PDA

View Full Version : Paride's choice WIP progress

Caesar
04-16-2008, 05:37 AM
I used the feature of three of our lovely lady mates to represent the three goddesses (one was a side view guess looking to a frontal picture).
I only used three reference pictures of them, the rest is pure imagination of mine.
I also put some more colour and tones.
Still some work to finish, but can You recognise them?

Mirage Velondor
04-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Ok lemme think for a second here......

Athena
Aphrodite
Demeter/Hera? (dont know if you call them the same in english)

Nice idea nonetheless!!

:D

RobertSWade
04-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Left to right ... Nika maybe, Selby almost certainly, and not a clue. Also, who's the guy in the speedos? :)

Caesar
04-16-2008, 09:28 AM
To Mirage: from the left; Athena (Greek)/ Minaerva (Latin), Hera (Greek)/ Juno (Latin), Aphrodite (Greek)/ Venus (Latin). There's not Demetra (Greek)/ Ceres (Latin). Quite good with mythology! :wink:

To Bob: You're right so far, but You did not guess the last one (Idiotique). As for the guy Paris (Paride in Italian), if You wish to take the responsibility to choose among those beauties, I can put Your features (You've got the right kind of beard at least). :lol:

Rick
04-16-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm like Bob.. Nika and Selby for sure, but still guessing on the third.. Real nice work Caesar.. I'm sure when I find out who the third is I will be shouting "Of course, of course".. Keep up the good paintings Caesar.. Always love to see your work..

Mirage Velondor
04-16-2008, 09:56 AM
I wasn't really sure, I couldn't choose between Hera or Demeter. But I think I did just fine :wink:

And again love the idea!! :D

Caesar
04-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks Rick for appreciating my efforts. :D
Actually I made a mistake having the figure and the background on the same layer, :( so my productivity cannot be as fast as I wish because I will have to go on around the figures now, but I think I can complete it reasonably fast.
P.S. the third figure is a recent "behind the brush" addition (among the ones still attending), i.e. IdiotiQue. Obviously since I do not know them visually and they did not post a "model book", I can only guess from a picture or a low resolution avatar even in a quite different pose (as it was for Nika).

Dear Mirage, You were quite right and You show a great classic mythological culture (I guess You're strong also with the nordic mythiology, the asi, Odin, Thor, Loki etc.). :o :D
In the specific case though it was Hera/ Juno only because actually she was among the three competing for Paris golden apple award.
Should I paint in future Demetra/ Ceres (mother of Persefone/ Proserpina kidnapped and married by Ades/ Pluto), as a hint and attribute, she would be bearing some crop. I also apologise to have painted Aphrodite/ Venus without Eros/ Cupidus flying with the little "love" bow! :lol:

Mirage Velondor
04-16-2008, 08:42 PM
There's no need for you to apologise :wink:

I know something of Nordic mythology but not much, but I've been wanting to look into it more recently. Mostly for the close connection seeing my location and for new painting ideas. The Nordic mythology always had a certain attraction apart from Greek and Egyptian. :D

Caesar
04-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Here's another step.
The background scene is substantially completed unless You hav some suggestion, advice or correction to propose, dear friends.
Next It will be time to struggle with the figures which are still to be fully carved out.

ScottF
04-17-2008, 04:28 AM
Great idea! I was going to guess Idiotique for the third figure, but you already told everyone. :wink:

Caesar
04-17-2008, 07:43 AM
Right guess Scott anyhow. :wink: This Section is not attended by many mates, so identities would be still secret to most of the people when it will eventually go on the main Gallery. :)

RobertSWade
04-17-2008, 08:22 AM
To Mirage: from the left; Athena (Greek)/ Minaerva (Latin), Hera (Greek)/ Juno (Latin), Aphrodite (Greek)/ Venus (Latin). There's not Demetra (Greek)/ Ceres (Latin). Quite good with mythology! :wink:

To Bob: You're right so far, but You did not guess the last one (Idiotique). As for the guy Paris (Paride in Italian), if You wish to take the responsibility to choose among those beauties, I can put Your features (You've got the right kind of beard at least). :lol:

Uh-uh. I'm not getting into the middle of that. I nominate Rick. Oh, and put some clothes on IQ ... she's a minor you know. :)

Caesar
04-17-2008, 09:50 AM
I undestand Your retreat Bob; I would be embarassed as well to choose among beauties! :oops:
I already put some clothes on Venus to cover any erogen zone so as avoid the After 9 o'clock Section. :wink:
I hope this is enough, but some coquetry has to be expected in the role of Aphrodite/ Venus to eventually win the contest promising to Paris Helena, Mrs. Universe and the wife of Menelaus as a reward. :lol:

Caesar
04-18-2008, 02:31 AM
Step by step. Other three figures and fuinal touches left.

Rick
04-18-2008, 03:04 AM
Bob, If I still or ever had a body like his, I would vie for the position.. However, at my age it is more than my jowls that have droped.. Need a young fella for this one.. Thanks anyhow... lol
Caesar, It's looking good..

Caesar
04-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Thanks Rick. It's not easy without any reference, You know.
Ag is not a problem for taking part since You might be painted at whatever age. :)
The problem to choose among gorgeous ladies, is the real big trouble. When Paris chose he made two enemies of the two non-selected goddesses and the town of Troy was eventually destroyed! :lol:

juliediane
04-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Sooooooo cool. Great work as always!

Caesar
04-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Thank You for such an affectionate support, JD! :D :D :D
Considering such an enthusiam, if You don't mind, I'm gonna take your features from Your "Behind the brush" picture sooner or later for some next mythological visual story! :wink: :D :D

ScottF
04-19-2008, 04:59 AM
Rick,

I appreciated your comment: "However, at my age it is more than my jowls that have droped." IŽd never understood the concept of a face lift--until the last couple of years. :wink:

ENCHANTER
04-20-2008, 07:00 AM
wonderful pic :D

Caesar
04-21-2008, 02:36 AM
Hi, Enchanter, nice to hear from You again! ... and thanks! :D

Caesar
04-23-2008, 04:06 AM
One more step.

Lee
04-23-2008, 07:50 AM
Dear Caesar, comeing along beautifully! fun watching them come to life! will be awesome!

Caesar
04-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Thank You Lee. :D
The JPEG is a bit different (worse) from the ArtRage painting though. :(

juliediane
04-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Caesar, just promise you won't make me a witch or a dragon. LOLOL

Belvrog
04-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Promising work so far Caesar. I instantly recognized all of them. Except of the guy, but I've read the thread and now I know. :)

Keep it up. Good work !!

Caesar
04-24-2008, 01:49 AM
How could I ever do this to a lovely lady, dear JD :?:
I would represent You however You wish, Madam, and based on whichever reference picture You have of You or story, tale, costume You like! :wink: :)
I cannot really displease ladies not even when I make a caricature of them (ask Netti and Davisa in case). :lol:

Dear Belvrog, Rick resigned and nobody else is taking the responsibility to choose among these beautiful ladies. I presume because last time (with Paris) it ended up with the Troy war! :lol: I think I'll ask the one playing St. George to play this part too. :(

Caesar
04-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Next time the final one on the Gallery.

RobertSWade
04-25-2008, 03:25 PM
This is fantastic but you're gonna be in so much trouble if IQ's parents ever see it. :shock:

Caesar
04-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Right Bob! With today's world and the crime organised also internationally to answer any form of perversion, we have too be much more careful.
Maybe I better tell her parents and see whether they mind (It's not really a portrait, jut reference, but it does resemble).
I hope that they're still acquainted with ancient Flemish and Dutch art where some degree of mild erotism (nobody's naked here) was tolerated by the Catholic Church too.
Else I would not post it anymore unless IQ gets the ricght age and has nothing contrary.
In any case I would have told all the three Musae before going to the Gallery.

Nika
04-27-2008, 01:27 AM
Caesar, I've discovered this wonderful WIP too late. I was surprised that you decided to paint me as Athene. I'm flattered very much. If I had visited this section more often I could have provided you with a suitable photo :D Nevertheless I love the great idea. As Athene I think Paris should have given the apple to me :lol: :lol:

Caesar
04-27-2008, 06:54 AM
Dear Nika, I'll explain You why at the main gallery where all the feminine beauties would be explained! Glad You like the idea, Mylady. :D