PDA

View Full Version : window

RobertSWade
04-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Just so you all know that I'm not just shooting off my mouth here. :)
Things have been hectic and I find little time lately to work but, here is what I'm working on. "Slowly I turn ... step by step .... " lol

RobertSWade
04-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Isn't it interesting how different artists employ different methods? I almost always employ a top to bottom approach and then layer on top of that. Don't know why I do it that way ... probably speaks to some deep seated psychological malfunction. :?

Rowena
04-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Great begining!
I imagion its diffucult to make a curtained window look interesting but you have manage to do so. Well done. :)

calzgal
04-18-2008, 11:46 AM
Niagara Falls!!!! 8)

I will thoroughly enjoy the inch by inch...

juliediane
04-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Great work as usual. Must be a busy time of the year! I've had to struggle to find time also.

D Akey
04-18-2008, 09:14 PM
I somehow feel like there should be a bunch of bare shapely women's legs sticking out below. . . like for an advert for new designs in summer houses as opposed to summer dresses.

I personally don't paint like that, though it takes on the look of someone doing a rendering as an assignment for school. It happens when one is copying a photograph usually -- meaning that the image is already resolved, rather than having the experience of discovery. Nothing wrong with it. Just a different approach -- a matter of where you get your jollies in painting. Whether you are into articulated surfaces and accuracy or light and mood.

Looks swell though. Has a nice rustic shingle feel.

Rick
04-18-2008, 11:08 PM
Very nice Robert.. I really like the weatherd paint around the window.. very realistic..

ScottF
04-19-2008, 05:02 AM
"Slowly I turn ... step by step .... " :wink:

Robert, from one stooge to another, you seem to be off to a great start!

RobertSWade
04-19-2008, 05:41 AM
Hey! I resemble that remark. Nyuk nyuk.

RobertSWade
04-19-2008, 08:05 AM
Thank you Rowena ... I'm trying. :)

Thanks for looking in Kathy. I'll try to live up to the advance billing. :)

Hi Julie. Yes, it's been a bit hectic lately. Thanks. :)

Good to have you back from riding the range D Akey. Well, I guess that's just the way my brain is wired. Glad you like it so far. :)

Thanks Rick. The window is still pretty rough at this point but I do want to achieve that weathered, peeling paint look. :)

Thank you Scott. :)

ENCHANTER
04-20-2008, 06:56 AM
i love the weathered look and the peeling paint

wonderful painting :D