanted to paint a sky, had no idea what would go with it. I actually saved 2 screen shots of the beginning to share too. Anyway, I ended up with mountains.

Fashmir
05-24-2006, 03:57 PM
It is nice to see the AR addiction spreading through families. My daughter (14 yrs. and a bit shy) is hooked too. I'm planning to paint something over one of her experimental backgrounds and post it to get her started posting. It's a bit hard to get her to socialize. I'm hoping she'll learn to enjoy the forum.

Aged P
05-25-2006, 01:49 AM
Insomniac picture from newly hooked daughter!

Arrived at 00.30.

First attempt with ArtRage.

bleepnik
05-25-2006, 04:00 AM
Aged P, those are some brilliant colours!

Fashmir, it would be great to have your daughter join us.

cym, had I started with those paint splotches and taken the palette knife to them, I would have ended up with... smeared paint splotches. How you ended up with those amazing floofy storm clouds is beyond me, but wow. And the mountains look wonderful, almost like they, too, can just barely withstand the force of the winds.

On another note, not being able to keep the original size and original file format of your work because of hardware limitations is unacceptable! You've got friends who can help you out with that, y'know. Your ISP, no doubt, provides a limited amount of free "web space" which can be used for file storage. Once you run out of that, there are looooads of free web hosts (tripod, geocities, angelfire, etc.), all of whom will allocate a certain amount of storage space to you. If you don't like the idea of having your files all over the place like that, PM me and we'll figure something out. I could set you up with some server space; when it's full, I could burn a disc and post it to you. Simple. =]

- Gita

ENCHANTER
05-25-2006, 06:19 AM
cym

I love the contrast between teh gey stormy clouds and the purple mountains :)

AgedP, i really like those swirls....... :)

Aged P
05-25-2006, 07:14 AM
Hi Cwm,

I posted before but it's vanished.

The mountain picture is great but....

But???????????????

But I also love Majesty 2, How about ranges of similar soft mountains, a la Bob Ross, coming towards the front. Each one slightly darker .

The Clouds are mind and heart clouds, the best type. I love the windswept look.

cym
05-25-2006, 10:27 PM
As always, thanks for the comments.
Fashmir, it would be great to see your daughters art. My kid was a little irked with me for displaying her works, but quickly got over it.
Aged, ohhh, I love the bubbles, this kind of thing I do over and over again for my own relaxation. I'll post one of them here, although I don't usually keep them, I did save this one. I almost did the Ross thing with the mountains when I got as far as majesty2, so its funny you mention that...maybe next time. :wink:
Just G, I know there are several places I could store stuff online, but that would mean uploading, and remembering where the heck I stored them in the first place. I really have no use for the stuff once its finished, I don't own a printer...( I sneak a print here and there at work), anyway I guess the bottom line is thanks for the suggestions and your offer, but I just don't care enough at this point to save them.
Enchanter, always nice to see you have visited this thread!

So anyway, here are my bubbles...and just for grins, I am adding a jewel made in PSP not ArtRage to show what IS saved on my computer. (Forgive me Rage gang!)

vulturemullet
05-26-2006, 12:40 AM
I know im a lil late commenting on youre work, but like most people here i really loved the blue sunrise and the cave very beautiful. I also know what its like to use a trackball mouse.. haha my hand is aching now from staying up all night on artrage lol.. But hey with this graduation money i just recieved maybe i should invest in a wacom tablet of sorts.. well keep up the great work! :D

cym
05-28-2006, 12:34 PM
vulture, thanks for taking the time to post. Congrats on the graduation!

I was all set to sit down and take the time to paint a Ross style landscape. I did the sky first and was really encouraged to take my time. I put it away till morning...I did the little stream and blue forested hills...and then I left for awhile. This evening, I came back and ruined it. Oh well...I'll show it anyhow, because I think the sky is great. (for me).

ENCHANTER
05-28-2006, 01:33 PM
that cym is wonderous and brillliant :lol:

AndyRage
05-28-2006, 01:51 PM
I think the centre-foreground trees and small flowers are excellent.

bleepnik
05-28-2006, 09:16 PM
Ruined? It's gorgeous.

.g

Aged P
05-28-2006, 09:36 PM
Hi Cwm,

Beautiful sky.
Beautiful river, different levels, different colors.
The mountains are miles away, the front is bright and beautiful and close.

You just got the self criticism wrong! :lol:

cym
05-30-2006, 02:14 AM
Well, thank you all. I suppose if I didn't see what it was supposed to be, I might not consider it too bad. I really appreciate the kind words. Still looks like a jumbled mess to me. :?
Here is a small pic of what it was supposed to be.
And remembering all those who fought and died for my freedom.

cym
05-30-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm determined to take my time on a painting.
Tonights effort.

Aged P
05-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi Cwm,

Just truly beautiful! I can see it two ways, as a weed topped water area or grass.

Making it grass that could be many places, but having spent a few days in Ireland recently you could find a thousand little gems like that.

Making it water made me smile. It brought back memories of an old scout leader striding off purposefully across just that sort of glade. We managed to drag him out!

Well spent time! It is really great how people on the site are just getting better and better.

bleepnik
05-31-2006, 12:32 AM
Ya, this is great cym. It's beautiful as it is, can't wait to see where you take it.

- Gita

Selby
05-31-2006, 01:51 AM
Hi Cym, loverly and refreshing to look at.
Like how you used a somewhat limited pallet too its really effective id not of thought of using it that way and its great -learnt my new thing for today :)

AndyRage
05-31-2006, 12:21 PM
Fantastic pic, Cym.
I like the lighting - nice 'n' gloomy.

Fashmir
05-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Hi cym- Just added "always hope" to my art rage gallery, very nice. I love the warm center bit with all those glassy swirls of subtle tone and movement. Your new one is looking good too. I like glade and swamp pictures.

cym
05-31-2006, 10:50 PM
Thanks for all your comments and encouragement!
This is supposed to be a swamp, so I got a kick out of Aged P's story about the scout leader.
I am having trouble blending the water, I'm using version 2 and I just can't get that knife to work the way I need it to. Here is the latest...

Aged P
05-31-2006, 11:22 PM
Cwm,

You've captured that fluorescent, far too green to be safe, look.
It's a moss/weed covered swamp. The bright patch is perfect.

Toss in a critter somwhere perhaps , but personally I would call that finished.

cym
06-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Oh, I don't think there are any critters in my bag of tricks, maybe a pair of eyeballs...
I don't think I've ever spent this long of a time on a painting. I'm having fun with texture now, and I will probably not know where to stop. Its an interesting experiment for me. So, I'm not quite through with it yet!

bleepnik
06-02-2006, 01:19 AM
cym, I just have to say that every time I see your work, my eyes widen with joy. No matter what colour palette you choose, your technique is such that the end result is nearly luminescent. Your gallery looks like there should be velvet and black light everywhere. In fact, I'd actually love to have some of your pieces displayed just that way in my home.

Lovely stuff.

- Gita

ENCHANTER
06-02-2006, 09:53 AM
its forest scene or jungle scene, i think the picture /viewer maybe expecting some thing to focus on..maybe......great one! :)

cym
06-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Gita, thanks...must be a "growing up in the 70's" thing haunting my art. :lol:
Enchanter, I kept wondering what was wrong with this picture and I think you named it. Its a pretty cool background, but it is lacking. Its probably as Aged said, it needs a critter.

cym
06-04-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm done with the Backwater project. I learned a lot while doing it, and it is the most time I've spent with version 2. I agree it is still in need of a focus point, but I lack the ability to provide it. I also don't think I've ever tried to get this detailed with the mouse. Fun and challenging.
I will try to provide the work in its original size, but I'm not sure it will load.

Fashmir
06-04-2006, 06:24 PM
cym- I like the abundance of green. Green spaces are some of the most peacful places to be for me. I wonder if a simple splash of red, perhaps a bird or flower, could provide what the eye craves? I'm making wishes for you to get a tablet somehow. I would love to see your efforts become unchained. In the mean time please keep posting your incredible mouse work.

bleepnik
06-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Oh thank you! Thank you for posting a large version of this beautiful painting. You made my evening. =) The framed version is cool, too; it looks like an extraterrestrial photograph.

- Gita

AndyRage
06-05-2006, 01:15 AM
Fantastic, Cym. The foliage is great - I love the mosses and lichens on the tree trunks. The depth and lighting is great - this is a fantastic piece.

Aged P
06-05-2006, 04:23 AM
Hi Cwm,

Tiny bluish blossoms at the back, matched with tiny reddish ones at the front. Perfect, the whole glade just got twice as deep!

Critters would have spoiled the solitude.

It's just leaving the printer, on a sheet of good paper, and heading for the wall!

maror
06-05-2006, 04:38 AM
great...
i like the color choice very much...your picture is like a fresh green apple!

greez

cym
06-15-2006, 10:42 PM
Thanks everyone for the uplifting comments. I did discover that I could take more time on a painting, and I actually got so I was enjoying adding the detail.
I haven't painted anything new in awhile. My muse seems to be lost somewhere under all my current real life drama. Poor muse, he/she doesn't stand a chance.
Almost 5 years ago I decided to have a whole life makeover and moved 500 miles from "home". Now I want my old life back, none of the things I had hoped to achieve by the move have been realized. No good job, no new friends, no romance...ahhh well. I am sure all the answers are on the horizon.

friendly
06-16-2006, 01:00 PM
I really like the theme of this painting, your work is always great

cym
06-17-2006, 11:53 AM
thanks friendly!

i finally got the full version....i'm a raging idiot now....stand back!!! 8)

bleepnik
06-17-2006, 03:40 PM
And here, class, we have the initial stages of glitter-tool addiction... =) I really love that sky, it reminds of the African skies in The Lion King. Your foliage is amazing no matter what tool you use, and the glitter bark looks cool.

- Gita

Aged P
06-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Hi Cwm,

Welcome to Glitter World!

And Tube world.

And Airbrush world.

And layer world!!
Did you use a layer for the picture?
Do lots of backgrounds and one tree, then do pick and mix!

Good thing it's the weekend!

cym
06-19-2006, 11:38 PM
heh..thanks Gita & Phil...
I've been messing with everything, way too many choices!!! I don't understand layers yet, they don't seem to be the same as what I am used to. I do like the glitter, but the tree trunks are actually made by dotting the paint tube on the canvas. I keep wanting to make some sort of stained glass with the glitter and thick paint tube, but so far nothing has turned out.

tony
06-20-2006, 12:07 AM
:) Hi Cym, I don't know how I missed your postings, but having found it I can simply say it has been sheer delight to see all yout different paintings and varied approaches.It was like looking through one of those famous artist painting books showing progress and thinking. a real joy to go through. I make sure I don't miss any more of your beautiful paintings and thanks for sharing them with us.Regards,Tony :)

cym
06-21-2006, 11:04 PM
Tony, thanks for visiting, your comments made my day!

This one is just for grins, I have no idea what I'm doing with all these new options. I may have to use version 1 to actually get any painting done. :wink:

Selby
06-22-2006, 12:23 AM
hehe this is great- I feel the alien plant will slurp at my hand like an Anemonie if i touch it :)

Selby

bleepnik
06-25-2006, 07:06 AM
Lol, now *that* is imaginative. Looks like an octopus trying to pull on its bright green shirt. The 8 sleeves seems to have worked out all right, but I think its head might be stuck somewhere. =]

- Gita

cym
06-26-2006, 11:53 PM
No new paintings...real life has left me in a funk. I'll be travelling back to my hometown next weekend in hopes of getting my old job back, and making moving arrangements. I will be losing my internet connection soon also. To all of you who have taken the time to comment and encourage, thank you. To all the wonderful creators of ArtRage and all the wonderful artists...thank you, you have made a permanent impression, and I will be back someday.

AndyRage
06-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Cym, good luck with the move - I hope it works out for you.
You'll be missed by the ArtRage family here.
Good luck with getting un-funked.

AndyRage.

Selby
06-27-2006, 10:26 AM
oh Cym we'll miss you muchly-your a big part of the colourful vibrancy of this place...dont forget to visit us all when you can get online at a local library or something.

all the best wherever the future takes you :)

Selby

Fashmir
06-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Cym- you have a place in the halls of honor here. You being among the first to join when the forum was much smaller. I wish you well and hope for your speedy return.

Weeks
06-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Cym, my english is not good enough to tell that i feel a kind of compasion because we are a "family".

So come back soon.

Weeks

bleepnik
06-28-2006, 08:57 AM
We'll miss you and your mousings, cym. Best of luck to you, and the warmest of wishes for unfunkifying.

- Gita

cym
07-18-2006, 11:01 PM
I can't begin to thank you all for the kind words and well wishes. I have been delayed in move for about a month. The company I am returning to was recently sold, and while management remains the same, it has created chaos and uncertainty about my return date. I am busy packing and dealing with trying to find storage or an affordable means to move my stuff 500 miles. Ahhh, life...a grand adventure.
I did manage to mess around with AR one evening...here is a WIP

Aged P
07-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Hi Cwm,

Welcome back to this oasis of sanity and creativity.

I hope things start to settle down again soon.

Your picture is a great backdrop for any number of other pictures, so don't lose it in the move!

Phil

PS If, when you get there, you end up with an extra lawnmower, a teaset and 4 incredibly fancy saucers. They're ours! It's all part of Removal Roulette! :lol:

tony
07-18-2006, 11:46 PM
:) Hi Cwn, Hope things sort themselves out for you in the near future.Love your latest green picture and as Aged P stated it would make a lovely back drop for other pictures. Good Luck and regards,Tony

cym
07-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Phil & Tony, enjoyed the comments. I appreciate them, and the humor.
Decided to take a break from packing and other worries and paint.
Here is Helen's Pond

Selby
07-28-2006, 01:36 AM
wow cym :shock: <blink blink> the water is just ..well i want to say unreal but really what i mean is so very very real it doesnt look like art it looks like real- a fantastic job of it

Selby

bleepnik
07-28-2006, 01:46 AM
Yay! I was so happy to see the moused thread bumped to the top again. Thank you for another beautiful painting, cym. Hope you can "get away from it all" more frequently. (Is that greedy?) =)

.g

ENCHANTER
07-28-2006, 06:33 AM
Hi Cym,
hope everything is going well for you,
and you find what you looking for ,

i like the greens, there is something lurking in there,

and the pond is beautiful

best wishes

AndyRage
07-28-2006, 12:16 PM
The pond image is awesome. I particularly like the stand of trees to the far right.

DaveRage
07-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Magnificent sky. The way you've managed to make that cloud formation look with the colour behind it really appeals to me.

cym
07-28-2006, 09:53 PM
Wow, thanks everyone, the response did my soul good. I am in limbo, still waiting for the word that the job is open up north. I will be losing my internet at home by August 10th. (no sense renewing the dsl contract).
My daughter looked at Helen's Pond, and said the trees to the right were too short or the fence to the left was too big. I had to agree with her. I also think the water is a bit too blue. Lesson's learned. Anyway, I gave it a crop and it does seem to look better without the fence.

cym
07-31-2006, 11:40 PM
Early Sunday morning, I started this one. Trying to take my time on it, we'll see what happens.

bleepnik
08-01-2006, 02:15 AM
A marvelous beginning.

.g

limecube
08-01-2006, 02:34 AM
Lovely Art I Must Say! cym

Aged P
08-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Hi Cwm,
(I think you should do the red nose next! :lol: :lol:)

Great start!

Selby
08-01-2006, 09:47 AM
mmn i can hear the brook running over the edge and happily burbling

Selby

cym
11-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Hello everyone!!!
I miss this place so much. I will be back online around the 1st of December. I am working 50 + hours a week and have so little time for fun!!! All is going well...I move into my own apartment right across the street from work on the 1st.
Take care, hope to look at all the cool stuff soon. (and maybe even mouse again :shock:

Bumble
11-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Hello Cym....I look forward to seeing more of your work I love all of it :D

cym
03-13-2007, 03:13 PM
A bit rusty at this...but here is something in the works. I hope I will get more time to come by and visit, and see all I have missed.

B-D-B
03-13-2007, 04:08 PM
whoooooa cym, awesome.!

ENCHANTER
03-13-2007, 10:33 PM
good to see you here again

waiting to see the painting :)

waheednasir
03-14-2007, 08:25 AM
i really like this, lovely mood, with a very nice palette and most of all the abstract feel that it has.

good job cym...:).

Fashmir
03-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Welcome back Cym. This has such a nice mood and translucence. It is solid enough to show it (to my eyes) as a subterranean lake and falls, but abstract enough to feel dreamy and magical. More please. :)

Aged P
03-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Welcome back Cwm, :D

I hope life has settled down a bit.

The picture is very North Peninsula!
Cool is both senses. :D

This one should see you through to 15,000 vews!

Phil

cym
03-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone! It's so nice to see the familar faces and names. (Always good to see new ones too!)
I don't have much free time. Working 2 jobs leaves me a little tuckered out, and I'm still catching up with all my friends and relatives "up north".

I do think this has an underground feel to it...but I'm not sure where it will take me...just something I've been doodling during the slow times at work.
Beats the heck out of spider solitaire. (I have to be cautious though, really not supposed to be surfing!) :roll:

Selby
03-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Beautiful cavern cym :D a nice secret place to visit

Selby

Taron
03-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Wow, just read through your thread here! If you ever plan on writing an autobiography, you've got a good reference here, i guess?! :lol: ...great stuff! I'm seeing a whole bunch of mouse artists here, who do phenomenal work with it!

Love the caverns! Very icy or rather translucent! Great feel! (there should be a :thumbsup: emoticon!) http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif HA!

Lee
03-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Dear Cym, What good reading, like an illustrated diary, beautiful and interesting, trying to pick out my favorite picture is impossible,thank you..

cym
03-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Once again...thanks for the kind words.
I never thought about this being a dairy of sorts, but I guess it is.

Phil, it finally clicked what was meant by the 15000...imagine that! Too bad more of them don't leave comments. I probably should start a new gallery. This one is getting pretty large.

Anyway, I doodled a little more. I see there is now a forum for works in progress...forgive me for sticking this here, I'm just used to keeping it all in one thread.

cym
01-17-2008, 01:25 PM
:mrgreen:

EB
01-17-2008, 03:06 PM
I haven't been threw the pages yet.
The last image is where I started
and it is Interesting :D :D :D

D Akey
01-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Nice painting, Cym. Ontonogan never looked so grand. :D :D :D

RobertSWade
01-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Good to see you're still kicking about Cym. :) Loads of good stuff here.

Selby
01-17-2008, 04:12 PM
woo very nice ice castle :D very magical.

also reminds me of the caverns of underworld of the lady of the green kirtle in the Narnia books by C.S.Lewis.

Selby

cym
07-30-2008, 06:36 AM
Just kickin' this thread out of the dust for a minute or two

D Akey
07-30-2008, 06:48 AM
Looks like a Superman's hideout version of Oz. . . either that or it's Ontanagon.

Looks good. No dust to be seen.

ginahobbit
07-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Wow, that is brilliant and done with a mouse, fantastic work:)

screenpainter
07-31-2008, 01:37 AM
That's a beautiful piece Cym. Love to see more. So glad you pulled this out of the dust covered files. :)

cym
06-16-2010, 08:02 AM
I no longer have a computer at home and had forgotten most of these mousing's. What a fun trip to see all these pictures again. Thanks ArtRage for still keeping them here and not sending them to oblivion yet.

cym
11-04-2011, 08:53 AM
This is so amusing, posts from the days when an the ArtRage forums were new, and I used a mouse and version 1.

Hi everyone!

Caesar
11-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi, dear Cym! I hope You're OK and I really wish to have You hopefully back here soon and fully endowed for sharing again more and more of Your artpieces. Blessings and all the best to You!

D Akey
11-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Hi Cym!

Are you back or blowing through town?

Seems with Winter coming on you ought to have some time to paint!

Good to see your handle again.

cym
11-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Awww, somebody remembers me! Hi Caesar and the big D!
I am probably just drifting by. When my computer with version 1 on it became obsolete, I found that newer computers and newer version of ArtRage were harder to paint with the mouse on. I've yet to get a true tablet which would really be the thing, maybe I should ask Santa. ;)