PDA

View Full Version : St. George WIP

Caesar
04-05-2008, 06:19 AM
New step.

ScottF
04-05-2008, 06:48 AM
Better and better! Itīs definitely starting to take shape.

Caesar
04-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks Scott! :D The struggle will go on, but it's getting harder to nextly imagine the dragon skin and give final touches!

screenpainter
04-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Perhaps a texture like you did in the coat of mail experiment. The middle one would also adapt to the dragon skin. Just a thought. Looking good! :D

Caesar
04-06-2008, 03:49 AM
Yes, something like that Albert, but I'm a little uncertain on colours and I would like to insert some some little surprise/ effect. We'll see!

Fashmir
04-06-2008, 05:50 AM
Caesar- My take on painting dragons has changed over the years. My early dragons were likely to have every scale painted meticulously and often they were the same size. I began to study reptile scale patterns paying particular attention to how their colors related to their environments and to the variations in the size of their scales as related to various areas of their bodies. I also began to realize that I didn't have to paint scales over an entire creature, but rather to paint enough to suggest scales and let details fall off in areas I am not emphasizing.

This image is such a great collection of artistic challenges. It's coming on nicely.

Caesar
04-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Thank You Fashmir for Your kind suggestion. I often embark in challenging adventures where intuition only cannot help that much and with very poor planning and tests upfront, so the level is uneven. However i think I'll be able to finish it decently. Another issue i how much You ned neat contour to the figures.