PDA

View Full Version : New painting in my Nepal series: Mother and Child

bcmillustrator
06-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here is something that has been taking up the majority of my spare time!

Brian

aesthitic
06-24-2006, 04:05 PM
i like it... are you still working on it?

ENCHANTER
06-24-2006, 07:14 PM
i feel like i can almost get hold those babys chubby cheeks :)

good portraits

:)

bcmillustrator
06-25-2006, 01:26 AM
Thanks Enchanter and Aesthitic.

I would say this painting is done for now. There are some things that I can see that I would like to tweak, but I've been immersed in this painting for about a week and need a little break from it. It probably needs a break from me as well.

Brian

ingie01
06-25-2006, 02:00 AM
It is amazing what a break from a current work will do for your creative eye. I actually leave some of my work for 6 months or more. When I look again I see things that were never there before. Has to do with input and synthesis these things vary with individuals but important to understand.....
As for the painting, good sensibilities with form and proportion.

bcmillustrator
06-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Thanks ingie,

With each portrait, I am getting more comfortable with the tools. Practice, practice, practice!

Brian

Selby
06-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Hi Brian- good stufff meanwhile you need to warn the lady that her baby has designs on her nose ring and if she dosent watch it like a hawk itll yank on it in no time and boy..then will she be sorry.

Loverly skin tones you blend them so well and such a nice composition

Selby

bcmillustrator
06-28-2006, 01:11 AM
Too true, Selby!

I have an 18 month old daughter and she has been very good about not yanking off my spectacles or my wifes jewelry. Of course we had to tell her a couple of times! Now she will make a movement toward my glasses and when she gets my attention she smiles coyly.

Brian

bleepnik
06-28-2006, 08:03 AM
Awwwwww. =)

.g