PDA

View Full Version : Apple study (One done in ArtRage the other in Photoshop)

Someonesane
04-09-2008, 04:14 PM
When I first bought my drawing tablet (around October of last year) I sat down to try and teach myself to paint in Photoshop. One of my first real attempts was an Apple (from a reference I found online). As an experiment, I thought it would be nice to try and do the same apple in ArtRage. I'm not sure whether it's because I'm a bit more acquainted with my drawing tablet now or ArtRage's easy to use interface and color blending style, but I finished the one in ArtRage much faster. I like them both for different reasons though. Here are the results...

AndyRage
04-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Yowza! Those are fantastic apples.
In my humble (and completely unbiased, of course) opinion the Photoshop one looks more 'digital', while the ArtRage one looks more natural with more realistic flaws. (Especially around the highlight)

Monstrously wonderful. If you have images of your progress, you should check out the 'call for content' thread in the General Chat section of this board!

Someonesane
04-10-2008, 02:52 AM
you should check out the 'call for content' thread in the General Chat section of this board!

Thank you for you kind words Andy,

I actually read the 'call for content' thread last night before I posted this. There's some things I have to consider before sending anything in though. I've sent you a PM on the subject, in hope of some feedback.

Lee
04-10-2008, 03:16 AM
Dear Someone, yummy apples, like the artrage one the best, very real looking, just so pretty, sharper highlights and color too,,,,

Caesar
04-10-2008, 03:47 AM
No doubt on which is the best; the AR one, honestly.
In any case You made an impressive experiment and work! :D :wink:

ScottF
04-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Both are good; however, the ArtRage version seems richer. Maybe Im biased. :wink:

screenpainter
04-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Beautiful work. I like both of them. The art rage version has a bit of stem envy. :D

Someonesane
04-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks everyone 8)

Rain11
04-22-2008, 07:34 PM
I looked at both apples making sure I didn't see what program they were made in and I do have to say, the one made in artrage is the one I would bite into :D They are both beautiful though :D