Resources ->
Pickers ->
Photos

It can be very useful. If you wont to know more about the Real Color Wheel
there are a complete site done by Don Jusko. :D :D :D

donjusko
04-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi Dany51,
I got a Google Alert for my Real Color Wheel (RCW) and followed it here and joined..
What does your post do? I want to try it.

PVIllustration
04-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Hello Don

The images that Dany51 can be loaded in Artrage and used as a custom colorpicker.

Don't know if you have Artrage installed (there's a free version you can download from this site), but if you follow the steps Dany51 posted you can do this in ArtRage.

With the program open,
locate the colorwheel in the lower right corner.
press the little upward pointing triangle and choose 'custom picker -> photos ->' (your saved image should be listed here)

You can now select colors based from the image.

That is what it does. Hope this is alright, and no copyright Infringements has been broken.
Cheers,
Peter

Dany51
04-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Hi Don Jusko,

I post-it in here three images for "Pickers" in ArtRage 2.5,
for the free version of ArtRage is not possible to change the colors as long as I remember.
As you wright on your site that the RCW are free I did take the images and sized on the dimension for pickers : 181x181,
but in fact the wool RCW don't appear, it have to be done in twice with a reversed image.
I hope that you don't mind that I did that.
Like this you discovered ArtRage and perhaps you can help to do the good pickers (which are free of cause :) );
I saw your paintings, is a great work;
I am glad to here about you.

PVIllustration,

Thanks to answer for me, is wright that I am not connected all the time, just when I have time and energy and something to say. :)
But the pickers can't be used in ArtRage Free edition.

donjusko
04-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Hi Peter, Dany51,

Yes the RCW is free for everyone's personal use, the only reservation I have is in printing and reselling. I'm proud that you appreciate the work I have done and I want to make the best available to you.

I have the RCW available as a CS2 image palette in both RGB and CMYK. I print with my 50" Roland plotter and use my CMYK palette to print what I develop.

Thank you for the Artrage information. Purchasing the Plus edition was a pleasure with PayPal.

I'm looking forward to working with you in your forum.

Don

Dany51
04-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Hi Don,

I am glad that you get ArtRage 2.5 and I hope you will appreciate;
there are many people who care about real colors, there are expectations for the ArtRage 3.
I worked all my life with pigments and know a lot of things about but for the digital paintings it is a different way to see things and I am still learning.

donjusko
04-17-2008, 11:53 AM
If you would like me to send you the RGB and CMYK color palette links send me an email.

Dany51
04-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks, I will ask you one day a CD, I don't know when but I'll do . :)

And Welcome to the forum. :D

Dany51
04-19-2008, 02:56 AM
Hi Everyone,

You can find more to: Blending tips to

Tips and Tricks

Fashmir
04-19-2008, 04:31 AM
I have to pipe in and say how delighted I am that Don has joined us and is supporting his excellent color research on this forum. I have appreciated Don's observations about color for years now and want to encourage everyone who is serious about learning color both on and off the computer, to explore what he has to say on his website.

Thanks for taking the time and interest to join us here Don!

BTW his products are excellent and it doesn't hurt to have an actual chart with you when you are away from your computer.

Cheers!

Dany51
04-19-2008, 04:50 AM
I have appreciated Don's observations about color for years now and want to encourage everyone who is serious about learning color both on and off the computer, to explore what he has to say on his website.

I am glad Fashmir that few of Art Rage Forum artists know the site of Don Jusko and I am glad that you appreciate.

Dany51
04-19-2008, 09:08 PM
I did a quick drawing to figure my idea about real colors;
there are a color palette in it , limited at 12 colors;
you can try it if you like. :)

donjusko
12-30-2008, 05:00 PM
This is new, both in RGB and CMYK formats.
The CMYK image has been converted to RGB but it can be converted back and forth accurately because it was made in CMYK.
They are not to be sold or distributed with out permission. But you can use them for your own privet use.

Dany51
12-31-2008, 11:08 PM
Thank you for that, I think it may be used as a picker as well.:)

Happy New Year to you and happy paintings!:)

Fashmir
01-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Don- Thank you very much! :) I hope you are well.

donjusko
01-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Happy New Year

primeau95
01-31-2009, 06:35 PM
I made this three RCW Pickers and shear with you

You have to place this images in the folder :

ArtRage 2 ->
Resources ->
Pickers ->
Photos

It can be very useful. If you wont to know more about the Real Color Wheel
there are a complete site done by Don Jusko. :D :D :D

what are pickers? how and when would one use the color wheels?

donjusko
01-31-2009, 07:21 PM
You would have to ask Ken how to insert the swatch palettes into ArtRage, I still don't have Windows.

How to use the color wheel and swatch palettes I can answer.
It's mainly used to find compatible colors and colors that are in gamut.
Use the CMYK palette if you are going to print your image. Use the RGB palette if it's just for use on computers.

Colors that go well together are opposites on this color wheel, any combination of tints, full colors or shades will work. To make a shadowed color of an object just add the opposite color.

Colors that make a "Y" or a triangle also work. A "Y" would be a split complement scheme, a triangle would be a triad.

Colors next to each other are called analogous colors, they can have opposing sets of colors that look good together also.

Don

P.S.
For a more in-depth description of why it works, go here.
realcolorwheel.com/colorwheel.htm

Meisie
03-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Very interesting stuff indeed! As a color pencil artist I find the Prismacolors on the wheel particularly interesting. I think I shall make myself one of those!
Thank you for sharing this useful information and for the sheer pleasure of looking at all those yummy colours so well ordered on the wheel...makes me want to play with color! :D

donjusko
03-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Hi Meisie,
Here is a page about colored pencils and the RCW. It has a link to a 300 dpi blank colorwheel for you to print out and color in with your own pencils.

realcolorwheel.com/pencils.htm

I had to omit the www part that would have made it a working url/

Steve B
04-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Sorry for the torrent of posts today, but I'm finally really digging in to some of these supplies. I've looked over the RCW stuff before actually. It's really awesome. Was a color set ever made from the CMYK palette? If not, I could see if I could try and make one. I've not done that before, but might be up for it if no one else already has it to share. IMO, it's worth it.

donjusko
04-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Hi SteveB,

A CMYK version has already been done.
This is a 5"x5", RCW, CMYK TIFF for Artists to print out, Set your printer for 300 dpi or print it on a professional Xerox. The link to the file is here.
realcolorwheel.com/MyFreeLinks.htm

Ken will tell you how to make a special palette for Art Rage or you can just reduce the 5" 36RCW CMYK and choose a color from it.